Resource SS ZU Team Dump

:manectric: :palpitoad: :vespiquen: :musharna: :gourgeist: :pawniard:
https://pokepast.es/2dae6ab54aafa0fe

I've been using this team I hastily built to deal with a lot of the various archetype spam on the ladder, and I think it turned out to be quite the consistent antimeta threat. I started by building with Scarf Manectric in mind, but eventually just came to try and check most of the meta. Try it out yourself if you'd like! I'll include a more in-depth breakdown of the team as well.

:ss/manectric:
Shock Collar (Manectric) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Switcheroo
- Volt Switch

Manectric was the first member I wanted on the team, specifically the Choice Scarf Set. I wanted to challenge myself to build with it, as it's one of the fastest and strongest scarfers in the meta, but has obvious drawbacks. Overheat is an alright move in the second slot, but I've found myself wishing in a few matches that I brought Flamethrower. Regardless, Mane is a pretty good lead against a lot of teams in the meta. Switcheroo is great against the Grounds in the meta, considering all of them but Stunfisk (who has been weirdly uncommon) really do not want to be choice-locked. Manectric also notably outspeeds Adamant Drednaw in the rain, which is primarily why I'm running it over Pikachu as a fast electric speed control option. Mane is so helpful in the matchups versus Rain and E-Terrain.

:ss/palpitoad:
Palpidab (Palpitoad) @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Palpitoad is my other big rain check on the team, and it just so happens to also deal with other threats on Rain. Having a backup check to Drednaw is great, as is being able to shut down both Boltund and Manectric on E-Terrain teams. Emolga can be somewhat threatening, but you can scout it out with the other members of the team. Aside from that, Palp does what Palp did in the PikaStonKlang meta by being a good blanket check, spreading status, and setting up rocks. Palp's a great stop to the Electrics that Mane doesn't always want to switch in and check, which makes it a good partner.

:ss/vespiquen:
Royal Honey (Vespiquen) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Attack Order

Vepsiquen is a member I've not always been impressed with on the team, but I think it's fine for what I need it to be. Vespiquen helps to deal with the Gorse matchup, particularly on Grassy Terrain. Vespiquen is kind of my blanket check to Falinks, Gony, and Bugvally in one slot, so long as they lack the coverage to cover it. It's also important that Vespi brings hazard removal, which has felt tough to run in the recent meta. Attack Order is STAB primarily to hit Gorse the hardest without switching out, though I've considered Acrobatics over it a few times just for the matchup against Falinks, Bugvally, and Gourg/Trev. Probably one of the weaker links of the team, but it's here for what I need: bulky removal.

:ss/gourgeist-large:
Squash Squad (Gourgeist-Large)
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak

What's any good balance team without a Gourg? Gourg's presence on the team is to blanket check a ton of the meta, particularly Grassy Terrain teams. Itemless shuts down Trev, opposing Gourg, and Leafeon. Bouffalant often think it's very funny to switch in, so I have Foul Play on the set to punish it for doing so. That said, Toxic may not be a bad idea over Leech Seed. Gourg's also really great at dealing with the Electrics of the meta that Palpitoad struggles with a bit, like Grass Knot Raichu, Pikachu, and Electabuzz. This Gourg isn't great at checking Falinks seeing as it lacks Colbur, but I have another member on the team who can cover for it. Shadow Sneak is really helpful for some last second priority against a bunch of the really dumb fast stuff in the meta that tries to get away with sweeps. Mandatory Ghost vs Dumbwool.

:ss/musharna:
Melody (Musharna) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Mushy is Gourg's partner, and covers what I can't get Gourg to check. Falinks can be really threatening to the team if Vespi is down or it has Rock Slide, so Colbur Mushy stands in the way. Mush is also one of my two wincons, works well with Pawniard in this regard, and helps check other Pawniards. Bouffalant and Falinks can sometimes slip through and try to run away with a game, so Mushy is a great emergency check against them if they neglect the rarer Megahorn. Mushy's lower usage in the first half of November was somewhat disrespectful, so this is meant to be a bit of redemption. I've chosen to run Psychic on the set for hitting Falinks as hard as possible immediately, but Psyshock is a perfectly fine alternative for winning CM wars.

:ss/pawniard:
Piece Keeper (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

After using this team, Pawniard actually ended up being my favorite member. Originally just sort of slapped on as a Psychic check as well as more offensive wincon, Pawniard turned out to be one of the best countermeasures for ladder archetypes and cheese. Webs teams are basically forced to use Falinks to deal with it, and you can really screw over a ton of setup mons with Knock or Sucker Punch. Mawile and Luxray being everywhere on ladder only helps Pawn's case even more. So many people disrespect Pawniard in games, especially on ladder, so capitalize on that while you can. Pawniard's also great against Grassy Terrain teams that are running Rock Slide, taking the pressure off Gourg to carry the team through the matchup. At that, I think Pawniard's best matchup is actually against rain. Meowstic gives you a free Swords Dance every single time, and Wigglytuff almost never runs Fire Blast / Flamethrower, which has the same story. You basically get to tear Rain apart if you get a free SD, which you almost always do versus its best setters. The team is kind of weak to Golduck as well, so Pawniard's priority is much appreciated.
Enjoy a fitting song too :3

:Crustle: :Pincurchin::Manectric::Lilligant: :Musharna: :Cursola:
https://pokepast.es/6f4c4d15bab925bd

Team I used in order to get reqs for the zula gxe and elo challenges and then peaked ladder with. I originally built the team in 2 mins and then Czim edited it to make it not suck. Basically you just lead with Crustle, set up hazards, set up terrain and then win by either spamming Rising Voltage with Specs Manetric or by setting up with one of your 3 seed abusers. Sub toxic Lilligant is a cool tech and helps vs mons such as Bouffalant and Shedinja. Cursola is also an accidental but surprisingly good spinblocker and works wonders vs Mr.Rime allthough struggles a bit vs Armaldo but still gets the job done.

toto to the top.PNG

well I have lost interest in trying to strive to become a top player and now just wanna make good teams, enjoy them and share em with others who might need em. So, I will now be sharing some of my teams that showed the best results.

1) Crash Course to 1400s
https://pokepast.es/bd5b32e6a52e3e8f
:Charjabug: :Drednaw: :Glaceon: :Bouffalant: :Gourgeist: :Manectric:
The sole purpose of this team was to ladder to 1492 (a challenge of ZULA) and to do that as quickly as possible. I also reached till 1422 iirc and that too without losing a single match(lost the 1st one at 1422). Well, I think the bouff set might be kinda wack but I didn't really feel like switching it ever. If u want, u can use life orb and sapsipper on it.
Now for the working, charja is for one the support for glaceon and bouffalant's speed and for two a phy wall u can reliably switch in to or for even sacking it can be used. Manecric is a speed control + rain answer + a nice trick user for set up sweepers or stall mons like clops and musharna. Sp Gourg is now really good I think since the speed is now great and np+lo hits real hard. also answers pawn and bouff. Glaceon/buff/drednaw are basically the hard hitters u are gonna use to sweep.​

2) Unexpected Destruction
https://pokepast.es/66ea0a4916a12499
:Boltund: :Crustle: :Duosion: :Raboot: :Lapras: :Lilligant:
This team utilises the advantage of two things no one expects but are really great! First is the heal bell on lilliant. The most standard approach to beat lilligant are A)switching into bouff and B)toxic/paralysis stalling, that are answered by heal bell. Second is the no item, acrobatics raboot. This is a set that needs to be paid attention to. It has serious sweeping potential especially because switching into flying and fighting types can give u a serious advantage in many battles. As for duosion, there are a few changes u could do, like going max def or max spd or using musharna in place for it that does similar job. Musharna's set would be max hp max def bold nature kee berry cm/stored power/moonlight/heal bell. Then boltud is for speed control and coverage. Everyone in the team is infact basically to break the opponent team unless crustle is ready to sweep everything after a shell smash. Rock blast is solely for mirror and sturdy or sash or sub using mons (also for those lvl1 magnemites and arons one seldom stumbles upon on ladder). Tbh the lapras set was changed to pure offensive very very recently. Earlier it was max spd perish trapper, which also works well. Instead u could use also the rest talk variant of lapras as it is just a filler for type synergy and stuff.
3) All Out Menace
https://pokepast.es/33780ad7788c7422
:Stunfisk: :Bouffalant: :Heatmor: :Lilligant: :Musharna: :Crustle:
Theres not really much to say about this team. Just keep destroying and wrecking stuff with heavy hits of banded bouff, max spa musharna and setup liligant. Other stuff are coverage/type synergy/fillers.​

