Resource SS ZU Team Dump

kprf

Banned deucer.
well looks like grassy seed is bout to get banned and garb is about to rise to PU, so here's a last minute grassy terrain team if anyone is looking to have some fun before the changes :)

team: https://pokepast.es/2afe42fb96fd2941

this team utilizes the traditional grassy terrain strategy with a terrain-setter paired with two threatening sweepers, but also employs an innovative blend of unique mons that both work well under terrain and covers for the weaknesses of the trio.

i'm quite new to ss zu and was first playing around with bulkier niche teams until i stumbled upon a lilligant team and was shocked at its ability to overwhelm teams without a proper grass check (and no, tangela is not a sufficient counter). shoutout to that player for giving me inspiration to pair lilligant with terrain :)

next, i scrambled together a 5 minute grassy terrain team and tested it out and encountered a LO garbodor team. as garb is most frequently utilized as a hazard setter and tspike absorber, i was pleasantly surprised at its offensive ability and decided to pair it in my terrain team.

coal is just there to take hits from centi and threaten defoggers such as cuno and altaria which counters gterrain in general while setting up two types of annoying hazards. silvally-normal with serious nature is to ensure all attacks are as strong as possible. you can choose whether you want to check cuno or tangela, but the other two moves are good for momentum in which explosion has helped in niche situations again skuntank

and yeah that's the team! not too sure how to do sprites, but i hope someone enjoys the team (i peaked only around 1400s but that's cuz i didn't play too much)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

https://pokepast.es/e6d2e77b79c0ef7a

I was building for the money tour and getting a feel for the tier when I was testing out Skorch and thought that despite having a high attack stat wasn't doing the amount of chip I wish it would. So I decided to throw a Choice Band on it just to see how degenerate the damage output would be. I threw on Cram for defog support since we aren't running boots and Gurdurr since it appreciates the mons that Skorch would break down with CB Fire Lash. Gunfisk helps you not die to birds, rotoms, and ices while giving you rocks and Rotom is there for speed control. Jynx was also there to help check waters and act as another set up sweeper who appreciates Skorch/Gurdurr smacking ices around.

Teams probably bad but it's funny

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
throwing rocks (throh + hazard stack)
:throh::qwilfish::coalossal::rotom-fan::gourgeist::jynx:
:throh: is the main focus of the team. its immense bulk and passable defensive typing makes it a fantastic mixed wall. it can tank hits from the likes of sawk, rotom, and most importantly, centiskorch. with stone edge support and the given ev’s, it can survive two fire lashes in a row, even if it switches into a knock off. stone edge guarantees an ohko, and also ohko’s articuno after brave bird chip. it also survives two, even three silv ground multi attacks, and gets chip on it with hazard damage + circle throw.
:qwilfish: is a typical spikes setter that soft checks centiskorch if throh is in a tight spot.
:coalossal: is a rocks setter that doubles as hazard removal, while also acting as another soft centi check. it also tanks hits from many of the special breakers in the tier, especially volt switch users.
:rotom-fan: is an offensive pivot that doubles as a defog user if the opponent doesn’t get too fazed by our hazards. it can also wisp if the opponent switches into silv ground attempting to block volt switch.
:gourgeist: acts as a solid check to silv ground, and as a great revenge killer than can break through offensive cores and cripple defensive teams with trick + powerful attacks.
:jynx: is a setup sweeper that takes care of business and wrecks through defensive teams. also wrecks offensive teams once the opposing speed control is removed.
alternative options
- throh can run max defense to ensure it checks physical threats as well as possible.
- coalossal can be replaced by another stealth rock user, preferably rhydon if one really wants a volt immunity.
- a special wall like clefairy or ferroseed can also be used to better handle other special breakers like basculin, who otherwise may overwhelm the team sometimes
- taunt can be ran over pain split on qwilfish, if one prefers it

Last edited:

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
i’ve been putting off this post for a while, but i finally have the motivation. this is...
ALMOST EVERY TEAM I’VE BUILT OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS
i’ve been experimenting with a lot of different ideas, so this might or might not be interesting. i won’t go in depth about every team, but i’ll make a brief sentence about it.

Warning: Most of these teams are either Balance or Bulky Offense.

SubTox Lapras Balance :lapras::stunfisk::silvally::tangela::sawk::rapidash: is a fairly defensive team built around wearing the opposing team down with lapras & the defensive crew, which helps sawk’s late game cleaning & rapidash’s wallbreaking potential.
AV Grapploct Bulky Offense :grapploct::uxie::tangela::skuntank::rotom-frost::kangaskhan: is a team meant to pressure the opponent with bulky breakers; grapploct is ev’s to survive hits from nasty plot rotom and specs volt switchers.
SubTox Klinklang Balanced Offense :klinklang::rhydon::tangela::wishiwashi::gourgeist::rotom-frost: backs up gourg and rotom with a strong defensive backbone, which cumulates to a clear path for klinklang to either wear down or sweep.
Specs Poliwrath Bulky Offense :poliwrath::rotom-fan::kangaskhan::piloswine::tangela::rapidash: takes advantage of poliwrath’s copious amount of damage by pairing it with other bulky threats that can take a hit and scare the opponent.
¿ Balance :altaria::sandslash-alola::tangela::rotom::silvally::kangaskhan: is built around AltSlash, altaria and sandslash. it’s called “¿”, because that’s what you get when you type Alt and / (aka slash) on a computer. at least with the international keyboard.
Silvally-Fighting Bulky Offense :silvally::jellicent::rotom-fan::gourgeist::piloswine::kangaskhan: is built around silvally-fighting’s unique coverage and pivoting ability for a fighting type.
Cofagrigus Defensive Balance :cofagrigus::miltank::tangela::cramorant::cinccino::skuntank: is one of the more defensive teams i’ve built. cofagrigus doesn’t get enough love for a b+ tier pokémon.
Lead Butterfree Bulky Offense :butterfree::kangaskhan::ninetales::tangela::rhydon::altaria: is probably my favorite team to use. lead butterfree is certainly an mu fish, but it’s very rewarding.

