Straight Up Beasting (Semi Stall 5th gen)

Sup.. im bringing you a RMT. What that means is ima commentate,on a beastly team. This is my first real successful 5th gen team.I won dozens of battles with this team and i basically used this team to sort of scout the metagame. What that means is i'm looking for potential creative stuff to use to break up all the common stuff that people use.Alot of people just look for all the most attacking things and put them on one team. This makes stall one of the best options to use. But total stall is boring to use so we need some offensive stuff to mix in. Sand is the most offensive typing right now. So here is the team.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers (Ground)
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 255 HP / 64 Def / 188 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

• Earthquake

• Ice Fang

• Stealth Rock

• Slack Off
Summary: Hippo is a very important part of the team. It lays up rocks which take away a huge amount of health from some of the most prominent sweepers in b/w. Hippo also provides a ton of defensive backup against some tough threats like Dory and landlos (randourosu).And most importantly the option to set up alternate sand makes other weather teams struggle to get started.

Moves: Moves go back to the days of the beginning of 4th gen. ice fang is here instead of roar for many reasons. One of the reasons is that there is a ton of 4x weaknesses to ice.In b/w its very important to hit your target before they set up because almost everything can sweep when its counters are gone.

Ev's: Im looking for a mixed defensive spread. i want to take weak special attacks and every physical attack.

Item: Leftovers is pretty standard for every defensive hippowdon set.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell (Steel/Flying)
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 255 HP / 80 Atk / 172 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

• Brave Bird

• Spikes

• Roost

• Whirlwind
Summary: Skarmory is simply one of the best pokemon in the awful metagame right now.So many noobs want to spam choice banded outrages at will. A steel type is almost paramount for any b/w team right now. Setting up spikes and phasing out is what skarmory does best.

Moves: Spikes are an important part in any semi stall team. They cause severe damage for any opponent that touches them.Doing as much as 25% when all 3 layers are up. Brave bird allows me to hit roobushin. The battle between skarmory and roobushin almost ends in a draw but some times Randourosu can come in to pick it off if they mach punch.

Ev's:Im not looking for a special defensive spread because of the large amount of roobushin out there.

Item: Wobbuffet is still on the loose on most servers and magnezone is still at large so shed shell is still the best choice.Even though it would be better against roobushin i want to make sure it stays alive during other threats.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers (Normal)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 88 HP / 255 Def / 152 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

• Seismic Toss

• Ice Beam

• Toxic

• Softboiled
Summary: Blissey serves a great purpose to the team. it takes on non sub burungeru and wins.It stops all the butterfly dancing and calm minding sweeps from going on. It also deals with politoed and ninetail leads.

Moves: A basic blissey set with seismic toss giving out 100hp worth of damage. Ice beam is there to hit all the ground types for super effective damage. Toxic allows me to stall out entire teams that are not prepared for blissey.Softboiled gives me instant recovery.Wish + protect is a interesting option since wish gives back half of blissey's Hp to the other pokemon but i enjoy being able to hit stuff with ice beam when i need too. I will change it if anyone thinks i should.

Ev's: Max defense is standard on blissey. Some special defense ev's to help it sponge special hits better under weather.

Item: leftovers is standard on all blissey sets.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band (Steel /Bug)
Trait: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 255 Atk / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Superpower

• Bullet Punch

• Pursuit/Bug bite

• U-turn
Summary: Scizor is a very important part of the team. With all the spikes and stealth rocks flying around alot of the opponents pokemon will be at low health all the time.Therefore i use the legendary STAB technician choice band bullet punch. When i used scizor in a 4th gen semi stall team it was a bulky swords dance set. However, this time around raw power up front is way more important.

Moves:The first thing that stands out is that this is the same choice band set from 4th gen. I have been using bug bite accidentally but it has been working okay. U turn is the main scouting move. Landlos and Scizor have very good offensive synergy that it alone can dominate offensive minded teams.

ev's:I want to make scizor able to take apart teams so max attack is mandatory.A lot of hp ev's so that it can safely switch in in tricky situations.

Item: Choice band makes scizor attack skyrocket.Life orb is way too underwhelming along with its -10% deduction from my life.

Randorosu (M) @ Choice Scarf (Ground/ Flying)
Trait: Sand Power
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Earthquake

• Brick Break / fly

• Stone Edge

• U-turn
Summary: This thing is a straight up beast in and out of the sand.Its basically everything mamoswine wanted to be but lacked due to its asinine typing.If you want a scarfed pokemon this is the way to go. Earthquake just rips apart everything that does not resist it.In the sand if you dont have anything that isnt holding a bitch balloon or levitating then your ass is getting ohkoed or 2hkoed by STAB earthquake. Sand power or sand strength if you will is the selling point of the set. Powering up earthquake and stone edge to tremendous levels.

Moves: These are the best moves for an adamant scarf Randorosu. The one in the the analysis forum made by some dude has hammer arm which is complete trash.The idea of a scarf is to have speed not lose speed and risk accuracy for a 25 base power gain that won't have that much difference when you want to hit stuff like bronzong.The double u turn strategy with scizor is perfect for messing up the opponents team.

