Suspect Ladder Haban Berry Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limitless switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ♂).
Garchomp used Outrage.
Garchomp went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Garchomp lost 59% of its health.
kiryoku's Garchomp fainted.
Limitless wins!

My Garchomp has Haban Berry, but it never activated. Am I missing something?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
If it's your last Pokemon, the berries don't activate. It's just programmed like that into Shoddy.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If it's your last Pokemon, the berries don't activate. It's just programmed like that into Shoddy.
Really? It's happened to me before:

Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 73% of its health.
The Shuca Berry weakened Earthquake's power!
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Gliscor lost 46% of its health.
Legacy Raider's Gliscor fainted.
Sitzmark wins!
Sitzmark: gg

Heatran was his last Pokemon. I don't know, it might be that Haban Berry is the only berry that doesn't work on the last Pokemon, I'm not sure...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
If the opponent's attack was going to finish you even with the berry, sometimes it doesnt appear like you had it, maybe that?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bleh, yea, I worded it badly.

It should've been:

If your Pokemon were to die even if factoring in the berry, the berry doesn't activate.

Saves 1 whole line of code.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
There are several issues in play here.

In Shoddy Battle 1, as soon as one team is entirely fainted, the battle immediately ends; no further work is done by the pokemon engine. This is the wrong end of battle mechanics and is also why there are no draws. Anyway, in Shoddy Battle 1, the message that a berry weakened an attack is shown after the health is removed from the pokemon. So, if removing that health causes one team to be entirely fainted, the battle immediately ends, and the message that the attack was weakened is suppressed.

It's unlikely that any of the issues here will be resolved in Shoddy Battle 1, but Shoddy Battle 2 will have the correct end of battle mechanics.

For greater clarity: the attack was weakened, but the message was suppressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)