Banded Perrserker VoltTurn Balance :perrserker::miltank::gourgeist::articuno::rotom::silvally: is built around the power of banded perrserker. tough claws might be better though, because u-turn is often used.
Pure Fucking Copium :heatmor::klinklang::gurdurr::gourgeist::articuno::stunfisk: was originally a joke team replacing perrserker with heatmor, but then i attempted making it an actual team. anyways, centiskorch is banned.
Nasty Plot Raichu Bulky Offense :raichu::clefairy::cinccino::cramorant::silvally::gurdurr: is centered around raichu’s capabilities as a special breaker. boots are ran to prevent it from being affected by cheese (webs) and hazards. magnet or life orb can be ran in replacement, as well.
Flapple VoltTurn Offense :flapple::rotom-fan::sawk::piloswine::silvally::alcremie: is a team built around flapple, a pokémon i don’t typically like using due to hustle’s inconsistency. i decided to build around the rewards it brings, though, so that i could grow to like it more.
3-Minute HO :dugtrio-alola::morpeko::rotom::sawk::kangaskhan::ninetales: was literally built in 3 minutes after someone mentioned choice banded sawk.
Noctowl Offensive Balance :noctowl::rotom::silvally::rapidash::tangela::piloswine: takes advantage of tinted lens noctowl, which might actually be a decent special breaker. btw, when silv ground gets banned, i’m replacing it with dark and calling it a day LOL
Silvally-Electric Offense :silvally::gourgeist::rhydon::sandslash-alola::rotom-fan::jynx: is my most recent team. silvally-electric is ev’d to ohko rhydon with surf after a +1 boost to silv’s special attack, with the help of stealth rock chip.
i hope the teams are fun for u all!! <3

Last edited:

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
more team dumps (warning: lots of balance & bulky offense)

rotom-perrserker bulky offense :rotom::perrserker::gourgeist::rhydon::silvally::wishiwashi: is a team i built when someone was asking for help with the offensive core of rotom and perrserker. the team feels a little dated, as i’m not as big on defensive silv poison as i was before, but i still enjoy the team’s concept.
who needs hazard control :rotom-frost::silvally::cinccino::sawk::lurantis::alcremie: is a fun little team that i made w tack
modest skuntank bulky offense :skuntank::thwackey::rotom-frost::rhydon::rapidash::altaria: is a pretty stock standard team, just w modest skuntank to make it marginally harder to switch into
banded gourgeist bulky offense :gourgeist::rapidash::rhydon::sandslash-alola::cramorant::appletun: combines some ideas i wanted to try out, that being banded gourg and double dance rhydon. also tanga berry appletun to soak up u-turns a little better.
stupid ho :crustle::kabutops::thwackey::silvally::jynx::rotom-fan: exists.
cradily balance :cradily::sandslash-alola::rotom-fan::cinccino::poliwrath::alcremie: experiments with more ideas, that being: cradily, bulky fantom, and offensive alcremie.
unfezant hazard stack offense :unfezant::coalossal::uxie::thievul::silvally::flapple: screws around with some potent breakers that love spikes and rocks
alolan duggy balance :dugtrio-alola::sandslash-alola::altaria::wishiwashi::sawk::rotom: focuses on alolan dugtrio’s ability to switch into and cripple a surprising amount of foes, due to its speed and typing.
shiftry hazard stack :shiftry::qwilfish::cinccino::uxie::rotom-fan::jynx: is another fairly standard team, this one being a hazard stacking team.
banded miltank :miltank::rhydon::wishiwashi::sandslash-alola::skuntank::rotom-fan: is definitely one of my dumbest ideas yet
silv fighting stall :silvally::rhydon::alcremie::pyukumuku::altaria::audino: is a team i’ll never use bc i suck at stall, but it’s a fun idea because silv fighting is lowkey a great knock absorber.
regular hyper offense :sawk::rotom-frost::skuntank::cinccino::rhydon::shiftry: doesnt do anything too special, but it’s my attempt at building hyper offense team. little to no gimmicks, the team is just high on offense.
trevenant balance :trevenant::audino::rhydon::altaria::ninetales::rotom: has the purpose of building around the raw power of trevenant. i gave trevenant a life orb so that this team doesn’t have double choice dilemmas, and so that it can mix up between its moves.
oops, all boots :miltank::altaria::persian-alola::kangaskhan::rotom-frost::ninetales: shows how you can make a team with all a-tier pokémon that use boots, and idk i just find that funny
seaking balance :seaking::ferroseed::altaria::rotom::kangaskhan::thievul: builds around seaking’s presence as an underrated check to many of the tier’s electric type attackers. this team isn’t greatly built though, so i may change it a bit. it’s also the most recent team i’ve built

