Resource SS UU Sample Teams (Crown Tundra)

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Just an announcement here that we are looking to do a samples update towards the end of SCL to mark the (probably) last update of the generation, so we are very much interested in recieving submissions from people, especially from teams they've had success with during Swiss/SCL or on ladder, and any submissions will discussed over the coming weeks!

this team has succeeded a lot for me on ladder, the replays show that it is capable of winning especially against good players such as taking a game of pif. This team has had success against hyper offense, and Balance or balance offense teams especially with the pressure of spikes alongside of scarf drei, future sight, and thundy-t. The team has ways to deal with stall with the use of volt turn and future port to pressure chansey and umbreon especially with hazards.

https://pokepast.es/f5b0defa4ed1324e

:roserade: :cobalion: :hippowdon: :hydreigon: :slowking: :Thundurus-therian:

This team is mainly built around roserade and phys def hippo. roserade provides spikes for the team which pokemon such as thundy-t, SD coba, and scarf drei, it gets many opportunities to throw down spikes against tang, amoonguss, mandibuzz, skarmory, rotom-wash, slowking, and pert and using those spikes it can allow the team to pressure them later on.

Phys def hippo with sand force allows the team to have a better zydog MU and allows roserade to have reliably healing in synthesis which with sand stream would be limited. It spreads toxic and hazards to wear the opposing team down further and especially if it lands toxic on pokemon such as tang, slowking, and opposing hippo as this allows SD coba to go to town. Boots make sure that hippo is still a stable counter to deal with opposing hazard stack physical mons such as zydog, SD coba, most of CB lycan-d moves besides CC, and maybe some more.

Coba is here to deal with the zarude, scizor, jirachi, phys def tang (lacking SE hits), and can take on meteor beam nihi which is a pain for this team. It is able to force a ton of progress against teams relying on stuff such as tang, skarm, hippo to take the hits as with spikes, toxic, and hazards it can just overwhelm them and especially with a justified boost which is not the hardest thing to achieve consideirng how much knock off is spammed.

Thundy-t forms a volt turn core with hydreigon as everything hydreigon fails to beat such as togekiss, prim, azu, celesteela,mandi, etc thundy-t can help it by forcing them out by volt switching on them or theatening a knock. Thundy-t also pairs extreemly well with cobalion as awnsers such as av tang, amoonguss, zarude, and chansey as it can nuke them by using them as setup fother. It also loves abusing spikes as most of the awnsers are grounded and take so much chip as a result

Scarf drei is speed control and its used over diggersby since it outspeeds +2 steela and can nuke it with fire blast which otherwise this team gets abused by a lot. Mentioned before but it abuses spikes since most of its awnsers take damage from it which allows it to clean late game.

Calm slowking is the wall of this team and helps to deal with moltres, nidoqueen, keldeo, and azelf which calm is used for to tank energy ball better. Slowking is able to pivot in coba or rose in a lot since pokemon such as tang, bulu, mandibuzz, CM prim, NP azelf, and daunt want to switch into it and it can pivot out to those pokemon. Boots slowking allows it to be able to sustain itself muhc better in hazard vs hazard wars esp when everything is littered with spikes and it will take so much damage over the course of a match

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1671550926
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1670656648
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1671542195-vwcioc7vpwwndmcof0u6np65s2vn803pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1670741819-g5qxwvbw34z9ul0cnluzy7umy5k43lapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1669895112-bndp88bf0f96k3lducx7osfd7c7rsl5pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1674235242

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Haven't post in decades.. so I'd like to share some teams that worked for me..

:froslass::krookodile::celesteela::necrozma::polteageist::salamence:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet / Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- Meteor Beam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Photon Geyser
- X-Scissor
- Heat Wave

Polteageist @ Focus Sash / Wise Glasses / Normal Gem
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Hyper Beam / Substitute

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
:froslass::krookodile::cobalion::polteageist::salamence::azumarill:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet / Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Polteageist @ Focus Sash / Wise Glasses / Normal Gem
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Hyper Beam / Substitute

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Back again with some HO to mess around the ladder and make people mad (#BringBackLightClay). Those HO, like most HOs, are pretty straightforward. Those two teams are based around Froslass + Krookodile to pressure defensives core based around things like AV Tangrowth, Amoonguss, Bootless Slowking etc..Both Krookodile and Froslass are running Taunt in order to prevent opponent's lead to be annoying and it's also really nice to shut down things like Chansey or bulky Defog Salamence. I tend to prefer Rocky Helmet > Focus Sash on Krookodile since it allows it to win its 1v1 vs Excadrill in basically every single scenario. You just need to Taunt --> EQ --> Stealth Rock 99% of the time and Excadrill will just KO itself on the Rapid Spin, preventing it to remove the Stealth Rocks. Froslass is another Pokemon I've been using a lot in my recent Spikes HO because I feel like it brings so much value to those teams. I found Ice + Ghost coverage pretty filthy and really great to pressure things like Hatterene (which always want to bounce back your Spikes), Slowking, Tangrowth, Salamence. Shadow Ball coverage is also quite nice for Steel-types such as Cobalion / Scizor. Both team have Shell Smash Polteageist which is a fucking nuisance that can win some match on preview. The last slot is up to you. I think Giga Drain is quite useless in the current metagame. In the first team, I tend to run Hyper Beam which is really great to beat Dark-types which opens door for DD Necrozma in the back. Normal Gem ensure the OHKO on both Mandibuzz and physical defensive Umbreon at +2. All other Dark-types (Krookodile, Hydreigon or Zarude) are nuked by a regular +2 Hyper Beam. On the second one, Substitute has been the move I used the most alongside Wise Glasses. It allows Polteageist to setup on things like Chansey with ease and to run over teams that would rely on Toxik/Thunder Wave to cripple it. Choice Scarf Salamence is something the team need to have in order to be able to pressure other Choice Scarf users such as Hydreigon or setup sweeper like DD Gyarados.

