Project SS ZU TEAMBUILDING LAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

kprf

Banned deucer.
hello !! just found this thread lol looks cool

could i get a team of a "double" - either double band, double specs, double offensive typing, etc. very interested to see results, surprise me :)

henlo :>

i’d like to request a team built around :sandslash-alola: and :rotom:. i would like the squad to be a balanced offense team, as aloslash and fantom are both decent offensive threats with utility as well. this is mainly due to their immunities and resistances being quite plentiful. with boltbeam coverage in mind, they can do a lot of the breaking/cleaning with the support of bulky support mons such as uxie and tangela.
note: ice shard and knock off aren’t compatible :(

Sandslash-Alola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off / Ice Shard
- Iron Head / Earthquake

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off / Ice Shard
- Iron Head
- Earthquake / Ice Shard

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Defog / Pain Split

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry / Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Hey so sorry for the wait but the teams done!

:Rhydon: :Sandslash-Alola: :Thwackey: :Qwilfish: :Rotom: :Cramorant:
https://pokepast.es/18de99e0c1cb4a71

So the general idea of the team is using Thwacky to bait in the grass resist which all get hard abused CB Slash-a with Rotom there to be an offensive pivot to keep the pressure up with the added benefit of scarf wisp being an amazing Silvally-ground answer. The teams extremely straight forward with the only real thing to be actively playing around being Thwacky setting terrain for your Qwilfish which makes it a lot better against stuff like opposing Slash-a and Sawk

beauts expect your team tomorrow too!

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
my old request got quashed due to a shift so heres to hoping that this one sticks

i'd like to kindly and humbly request a team built around :alcremie: and :silvally:-ground please. in my opinion, they are two of the most potent mons in the tier currently, if not the most, and i think it would be cool to have them working side-by-side to possibly overwhelm the opponent. :silvally: would ideally be its standard sd set, but i dont really have a preference for :alcremie:. it could be double dance, cm 2 atks with recover, mono-attacking with recover + aroma, and so on and so forth; dealer's choice. i think spikes could be cool for helping secure kos and keeping pressure up, but theyre not necessary.

thanks builders, and keep up the great work!

I would like to request an offensive team built around Poisonvally:silvally: and Flapple:flapple:. The former's mixed set is starting to gain more traction, but I think the latter is a pretty underrated threat right now. I think they synergize pretty well and I've taken a couple of cracks at it using Work Up Poisonvally and Choice Band Flapple, but I can't really seem to fill out the rest of the team very well. I'd prefer if those were the sets used, but I mainly want to get an idea of where I was going wrong and beggars can't be choosers, so I'll leave their sets up to the builder.

Requesting a team built with this liepard set. Liepard seems like a really cool mon and I always having trouble when facing it thanks to it pivoting around me, copycat shenanigans and a great speed tier of base 106. I have no teammate preference or team structure. I just want a super solid team without massive weaknesses so I cant blame my losses on my bad team building skills. Also where is my first team I request smh (Jk ho3n pm’d it to me)

Liepard @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot / Play rough
- Copycat

Requesting a team built with this liepard set. Liepard seems like a really cool mon and I always having trouble when facing it thanks to it pivoting around me, copycat shenanigans and a great speed tier of base 106. I have no teammate preference or team structure. I just want a super solid team without massive weaknesses so I cant blame my losses on my bad team building skills. Also where is my first team I request smh (Jk ho3n pm’d it to me)

Liepard @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot / Play rough
- Copycat
:rhydon: :liepard: :sawk: :rotom: :rapidash: :jynx:
https://pokepast.es/1ce5187d3eba01d8

Hey so the lab teams finished! I've had this build in my head for awhile so most of the time spent was testing and I love this team. The general idea is Liepard is amazing at knocking the eviolite off stuff like Tangela and luring in Cremie with Gunk shot which nicely opens the way for CB sawk to kinda just go in and kill absolutely everything. When people look at this team they'll generally assume its scarf Sawk and play around it only to realize its CB and their Jellicent got 2hko by knock off. Jynx is kinda an unorthodox scarfer but its pretty deadly in its own right and acts as the teams primary water resist so it comes in handy very very often because of how often it'll catch people off guard given we're bluffing 2 other potential scarfers. The team relies a lot on Rapidash for its compression and how you use it generally decides if you're going to win or not as its also the teams primary win condition so just be careful about playing too loose with it.

The Team I would Like to have built is a hyper offense team built around the the volt turn combo of :rotom-frost: and :Persian-Alola: . I like the offensive pressure these two keep on the other team and I love how :Rotom-Frost: can lure :Silvally: (ground) and wreck him with blizzard. I hope this was enough information! Thanks for the help!