hope u all enjoy the teams again ! <3

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor

banded sawk bo:sawk::clefairy::lurantis::jynx::rotom::rhydon:is a team built around choice band sawk, which i kinda imagine is hard as hell to switch into consistently
banded relicanth slow hazard stack :relicanth::stunfisk::lurantis::jellicent::klinklang::coalossal:exists. don’t question it.
banded aloslash bo :sandslash-alola::shiftry::ninetales::rhydon::wishiwashi::uxie:builds around alolan sandslash’s unique coverage for a physical breaker, and i also experiment with non-rocks uxie here.
nasty plot jynx bo :jynx::thwackey::rhydon::altaria::rapidash::sawk:aims to bring out jynx’s potential as a late game monster; seems fitting with rotom frost being banned now
cofagrigus balance :cofagrigus::stunfisk::altaria::qwilfish::flapple::ninetales:is a relatively basic team, but with non-id cofagrigus as an idea for a hard physical wall

hope u enjoy the teams!!! :>

Last edited:

banded sawk bo:sawk::clefairy::lurantis::jynx::rotom::rhydon:is a team built around choice band sawk, which i kinda imagine is hard as hell to switch into consistently
This team is illegal, clef cant use all these moves together. Soft Boiled is a Gen 3 tutor move, while teleport is a gen 1 vc and LGPE tm, and Knock Off is a Gen 6 and 7 Tutor. all incompatable. Teleport cant be used with both softboiled and knock off but you can use knock and softboiled together.
Illegal.png

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
This team is illegal, clef cant use all these moves together. Soft Boiled is a Gen 3 tutor move, while teleport is a gen 1 vc and LGPE tm, and Knock Off is a Gen 6 and 7 Tutor. all incompatable. Teleport cant be used with both softboiled and knock off but you can use knock and softboiled together.
View attachment 374190
i replaced teleport w toxic and changed the link

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
bored so im doing a little bit of a team dump! couldnt let hiss have all the fun might edit more in later but we'll see how im feeling. click through the icons for the pastes. sidenote but i wish it was easier to get the sword and shield sprites in and to have them all working but oh well. let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! :blobuwu:

:skuntank:-:sawk:-:tangela:-:rotom:-:miltank:-:rapidash:
someone in the chatroom was asking for help with a team and this is what we put together

:cinccino:-:rotom:-:silvally:-:qwilfish:-:rhydon:-:eldegoss:
pretty standard team built around pads cinccino. team was p weak to frosmoth so 24+ atk on qwil lets it 2hko with pjab. also helps its cremie & altaria matchup and is nice with ferro + jelli gone

:qwilfish:-:throh:-:sandslash-alola:-:lunatone:-:silvally:-:rotom:
spikestack + future sight + phasing with circle throw

:appletun:-:rapidash:-:sandslash-alola:-:cramorant:-:rotom:-:rhydon:
just wanted to build with sub apple ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 220 hp is a lefties number + preserves the 101-hp subs, 84 speed for uninvested rhydon, rest in spdef. cram outspeeds jolly flapple

:altaria:-:sandslash-alola:-:rotom:-:sawk:-:tangela:-:skuntank:
cheeky dd altaria balance, p straightforward

:musharna:-:rotom:-:dugtrio-alola:-:sawk:-:altaria:-:rapidash:
fs + tox + resttalk mush saw some usage in zupl and i felt like building with it. rest of the team support it by dismantling steels long-term

:dugtrio-alola:-:rotom:-:altaria:-:sawk:-:miltank:-:silvally:
wanted to build with subtox alolan duggy and this is what i came up with. click here for an alternate version with sd vally

:dugtrio-alola:-:rotom:-:altaria:-:sawk:-:miltank:-:skuntank:
same team as above, just with stallbreaker skuntank

Last edited:
had a lot of fun building and playing ZU since ZUPL felt like sharing some of the stuffs i've made and liked using so far (clicks sprites for imports)

:cramorant: :throh: :rhydon: :ninetales: :persian-alola: :gourgeist:

wanted to use throh and was super annoyed since any time i tried to build with throh before it eventually became a poliwrath because my teams just lost to basculin, so i just slapped cramorant for this, throh has an amazing synergy with ice beam cramorant since it manages to koff altaria super early and then with 12 spa evs you just have the kill on altaria (0spdef) after rocks with surf+ice beam 100% of the time, super nice for NP ninetales which really want altaria removed to put in works, rhydon is super good for that too since altaria cant defog on him so it'll be forced to take rocks later in the game. persian is the scarfer of choice since it keeps in check a lot of annoying things such as most vallies, can switcheroo against alcremie if things get out of control, and just being a faster scarfer than rotom/unfezant/gourgeist-small can be helpful in endgames. im a big fan of gourgeist-super super nice counter to rhydon/sawk/physical basculin which were some major threat so far, and sneak is super nice to keep scarf rotom in check, itemless so the team doesnt auto lose to band smallgeist.