4) Balanced Offense Risin_Style
https://pokepast.es/53b5b9a166df8488
:Type Null: :Mawile: :Pikachu: :Raboot: :Musharna: :Manectric:
Type null set here is a lot different than conventional ones and is also called being rivalled by bouff, but the extra bulk of it and the results are insane. Tbh even max atk adamant type null works great on this team. I have tried both variants on it and I cant really decide which one to continue with and so I just moved to make a new team XD. Other mons in the team bar pika and mawvile are already discussed in prev teams and even pika and mawvile sets are self explanatory. Tbh ice punch on mawvile is just filler and most ground types are faster than it. Hence, u can also use thunder punch(for mareanie) / Knock off(for more breaking power) / Iron head(a good stab). This team is not to support a mon to sweep but each and every mon here works individually. Raboot and mawvile are setup sweepers that generally leave the ground only after dying once they are switched in. Pika is as always a revenge killer that keeps switching in and out while manectric is a speed control.​

5) Testing in Progress #New Drops Edition
https://pokepast.es/d5061e39f4851225
:Lickilicky: :Pinsir: :Falinks: :Wartortle: :Beheeyem: :Leafeon:
Obviously this is a very very new team and even I haven't tested it all that much, but from what I tested, this team is really nice. Not the best out of the ones I sent above, but def very good. Lickilicky is a bulky sp wall with stall powers and wish support for team, while leafeon is a phy wall with heal bell support and type synergy. Wartortle is one of the best spinners and a great utility mon. Falinks is out there just to sweep after the team mates make it possible. Beheeyem is a hit and run mon that no one wants to switch into. One of the main ideas is to use beheeyem and licki as a mini team. Beheeyem cant recover with specs, so u heal it up with wish support.​

Last edited:
Aight I am back with some new teams. Honestly I don't quite like this meta. Initially it was so damn tough and irritating, I was even gonna take a break from ZU, but yeah finally got a hang of it and made some teams that functioned impressively.

1) Surprise Factor (Bulky offense ig?)
https://pokepast.es/5643c12836c54b17
:stunfisk: :Whirlipede: :Golduck: :Emolga: :Mr. Mime-Galar: :Stunky:
This weird looking team is the first team that worked for me in this new try hard meta. Its greatest asset is its high level surprise factors like role compression stunky, specs emolga and scarf golduck. Hence, it is only a so-so team being able to work only once or twice against the same person.
Stunfisk and whirlipede do the job of hazard stacking, Mr mime and stunky are the removers. Specs emolga is your heavy hitter and golduck is speed control. This team normally struggles in front of special walls, hence its important to ise the hazards and np of mime properly as those are the only options to beat those special walls.

2) HO risin_style
https://pokepast.es/45678e75fe711551
:Marowak: :Pikachu: :Golduck: :Gourgeist: :Glaceon: :Type null:
Extremely easy to pilot and self explanatory team. Marowak is the setter and answers cursola that might want to set rocks against it. Pikachu as usual is a revenge killer. Golduck is speed control. Gourgeist is the setup sweeper. Glaceon is your immediate powerhouse that forces to sac mons or sometimes even allows force switching allowing u to double switch. Type null is a wall as well as set up sweeper to be used for sweeping after ghost types are erased.

3) CHAMP of the Time
https://pokepast.es/cc71f168aa6b6d5d (Balanced team)
:Avalugg: :Ninetales: :Lickilicky: :Gourgeist: :Mareanie: :Armaldo:
This is I think by far the best team I have made in this meta. Except for ig some 1 or 2 ultra haxy matches, it has had a flawless streak. Also, the gourg here was phy gourg earlier, but it missed 90% of the times resulting in its quick death without doing any damage, so I have switched it now to my more liked special set. Fire blast can be switched to focus blast if wanted. Anyways so, avalugg is supposed to be use din end game or mid game with its trap set qualities. Lickilicky as always is a special wall that breaks stuff with its wish-protect, toxic and knock. Mareanie and armaldo'sroles are self explanatory too. Ninetales and gourgeist are the speed control and main hitters bar armaldo, who too functions as many stuff aka physical wall+sr+spinner+heavy hitter.

YAY!! NEW META FUN META!!!

RISIN_MASTERPIECE
https://pokepast.es/d5c2380cdaa0339a
:Lurantis: :Ninetales: :Sableye: :Mawile: :Palpitoad: :Emolga:

I have had tremendous success with this team already. I am loving it.
Also I am weak at competitive terminologies, hence idk what category team it is. So pls do tell me that someone.
Sableye is the biggest help in this team, as it deals with a lot of threats with its prankster will-o-wisp, encore, recover. Also, since it is a dark type, it is immune to opposing prankster moves, which is a help against those kinda troublesome mons.
Ninetales does what it always does.
Emolga is utility and works very well somehow.
Palpitoad over politoed for defensive powers, rocks and additional rock coverage.
Mawile is just another set up sweeper that leaves the ground only after dying. BTW I only now realised that sheer force cancels the recoil from life orb so yeh I like it!
Lurantis is a sp wall while also a mixed setup sweeper.

Last edited:
With the new meta hype I would like to post the first Eterrain team of the new meta
Drifblim and Combusken eterrain offense
https://pokepast.es/dc5388b82c4cad06
:Drifblim: :Pincurchin: :Combusken: :Rapidash-galar: :Emolga: :Politoed:
The team has had success as it beats the common Sableye balance teams that have come from the new shift
Drifblim is the main Sweeper of the team, With cm and Unburden electric seed it becomes extremely powerful and bulky with ssap helping its bulk and granting it recovery.Sball is there for Stab and Eterrain tbolt is a strong coverage.
Pincurchins main role is setting up the eterrain for drifblim and setting up the toxic spikes Rising voltage and venoshock do alot of DMG combined with eterrain Poison and lo and surf is helpful coverage against stunfisk and other grounds.
Combusken is the main physical sweeper of the team with being able to get +1 speed and +2 attack in 1 turn with swords dance alongside speed boost Flare blitz and Brick break are for Stab and Thunderpunch is essential coverage for waters.
Galarian-rapidashs main role is to check opposing Combusken while Countering Sableye. The special set is run to prevent it from getting crippled by will o wisps from Sableye and late game it can also sweep..
Emolga is arguably the 2nd most important Pokémon on this team, It is the main Pikachu check of the team and the team's hazard control, Volt switch is great for pivoting and Knock is always great.
Politoed is The teams special wall who's main use is as a switch in to Specs Regice ice beam which the team struggles to switch into Toxic can cripple regice and Sableye,scald is for Stab and ice beam and Earth power are for coverage.

BY HITMONSTARS AND RISIN_GLORY

Last edited:
Hey all! Guess what's fun? Teambuilding in a new meta with new cores!
And guess what's even more fun?? Collaberative teambuilding with friends!
Yes you got it right! We (risin_glory and Hitmonstars) are back with our new collab-team edition...!!
RISIN-HITMON'S ORIGINAL:
REGI-LICKI BULKY OFFENSE

https://pokepast.es/30ad8f194ced5c2f
:Regice: :Lickilicky: :Rapidash galar: :Mareanie: :Marowak: :Sableye:

As the name suggests, the main core is regice and lickilicky, with regice being the main sweeper supported by wish of licki and healing wish of rapidash-galar.
Rapidash-g is scarfed so as to outspeed +1 falinks(guaranteed OHKO after rocks and 19% chance to ohko without rocks) and to outspeed +2 combusken and ohko it.
Marowak has speed evs to outspeed the most common hazard setters.
Mareanie is a physical wall with main job of type synergy.
Sableye is here for balance and type synergy. Sableye isn't spd since the team already has huge sp walls in regice and licki, but had only mareanie as a physical wall.
Licki has Body press over toxic since mareanie covers for it with tspikes. We also didn't take seismic toss since now ZU has a lot of big HP mons so not too effective. Body slam was skipped for Body press so as to cover for pawniard, against which this team struggles a bit. Also licki has a sufficiently nice def stat even without investment.

