:psywoke:
:changry:
STORM

Vibes
INTRODUCTION
Hi all welcome to my first RMT.

Please enjoy and leave any feedback for me to improve the content of this RMT. :)

I chose the song "Through Da Storm" by
Polo G because the team reminds me of a storm, it passes through quickly but punishes everything in its path and varies in its devastation.
peak crop.PNG

Teambuilding Process

:dragapult:
:melmetal:

I wanted to start my team with Dragapult because I have seen its amazing breaking power through replays and noticed the little ghost resists that exists in the tier. I chose to go with the specs route because the boots / physical sets are too passive. Next, I wanted a good partner for pult which led me to selecting melmetal. I realized melmetal and pult not only have great type synergy (Fire, fighting, fairy synergy) but also deal with each other checks. For example, spdef clef is one of the few pokemon able to stomach dragapults hits, so a max attack melmetal allows me to abuse that weakness.
:nidoking:

At this point in time I am looking for a rocker. 90% of teams would easily slap a landorus here and call it a day, but I wanted a more offensive presence leading me to Nidoking. Nido doesn't really have any phenomonal type synergies with these pokemon but it does allow me to stay on the offensive which is the main goal of the team. It also acts as my ground type for the team
:Dragapult:
:urshifu:

The next member is urshifu. I realized at this point having a defensive backbone to this team would be pointless because it is far too offensive. So what do I when volc gets a quiver dance or exca in sand is at +2? banded aqua jet. This thing hits insanely hard and can keep up all momentum and offensive presence with u turn while also acting as a revenger.
:volcarona:

At this point in time, defog is just out of the question. It would defeat the whole purpose of trying to stay ahead of my opponent in terms of keeping the upper hand. I want a wincon. I need a strong setup sweeper that can use these early game breakers to sweep late game. Volcarona sits here perfectly. Volcarona is 3a (psychic, fire blast, giga drain) to get past gastrodon, fini and pex, which are commonly used as its counters.
:hydreigon:

I noticed a lack of ghost resists on my own team. As I am searching through the dark type tab in the builder im thinking about multiple things. I need speed, I need a ground immunity, something able to keep momentum and I need this shadow ball switch in. Instead of using my head, i go with 3. Hydreigon was the missing link.

Individual Sets

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

When first entering the OU teambuilder, I immediately chose Dragapult as my starting off spot. As a National Dex player I never get the opportunity to play around with this absolute powerhouse. While I sifted through the teambuilder and VR chart I realized that the tier has very little ghost resists. The set I use is rather standard; with a modest nature to more consistently break the fat that the team relies on. One of my favorite things about pult is being able to use it defensively while also being strong. Its great ghost / dragon typing allows it to resist many popular hitters such as urshifu in turn increasing the longevity it desperately wants.

Melmetal @ Protective Pads
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

:Melmetal:
The set I use for melmetal is just the standard smogon set with a little bit more speed so I can outspeed hippowdons that try to speed creep melm. Melm is absoultely devastating in this tier. There is not one pokemon that melmetal cannot break. I chose pads because this set easily makes most the progress. Ignoring all helmet, static and burns while getting great damage off is invaluable for the team. I chose thunder-wave over toxic / protect because firstly I am pads instead of leftovers and also since it helps in breaking while giving the other teammates chances to setup. I.E. paralyzing a
:toxapex:
can allow banded
:urshifu-rapid-strike:
or QD
breaking it late game.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

:Nidoking:
I chose Nidoking in the 3rd slot to act as my typical off meta pick and stealth rock setter. The one thing I like about this pokemon is that its matchups well against most of the identical BO's I encountered on ladder such as lando fini clef koko stuff. I learned that Nido absolutely needs flamethrower to excel, but I went with ice beam so I can snipe defensive landos / garchomps instead. One of my favorite unique techs from nidoking is stopping T-Wave Clef, this mon is such a headache and nidoking is able to stomach anything from clef besides knock off.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