basically you just play this patiently until you weakened some keys mons(altaria/cramorant/wishiwashi/stunfisk/rhydon/miltank/rapidash...) enough to either break the opposing to with ninetales or just win because your opponent cannot break you anymore which isn't too hard with a defensive core that sturdy

:klinklang: :thievul: :gourgeist: :piloswine: :cramorant: :silvally:

saw Tuthur facing banded klinklang on ladder and thought it looked fun to use and a pretty decent replacement for perrserker since i like a lot klinklang's speed so i slapped it with thievul for the same purpose of baiting physical walls and volt switch out to thievul, and clicking parting shot w/ thievul if opponent is running a clefairy or an alcremie. offensive core being super weak to sawk & other fighting i just put gourgeist-super as a default fighting check as well as rhydon, toxic is nice to cripple rapidash to break more easily w/ klinklang, team was kind of weak to fast and offensive teams so i just slapped piloswine as a rock setter for ice resist+nice priority and scarf normal vally which is faster than most scarfer which is super nice, i also rly like boom as a nuke if something is really annoying to break. with cramorant as last to not lose to basculin

team is used super offensively with two super strong breaker in klinklang and thievul that complement themselves super well by forcing target for eachothers so its not really hard to break the opponent's team to a point where it doesn't have the tools to either break the defensive core or just lose to the offensive core and scarf vally

:falinks: :silvally: :stunfisk: :sandslash-alola: :wishiwashi: :gourgeist:

while lurking on ZU discord i think i saw someone (i think it was czim? excuse me if not i cant remember exactly :c) mentionning banded falinks it looked pretty fun its coverage ended up being super deceiving so i slapped a fightvally to ovewhelm the differents fighting resist more easily, the offensive core was looking rly weak to rotom and silvally poison so stunfisk was the rocker of choice here, spikes were helping a lot to beat alcremie/cofagrigus/sableye more easily and the team was going to a direction where it would end up too weak to spikes so aloslash was fitting super well here, wishiwashi is a super nice glue that provides an amazing amount of momentum for teams like these that wants to abuse their offensive core as much as possible, while scarf gourgeist force opponent to think twice before clicking its fighting move with sawk which is super annoying otherwise, trick is nice to either negate cofagrigus and alcremie for the two fighters or just force them out if they expect it and force them to come on spikes later in the game, dbond is nice to keep something under control if really needed

you need to be super aggressive with your spikes and fighters as much as possible with this since it lacks one or two crucial resist you just want to break the opponent team before letting the opportunity to your opponent to break yours, if you play your cards right with this team it can easily come down to an end game where saccing your mons to spam first impression with falinks gives you the win. i used this to go top10 on zu ladder these last days, while its been super fun to use, its been so annoying since people on ladder stack 7 fighting resist most of the time

Hello there!
Really enjoyed playing in the current ZU metagame and i had the opportunity to build various teams. As BDSP is coming up soon, i wanted to share some cool stuff i built:

:rapidash: :manectric: :lurantis: :rhydon: :silvally-dark: :wishiwashi:

Someone was talking about that funny set of Rapidash on Discord or PS! (don't remember kek) so i wanted to give it a try. Put a Manectric for abuse fact that Rapidash lure and OHKO Rhydon after a Swords Dance. Lurantis lets Rapidash come and go as much as he wants due to Lurantis ability to switch into the likes of Rhydon or Stunfisk and remove Stealth Rock while threatening them. Rhydon brings Electric immunity and Stealth Rock support, Wishiwashi is an answer to mons like Jynx or Basculin and pivot with U-Turn to put Rapidash or even Silvally-Dark which act as a wincon into work.

:gourgeist: :rhydon: :alcremie: :sandslash-alola: :cinccino: :wishiwashi:

Originally, i wanted to try Butterfree as a wincon in a balance team but it didn't seem to work well so i kept the structure and tried a stack hazard team with Choice Band Cinccino. I don't think it needs explanations as the team is quite intuitive to use.

:jynx: :thwackey: :stunfisk: :rapidash: :altaria: :wishiwashi:
Built that team at a point i found Jynx completely broken (which is wrong :psysly:). I've tried to pair it with Thwackey as it lure in the likes of Altaria and Tangela and lets Jynx be putting into work. Stunfisk provides Stealth Rock support and can be a nuisance to Rhydon with Earth Power which is a pain to deal with this team. Altaria provides a solid fighting resist and a defog user while Wishiwashi brings a good answer to water and ice types and offer more opportunity to Jynx and Thwackey to wallbreak opposing teams.

:kabutops: :throh: :eldegoss: :alcremie: :rapidash: :rhydon:

Here is a classic balance team i had the idea to build after noticing there isn't so much reliable rock resists in the tier. So i tried Kabutops paired with SD Rhydon. The team may struggle to break through Tangela tho.