Regice has tbolt for waters that try to stop ice types. ground/water types take neutral from ice beam so that sovered. fblast covers rock and steel types. ancient power covers fire types and if lucky it will be awesome setup.
G-rapidash has mystical fire for mawile and gourgeist.
Marowak doesn't have fire punch because it 2hkos shiinotic and leafeon with fire punch(same as strone edge), gourgeist takes more from knock off then from fire punch, ivysaur/gloom/roselia take equal from bonemerang and fire punch. Besides no one in their perfect senses switches in liligant or lurantis on marowak.
Sableye has willo-encore-foulplay to beat phy setup sweepers or any any setup sweeper or stall mon easily.

Last edited:
Heya Hitmonstars here!
With everyone trying out new mons iv decided to try to use one of the most underated new mons: Cradily :Cradily:
Dual Fossil FWG Balance
https://pokepast.es/98a1b5ade9d20805
:Golduck: :ninetales: :cradily: :armaldo: :Glaceon: :Sableye:
This team revolves around having fast offensive mons with Tanky utility mons as switch ins.
Golduck is the team's speed control with choice scarf hydro pump is stab, psychic and ice beam is coverage and flip turn helps with momentum.
Ninetales is the team's sweeper. Lo allows us to use flamethrower for consistency and np is obvious for buffing. Energy ball is coverage for grounds and waters and Scorching sands is for other fires.
Cradily rounds up the fwg core. Rock slide is used over stone edge for consistency and makes up for the damage diffrence. From my testing earthquake is alot more important than grass stab. Being able to hit pinchcurchin,Pikachu and Combusken for super effective damage is very important.The combination of leech seed and toxic provide good healing and insane damage over time.
Armaldo is both the team's rocker and the team's spinner.Knock is always great and stone edge is Stab
Sableye is Awesome.Great utility good bulk and good longevity the team is pretty frail to physical attacks so Sableye will o wisp helps aton.
Glaceon is the Nuke of the team Water pulse is for Fire types and pawniard,Shadow ball is for ghosts and psychics and Ice beam and freeze dry is Stab with freeze dry having added benefit of hitting waters.

Last edited:
Following the one day one post, I am back..!
And well nice snipe hitty. Anyways, as u can see I and hitmon both ended up making independent teams of cradily.

https://pokepast.es/2bb20f5d8dfd6df2
:Cradily: :Pyukumuku: :Pawniard: :Marowak: :Heatmor: :rapidash galar:

cradily and pyukumuku are the stall unit of this team, with pyuku being the trap toxicater, and cradily being the super bulky utility+toxicater.
Pyuku and cradily sets are self explanatory, pawniard set is the regular standard set. Marowak has sd over sr since cradily has it covered, also why its not adamant(sd that is). heatmor over ninetales since instant power, damaging recovery and priority. Rapidash galar is speed control and hwsih support is nice. Pawniard is also a nice answer to sableye.
Overall not much to say about this team. Its just a standard sets, easy to pilot idk what category team. Also since it has both HO/Stall, it can answer a wider array of teams with greater ease and is therefore a nice start for newcomers as well.

Also since I am kinda brain dead today couldn't think much, but hopefully better and more teams tomorrow. Until then, stay tuned!

Yo time for the last team dump of mine for this meta. And yes, this time its mass team dump because tempotodile angry reacts my solo team posts :'(

1) Old is Gold
https://pokepast.es/7c2b005411e6dfc3
:Charjabug: :Whiscash: :Lunatone: :Stoutland: :Gourgeist: :Raichu:

Whoever says webs and charjabug are bad now, is def wrong. On a side note, charjabug is the best answer for falinks (unless its rock slide for which I haven't calced).
The team is very simple and made with type synergy. Also, stoutland is now common in my teams cuz I have recently started to feel that stoutland is way more superior than bouffalant (ateast for me). With banded scrappy façade and retaliate its a great revenge killer.
Raichu is scarf and with those particular evs even on webs because of the balloon, the drifblim. If u are confident enough to fight the ballon without scarf chu, u can have specs or nasty plot over one of grass knot and surf.
Lunatone is purely for type synergy and also that +2 with rp outspeeds modest drifblim (yeh once again the balloon).
Whiscash can go with specs but for one too many choice items in the team and for two, I don't like to choice whiscash when it has such nice coverage.
BTW it wasn't my intention to add only old mons but somehow it automatically ended up like this. Othewise I had planned to name it Happy ChristmaWebs or something lol.

2) Busken Entrprise
https://pokepast.es/1e767f23bb421693
:Combusken: :Sableye: :Lapras: :Stoutland: :Ninetales: :Hakamo-o:

As the name suggests, this team is made around combusken the FriedChickenWings, with the standard phy set. Btw +2 tpunch does around 80-90% to max hp max def eviolite mareanie, while mareanie 2hko's busken with scald and usually carries haze, so be careful and play accordingly.
Sableye was for pressuring offensive teams and stallmons alike while also giving type synergy.
I don't remember why I had lapras over politoed, but there definitely was a reason...probably to answer specs glaceon or something that fdoes only 25% or so with freeze dry. Though it does add fighting weakness so IF u want, u can change it to sp bulky politoed (makes team weak to specs glaceon).
Stoutland and ninetales are self explanatory.
Hakamo-o yes don't kill me. This thing provides great tpe synergy to this team while also acts as a physical wall and dtail is handy to throw the setup sweepers here and there.

3) IDK WHY AND HOW THIS WORKS BUT IT DOES
https://pokepast.es/b2a04ded4fbcdd2f
:Falinks: :Seaking: :Klang: :Drifblim: :Armaldo: :Ninetales:

The reason to build this team was to try out the under rated av seaking and to test the life orb FI falinks and the best thing I could think of for it was bulky offense with pivoting klang and seaking (lowkey hitmonstars said klang is nice this meta and I wanted to check that. Well yes he was right). Drifblim and ninetales(the super splashable mon) are there for pue offensve role while armaldo is there for spinning rocking offense. And while I prefer rock blast, in this team I used stone edge for lack of immediate offensive power.
Falinks I think works better with this set I believe than NR (then again most proper meta stuff doesn't work for me like bouffalant/roselia/etc. rip).
So yeah falinks is the priority as well as revenge killer of this team.

4) Raboot-Golduck HO
https://pokepast.es/1fdc6e855404ff26
:Raboot: :Golduck: :Marowak: :Lycanroc midnight: :Lilligant: :Manectric:

So this team's original version was my secret santa team. However bigbtboy told me that the original team struggles somewhat against pure stall teams so I upgraded it with new tools and sets so that it worked like earlier for other teams while also managed stall. Though sadly shifts happened and so I didn't update the team there in the secret post and just made a new one. That being said, this team still works just as good as before.
Raboot, lycanroc and golduck have the sets of all raboots, lycanrcs and golducks I have added in pevious teams and have the same role. Actually the same applies for marowak. Manectric also a standard set and self explanatory.
Encore lilligant was to beat stall like encore the block or haze or rest or protect, stuff like that.
Overll an easy to use and pilot team.

5) Sand Attack
https://pokepast.es/4ad8f0ef5867bdab
:Hippopotas: :Stoutland: :Silvally rock: :Pinsir: :Dugtrio: :Cradily:

Yeh sand started becoming a little famous again and so even I decided to try my hands at it.
Just a simple regular hippo-stout core with rock vally and cradil being benefitters of sand due to spd boost and pinsir being there for various type coverages.
Hippo has smooth rock over evio because I thought 3-4 turns might be a little too less and well I didn't get too bad a result because of it. I am still to test the standard and adviced evilite set for this team though. Also cradily is special because of lack of special attackers and surprisingly deals decent damamge even without investment.
Dugtrio could have used lo+ sand force for insane offensive power but I remembered the reason why it isn't used much, i.e., it being really frail hence dying easily to priority and scarfers, so I decided to go gimmick with evasion power. Special thanks to apa for suggesting substitute to improve duggy's evasion gimmick and its effectiveness.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Meteor Beam Cradily:
:cradily: :sableye: :mareanie: :mr. rime: :stunfisk-galar: :combusken:

Meteor Beam Cradily has fun niche as a bulky attacker that a lot of offensive mons can't deal with thanks to its natural bulk. It's also fast enough to scare away Mawhile and Avalugg, as well as for Spiritomb so that Poltergeist fails after Meteor Beam, and bulky enough to soft check Ninetales. The 4 mon defensive core pretty much handles everything defensively, as well as covers hazards with a spinblocker, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, and Stealth Rock. Cobusken is the last mon and meant to clean + disrupt with SubToxic. Keep Toxic Spikes up and Combusken has no issue sweeping, but also keep it healthy enough so that it can soft check Liligant if need be. The team has excellent recovery options to keep everything healthy and around for the end-game, but watch out for multiple Knock Off attempts. Funnily enough, Scraggy of all things can be an issue, especially if Haze Mareanie is out of the picture.

