move 2: Headlong Rush
move 3: Heavy Slam / Head Smash / Knock Off
move 4: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Knock Off
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
* With maximum Attack and Speed EVs and Choice Scarf, Great Tusk can outspeed and OHKO Meowscarada, non-Speed Booster Energy Iron Bundle, and Chien-Pao.
* Head Smash is for Volcarona and Iron Jugulis.
* Heavy Slam is for bulky Flutter Mane sets and Choice Specs Sylveon.
* Alternatively, an EV spread of 164 Atk / 92 SpD / 252 Spe with Knock Off beats Modest Gholdengo, while some rolls, such as against Choice Specs Sylveon, become worse.
* Due to Great Tusk's low Special Defense, it is weak to special attackers like Skeledirge, Speed Booster Energy Iron Bundle, Babiri Berry Sylveon, and Iron Valiant.
* Since Great Tusk will be locked into an attacking move, opposing Annihilape can set up with Bulk Up and OHKO Great Tusk afterwards.

[CREDITS]
- Set(s) created by: [[Adam3560, 541106]]
- Written by: [[DezShizzels, 449859]]
- Quality checked by: [[bored_glitch, 579035], [SwordIsBored, 489963], [Lumii, 493772]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lumii, 493772], [UT, 523866]]

Last edited by a moderator:

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
additions / changes
removals
comments / (add comma)
[SET]
name: Scarf (Great Tusk)
move 1: Close Combat
move 3: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Fire Fang
move 4: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Fire Fang

[SET COMMENTS]
* Maximum Attack and Speed EVs together with Choice Scarf allows Great Tusk to outspeed and K.O. OHKO the likes of Meowscarada, non-Air Balloon Gholdengo, non-Speed Booster Iron Brundle, and Chien-Pao.
* Head Smash can be used for Volcarona and, Iron Jugulis.
* Heavy Slam is ran against a more defensive bulkier Flutter Mane sets and, Choice Specs Sylveon.
* Megahorn for the likes of Brute Bonnet and, Wo-Chien.
* Ice Spinner for those with a glaring weakness to ice like Garchomp and, Salamence. (-1 252+ Atk Great Tusk Ice Spinner vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 312-368 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO use other example or remove)
* Fire Fang can be used against for Scizor.
* Send Scarf Great Tusk out against those it outspeeds Pokemon that it is able to outspeed and is able to OHKO or, (ac) against those it lives survives a hit from, and is able to 2HKO attack twice.
* Due to Great Tusk's low Special Defense it is rather weak to most strong and bulky special attackers like Skeledirge, Speed Booster Iron Brundle, Babiri Berry Sylveon, and Iron Valiant.
* Great Tusk being locked into an attacking move gives those like Annihilape a chance to setup and OHKO back.

[CREDITS]
- Set(s) created by: [[adam3560, 541106]]
- Written by: [[dezshizzels, 449859]]
- Quality checked by: [[bored_glitch, 579035], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
1/2 when implimented, dm on discord if you have any questions

inabakumori stamp2.gif

(you get the smaller stamp cuz you force me to qc)

Last edited:
[SET]
name: Scarf (Great Tusk)
move 3: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Fire Fang Knock Off
move 4: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Fire Fang Knock Off

[SET COMMENTS]
* Maximum Attack and Speed EVs together with Choice Scarf allows Great Tusk to outspeed and OHKO the likes of Meowscarada, non-Air Balloon Gholdengo (changing fire fang to knock off you can mention that knock off beats gholdengo), non-Speed Booster Iron Brundle and Chien-Pao.
* Head Smash can be used for Volcarona and Iron Jugulis.
* Heavy Slam is ran against a more bulkier Flutter Mane and Choice Specs Sylveon.
* Megahorn for the likes of Brute Bonnet and Wo-Chien. (252+ Atk Great Tusk Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Tablets of Ruin Wo-Chien: 324-384 (86.8 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. You die to Leaf Storm afterwards.)
* Ice Spinner for those with a glaring weakness to ice like Garchomp.
* Fire Fang can be used for Scizor. (50% chance to kill 248 HP Scizor, I'd say remove mentions of Fire Fang as a whole due to it being completely worthless.)
* Send Scarf Great Tusk out against Pokemon that it is able to outspeed and OHKO or, against those it survives a hit from, and is able to 2HKO.
* Due to Great Tusk's low Special Defense it is weak to most special attackers like Skeledirge, Speed Booster Iron Brundle, Babiri Berry Sylveon, and Iron Valiant.
* Great Tusk being locked into an attacking move gives those like Annihilape a chance to setup and KO back.