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Can I request for an Arctovish team? I think it would be best on hail, to cover up its speed issue. Set can be w/e , proly anything but scarf :p
[Is the lab open btw? It says both open and closed in the announcements, but I'm submitting coz the open message is the last one, ples lmk if it's not open, sorry in advance :( ]
hey sorry for the long delay! there have been a few hail teams made already, like kay's team here from when the drops first came out, so i decided to do something a little different. i find that trying to make arctovish faster than it actually is with scarf ends up with kinda disappointing damage which is why scarf arctovish never really took off, so instead i decided to try and take advantage of arctovish's natural bulk by giving it a classic mixed set with toxic spikes support. here's the team: https://pokepast.es/c1ec14020573ae02 i got reqs with it btw 28-2
the vish set is simple; sub on fat waters like qwilfish, wishiwashi, and non-shade jellicent, and prepare to smack the tier around with your STAB moves.
tspikes from cofag lets you abuse a lot of fatter teams and you can still break through teams with the standard ID/press stuff. it's also a solid blanket check to physical attackers like sawk, groundvally, rhydon etc. and also being pretty handy in the sun matchup by luring and OHKOing shiftry. rhydon and rapidash make up the defensive core while also giving you pretty reasonable counterplay to stored power alcremie, with toxic on dash also giving you a way to emergency check np uxie, as well as shade jellicent if you can't get tspikes up. rotom does what rotom always does; checks silvally-ground, checks perrserker, spreads willo burns to give arctovish more sub opportunities (e.g. vs ferroseed) and defogs when it needs to. apersian is the last slot and speed control, another groundvally check because this team can't afford tangela and switcheroo can be clutch on occasion.

Hey, I'm fairly new to ZU so I was looking for sample teams since I don't fully understand the tier yet and then I saw people requesting teams based on pokemon so I figured I may as well ask. One set in ZU I really like is this Jellicent set below, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make a team around that Jellicent and a Lurantis Contrary set since I like that pokemon, and seems like it would be fun. Sorry if this formatting isn't correct, I've never posted on Smogon before.

Also, how do you make the little pokemon sprites show in a message?

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Hey, I'm fairly new to ZU so I was looking for sample teams since I don't fully understand the tier yet and then I saw people requesting teams based on pokemon so I figured I may as well ask. One set in ZU I really like is this Jellicent set below, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make a team around that Jellicent and a Lurantis Contrary set since I like that pokemon, and seems like it would be fun. Sorry if this formatting isn't correct, I've never posted on Smogon before.

Also, how do you make the little pokemon sprites show in a message?

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
We’ll get on this real quick. In response to the question about the sprites, it’s made using ::Jellicent:: the two :: on each side and the name of the Pokémon in the middle

so zu has cramorant and who doesnt like him. because i love that pokemon (and its not bad) i want to request a team with cramorant +pilloswine.
cramorant is great and all but the 4x weakness to electric is not great. i know there are other better ground types but pilloswine is just fun (and also on the vr) so why not.
im kinda hoping and expecting the team turns out as a bo or balance team.

Time to revive this thread. Requesting a team built around Appletun. I saw kay nommed it up on the VR to B+ or higher and it peaked my interest. I don't mind what set it is, sub, specs or even eject pack, but you called it a budget Drampa so I assume you think specs the wave. Ive got no preference for partners however I would like the team structure to be bulky offensive is possible. Thanks in advance!

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
requesting a team built around SD Qwilfish. it seems like an interesting offensive mixup with decent enough defensive utility to boot :o

id personally prefer a bulky offense team around sd qwil, but anything else is fine too. ty in advance!!

Time to revive this thread. Requesting a team built around Appletun. I saw kay nommed it up on the VR to B+ or higher and it peaked my interest. I don't mind what set it is, sub, specs or even eject pack, but you called it a budget Drampa so I assume you think specs the wave. Ive got no preference for partners however I would like the team structure to be bulky offensive is possible. Thanks in advance!
Gladly. I'll start working on it

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
requesting a team built around SD Qwilfish. it seems like an interesting offensive mixup with decent enough defensive utility to boot :o

id personally prefer a bulky offense team around sd qwil, but anything else is fine too. ty in advance!!
:qwilfish: :tangela: :sandslash-alola: :stunfisk: :miltank: :rotom:

SD Qwilly is a fun mon to build around. The idea of the defensive core is to just hang around long enough till you can sack something to bring Qwilly in. Then you setup and clean. That's actually not to hard given the core is built to have its shortcomings be supplemented by Qwilfish's natural resistances and coverage, so sweeping with Poison Jab + Aqua Jet is totally plausible. Just spread Knock Off, Toxic, keep Stealth Rocks up, and you're in a good spot. Choice Scarf Rotom is tagged there at the end cause its good and the team needed an offensive pivot + its immunities. I've also considered Articuno over Alolan Sandslash but 2 Knock Off users is always better than one ya know. Have fun. Pog.
Rando ladder replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1438479964
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1438476701

First time posting here :) I would like a hazard stacking team. I prefer some BO (or stall ofc, you already know why) around spike+rocks (TSpikes is not necessary but welcome too). Idc the Pokémon but I suppose something with qwil/a-slash around.