Electric Terrain HO:
:krokorok: :crustle: :lilligant: :pincurchin: :falinks: :drifblim:

A kinda cheesy offense, Electric Terrain has a lot of merits supporting different sweepers. The suicide lead of choice here is Krokorok, partially because its typing doesn't conflict with Crustle, and partially because its got a good speed tier and great utility with Knock Off + Taunt. Liligent isn't Electric Seed but rather Life Orb and Nature Power, letting it be a killer wallbreaker maybe first and foremost, with sweeping more of an after thought / backup plan. Calm Mind Drifblim's only coverage is Shadow Ball, but it's got Destiney Bond and Strength Sap to annoy Normal types; I opted for Destiney Bond instead of actual coverage because it's really helpful to have a mon faster than Choice Scarf Manectric that can deal with opposing sweepers. Falinks, Crustle, and Pincurchin are pretty standard for these types of offenses, but feel free to mess around with the coverage / EVs for these mons if you think the team could target a couple different threats.

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Triple Fighters
:toxicroak: :gallade: :scrafty: :rhydon: :haunter: :exeggutor-alola:

so i decided to post this one not only because its the best team ive built so far for this meta, but also because it was originally a meme idea where i tried to include all 3 of the broken fighters in one build. special croak is really good, scarf gallade is maybe the best speed control in the tier atm, and ddance scrafty often sweeps if given the chance to set up. i then added a rocker and a turt counter in spdef rhydon, haunter to help with cofagrigus, and eggy to kill something whenever it comes in. the main reason im posting this is that even though im bad and this team has triple fighting types i can still win games vs mid ladder consistently (10-0 last night) and good players sometimes, which i think speaks to the overwhelming power of them.

Yoohoo ZU! I am back with the team dump spam and this time I will be sharing the 3 teams I have made recently.

1) G-Terrain
https://pokepast.es/afabc1f7fbdac3cb
:ss/Thwackey: :ss/Thievul: :ss/Gourgeist: :ss/Magmortar: :ss/Swoobat: :ss/Clawitzer:

Just a standard gterrain team, looks like most of em. Thwackey is the obvious setter, gourg super is gslide abusing powerhouse, Thievul and swoobat are gseed abusers with simple and unburden, while clawitzer and magmotar are there for type synergy(clawitzer also abuses terrain pulse).
Overall apretty straight forward easy to pilot team, probably the best for beginners to slowly understand the meta while also enjoying it.

2) Balanced Offense
https://pokepast.es/5898161b6b5c08a5
:ss/Electivire: :ss/perrserker: :ss/rotom: :ss/Persian alola: :ss/Garbodor: :ss/ludicolo:

Double scarfer in rotomm and eviremight look controversial but works well and I like it, tho if wanted evire can be made banded or lo.
Electivire has darkest lariat, because ignoring def buffs can come in handy and anyways the final slot doesn't matter much on it.
Perrserker is really strong as with proper read it can destroy opponents. Fake out+iron head kills croagunk, while playrough has a chance to ohko and play rough also ohkos the most prominent figitng type, gallade. Even scrafty is covered there.
Rotom is well ig just a revenge killer that's cool and awesome. Utilises toxic of alola Persian and tspike sof garbodor with hex too.
Garbodor is rally strong and comes in handy a lot.
Persian alola acts as a strong stal braer andset up stopper.
Ludicolo is inspired from self setter golduck and works really well.

3) 1st ball Home run!
https://pokepast.es/dd57446295819051
:ss/Cramorant: :ss/Cinccino: :ss/Vikavolt: :ss/Ferroseed: :ss/Rapidash: :ss/Hitmonchan:

My best team this meta, laddered to 1415 elo with this, then started testing new teams.
This is the first team I madein this meta, and quite frankly without seeing the drops (I haven't seen them completely even now kek).
Toto told me to use cramogoat and then I wanted to test cinccino, which works the best with life orb+ webs so I added vikavolt with it, and then ferroseed entered for type synergy+hazards. hen I wanted fire immunity and remembered that one of my fav fire types rapidash is now zu so I added it, then my forever fav hitmonchan came in as a bulky sweeping spinner(yes thats right this boy sweeps).

Theres double removal on team cuz 1) it nice 2) I didnt know what to use on cramo lmao.

Cinccino uses triple axel over u turn cuz u turn doesn't seem good enough to skip t axel imo.

Vikavolt can run roost or toxic or twave, but I prefer energy ball cuz why not. Aso it has charjabug spread cuz it serves the same role in this team and its base spa is big enough to deal considerable damage.

Rapidash would so like to have morning sun, but due to cramorant its forced to run wild charge compulsorily. But anyways, that speed tier and atk stat on webs, paired with sd buff an near perfect coverage is oowoooww.

Hitmonchan has the same set it used successfully on my few months back nu team and since zu rn is pretty similar to nu of that time, I decided to test it out here, and yes it worked amazingly.

Last edited:
Spikes and Switches
:tangela: :audino: :pyukumuku: :coalossal: :cofagrigus: :pawniard:
I’ve been in a bit of a team-building funk recently, so I got back to the basics and did what I do best: build stall. This unit is a bit of a twist on classical forms of stall because it's reliant on Spikes instead of Toxic Spikes to wear down opposing teams.

Tangela, specially defensive Audino, and specially defensive Pyukumuku form a pretty nice core, especially now that Toxicroak is gone. Tangela handles all the fighting types that Audino despises, Audino can handle the special attackers that plague Tangela (in addition to curing status), and they both really benefit from Regenerator. Unaware is another great ability that allows Pyukumuku to handle threatening special attackers who want to boost on the former two. The combination of Taunt and Mirror Coat allows it to answer sweepers who want to prop up substitutes on the pacifist Audino.

The name of the game is to use Coalossal to stack Spikes and attrition your opponents who will often have to switch as a result of being hard-countered by one of the aforementioned three. Coalossal enjoys the Wish-passing of Audino and can fire off hazards and attrition opposing spinblockers if you play your cards right. Since Coalossal's main role is to lay down Spikes, it can support Audino by receiving suspected Trick/Switcheroo attempts and still do its job.

Cofagrigus is your spinblocker and is a nice lure for Dark-types that can be caught off guard by Body Press. It also provides a Fighting immunity and synergizes fairly well with Pawniard, who uses Defiant to punish defoggers, although it needs to beware Cramorant and less-passive hazard removers. Pawniard is generally your wincon, as +2 STAB Sucker Punch can wreak havoc on teams that have gone through a carousel of spikes, but Cofagrigus can also sweep if opposing Ghost-types have been removed.

I've included some replays if you want a better look at how the team works in practice.

Replays

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Yo! Balance has been a really fun and successful playstyle in the current meta to me. I think the diversity of defensive corse, wallbreakers, Choice Scarf users, and setup sweepers explain why. More over, many Pokemon are able to pull off multiple roles in a single set, which helps with patching holes in teams. Here's three I've been laddering / playing tour games with:

Vanilluxe VoltTurn Balance
:vanilluxe: :rhydon: :garbodor: :wishiwashi: :persian-alola: :silvally: (Ghost)

Vanilluxe is a cool stallbreaker with how strong Blizzard and Freeze Dry hits, and Taunt + Protect has some merit that glues the set together. I often use it as a lead because its a great way to get it in safely to spam Blizzard or Protect to scout sets. Wishi + Garbodor are a good defensive core, with some offensive mons in Rhydon and Silvally-Ghost that also gel together defensively. Those two are able to apply a lot of pressure with Swords Dance and their coverage, with Rhydon doubling as a cleaner with Rock Polish, and Silvally-Ghost as a Defogger pivot. Choice Scarf Persian-Alola is the speed of this balance, and was chosen for its Dark resistance and fast Switcheroo disrupting walls and setup sweepers alike. Shout outs Greybaum for the Vanilluxe set!