:thievul: :rhydon: :thwackey: :wishiwashi: :rotom: :silvally-poison:

That team really looks like the sample team but i opted for Rhydon as a Stealth Rock setter to have a reliable Electric switch in. I also decided to run SD Vally so do without defog. The concept looks similar to Jynx team, Rotom and Thwackey brings in mons that Thievul is able to trap and eliminate effectively.

:sawk: :articuno: :cofagrigus: :rapidash: :rotom: :rhydon:

Here i wanted to use one of my favorites pokemons in ZU: Sawk. I choose to run a scarf set to revenge kill most of the threat of the metagame. Articuno is here to bring defog support and an answer to stuff like Jynx or Basculin, Cof*g provides a solid fighting answer while sometimes acting as a wincon, Rapidash brings an answer to Alcremie even if it loses to Double Dance, Rotom helps to deal with Rhydon which otherwise destroy that team and Rhydon gives Stealth Rock support and Electric immunity while also acting as a wallbreaker using Swords Dance to setup himself at +2. It loses hard to Double Dance Alcremie and Choice Band Basculin tho.

My teams may suck but i would be glad to know if people tried and liked them ! Don't hesitate to contact me on my smog wall or in my pms here or on Discord (Beka#8515) if you have some questions or just want to send me replays of yourselves using my teams, I would be very happy to answer you all !

s/o my beloved frenchies PandaDoux Louna Tuthur

Last edited:

viet noa

is a Pre-Contributor
Here Are Some Teams!
It's been a while ;u;

Lopunny Balance :lopunny::alcremie::sandslash-alola::altaria::basculin::silvally:is a fun experiment with using Lopunny as an anti-lead. It swaps Lagging Tail against fast Pokémon like Gourgeist, sweepers like Frosmoth, and Eviolite-reliant moks like Tangela. It also uses Magic Coat against Pokémon like Rhydon, which already gets crippled by Switcheroo.
Spikes Offense with Silvally-Grass :silvally::qwilfish::rapidash::aurorus::manectric::sawk:was a team I enjoyed using because of Silvally-Grass's strange ability to check Rotom. It tanks its hits well, and doesn't care as much about Wisp compared to other Rotom checks, due to Snarl. The SpAtk drop from Snarl also slightly compensates for the team's relative lack of special bulk.
Fantom + Silv-Fighting BO :rotom-fan::silvally::dugtrio-alola::sandslash-alola::cofagrigus::clefairy: showcases an interesting, albeit strange offensive duo. I think the damage output of a +2 Fighting Multi-Attack is too attractive for me to ignore, while Fantom's unique typing was something I wanted to mess around with. Regular Rotom is still much better, though.
Trevenant Balance :trevenant::wishiwashi-school::clefairy::eldegoss::silvally::cofagrigus:admittedly struggles against the Rotom-Skuntank core, but I still really love this team. It revolves around Trevenant's sheer power, as switching into it can be hard. Toxic is ran to bait Tangela, and Rest gives it recovery when facing passive mons. Shoutouts to kay for the set idea and the teambuilding advice.
The Anti-VoltTurn Agenda :stunfisk::poliwrath::articuno::gourgeist::silvally::sawk: experiments with the Stunfisk-Poliwrath defensive duo, that can deter away VoltTurn cores. Poliwrath is immune to Flip Turn and resists U-Turn, while punishing these moves with Rocky Helmet and punishing the switchin with Circle Throw. On the other side, Stunfisk is immune to Volt Switch and threatens physical pivoting moves with Static.
SpDef Kangaskhan BO :kangaskhan::tangela::wishiwashi-school::piloswine::rotom::sawk: is one of my favorite teams I've made. I think the defensive core is really strong, especially since SpDef Kangaskhan checks the Rotom-Skuntank core (alongside having Wish support). Offensively speaking, I love having slow U-Turn users like Wishiwashi that can make CB Sawk enter easily & break everything.

I've made other teams during these past few weeks, but most of them were pretty bad. Nevertheless, enjoy the teams! <3

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
currently very bored and avoiding writing an important email, so why not do a team dump instead? a good handful of these are from prior to the snow warning unban, so they might be a bit outdated or weak to some of the newer threats like specs ice cream that have been recently freed. not all of these are good, some are just fun! user discretion is advised

phase I: pre-snow warning
:qwilfish:-:exeggutor:-:rapidash:-:altaria:-:sandslash-alola:-:rotom:
sd qwilfish and future sight + teleport eggy, with enough speed for adamant max speed rhydon. click here for a version with defensive spikes qwil

:altaria:-:sandslash-alola:-:tangela:-:rapidash:-:rotom:-:sawk:
an offensive defogging altaria on balance. dont remember why i built around this but im sure the surprise factor is still cool. maybe.

