Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

leParagon

I'm still around, don't worry
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thought I'd mention that it'd be wise to make Type: Null and Silvally out of the same sprite since all that happens is that it breaks it's helmet.
actually the proportions are different since it's an evolution. not much work to do though since it's super similar to Null. prolly a bit kf resizing and some color changes to body for easy work

NO SLEEP 'TILL
(unrelated jams)
lugarugan mn formc.png
Lugarugan MN Form is a go and ready to use... pfft... counter.
Changed the shade of the highlight and editted backleg on the frontsprite as well as the tail from the previous version, as well as a few facial details.

Vikavolt should be next up, but as previously mentioned, it will not be finished prior to Sun/Moon demo release.

UPDATE:
Saw pom say that Palossand was kinda flat, spent thirty minutes adding another outline color and a bit of dithering which I can get away with due to the sand body. Also made the colored rocks a bit more visible.
palossand.png

Last edited:

leParagon

really sorry, been out of the house most of the day, lots of things to work on :c

but here, got 4 sprites done. sorry, can't work on Silvally and Grimer yet today, but first thing tomorrow morning, i gotchu guys. ideally by morning here tomorrow, it'll still be october 15 for most of you guys

charjabug.png
drampa.png
gumshoos.png
torracat.png

really sorry, been out of the house most of the day, lots of things to work on :c

but here, got 4 sprites done. sorry, can't work on Silvally and Grimer yet today, but first thing tomorrow morning, i gotchu guys. ideally by morning here tomorrow, it'll still be october 15 for most of you guys

View attachment 71422 View attachment 71423 View attachment 71424 View attachment 71425
The only problem I see with this set, for now, is Torracat's pose; a more neutral pose is in order, imo. Other than that, these are very good sprites as usual. ;)

leParagon

The only problem I see with this set, for now, is Torracat's pose; a more neutral pose is in order, imo. Other than that, these are very good sprites as usual. ;)
thanks! and yeah I dont really like it much either but I only had a few minutes left to work on it before I had to leave :( i'll make a better one as soon as I get on the laptop again

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I'll go with TrainerSplash's Grimer for now leparagon, the Hakamo-o back and Fake Arceus might want to be priorities right now.

I know you mentioned to me you wanted to do Oricorio, that bird is basically 4 different Pokemon and will probably be not very useful in competitive. Not that I'm forcing you, but sometimes it's good to keep these things in mind ; )

(also who wants to do Minior : D )

Ended up revisiting Bounsweet and shrunk it somewhat after seeing its new waifumon evolutions.

aXl Palossand looks much more impressive with your edits, although I toned down some of the dithering since our styles otherwise clash as mentioned in Art. Newest castle here. Also, I'd love to see your take on Kommo-o after Vikavolt.

Here's a batch of QC:

View attachment 71480

Did some fine-tuning on Comfey's main body and also adjusted the white flower on the back sprite that leparagon mentioned.

View attachment 71564

I felt that Mimikyu's head was tilted a bit too far back on the front sprite, so I tried putting it in a less awkward pose. Knowing that this kind of QC can be pretty subjective, I'm uncertain as to whether the difference actually makes it look any better, so feedback is welcome.

View attachment 71482

Some colour reduction on Charjabug.

Layell says that he'll finish compiling the sprites and send them in tomorrow night, so any sprites that get posted between now and roughly 8:00pm EST tomorrow will still make it in. Besides Ribombee, I also have interest in spriting Steenee (or Wobblebuns could claim it) but I sadly doubt if I'll be able to complete even one of those, much less both, within the next 20 hours ]:

EDIT: forgot Dartrix (removed some spotty anti-aliasing)

View attachment 71487

Last edited:

leParagon

Silvally finally done... whew. literally had to translate each of the japanese types from the japanese trailer because some of the colors for each types are similar to other types. like, water, dragon, and flying each have a certain shade of blue. you'd think they would make water type the darkest blue, but it's the lightest out of the three. that's just some of them xD

also, managed to get them to 13 colors each so that there's extra color space if we need it. uploading them as separate files

also, here's Hakamo-o
hakamoo.png

still gonna work on Torracat but i really need to work on some presentations and study for some long quizzes for tomorrow xD

Attachments

Last edited:
I did this Magearna QC about a week ago but didn't like it very much and subsequently forgot about it

OLD

NEW
magearna.png

Further QC might be necessary still.

