Tournament SV LC UU Kickoff Challenge | Won by JuanSG

Approved by Coconut
Hello everyone and welcome to
The SV LC UU Kickoff Challenge
Now as you may be aware, we in LC UU do not currently, and likely will not ever have an actual ladder to get tons of games in. As a response to that, I am running a non-traditional tour that will allow us the opportunity to get in much more games that "matter" via the Kickoff Challenge. A previous iteration of this style of competition was run last generation via the LC UU discord server, but this time we're taking it to the forums.

The way this will work is simple: everyday from Sunday, December 4th through the end of the month December 31st at 11:59pm GMT-6, participants will have the opportunity to play up to 5 LC UU game against any other participant. Each win will result in a point gained on the running leaderboard and the player with the most points at the end of the Challenge period wins. The challenge winner will receive a custom role and color in the LC UU discord as well as the opportunity to join the council should they want to.

Rules:
1) You may only play up to 5 games that count towards the tour per day. Resetting daily at Midnight GMT-6 (just 'cause that's my timezone)
2) You may not play the same opponent on multiple times in the same day. You can repeat opponents otherwise
3) Both players must agree to the game counting toward the Open Challenge and be registered participants. (No farming roomtours against randos for points)
4) Games must be played in the Gen9 LC 9 format on Showdown unless/until we receive a challengeable format for Gen9 LC UU
5) Replays must be posted in this thread in order for games to count. You may edit in multiple replays to a single post if you would prefer.
6) Should the leaderboard be tied at the end, the tiebreaker will be win percentage. If 2 or more participants have the same number of points and the same win percentage at the end, a Round-Robin Final will be conducted between the deadlocked participants. Games will be Bo3 in the Final should that situation occur.

In order to find opponents, you can schedule via Smogon VM or utilize the open-challenge channels in the LC UU discord (https://discord.gg/N2th25W8ZJ) once there, you can be assigned a role for challenge participants that will make finding opponents a little easier. Use the open-challenge-registration channel in order to do so.

Reply with "in" or something along those lines in this thread to register.

Signups begin now, and will be rolling throughout the month for folks that want to hop in later on. The first games can be played starting at Midnight (12:00am) GMT-6 on Sunday December 4th.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this competition feel free to reach out to me and let me know. I look forward to playing with you all and hope this turns into an enjoyable experience for everyone! Good luck and have fun!

Leaderboard
Sheet
As of Dec. 12, 2022
1. JuanSG - 8pts (8-0)
2. Peachy07 - 3pts (3-4)
3. reggg - 2pts (2-1)​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)