:cryogonal:-:altaria:-:poliwrath:-:rotom:-:rapidash:-:rhydon:
subtox cryo with enough speed to outpace base 95s like vally. poliwrath seems like an odd pick frankly, but it boasted some key resistances to fire, rock, and steel and has put in a lot of work for the squad during testing tbqh. also added a neat water immunity for rapidash + rhydon

:clefairy:-:silvally:-:sawk:-:sandslash-alola:-:rotom:-:altaria:
standard balance featuring spdef clef with enough def to not be 2hko by utility rapidash's flare blitz. i slotted dragon pulse on altaria over status because i had so much on the team already, but you can probably swap it out for heal bell or even something like ice beam to hit rhydon

:thwackey:-:skuntank:-:rotom:-:rapidash:-:wishiwashi:-:sandslash-alola:
average, run-of-the-mill grassy terrain balance. i think swapping defog on rotom for pain split and knock on sandslash for spin could work too so you dont get rid of your terrain

:morpeko:-:qwilfish:-:exeggutor:-:throh:-:rotom:-:miltank:
fun tspike + tect morpeko feat. the previous core of qwil + eggy. also has a fun spdef resttalk throh with enough physdef to not be 2hko by cb gourgeist-small's poltergeist, which doesnt seem entirely necessary when looking back at the team, so you might be able to get away with max spdef

:qwilfish:-:rotom:-:eldegoss:-:lunatone:-:throh:-:kangaskhan:
yet another tspike team, this time featuring hex rotom. lefties might be a better item over sitrus but what do i know. physdef goss with speed for rhydon is probably better on this team over the spdef set i used, and frankly i dont even remember what the spread on throh is for LOL so maybe go max spdef on it. with these edits the team looks like this

:kangaskhan:-:altaria:-:rotom:-:sawk:-:sandslash-alola:-:alcremie:
does what the name implies: 1v1s tang + rotom. tang's giga drain and non-specs rotom's volt switch will never break the kang's sub + it has 404 hp to net 101 hp subs. pup is just to snowball some offensive presence, but you could easily run drain punch for more recovery. i'd steer clear of body slam myself because the para will obviously stop you from spreading toxic. this was the last team i made in zu for a while prior to the freeing of snow warning

phase II: post-snow warning
:abomasnow:-:altaria:-:stunfisk-galar:-:lickilicky:-:alcremie:-:rotom:
the first team i built with auto-hail. the attack on gunfisk lets it always 2hko 0 hp/0def frosmoth with rock slide just dont miss. i also built a version with rhydon and wasnt sure which one i liked more

:aurorus:-:vanilluxe:-:sandslash-alola:-:qwilfish:-:cramorant:-:exeggutor:
tried some double snow warning a la S1nn0hC0nfirm3d's team in nu (with another version here). i chose qwil, cram, and eggy for their useful resistances to fire, fighting, and steel, and goss in the second version for spinning + cool tec in weather ball

:silvally:-:skuntank:-:rotom:-:sawk:-:miltank:-:shiinotic:
built this balance following OranBerryBlissey10's psyvally nom and had a lot of fun with it!

:vanilluxe:-:qwilfish:-:coalossal:-:tangela:-:rotom:-:klinklang:
at long last, the most recent team ive made thus far. wanted to build around specs ice cream as the name implies, and slotted qwil + coal + tang for a nice defensive core that also sets hazards + spins. original versions had wigglytuff over tang for wishport but wasnt all that happy with its performance, and lickilicky for wish, knock, and cleric support, but ultimately chose tang. if you go the lickilicky route, try dragon tail over heal bell! you lose out on its ability to cure status, but gain the ability to shuffle with hazard stack and thats pretty neat

wow that was a LOT more teams than i anticipated posting, and a lot of balance i realize, and more that didnt even make the cut. i hope those reading this give some of these teams a try, and enjoy! thanks for reading ^~^

Last edited:

OranBerryBlissey10

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Very straightforward and effective hail team: https://pokepast.es/d64b36a7171b6449

The team should be very simple to pilot. You got the double hail setters, the fight-resist slow pivot, the fire-resist slow pivot, double hail setters, the fast breaker and the even faster sweeper. Posting this just because it's kinda ridiculous that there's no documented hail teams yet when it's such a powerful playstyle. The team is pretty optimalized full hail imo but adaptations can definitely be made to aurorus and aboma's moveset according to preference (examples: making aboma icy rock (opens up shard or veil) and aurorus power herb or giving aurorus ep over veil). Another note is that Beartic can definitely drop one of aqua jet and play rough in favor of bulldoze (for qwil).
Snowslash goes brrrrr

Here are some random replays of the team in action: (didn't save some of the best ones though rip)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1478161372
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1471954928
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1477341296-gsvdsz9e5xnmbn4m73msl4xnt82gbdkpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1471940425-sj8onl8ld3voy6pm6xwcd4454jgmw77pw
(still really regret not saving the one where tuthur had both wishi and miltank yet still lost)

also free luxe

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
This thread shouldn’t have been left to the dust ;-;
SPECS “BEST” SHIINOTIC
:Shiinotic: :Qwilfish: :Miltank: :Dugtrio-Alola: :Rotom: :Gurdurr:
Specs Shiinotic functions as a breaker, and can find opportunities to switch in against most Fightings (minus Specs Wrath clicking Ice Beam) and passive walls like Stunfisk and Sableye. Qwilfish and Miltank stack hazards together. Qwilfish blends offensive and defensive traits since its speed tier is decent and its offensive capabiltiites allow it to take on many threats like Alcremie and Clefairy and revenge many weakened threats like Piloswine and Rhydon. Miltank goes SpDef to more reliably deal with Stunfisk and specially offensive Froslass. Alolan Dugtrio is nice speed control and a volt switch immunity; it also functions as a second toxic absorber if necessary. I chose to go with SubstitUte + Toxic to capitalize on bulkier cores (such as Tangela + Rapidash). Scarf Rotom is secondary Speed control and gives the team momentum to carry with. Trick can annoy slower teams if necessary. Gurdurr functions as a late-game wincon with Bulk Up, and gives the team a Knock Off user + priority.​

https://pokepast.es/de1d897363531a1b

This is a team with 3 set-up sweepers, a suicide lead and 2 more defensive mons.

