Resource SS ZU Sample Teams

OranBerryBlissey10

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Seeing how the samples are outdated I thought I'd submit some teams before the new gen starts in the hopes of improving them.

:silvally-poison:-:klinklang:-:rotom:-:altaria:-:clefairy:-:stunfisk:
Fairly standard team that relies on overwhelming opposing ground types with the combination of Klinklang, Rotom and Poisonvally. Clefairy ensures a good matchup vs opposing fat while keeping said team healthy. It performs well vs common HO types like sun and eterrain making it a good fit for a sample.

:lycanroc-midnight:-:shiftry:-:miltank:-:alcremie:-:dugtrio-alola:-:silvally-water:
The concept of the team is simple, Lycanroc is a powerful breaker and Shiftry is the secondary breaker that abuses the best answer to the former, while also having boons like being a rotom check and completely dunking on Tangela. Duggy provides speed and Watervally can pivot into the breakers while rounding out the defensive core.

:skuntank:-:exeggutor:-:piloswine:-:silvally-water:-:rapidash:-:rotom:
Skuntank and Exeggutor both overwhelm the opponent's special walls and cover for each other. Piloswine lures Articuno and is a good mon in general that takes advantage of the grass overload in ZU. The rest of the team is kinda basic bitch but y'know.

:liepard:-:silvally-fighting:-:kabutops:-:roselia:-:palossand:-:pawniard:
Pretty well known team, the team members have good synergy and consistently keep up pressure through pivoting. Liepard notably has Play Rough over the more common copycat to hit fighters hard, which helps Pawniard (and allows it to run limber for Static). Fun team despite it quite weak to Cofagrigus (but no one uses that mon so it's okay).

:lurantis:-:rapidash:-:rhydon:-:sableye:-:articuno:-:rotom:
Significantly less standard and requires offensive play, but still effective and Lurantis is absolutely worth it. A lot of checks can be weakened over time and/or don't do enough immediate damage to it (like skunk, pvally or bulky dash). The biggest roadblock is Altaria which naturally gets lured by the Rapidash set. The Lurantis set is optimal both itemwise and ev-wise (and even moreso movewise u hella need aroma); leppa is insanely useful with four 8pp moves and big pressure birb in A+ while anything less than full spdef means you barely heal off cuno attacks (which means u eventually get frozen). If Covert Cloak was legal that'd prob be better though but please don't invest in speed it's not worth it.

:manectric:-:klinklang:-:lunatone:-:roselia:-:morpeko:-:uxie:
Once again we overwhelm the ground types, Manectric lures and weakens them for one of Lunatone, Morpeko or Klinklang to eventually sweep. Facade allows u to be more liberal with throwing out gear grinds and Uxie is free momentum (rocks Lunatone is trolling).

:uxie:-:liepard:-:shiftry:-:rapidash:-:ivysaur:-:lunatone:
Sun is pretty telegraphed, Uxie Liepard Shiftry Rapidash Ivysaur are absolutely mandatory, apart from the 6th mon the only freedom u have is between Uxie's moveset, Ivysaur's evs and mayyybe the Rapidash set (no low kick Shiftry is not good and neither is the current sun sample). Said aforementioned 6th should be something that deals with sun's biggest weaknesses; namely Altaria and opposing fire types. For example, the sample sun has Froslass (which is fine for alty but said team has other flaws), Tuthur sun uses Qwilfish (deals with dash while also setting up extra hazards and taunting/statusing to be annoying in general just like Tuthur himself) while Lunatone has a good matchup vs both alty and dash. The opponent might also be forced/tempted to sack their Lunatone answers during the game to avoid losing to the sun threats themselves.

I could say something wholesome or think of a good closer, but more importantly I didn't post any sd qwil teams and the current samples don't have any either. With how relevant it has become we definitely need at least one of those so y'know if u have a solid sd qwil team lmk :)

Last edited:
I didn't post any sd qwil teams and the current samples don't have any either. With how relevant it has become we definitely need at least one of those so y'know if u have a solid sd qwil team lmk :)
:ss/Lycanroc-Midnight: :bw/articuno: :bw/stunfisk: :bw/tangela: :bw/Qwilfish: :bw/sawk:

This is the oldest team in my builder all the way back from zoople 3 and for good reason, its good... Lycan and Sawk are a great offensive core, applying so much pressure that your opponent just wants to click the x button. Cuno Stunfisk is the most basic SpD core all of time but as the saying goes don't fix what's not broken, although in this case the core is broken. Together they check the whole tier on the special side, in addition to compressing essentials in Stealth Rock, Defog and an Electric immune. Tangela does Tangela stuff and walls the whole tier on the defensive side and then SD Fish is a great late game cleaner wincon if your opponents team hasn't already broken in 2 by CB Lycan Stone Edge spam. Only real weakness of this team is that it has no cleric, but who needs a cleric, just outplay. For real though you have enough offensive tools, don't drag out the game. also czim built this not me but I used it more and put 8 Speed eves on fisk so its basically mine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)