Stantler (Choice Band)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
lucky number 25
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/stantler

[SET]
name: Deer of Choice
move 1: Return
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Zen Headbutt
move 4: Sucker Punch / Hypnosis
item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly / Adamant
ability: Intimidate
evs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With Choice Band, max Attack, and a Jolly nature, Stantler hits an astonishing 433 Attack. Return is Stantler's most powerful attack, due to a base power of 102 and STAB. Earthquake quickly disposes of Probopass, Aggron, and Bastiodon, as well as other Rock and Steel-types. Zen Headbutt is Stantler's best option against standard Weezing, dealing 40-47% with a Jolly nature. With an Adamant nature, Stantler has a 66% chance to 2HKO Weezing when factoring in Stealth Rock and Leftovers. Sucker Punch OHKOes Froslass and Rotom and may allow Stantler to finish off a faster, weakened opponent. Hypnosis is better suited to use with Choice Scarf, allowing Stantler to put the opponent to sleep before it can attack; however, its 60% accuracy is not exactly reliable.</p>

<p>Max Attack is always recommended on offensive sets. With 216 Spe EVs, Stantler achieves a bonus point and outspeeds positive natured Pokemon with base 80 Speed. The remaining 40 EVs are placed into Defense, allowing Stantler to survive Adamant Life Orb Hitmontop Mach Punch 100% of the time after Intimidate, even when Stealth Rock is in play. A Jolly nature is recommended with the Choice Band set, but Adamant should be used with Choice Scarf, if only for the small boost in power. When using Choice Scarf, simply use 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe, allowing Stantler to outspeed everything with base 130 Speed and lower.</p>

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
evs: 40 Def / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
EVs are out of order, unless you meant 40 HP? (Not that this matters much, just pointing it out)

Only thing I saw. Great edit as always Stellar.

1) Isn't Me First a viable option on the Scarf set? It's always good to throw Outrage back at Altaria or add STAB on your Earthquake to finish off Steelix.

2) Isn't Intimidate going to be the preferred option? I've never seen much use of Frisk. Also, is the Hitmontop's Mach Punch comment with Intimidate factored in?

Rest of it looks pretty cool =)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't really see Me First as a reliable option.

Yes, Intimidate should be the preferred option, I knew I was forgetting something in the sentence about Hitmontop.

Thanks.

I remember battling you testing this set, and the mixed Flareon set IIRC.

Only a very small minor nitpick, but you say "OHKO a faster weakened opponant" I fell the phrase "finish off" will fit better in there as OHKO usually corresponds to "from full health" whereas in this case it doesn't it reffers to a small amount of damage. Very minor though lol. Nice write up.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
I agree with you there. Yeah, my UU team sorta just consists of a bunch of testing subjects. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)