Aurorus VoltTurn Balance
:aurorus: :garbodor: :miltank: :basculin: :rotom-fan: :silvally: (Ground)

lol yes two Hail Ice-type balances in a row. Aurorus is just another mid-speed specially offensive wall breaker that has a niche over say Vanilluxe with Stealth Rock, as it dents other entry hazard setters like Uxie and Garbodor, and its too strong for most removal to switch in either. Miltank + Garbodor is another decent defensive core, and then Rotom-F + Silvally-Ground offer a lot offensively as pivots. Choice Scarf Basculin enjoys the pivoting while revenge killing stuff like Turt and Magmotor reliably.

Toxic Spikes Qwilfish Balance
:qwilfish: :sableye: :miltank: :magmortar: :gallade: :Silvally: (Ground)

Toxic Spikes has a good niche in ZU by forcing in grounded Poison-types or Defoggers so that defensive cores aren't worn down. That allows breakers like Silvally-Ground and Magmotor to capitalize by anticipating these Pokemon switching in, and then breaking through them. Qwilfish and Sableye hold things down on the physical side of things, and Miltank offers Stealth Rock, a good special walls, and enjoys the multiple Fighting switch-ins. Choice Scarf Gallade helps spread Knock Off with Sableye so the hazards hurt more targets.

With all these DLC shifts, I think I've found solid footing for my shenanigans again.

Balancing on Thin Ice
01.png 02.png 03.png 04.png 05.png 06.png

Almost have me a gen 7 PU reunion tour going.
  • Rotom punishes the overly eager hazard setters, clearing them out on the next turn. Can alternatively score revenge KOs and/or pivot
  • Aurorus sets up her own hazards, and snowy momentum.
  • Beartic dashes through the snow on a one-bear open slay. Started out with Life Orb, but switched to boots on someone's suggestion. Haven't really missed any important KOs that Life Orb would've gotten since then.
  • Avalugg holds the line on the physical end, chipping away at anything that touches him, or telling setup sweepers to shove off.
  • Lapras withstands many of the special attacks, doubling as a trapper killer.
  • Frosmoth is the independent sweeper. The fourth move can be a toss-up for a lot of players, but I settled for Giga Drain. Besides the lack of freeze-dry to krump the water-types, getting some health back is always nice anyway.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Future Sight VoltTurn
:uxie: :wishiwashi-school: :rotom-fan: :kangaskhan: :sawk: :skuntank:
If there's one thing I've learned from playing OU this gen, it's that Future Sight on VoltTurn is broken lol. However, OU has Regenerator pivots that can soak up damage while firing off strong Future Sights, while all we have in ZU is Uxie. That's not to say Uxie isn't a bad example, but it will need to be played more conservatively, and you need to be more choosey when to take damage, switch in, ect. Uxie and Future Sight are in many ways the glue of this team, as it's wallbreaking potential and workarounds largely favor the extra, delayed Psychic damage. Take Choice Scarf Sawk for example, which is very strong in its own right. With a Future Sight on its back, it can click Close Combat and not fear Garbodor switching in, as it'll drop! Then there's Fake Out Kangaskhan, which of course combos well too. Wishiwashi is the SpD pivot and status absorber thanks to its RestTalk set. Inversely, use it to spread Scald burns vs bulkier teams to stack residual damage for wallbreaking. Rotom-S is the final pivot that pairs well with the other two by adding a Grass resistance and Defog. Skuntank was changed over Silvally-Dragon as the team's setup sweeper because having a Toxic, Toxic Spikes, and stall countermeasure is what every team should have at the moment. It's also a better wallbreaker to some degree thanks to Taunt, and the team already has cleaners with Sawk and Kangaskhan. This is my most used team and the one I made reqs with, enjoy!

Double Hazard HO
:uxie: :froslass: :gurdurr: :skuntank: :omastar: :silvally: (Dragon)
Uxie is the screens setter that also pivots and sets SR; pretty much everything you need in a support mon for HO. Froslass is a Spiker and spinblocker, and while Destiney Bond might look gimmicky, it can be pretty reliable when paired with Avalanch. It also adds Taunt, which is awesome for early momentum vs stall, and is also realistically the only way to prevent opposing entry hazards bar Toxic Spikes absorption. Skuntank is another stallbreaker, while Gurdurr helps a ton vs offense. Omastar is a great cleaner along with Silvally-Dragon, both complimenting eachother on the special / physical spectrum. The team has decent type syngery defensively as well, with Uxie's Ground immunity letting switch-ins when Skuntank is being revenge killed, or how Skuntank and Gurdurr can tank Dark attacks if needed for the hazard setters. This team makes for quick games, but it's not brainless, and you ought to keep in mind what wincons are relevant in the matchup and what aren't.

Heavy Hazards Balance
:poliwrath: :clefairy: :ferroseed: :garbodor: :kangaskhan: :rotom:
This hazard-centric team starts with a core I posted in the good cores thread. Check out that link if you want to read more about its purpose of setting hazards and shuffling threats. Then there's Toxic Spikes Garbodor and Kangaskhan, which makes this team extremely reliant on residual damage stacking up in your favor. Kangaskhan is Heavy-Duty Boots, making it a little weak, but these are essential for the team to target faster threats and to get in reliably. The latter point is apparent as Choice Scarf Rotom is the Defogger, which should be seldomly clicked anyways when played right, and it's mostly here for pivoting and spinblocking. Keep hazards up and remove opposing Heavy-Duty Boots with Clefairy's Knock Off. I'll admit this team isn't the easiest to play and requires calculated risk management when adding up all the residuals. Shuffle threats with Poliwrath and the defensive core so that Kangaskhan and Rotom can get in to finish the job.

Paralysis and the Hungry Caterpillar
:liepard: :audino: :centiskorch: :altaria: :rhydon: :qwilfish:
This team is a little newer and explores the concept of Centiskorch with paralysis support. Previously, I've tried semi-stall with Centiskorch to some success, and I'm trying to keep the best parts of that team and add a new element of paralysis support to bolster Centiskorch's dominance. The new to this strat are the Thunder Wave users. Liepard has some pros over say Silvally-Dark in that it can hold Heavy-Duty Boots and have a faster Speed, and Prankster Thunder Wave is the speed control on this team. Audino is fitting Thunder Wave over Heal Bell, and there's a lot of opportunities to spread the yellow magic when attackers try to abuse Audino's assumed passivity. Another aspect of Audino is that it spreads Wish, which keeps Centiskorch healthy along with Heal Bell Altaria. Altaria is everything this team needs as a cleric, Fighting and Ground check, and Defogger. Rhydon and Qwilfish spread hazards and wall together nicely; while Toxic on Rhydon may seem counterintuitive, it tends to prove its worth by wearing down Electric- and Ground-types that are immune to Thunder Wave.

Last edited:

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
Scarf Basculin Balanced Offense
:basculin::centiskorch::tangela::uxie::articuno::silvally-ground:
this is quite a basic team, but i thought it would be nice to build a squad around scarf basculin. with bulky pokémon that can absorb the hits that basculin doesn’t like, as well as having 3 pokémon with immunities, i like the core of this team. centiskorch and silvally-ground are wallbreakers that provide great coverage, and basculin is a good speed control pokémon that can kill opponents that are typically faster. furthermore, it also tears through the physical walls that my wallbreakers may struggle against. tangela is a nice wall that can absorb hits & wear down opponents so that my wallbreakers can handle them even better. of course, uxie is the stealth rock user here, and articuno is a special wall that also is a defog user.

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It’s Terrain, GG
https://pokepast.es/7fd052638fb468f1
:Lycanroc-Midnight: :Swoobat: :Thievul: :Thwackey: :Trevenant: :Uxie:
This hyper offensive team is flexible yet simple. With 3 abusers, a wallbreaker operating out of terrain, a Monke, and a top 3 Pokemon, this team will focus on combating the slower aspects in ZU.
:Uxie: Uxie is incredibly flexible. As the SR setter, it will be operating as a pivot and utility pokemon, crippling dangerous threats like Tangela and Kangaskhan with Knock off and pivoting out once it encounters a bad MU the opposing pokemon is crippled of its items. Oh, and before the opponent gets the funny idea of setting up spikes with qwilfish or Garbador, Psychic will be there to make them think twice before using uxie as setup fodder.
:Thwackey: Monke prefers Terrain extender to provide as many setup opportunities as possible, while also being similar as a strong offensive pivot and utility pokemon. Grassy Glide provides its main attack to pick off weakened threats like Cinccinos, Sawks, or silvally forms. Wood hammer grants a hefty chunk to provide more power should GG not be enough.
:Thievul: “AHHHHHH i lost my spe def fairy mon and now i’m completely screwed against a +2 fox” Surprisingly nice bulk for such a dangerous sweeper. Dark Pulse can really clutch out games against the occasional wall planning to toxic, especially when at +2. This can be deployed any time throughout the game, from a wallbreaker to a cleaner, especially in terrain. Thievul is powerful and can dismantle most attackers when given a free turn, though it needs to deal with pesky fairies before it can safely enter the field, though once they’re cleared, Thievul will surely be a burdening pokemon to deal with.
:Trevenant: Not satisfied with Thwackey as a GG mon? Trevenant will be there to GG, but in a harder way. Max Attack + Speed ensures it can outrun menaces like uninvested Centi and Malamar. Wood Hammer dismantles those pesky Audinos and stunfisks standing your way, and trick ruins pokemon switching in like Tangela and cryogonal. POltergeist is the finishing touch by dismantling most opponents with itsms.