Sudowoodo is a suicide lead. Against Suns, keep it to kill an Ivysaur or a Shiftry with Custap.

Cryogonal is the spinner and a specially defensive temporizer. It can Toxic much defensive Pokémons.

A-Persian is a physical temporizer. It hits strong Perserkerr and Kabutops likes with Foul Play. It can also Toxic Alcremie.

Crustle is a strong sweeper.

Duosion is another sweeper. I hesitate between it, Cofagrigus and Beheeyem in this role. Duosion's niche was to be slow as Glastrier against Trick Romm teams, but now it's gone, Beheeyem's bulk seems to make it more reliable.

Silvally-F is the last sweeper that threaten Steels. Alcremie must be toxic'd to allow Silvally to sweep.

https://pokepast.es/de1d897363531a1b

This is a team with 3 set-up sweepers, a suicide lead and 2 more defensive mons.

Sudowoodo is a suicide lead. Against Suns, keep it to kill an Ivysaur or a Shiftry with Custap.

Cryogonal is the spinner and a specially defensive temporizer. It can Toxic much defensive Pokémons.

A-Persian is a physical temporizer. It hits strong Perserkerr and Kabutops likes with Foul Play. It can also Toxic Alcremie.

Crustle is a strong sweeper.

Duosion is another sweeper. I hesitate between it, Cofagrigus and Beheeyem in this role. Duosion's niche was to be slow as Glastrier against Trick Romm teams, but now it's gone, Beheeyem's bulk seems to make it more reliable.

Silvally-F is the last sweeper that threaten Steels. Alcremie must be toxic'd to allow Silvally to sweep.
With all due respect, there are definitely someways this team could be revamped. The idea of Sudowoodo as a suicide lead is fun, but there are other, better suicide leads like froslass and accelgor (as shown in VR). As well as this, the idea of a suicide lead on a team with two stall mons is iffy as well. Suicide leads should really be exclusive to hyper offense, and with two more passive mons, this team does not seem like Hyper Offense. Crustle seems good on paper (and would probably do Sudowoodo’s Job Better), but cannot even 2hko Palossand at +2 and is outsped by every common scarf pokemon in the tier, making it a trading mon against good teams. You also state that if the opponent has an Alcremie, they must be toxiced for Silvally-Fighting to sweep (which is not a good Vally for SD sweeping). Gleam 2hkos, and even a +2 silvally fighting does not do the same. Aromatherapy is a very common move for Alcremie as well, meaning that the alcremie would have to be chipped below half before it could not safely switch-in. This Team has a very hard time with sableye as well, due to it having 2 setup sweepers. You also have no perrserker switch-in, at all. Even something as simple as replacing duosion with cofagrigus would make Perrserker more manageable. Duosion should almost never be considered for teams, and you aren’t even running recover or Eviolite on it. Lastly, Cryogonal should always run freeze-dry over ice beam, and is most effective when paired with a phys. Def wall such as Tangela. I hope you can take away some from this and equip this team with the potential it has.

Edit: There are only two setup sweepers, as Duosion has no setup moves.

https://pokepast.es/ff51ea2a7c7bea27

This is another team, built around the same base than another one I posted.

Crustle is a suicide lead that set Spikes and SR, it uses Custap to kill the opponent's defogger/sweeper.

Silvally Fire is a sweeper that cleans much teams since waters are weakened.

Cofagrigus is another set-up sweeper ( I call this a set-up sweeper since it uses a move to sweep), Ghost + Fighting coverage is perfect, I could replace Energy Ball by Iron Defense or Nasty Plot.

Perrserker isn't a real sweeper, it's more a pressurer that prevents Cryogonal, Articuno and Coalossal to remove hazards. It's amazing against defensive teams.

Alcremie pressures Sableye and Fighting. It survives very reliably Pinsir and other Bug-Types.

Falinks is the last pokémon, its ability Defiant dissuades Defog. Jolly nature allows it to outspeed slow scarves, modest Accelgor after NR

Thanks to TomatoZauze for his/her advice that weren't just: "Your team is shit lol."

EDIT: I will put runerigus instead of cofa

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/ff51ea2a7c7bea27

This is another team, built around the same base than another one I posted.

Crustle is a suicide lead that set Spikes and SR, it uses Custap to kill the opponent's defogger/sweeper.

Silvally Fire is a sweeper that cleans much teams since waters are weakened.

Cofagrigus is another set-up sweeper ( I call this a set-up sweeper since it uses a move to sweep), Ghost + Fighting coverage is perfect, I could replace Energy Ball by Iron Defense or Nasty Plot.