[CREDITS]
- Set(s) created by: [[adam3560, 541106]]
- Written by: [[dezshizzels, 449859]]
- Quality checked by: [[bored_glitch, 579035], [username2, userid2]]

good qc check, SwordIsBored!!

DezShizzels, please credit SwordIsBored. I'll be stamping his check as official.

I have a few more QC things to do though.
move 3: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Knock Off
move 4: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Knock Off
So if you import this from Smogon, you'd get a Pokemon with two Head Smashes. Try to change this to move 4: Heavy Slam / Head Smash / Megahorn / Ice Spinner / Knock Off... I do make more comments about this specific part, so yeah...

* Maximum Attack and Speed EVs together with Choice Scarf allows Great Tusk to outspeed and OHKO the likes of Meowscarada, Gholdengo, non-Speed Booster Iron Brundle and Chien-Pao.
(Weakness Policy Gholdengo calcs... 252+ Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Gholdengo: 324-384 (86.4 - 102.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO, +2 0 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 817-963 (220.2 - 259.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO)

* Megahorn for the likes of Brute Bonnet.
* Ice Spinner for those with a glaring weakness to ice like Garchomp.
I would say to change the set and remove these two. Brute Bonnet isn't really something you see much of, while Great Tusk can beat everything but Choice Band Garchomp with just Headlong Rush and Close Combat.

* Knock Off can be used for Air Balloon Gholdengo.
252+ Atk Great Tusk Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 246-290 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 361-426 (97.3 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Unless you're gonna change your spread to bulk this or something, I wouldn't really include Knock Off for Air Balloon Gholdengo. Even though it doesn't always run much Special Attack, it definitely can, so this isn't really too reliable. If you're bulking it, that's a different story though.

Once you get these changed, you can change it to QC 3/3 and can get out to GP. I'll probs amgp check this one though after I have some food...

amgp, ya know the drill ig
remove / add / comment

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf (Great Tusk)
move 3: Heavy Slam / Head Smash / Knock Off
move 4: Head Smash / Heavy Slam / Knock Off

[SET COMMENTS]
* Maximum Attack and Speed EVs together with Choice Scarf allows With maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Choice Scarf,(AC) Great Tusk to can outspeed and OHKO the likes of Meowscarada, non-Speed Booster Energy: Speed Iron Bundle,(AC) and,(RC) Chien-Pao.
* Head Smash can be used is for Volcarona and Iron Jugulis.
* Heavy Slam is ran against a more for bulkier bulky Flutter Mane sets and Choice Specs Sylveon.
* Alternatively, an EV spread of 164 Atk / 92 SpD / 252 Spe with Knock Off can be ran to beats Modest Gholdengo,(AC) whilst while some rolls become worse. (like against what? I'd phrase this as "while some rolls, such as against [insert Pokemon here], become worse." when you have examples here)
* Send Scarf Great Tusk out against Pokemon that it is able to outspeed and OHKO or, against those it survives a hit from, and is able to 2HKO. (you are essentially repeating the first bullet point here.)
* Due to Great Tusk's low Special Defense,(AC) it is weak to most special attackers like Skeledirge, Speed Booster Energy: Speed Iron Brundle Bundle, Babiri Berry Sylveon, and Iron Valiant.
* Great Tusk being locked into an attacking move gives those like Annihilape a chance to setup and KO back. Since Great Tusk will be locked into an attacking move, opposing Annihilape can set up with Bulk Up and OHKO Great Tusk afterwards. (This is a bit unclear, as you do not state what setting up with Annihilape really means, so please do that)

[CREDITS]
- Set(s) created by: [[Adam3560, 541106]]
- Written by: [[DezShizzels, 449859]]
- Quality checked by: [[bored_glitch, 579035], [SwordIsBored, 489963], [Lumii.493772]]

UT

I chose this cyclone with you
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
With maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Choice Scarf,(AC)
This should just be "and Choice Scarf" no need for "a"
Booster Energy: Speed Iron Bundle
I am making the executive decision to refer to "Pokemon with a Booster Energy that boosts Speed" as "Speed Booster Energy [Mon]". Not your fault, I was unclear on my recommendation there.

Otherwise passing Lumii's check as-is, please credit both of us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)