Ev's: Of course we want max power so adamant with 252 attack and speed give it all i need.

Item: Choice scarf to hit everything quick.

Doryuuzu (M) @ Life Orb (Steel/ Ground)
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

• Swords Dance

• X-Scissor

• Earthquake

• Rock Slide
Summary: This isn't a secret anymore. Its the most broken 5th gen pokemon outside of the cover legendaries. It isn't everyday that you find a pokemon that can sweep as consistent as this mole and have good typing as well.Swords dance quickly sends dory's attack to insane levels. With life orb alot of "walls" will see themselves get ohko'ed. The speed sand throw gives is basically a rock polish off rip.Im not going to say that this thing takes skill to use because it doesn't.Its the salamence of 4th gen. Just add water and stir.

Moves: The best set that it can run in my opinion. Earthquake is very nice stab move even without the swords dance boost. Rock slide is there for flying types. X-Scissor is there to hit latias and bronzong for some damage.

Ev's: Some bro made a speed tiers chart and jolly mole was at the top. What that means is it out-speeds everything in the game besides like a scarf electrode or some obscure ninjask..

Item: balloon. or bitch balloon is good option. But i want power out the gate for when i cant get that game breaking swords dance off.Chople berry will become popular most likely. As roo roo cant ko anymore and nothing can outspeed it to earthquake quick enough.

CONCLUSION: This is the team i used to scout the metagame. i will make a much less noobier team in the future.I will still use this team in the mean time so i would gladly take suggestions as im not that great at 5th gen yet.

Some Notable threats:
In the rain this thing is hard to beat. Blissey can't touch it. Nothing on my team can hit it hard enough in the rain to kill it.

Skarmory is tough too. I dont have any special attacks outside of the weak ice beam. All i can hope for is a few flinches from mole or some lucky whirl winds into scizor to superpower.

Anything else i can handle as long as they don't set up too much.I might make a threat list if i have the time but maybe not.

^^this

Anyway, Infernape/Blaziken can run through your team pretty easily. They can both take down the Skarmbliss combo and they can easily beat Scizor. Blaziken can kill Dory after a few turns, while Infernape can mach punch Dory. Only Randorosu and Hippowdon give them trouble, but sometimes they run Grass Knot to take down Hippowdon. You can solve this by changing Skarmbliss to Burunkeru+Nattorei, as they can typically stop them.

You mention that Manaphy is hard to beat, and I think in general Rain is hard for you to beat. I suggest adding in Tyranitar to have another weather inducer. In fact, Scarftar can replace Randorosu well, as both are powerful and quick.

It seems like you also need a special attacker. I suggest replacing Scizor with Lucario. Lucario gives you similar typing and strong priority with even better typing (extremespeed). It can run a stong mixed set that can take out Skarmory, or it can run a specs set if you want to keep it choiced (if you are running specs, I would include Vacuum Wave).

Hope I could help!

^^this

Anyway, Infernape/Blaziken can run through your team pretty easily. They can both take down the Skarmbliss combo and they can easily beat Scizor. Blaziken can kill Dory after a few turns, while Infernape can mach punch Dory. Only Randorosu and Hippowdon give them trouble, but sometimes they run Grass Knot to take down Hippowdon. You can solve this by changing Skarmbliss to Burunkeru+Nattorei, as they can typically stop them.

You mention that Manaphy is hard to beat, and I think in general Rain is hard for you to beat. I suggest adding in Tyranitar to have another weather inducer. In fact, Scarftar can replace Randorosu well, as both are powerful and quick.

It seems like you also need a special attacker. I suggest replacing Scizor with Lucario. Lucario gives you similar typing and strong priority with even better typing (extremespeed). It can run a stong mixed set that can take out Skarmory, or it can run a specs set if you want to keep it choiced (if you are running specs, I would include Vacuum Wave).

Hope I could help!
randouosu has both of those threats covered well.I even think dory outspeeds +2 blaziken since its not that fast in the first place.If im in a tight spot hippo can take both down. It will be rare that both of those threats are on the same team anyway.Lucario looks good but i would want something with alittle more attack. You see, scizors raw power helps me get though a ton of pokemon. So if i run a mixed set that attack power will be even lower and i cant get through stuff like latios and other Randouosu.

Side note: And if your agreeing with the post that got deleted about my creativity then you guys need to stop it,this isn't youtube Everyone cant use lead furret.I don't want to lose using sorry ass gimmicks. It isn't me.If your not then thanks for the rate i appreciate it.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I saw this and wanted to point something out. Too max out a stat you only need to use 252 EV's so you can use those other EV's in another stat. For example Doryuuzu should be 4HP/252Atk/252Spe instead of 255Atk/255Spe. That allows you to get 1 more hit point and still retain the same attack and speed.

