Sunny Day Zard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this team a little while ago and it’s been doing pretty well, I’m here to explain the basics of the team. And to receive feedback on it.

(this is the team
https://pokepast.es/f3b3d11311c546ae)

first is grimmsnarl and incineroar. Lead them first and double fake out for free damage, next set up reflect and light screen, and in some situations close combat the opponents.

second. Torcoal and Charizard, after setting up screens send in toarcoal and charizard to set up the sun and begin dishing out massive damage.Of course charizard is quad weak to rock, but there not many special rock moves so torcoal can will-o-wisp to prevent charizard from dying too fast. Double heatwave In the sun deals humongous damage to opposing Pokémon, and torcoal has Solarbeam to counter water and rock types

and finally third. Regieleki and Porygon2 they both serve as clean up crew and speed control both run electroweb to slowdown opposing Pokémon, Regieleki can dish out massive damage with thunderbolts, and porgon2 is

hope you guys enjoy the team and have a great day

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hi, this isn't an appropriate topic for a new thread here (with new threads also requiring approval first), I would recommend reading the Smogon Rules before posting in the future. This would be more appropriate for asking in the official Smogon Doubles Discord rather than the forum.

For some feedback on your team, I would recommend looking at the Smogdex sets, for example Trick Room Porygon2 with Eruption Charcoal Torkoal would give you a strong TR option. Charizard doesn't have a Doubles analysis, but an offensive item like Choice Scarf / Choice Specs would be a lot better than Lum Berry too. Pokemon wise, your team has some pretty subpar Pokemon on it (check out the Viability Rankings thread to find out which Pokemon are good) and sun as an archetype isn't the best, but it's usable and your team definitely isn't the worst. I would have to recommend using Venusaur over Regieleki though, Regieleki is bad even with Electric Terrain and without is a no-no. Meanwhile, Venusaur (see sample set below) benefits from sun and is a better Water-type / rain check which you really want, and fast sleep is pretty good in general. You do lose the speed control option, but sleep can help make up for this, and the aforementioned possibility of Choice Scarf on Charizard is also an option if you feel you need more speed. Hope this helps!

Venusaur @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Other people might have a better set but this is a good start. Focus Sash has been popular when it was used in the past but with screens then Wide Lens seems better to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)