Perrserker isn't a real sweeper, it's more a pressurer that prevents Cryogonal, Articuno and Coalossal to remove hazards. It's amazing against defensive teams.

Alcremie pressures Sableye and Fighting. It survives very reliably Pinsir and other Bug-Types.

Falinks is the last pokémon, its ability Defiant dissuades Defog. Jolly nature allows it to outspeed slow scarves, modest Accelgor after NR

Thanks to TomatoZauze for his/her advice that weren't just: "Your team is shit lol."

EDIT: I will put runerigus instead of cofa
Just played you and I have to say your team was threatening and caught me off guard at several points, which was fun to see. I still have a few pieces of advice, but the team certainly seems better with the changes you have made.

Silvally-Fire is unfortunately outclassed by other fires, such as Ninetales and Rapidash, both having great coverage moves and the key ability to run an item (being heavy-duty boots which makes them immune to rocks). Rapidash also has reliable recovery, something that Silvally-Fire does not.

Another change I would make would be to add some form of volt-blocking to this team, whether it be via a ground type or a pokemon with lightning rod or motor drive, such as Manectric. You most definitely would've won our battle if you had a switch-in to specs Manectric, but because you lacked a form of volt-blocking, it chipped away at your team until it could safely come in and KO your entire team. Specs Rotom could also do a similar thing to your team.

The next change I would make would be to add iron defense over energy ball to that Cofagrigus set. Iron defense allows it to beat even Silvally-Dark if it can safely get in and is holding a Colbur Berry. I would also consider rest for the set so you cannot be toxic stalled and can take chip damage safely.

Lastly, Pawniard should definitely be considered over Falinks on this team. It can use sucker punch for priority, boost its attack further with swords dance and gets Knock Off to remove opponents item. Steel-Dark is a nasty stab combo and VR shows this by leaving Falinks unranked while letting Pawniard sit in C Tier (albeit still low).

Edit: Runerigus is worse than Cofagrigus, due to its poor typing for fitting a bulky role on teams, so I would not recommend making that change.

I do like the changes you made, and think the team has significantly improved. I also hope that my advice above was helpful for you.

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
ok i just discovered this thread's existance so i'm just going to dump some random teams here

:jynx: :sableye: :rapidash: :cramorant: :stunfisk-galar: :roselia: this team revolves around specs jynx's immense power, working as the main wallbreaker supported by the rest of the team. not the biggest fan of gfisk but it works pretty well in this team. aromatherapy roselia is a very cool tech. use sd dash more

:qwilfish: :alcremie: :palossand: :cryogonal: :tangela: :kangaskhan: one of my favourite teams this gen, sd qwil is very strong, tspikes are busted, s/o to wooper for this amazing alcremie set, toxic on tangela bc sleep powder is overrated and yeah this is the team. bit weak to willo rotom but cryo does fine vs it

:roselia: :lopunny: :cryogonal: :heatmor: :stunfisk: :cofagrigus: meme team that for some reason kinda works, roselia + fisk stack hazards, cofag spinblocks & the idea behind lopunny is that it tricks the av to a defogger so they cannot defog anymore, but most of the time you're just tricking it to a wall so that they cannot recover and you can beat them. healing wish is amazing with rest cofag. do not remember what cofag's spread is for (prolly speed for palo but idk). heatmor is an amazing wallbreaker, do not underestimate it fr

:qwilfish: :rapidash-galar: :altaria: :miltank: :stunfisk: :gourgeist: built this team to play in majors, does so well vs most balance/bo teams. rapg is an amazing mon that fell a bit off with klinklang & perrserker getting so popular, but still works really well. cb gourg-xl is here over smth like trev mainly for the surprise factor, it lures in a lot of mons doing big damage to them so that rap can clean up later. rest of the team is just a standard good defensive core

:shiftry: :rapidash: :sawk: :alcremie: :palossand: :articuno: another team i used in majors, this time one i lost with bc of a trash mu and a sad roll with +2 shiftry on articuno. shiftry blows up on stuff like alcremie (to open up sawk) poliwrath (to open up sd dash) or altaria (to open up both) and yeah that is the main idea about this team, nothing much to say lol

:accelgor: :cryogonal: :altaria: :stunfisk: :klinklang: :qwilfish: i love this team. heal bell alt + defog cryo is such a neat defensive core that really supports the rest of the team, complemented perfectly by fisk. sd qwil + kk is an amazing duo that complements each other really well offensively and helps to overwhelm shared checks. accelgor is actually a pretty good breaker, functioning also as pseudo speed control. knock off helps it lure in some mons and cripple them to help both himself and the other two breakers later in the game

:palossand: :exeggutor: :raboot: :lilligant: :miltank: :articuno: this was initially supposed to be a meme team but it actually turned out to be somewhat decent lmao. the main idea is that exeggutor helps overwhelm lilligant checks so that the latter can sweep later in the game. scarf raboot is an interesting mon i wanted to try out cause it has a pretty good matchup vs miltank + cuno, and it turned out to be actually ok. assurance is for stuff like palo, but could be replaced by like facade if you hate getting crippled by status or idk what else lol

so yeah that was a thing. enjoy these teams and feel free to tell me if you like them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)