Survivor Stupid Survivor: Season One FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL

My comments based on the write up:

To provide some context to why me & species voted off DLE/SSR.
  1. Species was telling his former tribe the entire time we were voting with them, and he didn't want to look like a liar.
  2. I just made this new friend Species, and I also didn't want to make him a liar.
  3. We had no idea that Rad was abstaining, we were told by Whydon that Marth/Rad parked a vote on me + species, which meant it was going to be 4-4-1.
  4. On the revote, DLE/SSR would go home anyways, 4 to 3.
  5. This meant that voting tbz & vigvig would accomplish nothing for us but make Species look like a liar.
  6. It was every bit in my intention to vote off tbz & vigvig, but given the situation, Species and myself decided that it made no sense because we thought we would lose the vote anyways.
More on this vote and why I was okay with it, DLE never mentioned to me that AJ was trying to swing votes onto Inferno. He only spoke about it to Inferno, which made me think he didn't trust me longterm.

Laurel stabs allies: 4 ? isn't true.. you even put in your write up that I wanted to keep Rad. I just forgot to vote, I was then forced to vote him out.

Laurel stabs allies: 5 ? What ? I voted for Bluedoom and Bluedoom voted for me. In the revote, it was unanimous for Inferno, I spoke to the people who I thought were potentially swing votes (Jalmont + Texas) but they both said they were voting off Inferno. Also as you said, Inferno was trying to blindside me this vote.

F10: The comment about F10 to me more solidifies that Cel deserved to win if Joe + Texas saw him as a power player.

F7: Wut, Cel and I had a pretty good relationship so I don't see how this was a "L" for him except that he lost Texas's vote -- but Texas left him out of the "vote on Whydon" so I'm just not so sure why Texas was so upset. I felt I had been working with Cel the whole game and would've been shocked had he voted me here.

F3: Going back to my comment on DLE/SSR, Whydon is the #1 reason this vote happened and he was constantly trying to play both sides. Me and Species both said that Whydon probably told Shmegg to fake AFK. I think Whydon had a lot more control and influence than he is given credit for. Ultimately, he did have a hand in everyone voted off on Haley, and obviously, I was never gonna target him so he was safe there as well.

---

Regarding blindsides, I'm sorry to Paperblade but as Daltz would say "at least now we're even" and I can move on from Season 10 when you ghosted me and voted me off over TBZ (who self voted) after I got you the last piece of your idol. The other person I feel really bad about blindsiding, who wasn't mentioned in the write up was Duskfall98 . Tommy took his trolling antics a bit to hard and while I was desperately trying to beat Texas in the forum/movie challenge, Tommy would throw in "Laurel if we lose I'm voting you off" and "google it" so I wasn't super bothered to save him from the Whydon/Cel/Species alliance. Regarding, DLE/SSR, I had to vote with my partner and this is what he preferred so I don't really think this can be called a blindside. I consider DLE a close friend and even though I didn't think he wanted to work with me long-term over say Rad/Marth, I wouldn't have ever voted him if I felt in control here.

Personally, this game places probably just above Season 11 for my favorite org I've ever played -- because of how happy I am with how I played. While the shield game has merit, I felt like among the big Smogon players, I would be on the outside and would have been eaten alive if I didn't create allies in people like Celever and Species. Very early on when talking to Inferno, we agreed on the mentality shoot or get shot re: AJ. I also very much appreciate the I guess, Laurel-centric, write up, I played hard and I'm glad you got to see it. My biggest regret this game has to be not voting Joe when I suspected there was a chance Ali had an idol -- I was sort of hoping someone else would after I commented on it and was scared something bad would happen if I switched my vote.

Thank you to Hal for hosting this game and poking me a few times to get me to sign up.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
i wasnt offended by being voted off by laurel even if i felt it counter-productive to laurel's game.

I can understand that the difference in reading "this dude is silent because he's idle" and "this dude is silent because he's not that set on working with me" isn't always intuitive; and I'd done nothing this game to win over species at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)