Wobblebuns Oricorio Sensu's size seems reasonable to me actually, but you might consider turning the head sideways a bit so that only the closest eye is visible. I also love how Tsareena looks so far, but if the back sprite is giving you difficulties, you could try using the in-game pose instead.

Anyway, I promised Layell that I'd help with compiling sprites, in particular ones I've scratched or edited:

DOWNLOAD SUN/MOON SPRITES BETA PACK (<45kb)

Above is a ZIP archive containing 24 fronts and backs. View them individually below:

bounsweet.png
bounsweet_1.png
brionne.png
brionne_1.png
charjabug.png
charjabug_1.png
comfey.png
comfey_1.png

cutiefly.png
cutiefly_1.png
dartrix.png
dartrix_1.png
fomantis.png
fomantis_1.png
grubbin.png
grubbin_1.png

jangmo-o.png
jangmo-o_1.png
litten.png
litten_1.png
lunala.png
lunala_1.png
lurantis.png
lurantis_1.png

magearna.png
magearna_1.png
mimikyu.png
mimikyu_1.png
palossand.png
palossand_1.png
pikipek.png
pikipek_1.png

popplio.png
popplio_1.png
pyukumuku.png
pyukumuku_1.png
rowlet.png
rowlet_1.png
sandygast.png
sandygast_1.png

stufful.png
stufful_1.png
tapu_koko.png
tapu_koko_1.png
togedemaru.png
togedemaru_1.png
turtonator.png
turtonator_1.png

Note: Nothing in the above pack (or on the spreadsheet/itt) is guaranteed to be final; everything is potentially subject to change until after the games' release

Last edited:
massive datamine has produced results

Just going to say that I now want to move my priority to at least creating the frontsprite for Wimpod's evo because jfc that thing looks like it'll wreak your entire life.
I'm so frakkin' hyped!!! So many cool Pokemon designs, so much to sprite, and so many I want to work on. (~;A;)~ Initially, I wanted to do Popplio's final evo but I saw fishbowlsoul90's sprite and it's already close to perfect, imo. Only problem is that it's too big and would need a resizing. Set my sights on different 'mons and I think I'll settle with Sea-anemone mon (the pre-evo I assume).

EDIT:
Layell says that he'll finish compiling the sprites and send them in tomorrow night, so any sprites that get posted between now and roughly 8:00pm EST tomorrow will still make it in. Besides Ribombee, I also have interest in spriting Steenee (or Wobblebuns could claim it) but I sadly doubt if I'll be able to complete even one of those, much less both, within the next 20 hours ]:
You can go ahead with Steenee if you'd like, pom!

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We have some COOL STUFF, but it appears that every not-demo Pokemon has Pikachu's stats.

It's time to make shinies for our mons, get things as ready as they can be, and then move up to those new mons.

leParagon

Can I make a pixilated version of Kommo-o? I can't make the back though, but maybe someone can use a pixilated front?
i'd love to see yours :D i think i can help you with the backsprite once i see the front!

le Edit: so the data mining showed shiny versions for all the ultra beasts. does this mean they can be caught or something?

Last edited:
i'd love to see yours :D i think i can help you with the backsprite once i see the front!

le Edit: so the data mining showed shiny versions for all the ultra beasts. does this mean they can be caught or something?
No one knows yet. I'd still say that we should do them last until further notice. Its possible there could be an alt-dimension postgame challenge where you fight the Shiny versions at a higher level ala Megaman Battle Network postgame.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
THIS ALBUM LINK IS GOING TO BE REALLY USEFUL

Can I make a pixilated version of Kommo-o? I can't make the back though, but maybe someone can use a pixilated front?
Hi please see the first post and send in an application to join the project : )

Also regarding backs:

Part of the reason I started this application was to get rid of people who just make a front and never bother to make a back. Therefore, I'm not going to accept some randoms front only stuff. Right now we are at an impasse with a lack of any back references. If members of the team make fronts only, I won't mind because I know you guys are good and will make them later. Wobblebuns if you as a team member think those final starter sprites are good then I'll leave it to you to edit the front and make a back (this could go for any front sprite that is available made by a non-project member).

pom made this a while back, but the poses don't match and she abandoned it, so Wobblebuns you could also use this as a base : )

I would appreciate it if we finished up the released Pokemon before moving onto leaks, especially in regards to shiny sprites.