RIP Grassy Seed :( it was fun having the item around
:Swoobat: Ah, Swoobat. Send it in via a slow u-turn or fainted teammate in front of a wall like non-toxic Audino and allow it to do its work. This singlehandedly demolished Tang/Audino/Pyuk cores if not afflicted with toxic. Heat wave scorches incoming steel types looking to wall it, like Ferroseed or Klinklang. Should Swoobat be damaged significantly, Roost can help enable It to blunt incoming super effective (but weak) attacks like Rotom-Fan when boosted.
:Lycanroc-Midnight: Don’t let this (currently) UR mon fool you. This is an absolute beast with its solid speed tier and access to a 100% stone edge and a great attack stat, with swords dance to bring it to even more dangerous levels. Altarias and articunos looking to wall this team will hate the mere presence of this nightmare doggo from throwing rocks in their faces. The thwackey and Cinccino looking to pick it off with speed/priority? Not with a +2 sucker punch, especially with rocks up. Close Combats will destroy opposing Steel types looking to wall it, like Ferroseed or Klinklang.

Last edited:
Okay so this is the first team i post because that was the funniest i have ever play.

:manectric: :garbodor: :uxie: :kabutops: :cursola: :klinklang:

:manectric: Is the starting point of the team, and i want make this Toxic+Protect because look very annoying for classic check like Vally Ground/Rhydon or stunfisk.
After that i want build an offensive team so bop a wild :Garbodor: appears!
Garbodor can put spike who really help manectric to weakness ground mon ( who don't have recovery in general) and can pressure annoying mon like Clefairy or Alcreamie for manectric. He also check physical threat who can easily RK Manectric like Cincinno.
Because of manectric set the team need some role compression since i need Speed control/Pivot/SR and Hazard Control.
So i had a :uxie: who help garbodor to absorb physical threat; set SR and can pivot.
The team really need a mon who can RK Ninetale or Vally ground but also Frosmoth so i have chose to play another pivot in the person of scarf :kabutops:.
Kabutops is a great mon for role compression because in addition to rk some threath for me he also learn Rapid Spin for the hazard control and flip turn for momentum.
So at this moment i think i need a ghost for avoid opposing spinner and pressure mon like cofagrigus.
The reasoning choice was rotom but i chose a more fun one: :cursola:.
Endure+Petaya Berry+Weak armor made this a threathening sweeper for some team who are not prepared for this.
Shadow ball is the stab then i chose Power gem for hit articuno/frosmoth and flying mon more hard and Earth Power for beat Skuntank and rhydon.
For the last slot i want a stallbreaker and another sweeper so i have add the very good SubTox :klinklang: ..... Man this pokemon is just unbelievable!!
He beat some stall who dont play Rest on Pyuku, he sweep some HO, and he can set up on some top tier mon like Garbodor/Tangela/Uxie or Articuno.
The evs give you power and speed for outspeed Manectric Scarf after one shift gear and frosmoth without any boost.
This mon have just give me 70% of my wins. Try this really.

For the some weakness the team have i can say you cheesy playstyle like grassy/electric terrain team with thievull/drifblim or commun rotom spec or scarf.
The team also lack good ground resist so Sawk Scarf Mold break is one of the most threathening thing you can encounter .
But don't forget Klinklang can reverse some match up at your advantage.

The team is very fun to use and work pretty well in general enjoy this!!
Oh wait i have forgot : gen8zu 1482 79.6% 1758 ± 48 30 10
This is my ladder pick with this team in one week for the ZULT Week 2

1622060462600.png

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
GolBased and BalancePilled (Golbat Balance)
:golbat::kangaskhan::altaria::rotom::wishiwashi-school::ferroseed:
originally, this team from late april exercised an idea i had ~ use golbat on balance to help wear down walls that can make wallbreakers struggle. i still like that team philosophy, but since it’s been a month, it felt right to make some minor changes.
:golbat: is the main focus of the team. it’s able to function as a switch-in to physical attacks, but its stallbreaking capabilities are its main appeal. it can completely wither down almost any defensive pokémon standing in its way, so that its teammates don’t have to fear getting completely walled by certain threats. it runs eviolite over boots, as the added bulk is more necessary than a hazards immunity. furthermore, it has enough bulk to easily roost any damage it’s taken. while it generally gets sent out whenever it is even suspected that a defensive pokémon might enter the field, it can also be used as a switch-in against physical attackers. EDIT: its been a while, but i’m pretty sure the ev spread is to speed creep and ohko centiskorch. the rest is invested in bulk.
:kangaskhan: is a pokémon that is terrifyingly good, but can be stopped by physical walls such as tangela. golbat is a great partner to kanga, due to its ability to wear down walls like tangela. alongside the support of its other teammates, kangaskhan can do kangaskhan things & destroy everything. once it enters the late game, have fun.
:altaria: is a good defog user that switches into a plethora of attacks. it may have similar weaknesses to golbat, but it also has extra resistances that golbat doesn’t have. it also has the bulk to use defog and roost, and the type coverage to scare off certain pokémon. it’s a great defensive sponge that can clean up hazards if need be. EDIT: the ev spread is to outspeed centi
:rotom: originally had a choice scarf, but with the team’s emphasis on bulk, as well as kangaskhan’s double priority, the choice scarf didn’t feel necessary. plus, choice specs still cripples a lot of the same walls that scarf does, even if it’s a slightly worse item to trick. lastly, i removed choice scarf because i feel like it’s not as good as it once was. with choice scarf users like basculin and manectric rising in usage, and with other choice scarf abusers like sawk switching to choice band, it seems like scarf pokémon are getting faster. overall, the extra power from choice specs helps pack a punch that was a little bit missing from the previous set on rotom. rotom works as a early to mid game wallbreaker, that will either spam volt switch or use trick against an unsuspecting opponent. it also gets really great damage out of tbolt and sball, so a pokémon like wishiwashi can give it a free switch. which is great, because it’s difficult to switch into specs rotom.
:wishiwashi-school: is a classic defensive pivot in this meta at this point. however, i originally made it physically defensive. i don’t exactly remember why, but as it turns out, it didn’t work out that well. returning it to its specially defensive set helps balance out the team’s defensive core, giving our team 2 physically and 2 specially bulky pokémon. also, spdef wishiwashi is just better. it just is. anyways, wishiwashi can be used throughout the game, to soak up special attacks and wear the opponent down with surprisingly strong scalds and u-turns. it can even be used as a lead again uxie, to get a slower u-turn and massive chip damage if uxie stays in.
:ferroseed: replaced galarian stunfisk because sadly, ferroseed is just better. although it doesn’t have yawn or pain split, it does have knock off. that’s pretty much all i need to say. i could also say that it has leech seed utility and a better defensive typing, too. but you get the point. ferroseed works great as a switch-in, a defensive lead, etc etc. it can absorb the ice type attacks that scare altaria, the rock type attacks that scare golbat, and the electric type attacks that scare wishiwashi. honestly, it’s the ideal teammate in this scenario.