:Hydreigon:
Hydrei is another victim of 4MS. I originally had flamethrower > earth power when laddering with the team. I quickly realized that earth power was far more useful for hitting heatran in order to open up volcarona. The set and EVs isn't anything special, its max max with u-turn in order to keep up all momentum. Many players would not consider hydreigon viable in this tier. I agree that it has many problems and has a tough time breaking but it covers weakness on this team and works in this case.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Close Combat

:Urshifu:
Just like the other sets, its really just standard. The pads shifu set is really cool and I encounter it a lot on ladder, but on this team I wanted as much breaker power possible and be able to keep up that momentum with u-turn. For the 4th move I opted aqua jet so i can revenge setups sweepers such as volcarona / blacephalon like I mentioned earlier. Another option would be ice punch in order to dragonite because that thing is super threatening but that is just for very niche situations. And that one dragonite team everyone uses has clef anyways.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

The heart and soul of the team, volcarona. Many people question me why I have 3a Volc instead of roost and the answer is simple. The team is extremely offensive. I am not using volc as a defensive switch in or for some sort of longevity. Volc is here to clean up late game. Psychic is for toxapex and giga drain is for fini / gastro. Its really simple as that. Bug buzz is almost useless in this tier, other than for hitting tyranitar and garchomp. I found giga drain to be 10x more useful that bug buzz in most scenarios. In fact, I even considered using giga drain Volcarona in nat dex after running around with this beast.

In Game Thought Process
During every team preview, I try to spot my wincons and determine what is important for early game and late game. In pokemon, anything and everything is bait. I bring dragapult in on heatran just to shadow ball a few times and now my pult is dead? Thats great, because now volcarona can sweep after a quiver dance when you switch in with rocks. This is how I try to play my games, I spot what I need and can potentially win late game. Most games end up between 10-30 turns.

Problems
:Tornadus-therian:
AV Torn is easily the biggest threat against this team. Nothing can really pressure it except melmetal and that can easily be chipped into heat wave range. (I always lead melm against torn balance)
:Blissey:
This thing is actually tied with torn being the biggest bitch for the team. 4/6 mons are basically completely walled.
A well played toxapex can go a long way against this team.
:Dragonite:
This thing is super dangerous and unrevengable after 2 dragon dances.
:garchomp:
Along with dragonite, a +2 scale shot will almost certainly be an auto loss.
:tapu-koko:
Koko can be hard to revenge, and Nidoking is the only thing that can take hits. But nidoking is very easily chipped.
:excadrill:
anything fast and strong can do a lot of work against this team because of the lack of defensive core.

Replays
VS Torn Volcanion Balance
VS Urhsifu Pult Offense
VS Blissey Pex Balance
VS Garchomp Moltres HO
VS Torn Kart BO
VS "Stall"
VS Bliss Bro Balance

CLICK ME
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

Thanks everyone for reading my RMT! I really enjoyed spending my time through the trenches of which we call ladder. IMO OU is a very balanced tier and has room for vast creativity.
My favorite verse of the song- "Everybody go through something, it's all about perseverance
They was counting me out, I put passion in every lyric" - I love this line because it reminds that life is fair because its unfair for everyone, its about how you handle the negatives which makes you who you are.

First of all to starbitstorm for getting me into this tier
my gang <3 pannuracotta peap sanguine <333333
the family tree Clawed Winter Mamoo 2020 idm boomer kDCA
Axzel For reminding me when I lose it was because my opp is lucky and bad
ong For reminding me when I lose im lucky and bad and also a "1700 shitter"
ou gang ez
BIG T aka Milo because he is sorta cool

:changry::changry:

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The Melm is missing some EVs, 132 HP should patch it up. Sick team bro and always wanted to try Modest Pult, gotta use this on ladder soon

i lost to a turtonator team in the 1400s please put a tapu or literally any other fairy on this team otherwise i will report this rmt
I never experienced this problem
The Melm is missing some EVs, 132 HP should patch it up. Sick team bro and always wanted to try Modest Pult, gotta use this on ladder soon
Thanks for letting me know, I think I messed up the paste somehow :)

Really cool team. This has a lot of my favourites on it (Dragapult, Nidoking and Hydreigon) and I love the offensive nature of it. Can't find a problem with it other than maybe Blissey/Pex but you've already highlighted that and they are beatable. Looking forward to more teams! :]

STORM

Vibes
INTRODUCTION
Hi all welcome to my first RMT.

