Data State of the Game: 02/20/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Psst...

This change applies retroactively, will devolve any Pokemon who has not reached the correct EC level, and players may reapportion all of their KO Counters and Ref Tokens put into EC if they wish. Use the Prize Claiming Thread to make these changes. They will also recover any Move Counters they used on moves the basic form of their evolved Pokemon cannot learn.
Say goodbye to Grumpig for the time being.

So that means something like shuckle or touros is 10 points now? there goes some of my plans.

edit: unown is 8 rarity points then... I think that should be thought through along with delibird, etc.

And Luvdisk is 6...

It's never come up yet but I feel like Sleep Talk might need to be changed later on. As it stands if a trainer uses Sleep Talk the Ref will either have to "randomly" select themselves (we aren't random, that's why we're linked to an RNG) or number every single attack they have and use whichever the RNG lands on. I have three ideas on how it could work differently

1. Let the trainer choose. Make the Energy cost equal to their move plus Sleep Talk (6). It'll be almost a hinderance to use consecutive turns (10 + attack, 14 + attack, etc). The only real problem with this Sleep Talk + Status Recovery move unless we want less sleep which is always a distinct possibility.

2. Randomly select from three moves used last round. A whole lot simpler than a big huge random selection.

3. Randomly select from last three unique options. Makes sure they don't have only one or two choices to be "randomly" picked. The odds make them work like a CroPokemon even if they don't initiate their own rest.

I don't know if this is best mentioned here or in the Data Audit, but...

The Damage Calculator mentions Weight-Based / Full-Body attacks. Could you mention which attacks are and aren't in the Audit just as a reminder?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this is best mentioned here or in the Data Audit, but...

The Damage Calculator mentions Weight-Based / Full-Body attacks. Could you mention which attacks are and aren't in the Audit just as a reminder?
There aren't that many weight-based ones.

And they are listed in the "Weight Scale of Damage" tab on the same document.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Q - For those who have already obtained evolutions under the old rules, what happens now?

Edit: I'm objecting to the devolution of my Grumpig. It isn't needed, and if it would have taken 6 EC's I'd have made several KO counters into move counters etc. Will I be able to reallot the entire set of KO counters?
Yes. if you wish to reallot your KO Counters and can reach the evolution threshold, simply exchange them and remove the moves you obtained through KO counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)