If anyone wanna build the team and wanna do it with me, I will be glad to help it ^^

1635043736029.png
1635043748479.png
1635043757190.png
1635043765428.png
1635043775732.png
1635043786327.png

Appletun @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Apple Acid
- Dragon Pulse

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 156 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Wishiwashi @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Alcremie (F) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest

Teams done! I tried building it more bulky offense and it ended up just coming back over and over looking like the team I made for zupl (enjoy the freebee) so I ultimately went more balance with it using a very standard high momentum core of Hex Rotom + Wishi to maximize Appletuns strengths as a wall breaker which will force your opponent into using their steels as 1 time Draco switch ins which opens the door for Alcremie to win or just keep playing a sack race game. Rhydon ends up being a natural choice here for its ability to wall stuff like Kanga, Skunk, and net a much needed Volt immunity. Scarf Sawk ends up just being the scarf cleaner of choice because its really good at cleaning up against sack forced teams.

There is a massive problem with Vally-poison which can be alleviated with CM Musharna over Alcremie but in testing I found while that match up does get much better, it also just ends up being a lot worse in general that I didn't find it good enough to make the cut. But if you run into a lot of Vally-poison its definitely something to look at! Just a tip for the match up tho as-is, Sitrus Rotom is really good at buying time against it and Sawk can punish it for ever wanting to click Work Up and is able to take a few hits from it so just play aggressively against it and you'll have room to out play

Hello, I would like to request a team built around :ditto:

Ditto has always intrigued me, but it’s hard to fit and I’ve never figured out how to build around it. With that in mind, I don’t want to place too many constraints on the builder with this request. I do prefer bulky offense and VoltTurn teams, but I would be happy with any effective team featuring Ditto.

Thank you in advance!

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
hello! i'd like a team built around non-hail Arctovish :>

:ss/arctovish:
Arctovish @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Fishous Rend
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Crash

it seems rly good, but i'm not sure how to build a team around it, because it has such unique attributes

I would like to request a team surrounding funny Psychic Cat.

Pref in this set (dont ask why I just like the speed and that it hits hard.)

Meowstic (Meowstic-F) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

1637660735588.png

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
hello! i'd like a team built around non-hail Arctovish :>

:ss/arctovish:
Arctovish @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Fishous Rend
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Crash

it seems rly good, but i'm not sure how to build a team around it, because it has such unique attributes
man.

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
I would like to request a team surrounding funny Psychic Cat.

Pref in this set (dont ask why I just like the speed and that it hits hard.)

Meowstic (Meowstic-F) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

View attachment 387215
i know that i'm not part of the teambuilding council, and i know this is a very late response, but here's a meowstic team i made!
Meowstic VoltTurn Offense :meowstic-f::sawk::basculin::silvally::persian-alola::clefairy: features Meowstic (with Competitive to deter Defog users), which boasts passable coverage and a solid Speed tier. To get past pesky Dark-types, Sawk provides immense firepower alongside Basculin's Speed control with Choice Scarf. Silvally-Poison is an offensive Defog user that can pivot around, as well as threatening the Fairy and Grass-types that the team may struggle against without. Alolan Persian can soak up physical attacks, and maintains great utility moves such as Taunt and Parting Shot. Lastly, Clefairy sets up hazards, tanks the Fighting-type coverage that Alolan Persian dislikes, and lets in a threat with Teleport.

i know that i'm not part of the teambuilding council, and i know this is a very late response, but here's a meowstic team i made!
Meowstic VoltTurn Offense :meowstic-f::sawk::basculin::silvally::persian-alola::clefairy: features Meowstic (with Competitive to deter Defog users), which boasts passable coverage and a solid Speed tier. To get past pesky Dark-types, Sawk provides immense firepower alongside Basculin's Speed control with Choice Scarf. Silvally-Poison is an offensive Defog user that can pivot around, as well as threatening the Fairy and Grass-types that the team may struggle against without. Alolan Persian can soak up physical attacks, and maintains great utility moves such as Taunt and Parting Shot. Lastly, Clefairy sets up hazards, tanks the Fighting-type coverage that Alolan Persian dislikes, and lets in a threat with Teleport.

Hell yeah this is great! thans Hiss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)