Please enjoy and leave any feedback for me to improve the content of this RMT. :)

I chose the song "Through Da Storm" by
Polo G because the team reminds me of a storm, it passes through quickly but punishes everything in its path and varies in its devastation.
View attachment 435106

Teambuilding Process

I wanted to start my team with Dragapult because I have seen its amazing breaking power through replays and noticed the little ghost resists that exists in the tier. I chose to go with the specs route because the boots / physical sets are too passive. Next, I wanted a good partner for pult which led me to selecting melmetal. I realized melmetal and pult not only have great type synergy (Fire, fighting, fairy synergy) but also deal with each other checks. For example, spdef clef is one of the few pokemon able to stomach dragapults hits, so a max attack melmetal allows me to abuse that weakness.

At this point in time I am looking for a rocker. 90% of teams would easily slap a landorus here and call it a day, but I wanted a more offensive presence leading me to Nidoking. Nido doesn't really have any phenomonal type synergies with these pokemon but it does allow me to stay on the offensive which is the main goal of the team. It also acts as my ground type for the team

The next member is urshifu. I realized at this point having a defensive backbone to this team would be pointless because it is far too offensive. So what do I when volc gets a quiver dance or exca in sand is at +2? banded aqua jet. This thing hits insanely hard and can keep up all momentum and offensive presence with u turn while also acting as a revenger.

At this point in time, defog is just out of the question. It would defeat the whole purpose of trying to stay ahead of my opponent in terms of keeping the upper hand. I want a wincon. I need a strong setup sweeper that can use these early game breakers to sweep late game. Volcarona sits here perfectly. Volcarona is 3a (psychic, fire blast, giga drain) to get past gastrodon, fini and pex, which are commonly used as its counters.
:hydreigon:

I noticed a lack of ghost resists on my own team. As I am searching through the dark type tab in the builder im thinking about multiple things. I need speed, I need a ground immunity, something able to keep momentum and I need this shadow ball switch in. Instead of using my head, i go with 3. Hydreigon was the missing link.

Individual Sets

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

When first entering the OU teambuilder, I immediately chose Dragapult as my starting off spot. As a National Dex player I never get the opportunity to play around with this absolute powerhouse. While I sifted through the teambuilder and VR chart I realized that the tier has very little ghost resists. The set I use is rather standard; with a modest nature to more consistently break the fat that the team relies on. One of my favorite things about pult is being able to use it defensively while also being strong. Its great ghost / dragon typing allows it to resist many popular hitters such as urshifu in turn increasing the longevity it desperately wants.

Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

:Melmetal:
The set I use for melmetal is just the standard smogon set with a little bit more speed so I can outspeed hippowdons that try to speed creep melm. Melm is absoultely devastating in this tier. There is not one pokemon that melmetal cannot break. I chose pads because this set easily makes most the progress. Ignoring all helmet, static and burns while getting great damage off is invaluable for the team. I chose thunder-wave over toxic / protect because firstly I am pads instead of leftovers and also since it helps in breaking while giving the other teammates chances to setup. I.E. paralyzing a
can allow banded
:urshifu-rapid-strike:
or QD
breaking it late game.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

:Nidoking:
I chose Nidoking in the 3rd slot to act as my typical off meta pick and stealth rock setter. The one thing I like about this pokemon is that its matchups well against most of the identical BO's I encountered on ladder such as lando fini clef koko stuff. I learned that Nido absolutely needs flamethrower to excel, but I went with ice beam so I can snipe defensive landos / garchomps instead. One of my favorite unique techs from nidoking is stopping T-Wave Clef, this mon is such a headache and nidoking is able to stomach anything from clef besides knock off.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