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
SawkTank (Bulky Offense w/ Sawk + Skuntank Core)
:sawk::skuntank::uxie::articuno::tangela::rapidash:
this originally started off as a pretty dumb orbeetle team, but then i realized that the combination of skuntank + sawk was pretty decent.
:sawk: and :skuntank: make for a good duo mainly due to the stallbreaking capabilities of skuntank. by being able to highly threaten most defensive opponents, it’s capable of taking down sawk’s biggest checks. this allows sawk to wallbreak and clean more easily.
:sawk: runs a pretty normal scarf set, to function as a cleaner and as a standard wallbreaker. inner focus is used in order to prevent kangaskhan from revenge killing in certain situations. can be used throughout the game to revenge kill, take out an unhealthy opponent, etc
:skuntank: runs the tried and true nasty plot & taunt set, but the ev spread is a bit different. 144+ speed lets it outpace adamant thwackey and jolly flapple, and i’ve been gassing up that speed ev spread because skuntank has little to no competition in its speed tier. the remaining ev’s are invested in bulk, with 32 spdef & 80 hp letting it survive a +4 heat wave from max spatk swoobat. i like to impulsively send it out every time a defensive pokémon even considers touching the field.
:uxie: is your everyday stealth rock setter. it runs future sight due to how well it combines with other attacks, giving this team some more offensive pressure. it runs 16 speed to outpace adamant centi, you know the deal. an alternative if one dislikes future sight is psychic.
:articuno: is a defog user that can absorb special attacks really well, and its resistance to grass is nice with pokémon like tangela and appletun rising. its speed makes it faster than centi, so that it can either uturn away or brave bird for a 70% ohko chance.
:tangela: is a defensive cornerstone that can also pack an unexpected punch with leaf storm. leech seed helps annoy opponents on the field, as well as helping keep the team healthy. sludge bomb provides good coverage and a poison chance, and then knock off is obligatory.
:rapidash: is a setup wallbreaker that differs slightly from its utility set, as it runs swords dance and offensive ev’s rather than defensive ev’s with wisp. i was considering the regular rapidash set, but i feel like it would’ve made my team a bit too passive. with rapidash’s great speed, it can threaten plenty of opponents after a boost & can stay healthy with morning sun when given the opportunity. however, i may consider running the max hp + speed ev spread on rapidash, to give it greater longevity.

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
SawkTank (Bulky Offense w/ Sawk + Skuntank Core)
:sawk::skuntank::uxie::articuno::tangela::rapidash:
this originally started off as a pretty dumb orbeetle team, but then i realized that the combination of skuntank + sawk was pretty decent.
:sawk: and :skuntank: make for a good duo mainly due to the stallbreaking capabilities of skuntank. by being able to highly threaten most defensive opponents, it’s capable of taking down sawk’s biggest checks. this allows sawk to wallbreak and clean more easily.
:sawk: runs a pretty normal scarf set, to function as a cleaner and as a standard wallbreaker. inner focus is used in order to prevent kangaskhan from revenge killing in certain situations. can be used throughout the game to revenge kill, take out an unhealthy opponent, etc
:skuntank: runs the tried and true nasty plot & taunt set, but the ev spread is a bit different. 144+ speed lets it outpace adamant thwackey and jolly flapple, and i’ve been gassing up that speed ev spread because skuntank has little to no competition in its speed tier. the remaining ev’s are invested in bulk, with 32 spdef & 80 hp letting it survive a +4 heat wave from max spatk swoobat. i like to impulsively send it out every time a defensive pokémon even considers touching the field.
:uxie: is your everyday stealth rock setter. it runs future sight due to how well it combines with other attacks, giving this team some more offensive pressure. it runs 16 speed to outpace adamant centi, you know the deal. an alternative if one dislikes future sight is psychic.
:articuno: is a defog user that can absorb special attacks really well, and its resistance to grass is nice with pokémon like tangela and appletun rising. its speed makes it faster than centi, so that it can either uturn away or brave bird for a 70% ohko chance.
:tangela: is a defensive cornerstone that can also pack an unexpected punch with leaf storm. leech seed helps annoy opponents on the field, as well as helping keep the team healthy. sludge bomb provides good coverage and a poison chance, and then knock off is obligatory.
:rapidash: is a setup wallbreaker that differs slightly from its utility set, as it runs swords dance and offensive ev’s rather than defensive ev’s with wisp. i was considering the regular rapidash set, but i feel like it would’ve made my team a bit too passive. with rapidash’s great speed, it can threaten plenty of opponents after a boost & can stay healthy with morning sun when given the opportunity. however, i may consider running the max hp + speed ev spread on rapidash, to give it greater longevity.
Lycanroc-Midnight Bulky Offense
:lycanroc-midnight::manectric::skuntank::uxie::tangela::articuno:

using the same defensive core from this team, alongside skuntank, i made a lycanroc-midnight team as i think it has potential for some amounts of viability. lycanroc-midnight can serve as both a late game cleaner, or a mid game physical wallbreaker. scarf manectric is added to the last slot as a revenge killer/cleaner if things don’t go too well.
lets ignore the fact that silvally-ground would be way better on this team than lycanroc-midnight

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Post-ZULT team dump (playoffs teams). Click the sprites for teams.

Round 1 vs Ho3n

Game 1 - :liepard::centiskorch::garbodor::rhydon::poliwrath::gourgeist: Small

Wanted to try NP Liepard for once and decided to pair it with Centiskorch because it breaks down Liepard's checks pretty well. Garbodor and Rhydon are the entry hazards core. I don't usually run Heavy Slam on Rhydon and it is there to have something else to break down Alcremie for Liepard (also saw Kay run it). Put Specs Poliwrath on here to check Water-types and to see what the hype was surrounding it. Scarf Gourgeist-Small for speed control and a check to Silvally-Ground. Team turned out decent aside from the weakness to Cramorant and Liepard had a nice matchup in the game.

Game 2 - :ninetales::froslass::stunfisk galar::tangela::cramorant::silvally:

I felt that my teams were sort of weak to NP Ninetales and I hadn't used it in a while, so I figured I'll try it out. Also had been liking Froslass and wanted to use that too to threaten and wear down Ninetales's checks like Altaria and Cramorant. Galarian Stunfisk, Tangela, and Cramorant form the backbone of the team. Choice Scarf Silvally for speed control. Sadly, I ran into Miltank and double dance Alcremie, so the team didn't work as well as intended.

Round 2 vs Serving Suggestion

Game 1 - :malamar::combusken::kabutops::runerigus::altaria::thwackey:

This is pretty much a ladder team I have fun with. Malamar is a relatively solid Pokemon in the current meta thanks to Knock Off and ability to snowball sometimes. Combusken is here to check stuff like Tangela, Liepard, and Silv-Dark and to spread Toxic so Malamar has an easier time in the late-game. Choice Scarf Kabutops is what makes this team the most fun for me. Choice Scarf Flip Turn is so nice for things like Silvally-Ground, Rapidash, Centiskorch, Rhydon, Stunfisk, etc and Stone Edge means you threaten common Defoggers. Runerigus and Altaria form the backbone of the team. CB Thwackey as a sort of glue mon and to give the team more power. Team has its flaws and they showed in this game.

Game 2 - :frosmoth::ditto::dugtrio::uxie::cramorant::silvally: Rock

Wack stuff.

Game 3 - :spiritomb::rotom frost::qwilfish::silvally:Ground:uxie::sawk:

Team ended up being one of my favourites as of late. CB Spiritomb is a cool anti-offense Pokemon and I only really wanted to use it OHKO Rotom after slight chip with Shadow Sneak. NP Volt Switch Rotom-Frost looked like the perfect partner for CB Spiritomb since it checks Tangela and provides Spiritomb with plenty of opportunities to come in. Also likes how CB Spiritomb breaks things. Qwilfish with Thunder Wave over Taunt because I wanted the speed control over the ability to preserve entry hazards (Frostom already checks common Defoggers). Silvally-Ground for the Volt Switch check and Silv-Ground things. Yawn Uxie is here to force switches and give Spiritomb, Frostom, and Silvally-Ground free turns. Scarf Sawk for speed control.

Round 3 vs yovan33321

Game 1 - :exeggutor::pincurchin::persian alola::runerigus::articuno::basculin:

I was bored one night and felt like building something fun and obscure. I saw Eggy at C on the VR and then thought I've tried Specs, seen it on sun, but I've yet to experiment with OTR. Eggy doesn't really have a good 4th move to run imo and when I saw Terrain Pulse, I thought that OTR Eject Pack + Specs Pincurchin looked really fun. Terrain Pulse under Electric Terrain nearly 2HKOes max Sp Def Cuno from full, OHKOes Cramorant, and dents Skuntank. Initally had a this draft of the team and I wasn't feeling it, so I went back to the core. I figured Alolan Persian fit best since it checks Silvally-Ground, switches into Knock Off, and brings Eggy in off Parting Shot. Runerigus is there for the role compression. Articuno is there for Defog and to check Frosmoth. Cramorant works here too, but ultimately I felt I'd rather be too weak to Frosmoth if I kept Cramorant. Scarf Basculin to round out the team and give me a way to pressure Centiskorch offensively.