Here is a list of things spriters have reserved, and shown interest in : )

aXl:
- Kommo-o
- Oricorio Baile
- Vikavolt

leparagon:
- Oricorio Pa'u
- Minior

princessofmusic:
- Oricorio Pom-Pom
- Ribombee
- Steenee

Wobblebuns:
- Tsareena (back)
- Final Starters

Need to try the album link later (found out the album was the one I linked pom earlier so whoops) but just wanted to update saying that I finished lineart for Vikavolt during today's lectures today because I'm a responsible student and wasn't paying attention and might have the front done as soon as tonight; so I gotcha. +)

Getting the shiny ball rolling with some of my own sprites:

bounsweet_shiny.png
pikipek_shiny.png
pyukumuku_shiny.png

Original Pyukumuku updated here, as there were two instances of colour sharing that prevented it from being a true swap.

sandygast_shiny.png
palossand_shiny.png

I'll get to Cutiefly once I've figured out Ribombee.

None of the leaked designs interest me a whole lot other than Marshadow, so I'll claim just that one for now.

I have some upcoming midterms to study for, so I probably won't be spriting much over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

leParagon

BIG SPRITE DUMP AHEAD:

-fitting Comfey's colors took so much effort as it is in the normal sprite. then the shiny just messed me up. i didn't try fixing it yet and just tried to get away with this:
shiny comfey.png

-made Alolan Grimer and Minior core. Alolan Grimer was actually made like two days ago but i initially wanted to post Grimer here only after i sprite Muk for DA. changed my mind so im just posting it here now xD
minior_blue.png
minior_green.png
minior_orange.png
minior_pink.png
minior_purple.png
minior_sky.png
minior_yellow.png
alolan grimer.png

-shiny sprites i've done so far:
shiny charjabug.png
shiny drampa.png
shiny grimer.png
shiny gumshoos.png
shiny hakamo-o.png
shiny lugarugan.png
shiny meowth.png
shiny mimikyu.png
shiny oranguru.png
shiny raichu.png
shiny raticate.png
shiny turtonator.png
shiny wimpod.png
shiny yungoos.png
shiny zygarde 10.png
minior_shiny.png
shiny wishiwashi.png
shiny salandit.png

-some minor corrections on old sprites (either spotty AA, missed something minor, or color reduction/correction to accommodate shinies):
zygarde 10.png
alolan meowth.png
oranguru (1).png
wishiwashi.png

NEED HELP WITH PASSIMIAN because this mofo MIGHT have to break color limit because of the shiny :/ regular sprite already had to be creative with the greys and the blacks and the whites, and it STILL ended up being 14-15 colors. the shiny doubles it because some of the white parts become yellow and some become yellowish grey. some black parts become blue while other parts become yellowish grey as well. Layell not sure if it needs to break color limit. i spent a couple minutes trying to figure out a way to work around the colors but i couldn't think of anything. shiny Comfey has some iffy parts but i still got it in the color limit, but it's not as accurate anymore though

PS I didnt get to sprite Minior regular form and Oricorio yet today because I had to study for a big biostatistics exam tomorrow. the shinies were easy and Minior core forms were basically just a few minutes. so I cut my sprite time at that so I could finish studying...
then classes got cancelled cuz theres a supertyphoon tomorrow so lmao. i'll get them done tomorrow

also I just realized I forgot to delete the negative space in Minior's eye in the backsprite, so i'll update that tomorrow. sorry :(

Attachments

Last edited:
PS I didnt get to sprite Minior regular form and Oricorio yet today because I had to study for a big biostatistics exam tomorrow. the shinies were easy and Minior core forms were basically just a few minutes. so I cut my sprite time at that so I could finish studying...
then classes got cancelled cuz theres a supertyphoon tomorrow so lmao. i'll get them done tomorrow
I hope that you and Wobble stay safe. )': It appears that Manila is at least out of the typhoon's center, but my thoughts are with you both.

Also, there's no rush with the project, especially if you have a lot going on. We've managed to fill in the vast majority of the revealed mons so far; the ones that Layell posted are the only ones missing for now until the next reveal on the 27th. jmho but since we have only a singular reference for each of the leaked mons as well as no back references, there's no real impetus for us to sprite them yet unless we're done with everything else and feel like jumping the gun. You've done so much for the project already and keep outdoing yourself, even after the Silvally forms.

TONIGHT IS NOW
View attachment 71810
God this thing was fun to sprite. Face's orage uses a different shade from the orange used in the eyes to make it recolor-friendly, totals up to 15 shades +transparency if I counted right. You guys wouln't believe how hard it was to get the wings right.
I can't help but feel like it's a bit large and could benefit from a 5% size decrease, but the wings and shading on the exoskeleton look stunning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)