:Hydreigon:
Hydrei is another victim of 4MS. I originally had flamethrower > earth power when laddering with the team. I quickly realized that earth power was far more useful for hitting heatran in order to open up volcarona. The set and EVs isn't anything special, its max max with u-turn in order to keep up all momentum. Many players would not consider hydreigon viable in this tier. I agree that it has many problems and has a tough time breaking but it covers weakness on this team and works in this case.

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Close Combat

:Urshifu:
Just like the other sets, its really just standard. The pads shifu set is really cool and I encounter it a lot on ladder, but on this team I wanted as much breaker power possible and be able to keep up that momentum with u-turn. For the 4th move I opted aqua jet so i can revenge setups sweepers such as volcarona / blacephalon like I mentioned earlier. Another option would be ice punch in order to dragonite because that thing is super threatening but that is just for very niche situations. And that one dragonite team everyone uses has clef anyways.

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

The heart and soul of the team, volcarona. Many people question me why I have 3a Volc instead of roost and the answer is simple. The team is extremely offensive. I am not using volc as a defensive switch in or for some sort of longevity. Volc is here to clean up late game. Psychic is for toxapex and giga drain is for fini / gastro. Its really simple as that. Bug buzz is almost useless in this tier, other than for hitting tyranitar and garchomp. I found giga drain to be 10x more useful that bug buzz in most scenarios. In fact, I even considered using giga drain Volcarona in nat dex after running around with this beast.

In Game Thought Process
During every team preview, I try to spot my wincons and determine what is important for early game and late game. In pokemon, anything and everything is bait. I bring dragapult in on heatran just to shadow ball a few times and now my pult is dead? Thats great, because now volcarona can sweep after a quiver dance when you switch in with rocks. This is how I try to play my games, I spot what I need and can potentially win late game. Most games end up between 10-30 turns.

Problems
:Tornadus-therian:
AV Torn is easily the biggest threat against this team. Nothing can really pressure it except melmetal and that can easily be chipped into heat wave range. (I always lead melm against torn balance)
:Blissey:
This thing is actually tied with torn being the biggest bitch for the team. 4/6 mons are basically completely walled.
A well played toxapex can go a long way against this team.
:Dragonite:
This thing is super dangerous and unrevengable after 2 dragon dances.
:garchomp:
Along with dragonite, a +2 scale shot will almost certainly be an auto loss.
:tapu-koko:
Koko can be hard to revenge, and Nidoking is the only thing that can take hits. But nidoking is very easily chipped.
:excadrill:
anything fast and strong can do a lot of work against this team because of the lack of defensive core.

Replays
VS Torn Volcanion Balance
VS Urhsifu Pult Offense
VS Blissey Pex Balance
VS Garchomp Moltres HO
VS Torn Kart BO
VS "Stall"
VS Bliss Bro Balance

CLICK ME
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

Thanks everyone for reading my RMT! I really enjoyed spending my time through the trenches of which we call ladder. IMO OU is a very balanced tier and has room for vast creativity.
My favorite verse of the song- "Everybody go through something, it's all about perseverance
They was counting me out, I put passion in every lyric" - I love this line because it reminds that life is fair because its unfair for everyone, its about how you handle the negatives which makes you who you are.

First of all to starbitstorm for getting me into this tier
my gang <3 pannuracotta peap sanguine <333333
the family tree Clawed Winter Mamoo 2020 idm boomer kDCA
Axzel For reminding me when I lose it was because my opp is lucky and bad
ong For reminding me when I lose im lucky and bad and also a "1700 shitter"
ou gang ez
BIG T aka Milo because he is sorta cool

:changry::changry:
The shoutouts had me dead :skull: good job on 2100s my boy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)