Game 2 - :malamar::combusken::kabutops::runerigus::altaria::thwackey:

Recycled this team.

Game 3 - :spiritomb::rotom frost::qwilfish::silvally:Ground:uxie::sawk:

Recycled this team.

Finals vs Drud

Game 1 - :perrserker::exeggutor::qwilfish::rhydon::rotom::silvally:

After building with Eject Pack Eggy alongside Pincurchin, I wanted to try out a variant of Eject Pack Eggy with CB Perrserker. CB Perrserker is a menace to switch into and Exeggutor breaks down physical walls that check it. Future Sight helps with that pretty well. Conversely, CB Perrserker breaks down Ferroseed, Skuntank, Altaria, etc for Eggy. Put SD Qwilfish here to soft check Centiskorch and Rapidash as well as give the team more punch. Rhydon and Rotom form the backbone of the team and Scarf Silvally provides revenge killing. Glad how well the team turned out in this game.

Game 2 - :thwackey::rotom fan::rhydon::garbodor::cryogonal::sawk:

Unused team I made week 1 of UMPL. CB Thwackey+Sub NP Rotom-Fan was a cool core I wanted to use back then. Sub NP Fantom sets up on Ferroseed and Tangela, and CB Thwackey beats down Ground-types for Rotom-Fan. Rhydon/Garbodor/Cryogonal form the backbone of the team and check a range of threats. Wanted Cryogonal mainly for the speed over Articuno. Garbodor set is kind of weird and I definitely didn't play it as well as I should have against Rotom this game (kept expecting Ferroseed). Scarf Sawk rounds out the team.

Thanks to everyone who joined the tour and made it as fun as it was.

Hullo there:afrostar:
Recently made a team I would like to show, I think its pretty decent, got me a lot of points on multiple accounts
:Garbodor::Articuno::Uxie::Appletun::Sawk::Skuntank:
https://pokepast.es/866858832958bc32

THE GENERAL IDEA OF THE TEAM -

It uses the excellent pivoting sr-defog physical-special wall core of :Uxie: and :Articuno: , 2 amazing pokemon alone, and when paired up, the're too good. However, they have a nasty :Centiskorch: weakness, also none wants to take stab knock off (:Uxie: can take weak ones coz of :Colbur Berry: , but not the stab ones.) Hence I paired them up with one of the best glues in the tier, :Garbodor: . It acts as a knock off absorber, :Centiskorch: check, also as an additional physical wall for:Kangaskhan: and :Cinccino: that can overwhelm :Uxie: otherwise. This defensive core is pretty good in itself, however, it is incredibly weak to our Electric-types, :Rotom: and :Manectric:. I was struggling very hard to find something that can reliably check both, and at the same time, not be crippled to uselessness by Trick/Switcheroo, like :Rhydon: and :Stunfisk: are. So one day I was just chilling in my room and was suddenly hungry, I went to the fridge and saw apples, and I got the answer for not only my hunger but also this problem. :Appletun: , offensive Appletun to be exact, can check both electrics and still be useful if tricked a choice item. So my defensive core was done, and I went with a simple offensive core of :Choice Scarf::Sawk: on deez nuts lmaooo and Nasty Plot Taunt :Skuntank:. The former appreciates the rest of the team wearing the opponent's team down so it can clean easily , and the latter demolishes defense and basically passive mons with taunt, at the same time posing an offensive threat, thanks to Nasty Plot, and good dual stabs.

IN DEPTH ANALYSIS TIME

:Uxie:
This mon sets up rocks, Knocks important targets like :Tangela:, :Rhydon: etc for teammates to capitalize on, slow pivots to bring in wallbreakers. It also serves as an all purpose physical wall, with terrific matchups vs some of the biggest threats like :Sawk: and :Silvally:(Ground). It has seen better days, but is still a very consistent and fine pokemon. The moves are fairly straight forward, with yawn making it so that it's not compete setup fodder for, say, Bulk Up :Gurdurr:, or Dragon Dance :Flapple: , among others. The spread is nothing special, max health and defense to maximize its capability to survive hits. You can ditch some defense and get 16 speed EVs, which lets it outspeed adamant :Centiskorch: , and knock it.

:Articuno:

Proly the most impactful of the "newer" pokemon, this mon has quickly established itself as one of the better special walls, checking threats like :Skuntank: , :Frosmoth: , :Choice Specs::Basculin:, :Choice Specs::Poliwrath: etc. It also has reliable recovery, and entry hazard control in defog. Like :Uxie:, its a good pivot with U-turn. The moves are simple, Brave Bird is for consistent damage. The speed EVs allow it to outspeed :Exeggutor:. An alternate spread with speed and attack for :Centiskorch: can be used, however, it leaves it unable to check certain threats which the team is weak to.

:Garbodor:

An important pokemon in the current meta, it supports its teammates by setting up Spikes, taking hits as well as healing semi-reliably with Pain Split. It is tasked with talking on dangerous pokemon like :Sawk: , :Cinccino:,:Kangaskhan:,:Centiskorch: etc, and it does that well, racking up :Rocky Helmet: damage in the process. It's also useful when it faints, because of Aftermath. The moves are straight, with Gunk Shot being generally stab and Rock Blast letting it beat :Centiskorch: as well as pressure :Articuno:, :Altaria: etc, who would otherwise defog in its face. The speed EVs allow it to outspeed (oh God I'm tired of typing this name again and again, there is no copy paste in Ba sing se) :Centiskorch: . An alternate spread of 212 defense and 44 speed can also be used effectively, which outspeeds uninvested :Altaria:.

:Appletun: here's the real deal

As mentioned before, this mon is here to stop :Rotom: and :Manectric: from 6-0ing me. It quad resists their main stab, even resists :Dawg:'s(WDYM THAT'S NOT A REGISTERED SPRITE?!?) Overheat because of its wonderful ability. It has enough spdef to always live 2 Shadow Balls from :Choice Specs::Rotom:, and enough speed for uninvested :Rhydon:, which is kind of a pain to switch into for the team, hence I need to threaten it before it kills me. The moves are low key unorthodox, since offensive:Appletun: isnt really a thing in ZU. Recover is obviously required, Apple Acid lets it wallbreak, Draco Meteor for a raw nuke and Dragon Pulse for general stab. One of could likely be switched out for Leech Seed but that's for weaklings . :Heavy-Duty Boots: are required so that it doesnt getvworn down by hazards+Volt Switch, which its opponents would always click vs it. All in all, I think this is an underrated set, which deserves recognition.

:Sawk:

The number of times I've been endgamed by this thing is nuts. It has coverage for almost everything that can take a stab Close Combat, making it one of the best cleaners in the meta. When given hazard support, it wears down its checks even faster. Very few things can take it on, with those things being the fairies of the tier, :Alcremie: and :Clefairy:. The latter doesn't appreciate knock off, however, the former is pretty safe against it, unless it carries Poison Jab, which mine doesn't. It's ability is upon preference, both Mold breaker and Inner Focus have their pros and cons. Mold breaker lets it spam eq vs :Garbodor:/:Qwilfish:+:Uxie:/:Rotom: , while Inner Focus lets it disregard :Qwilfish:'s Intimdate, as well as Fake Out from :Kangaskhan:.
Nothing else to be said, this thing will finish you if you let your fighting resist be weakened, GG.

:Skuntank:

Skuntank is a blessing for teams like mine ,who struggle vs fat, bulky mons that seem to annoy and heal forever. Taunt shuts them down, while also providing setup opportunities with Nasty Plot. Its dual stab is pretty good, only resisted by a few, like :Mawile:, who are niche af. It's best checks are actually bulky grounds, like :Rhydon: , :Stunfisk: etc, who have way too much special bulk to care about +2 Dark Pulse, and can deal heavy damage in return. However, those grounds provide me a free switch to :Appletun:, who can then just click Draco, so :Skuntank: can go to town.

Closing notes, I think this team is very generic good, and I hope y'all enjoy using it.

Holy damn, that took a while to write , but it was worth it
:blobwizard:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)