Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
i think that /alts should show all of your registered alts, and you should have a checkbox in the setting to choose who can see all alts. I know that drivers or golbal drivers can see your recent alts, but it would be cool to see all of your past alts, and if you dont want people seeing them, you can change that in settings

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Friends List.
They have never even gotten to adding friends yet...but I think a friend system would be cool.

i think that /alts should show all of your registered alts, and you should have a checkbox in the setting to choose who can see all alts. I know that drivers or golbal drivers can see your recent alts, but it would be cool to see all of your past alts, and if you dont want people seeing them, you can change that in settings
To add to that, I think a system so that when you are registered as a mod, etc, the status could go to them too.

I think it'd be great if we could get a temporary notification, similar to when it has just become your turn, for when the timer in a battle has gone down to something like 30 seconds. It's annoying when you're in a competitive battle scenario and you want to calculate a couple things or just go to a different tab for anything and you either have to constantly check back on the timer to not accidentally lose. If you got a temporary notification, you wouldn't have to worry about something as silly as that and I would hope that it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.
I think that an in-battle calc would be a better way to resolve that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I will presume with this, you mean that it won't show up, even by doing /whois, so I will

The main thing I see with this is that if you can choose who sees your alts, Globals would be able to see your pivate alts, yes, yet what about room auth? Room auth also deal with trollers and spammers, so if someone autobans a person, and you are unable to see alts, you could easily pretend to be not a person.

Now, I may have read your idea wrong, yet from what I got from the idea is just a way for spammers to spam easier.

I've always liked watching high level matches, but they're often difficult to find. One thing that would be nice is to be able to see the player ratings next to the player names in the "Watch a battle" screen. Also, being able to sort the battles by rating (i.e. sort by the higher-rated player in each battle) would allow spectators to conveniently find high-level matches.

I will presume with this, you mean that it won't show up, even by doing /whois, so I will

The main thing I see with this is that if you can choose who sees your alts, Globals would be able to see your pivate alts, yes, yet what about room auth? Room auth also deal with trollers and spammers, so if someone autobans a person, and you are unable to see alts, you could easily pretend to be not a person.

Now, I may have read your idea wrong, yet from what I got from the idea is just a way for spammers to spam easier.
I think what he means is:
if (!target && isRegistered) return alts(user)
or whatever the actual function would be.

I can foresee some security issues with this, however, and I'm not exactly sure why you'd need this? Surely you don't have so many registered alts you can't remember what they all are lol.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Not sure where to put this, but well, it's a tier suggestion so I guess it'd be here...

Just suggesting, why not making a tier of "Monotype doubles"? I think it'd be really great

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Not sure where to put this, but well, it's a tier suggestion so I guess it'd be here...

Just suggesting, why not making a tier of "Monotype doubles"? I think it'd be really great
you can just make a smogon doubles team, make it monotype, and go to the monotype room and ask for a battle, I know I have, it's pretty great. Maybe if this is implemented, it'd be a challenge only format, not a ladder.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
you can just make a smogon doubles team, make it monotype, and go to the monotype room and ask for a battle, I know I have, it's pretty great. Maybe if this is implemented, it'd be a challenge only format, not a ladder.
I don't tend to use a monotype in OU, and when I play in doubles is not the exception, I mean figthing against another monotypes in doubles, but I understand

Edit: Nevermind, I misread this lol, that'd fix the deal, but it'd be nice to have a ladder for that

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think a great addition to showdown would be the ability to both have a friends list and a search for player option in which you could find someone without having to be in the same room with them.

A color change for the names would be nice, but I guess it would be super low priority.
Colour changes won't ever be a thing to do freely as it could make auth impersonation much easier. Colours also make users recognisable - that certainly wouldn't be the case with people constantly changing their name colours.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Vacate I think color changes would be cool. Like, in my eyes it could be cool if my Gym Leader Brock Account could be grey instead of a strange yellow...

I've always liked watching high level matches, but they're often difficult to find. One thing that would be nice is to be able to see the player ratings next to the player names in the "Watch a battle" screen. Also, being able to sort the battles by rating (i.e. sort by the higher-rated player in each battle) would allow spectators to conveniently find high-level matches.
Can we get this to happen? Every time I want to view a match it's always some lower ladder match that isn't entertaining... Being able to see better players play would be nice.

What do you think of implementing folders? It would be very helpful to keep track of teams and would make everything much more organized. This is for teams, by the way. One other thing I'd like to suggest is the ability to ignore !. This is pretty silly and random, but you can ignore a lot of other things and idk, it sounds cool.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I'd also like to see Sticky Web Animations, and speaking of animations, when will most of the XY BW version sprites get animated? It's getting really irritating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)