I saw this and wanted to point something out. Too max out a stat you only need to use 252 EV's so you can use those other EV's in another stat. For example Doryuuzu should be 4HP/252Atk/252Spe instead of 255Atk/255Spe. That allows you to get 1 more hit point and still retain the same attack and speed.
yeah i know its just i was just too lazy to put the extra ev in there on pokemon online. thanks for your help though.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
what's stopping you from using Evolution Stone chansey over blissey? it is well more rounded in the defenses, can still pass monster wishes, and the only difference is that it can only use seismic toss as far as attacking options go. not too bad, considering blissey's satk isn't exactly steIIar...

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Honestly, Life Orb is overkill on Dory. He's got enough Attack that after a Swords Dance, anything that would survive his attacks probably won't be bothered by the extra 10% anyway. Unless you've got damage calcs that show otherwise, I'd suggest Balloon instead.

And Bad Ass, Blissey's Special Attack is still high enough to OHKO certain threats with Flamethrower and Ice Beam with enough EV investment (which isn't that much). Salamence, Flygon, Forretress, Scizor, etc... And Breloom doesn't like switching into either of those attacks either, while he laughs at the ST on the switch.

what's stopping you from using Evolution Stone chansey over blissey? it is well more rounded in the defenses, can still pass monster wishes, and the only difference is that it can only use seismic toss as far as attacking options go. not too bad, considering blissey's satk isn't exactly steIIar...
I guess chansey is okay.I will try it out when i get the time.I tried it out on another team and it was disappointing. With sandstorm up chansey will basically take just as much damage as blissey would.
Honestly, Life Orb is overkill on Dory. He's got enough Attack that after a Swords Dance, anything that would survive his attacks probably won't be bothered by the extra 10% anyway. Unless you've got damage calcs that show otherwise, I'd suggest Balloon instead.
life orb is an extra 30% boost if they didnt change it. Which is huge if i dont have a swords dance in. I will try out balloon and see where it goes.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not exactly a master rater, but I'll give it a go.
So my opinion on life orb on Doryuuzu is this: Doryuuzu really relies on getting to +2 to sweep a lot of stuff. If he doesn't get that +2, 1.3 doesn't get it through those thick walls. Resist berries/ballons help alot on keeping him alive. I'm sure it has it's merits, and it's really a minor detail. Something to consider on Doryuuzu is Brick Break. I've seen a lot of steels slap on a ballon to counter Doryuuzu, and Brick Break hits them all hard at the cost of hitting grasses. The last thing I have to add is this: if you're having that much trouble with opposing skarms, you could change yours to taunt set. You loose any offensive ability, but it can help alot against other walls like nattorie. It comes down to what gives you the most trouble.
In conclusion, it seems a solid team. Good luck!

I'm not exactly a master rater, but I'll give it a go.
So my opinion on life orb on Doryuuzu is this: Doryuuzu really relies on getting to +2 to sweep a lot of stuff. If he doesn't get that +2, 1.3 doesn't get it through those thick walls. Resist berries/ballons help alot on keeping him alive. I'm sure it has it's merits, and it's really a minor detail. Something to consider on Doryuuzu is Brick Break. I've seen a lot of steels slap on a ballon to counter Doryuuzu, and Brick Break hits them all hard at the cost of hitting grasses. The last thing I have to add is this: if you're having that much trouble with opposing skarms, you could change yours to taunt set. You loose any offensive ability, but it can help alot against other walls like nattorie. It comes down to what gives you the most trouble.
In conclusion, it seems a solid team. Good luck!
i like to switch it in to stuff like fortress and naitorri early game and hope to get that SD off. If they attack then my balloon is popped anyway.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Have you thought of combining the roles of Blissey and Hippowdon into Tyranitar? Skarmtar is extremely effective for more offensively oriented semi-stall team, it would free up a much needed team slot. Tyranitar is a special behemoth anyway! You could even throw on Fire Blast / Flamethrower to deal with Skarmory.

The you'll have some extra move slots for some special attackers. Honestly, I would give Rankurusu a look, being a powerful special attacker that can also stand up to the fighting types your team looks to have some issues with. Sure you have Landlos, but it's not the sturdiest flying type, and the fighting types in this game are many and super powerful.

Shaymin S is another potential option, aiding against both Fighting Types and against Manaphy.

Have you thought of combining the roles of Blissey and Hippowdon into Tyranitar? Skarmtar is extremely effective for more offensively oriented semi-stall team, it would free up a much needed team slot. Tyranitar is a special behemoth anyway! You could even throw on Fire Blast / Flamethrower to deal with Skarmory.

The you'll have some extra move slots for some special attackers. Honestly, I would give Rankurusu a look, being a powerful special attacker that can also stand up to the fighting types your team looks to have some issues with. Sure you have Landlos, but it's not the sturdiest flying type, and the fighting types in this game are many and super powerful.

Shaymin S is another potential option, aiding against both Fighting Types and against Manaphy.
one of the things that tyranitar struggled with in 4th gen and again in 5th gen is taking too many attacks and consistant recovery. The only way i feel like i can use this strategy is if i use curse tar. Then i can use a bulky offensive special attacker.Blissey takes about every special attack while tyranitar while taking them well does not have great recovery. Thanks for the rate.I will try it out and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)