Status quo - OU

Heya everyone :)!
While I'm waiting and ordering my 6th gen games and a 3DS of my own I've been roaming around Showdown Pokebank OU tier for a while now.
I've managed to come with rather an original team who works out pretty fine.
Basic sets nothing too special about 'em, they just have good synergy.

7/11: Had a Few great battles with this team! It actually works pretty well

1~ Blaziken! Finally! NOT UBERS (for now).
Favorite Pokemon, favorite mega, you're in!

2~ I've got 2 options here...I need something to cripple/slow down my rival's Poke'mon while giving me an advantage. Clearly I am looking for someone who can set up entry hazards... and I've come down to 2 Pokemon who I feel can take on the role: Smeargle and Kleky.
Smeargle is great, and might take a spot in the near future but I decided to go with Klefky as for now

3~ Ok, so Klefky sets up 2 layers of spikes usually which give me a good advantage !
I need a Spin-blocker with a niche.
I've seen Trevenant around but I've had bad experience with it...still I'mma give it a try! besides, he can take on most bulky water types such as Azumaril and Gyarados.

4~ OK, GOODRA, HE'S GOOD, ASSAULT VEST, NOTHING MORE TO BE SAID

HE'S GOOD!

5~ Physical tank! Good'old Toxic Orb Gliscor! Take 'em hits and f*** them up.

6~ A good special sweeper seems to be Reuniclus at this point.
for several reasons: first, he's pretty bulky! which is great in mid/late games when my rival's Pokemon are mostly worn out.
second of all he can set up pretty easly thanks to that bulk and has a great escape in recovery for tight situations.
Psychic and Shadowball are great coverage this generation so far, and can hit those Aegislashes nicely and even take down Lucario and Blaziken which now roam the fields like maniacs.
True, Focus blast might be a good replacement for Shadowball but I think that my Mega Blaziken takes on the role of the "Fighting move" better with his Hi-Jump Kick.

THE TEAM !

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Spikes

This guy is the NEW Sableye/Whimsicott-A-HOLE of this generation!
With access to 'Thunder wave' AND 'Spikes' AND 'Foul play' + 'Swagger' he makes for a great lead or a mid game 'Spikes' setup.
He also cripples down rival Pokemon with 'Thunder wave' which is GREAT, giving me easier sweeps with Blaziken later on.
His EVs are spread so that he can take a hit and he's pretty standard all around.
He might be replaced with Smeargle later on
7/11: I've been using him for a while now and he serves a HUGE threat when used correctly.
Pokemon who set up on him (Like Dragonite, Gyarados or Volcarona) get shut down by the -Prankster Priority- 'Thunder Wave' and make them a standing target for a revenge counter to come.
Mid game usage of 'Spikes' makes a HUGE difference in a battle.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SDef / 80 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

AT FIRST, I had trouble using this guy and I let him go, but since I'm a POKEMON MASTER I decided that no Pokemon is too weird for me to use and gave him another run.
Using him again only taught me that every Pokemon has potential.
THIS one isn't a common SubSeeder, he ain't fast and you don't resort to Sub so quickly.
'Harvest' is an amazing ability, and with the EV Spread I use he can take a hit! (+1 Dragonclaw from a Salamance and he lived with like 22-25% HP)
He goes low enough to trigger the berry and harvest works A LOT even though it's only 50%
'Will-o-wisp' does the trick on this one! making him NOT ONLY able to take hits but also HELP OUT all around against threats like Aegislash/Scizor/Lucario or mostly all of the common physical sweepers in the game.
'Leech seed' and 'Horn leech' together with Harvest...he's a bulk alright. #SPINBLOCKER

7/11: Nothing much to add here, the first description I used pretty much says it all.
I'm really glad I kept this guy around.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Brave Bird
- Protect

I LOVE BLAZIKEN!
My first 3rd gen Pokemon and still my favorite starter AND Pokemon in the game (Followed by Umberon and Milotic and some others)
HE'S A BEAST and he's finally usable in OU! THANK YOU 6th GEN!
The build is pretty self explanatory.
He's strong, fast, and MEGA AWESOME.
Just sweep in, although, you have to be careful because he ain't UBER for a reason, he's countered pretty easily this gen.

7/11 : I want to repeat the last line I used in the first description:
"You have to be careful because he ain't UBER for a reason, he's countered pretty easily this gen"
And I was right predicting that.
Blaziken is still as amazing as he was, it's the meta game that has changed.
It's a BIT harder to sweep with him, he doesn't feel AS strong.
You need a good team support for this one to sweep swiftly.
Still, Blaziken makes for a great Mega-evolution Physical Sweeper.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

A GREAT pokemon, Same moveset and EV spread I used in 5th gen.
He's EV speard and natural bulk helps him set up 1 calm mind EASILY.
and after just 1 he's a force to be reckoned with.
I love this guy, sweeps easily most of the time in this generation.

7/11: This build is a BEAST, 1-2 'Calm mind' (which you set up PRETTY easily, all you need is a good switch in) and he's READY.
Klefky supporting with 'Thunder wave' makes him even more threatening.
I don't have anything bad to say about him, he fills his role perfectly.

Especially since people keeps sending Poison or Burn at him, which is takes with a HUGE baby smile.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Toxic

Great physical tank with great typing! Toxic heal helps him sustain and his ability to use recover helps even more.
U-turn to keep momentum when blocking hits and Earthquake to knock off some damage.
It can take hits like a BOSS, only gotta be scared of those 1hko 'Ice beams' that even Goldeen can pull.

7/11:
I dun seem to use U-turn on him very much, I only had it to have something to do against those flying types since he does lack coverage but I figured I can always retreat to different Pokemon if needed.
This Sword Dance instead of U-turn makes him WAY more viable since all of his EV investments are in Defense and Hit points.
It takes ONE sword dance for him to be able to kill a Pokemon or two.
So far? I love Gliscor and he's a MAJOR part of this team.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

EATING IT UP! ICEBEAM!? WHAT'S AN ICEBEAM!? ALL I SEE IS 12% HP!
MOONBLAST?! HA!! I LAUGH AT FAIRIES !
SLUDGE WAVE/DRACO TO UR FACE.
My new favorite Dragon Pokemon and for a good reason, he's AMAZING!
AWESOME
BEASTLY
TAKES A HIT LIKE NOTHING.
Best special tank in the game, PERIOD.

7/11: Goodra is truly one of the greatest Pokemon that they have made.
He's a beast, taking 'Ice beam' like it's nothing.
Assault vest also makes him a great sweeper.
Just a great Dragon.

I've been winning like 3 out of 4 battles every time ! this team is AMAZING!
The main strategy with this team is to predict well enough to know WHAT to switch into.
I had several battles where all I needed to send was a single Pokemon, Klefky for instance, and I kept sending the wrong ones getting 'em killed.
Also, I've got 3 Pokemon with status inducing moves which are GREAT when used correctly on the correct Pokemon. (Will-o-wisp or Thunder wave against a Dragonite? it's Situational)
So far this team is amazing, it has AMAZING synergy.
Only concern is Trevenant's EV spread, Gliscor's move set and Klefky's move set as well.

This team has taken me so far from 1300 rating to 15XX or so.
Would appreciate any supportive comment or suggestions !

Importable
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Spikes

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Toxic

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SDef / 80 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Brave Bird
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)