• On the first team DD Necrozma and Autotomize Celesteela complete each others quite nicely. I don't like -spd on Necrozma so that's why I'm running Adamant > Naughty. I'm also running Timid Celesteela in order to outspeed Choice Scarf Rotom-Wash and Choice Scarf Darmanitan (which otherwise could RK with ease).
• On the second team I've been using a set of Cobalion I saw during a SCL match if I remembered correctly. I did the spread on my own tho. It allows Cobalion to outspeed regular defensive Salamence and to outspeed at +2 things like Choice Scarf Keldeo and Zarude or Modest Venusaur under the Sun. Last but not least BD Azumarill act as a cleaner or breaker for Salamence to clean. Both Azumarill and Polteageist force Pokemon which can be abused by Cobalion (like Dark-types such as Zarude).

:conkeldurr::chansey::nihilego::jirachi::salamence::krookodile:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport
- Seismic Toss

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot / Hex

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dual Wingbeat
- Flamethrower

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Darkest Lariat
- Thunder Fang
A classic Conkeldurr squad alongside Wish Jirachi. Conkeldurr has almost no switch-in and Thunder Wave + Teleport Chansey helps it to cripple faster foes and bring it in safety on the field. Jirachi is a great pivot and a great answer to things like Nihilego or Defog Salamence. My own Nihilego acts as the Stealth Rock setter, Hex can be played in order to punish things like Cobalion which would like to come on Chansey and be paralyzed by T-Wave. Defog Mence is really classic. Dual Wingbeat is needed for the Keldeo and to a lesser extent the Venusaur Sun match up. Last but not least Krookodile to revenge kill things like Gyarados while bringing a useful Dark + Ground-type to the squad.

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think Giga Drain is quite useless in the current metagame.
I disagree with this. Giga Drain prevents Polteageist from being walled by Krookodile (though you acknowledge that Hyper Beam deals with this), as well as Quagsire. While I acknowledge that Giga-less Poleteageist is viable, as it stands you have no way to consistently deal with Quagsire making the Stall matchup extremely difficult, as relying on Hyper Beam to deal with Quagsire isn't amazing. Hyper Beam also lets bulkier things like Articuno heal themselves in front of Polteageist, which isn't great. Should the user choose to use Substitute over Hyper Beam, Quagsire, and to a lesser extent Umbreon, just sits on your entire team, making Stall a near auto-lose matchup.
You also do not have Gyarados on either team, and I stand by Gyarados being almost mandatory on every Hyper Offence team for the breaking power it provides.
Lastly, Choice Scarf Salamence is surely not optimal on Hyper Offence, as being choice-locked into a move such as Dragon Claw or Earthquake is incredibly bad and just lets things like Skarmory, Articuno, and RestTalk Primarina into the field and allows them to heal themselves.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I disagree with this. Giga Drain prevents Polteageist from being walled by Krookodile (though you acknowledge that Hyper Beam deals with this), as well as Quagsire. While I acknowledge that Giga-less Poleteageist is viable, as it stands you have no way to consistently deal with Quagsire making the Stall matchup extremely difficult, as relying on Hyper Beam to deal with Quagsire isn't amazing. Hyper Beam also lets bulkier things like Articuno heal themselves in front of Polteageist, which isn't great. Should the user choose to use Substitute over Hyper Beam, Quagsire, and to a lesser extent Umbreon, just sits on your entire team, making Stall a near auto-lose matchup.
You also do not have Gyarados on either team, and I stand by Gyarados being almost mandatory on every Hyper Offence team for the breaking power it provides.
Lastly, Choice Scarf Salamence is surely not optimal on Hyper Offence, as being choice-locked into a move such as Dragon Claw or Earthquake is incredibly bad and just lets things like Skarmory, Articuno, and RestTalk Primarina into the field and allows them to heal themselves.
252+ SpA Polteageist Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Quagsire: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Wise Glasses Polteageist Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Quagsire: 219-258 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Polteageist Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 231-272 (58.6 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

1. Quagsire doesn't deal ever with Polteageist, even if it lacks Giga Drain.
  2. Articuno Stall are not common at all at the moment. Articuno barely reach 1% usage in the ladder last month (0.83% and 0.46% for high and super high ladder) and have seen 0 usage in SCL. People tend to opt for much more meta Defogger such as Skarmory / Salamence which are getting wrecked by Polteageist.
  3. It's a Spikes HO. Things like Krookodile, Primarina and even Skarmory will struggle to stay healthy with Entry Hazards up + Taunt support from both Froslass and Krookodile. First team nukes them with Celesteela + Necrozma, second one is a bit tougher but definitively managable.

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Quagsire doesn't deal ever with Polteageist, even if it lacks Giga Drain.
I've been running 168 Special Defence on Quagsire sepcifically for Giga Drain-less Polteageist, though admittedly that is a personal preference.
Articuno Stall are not common at all at the moment. Articuno barely reach 1% usage in the ladder last month (0.83% and 0.46% for high and super high ladder) and have seen 0 usage in SCL. People tend to opt for much more meta Defogger such as Skarmory / Salamence which are getting wrecked by Polteageist.
I'll concede the ladder and SCL usage, but I would argue that Articuno is extremely good on Semi-stall, even being featured on Estarossa's sample team:
:umbreon: :hippowdon: :chansey: :jellicent: :skarmory: :articuno:
Jellicent + Articuno Spikes Semi-Stall by Estarossa
https://pokepast.es/3e645bf835bdf2f0
Things like Krookodile, Primarina and even Skarmory will struggle to stay healthy with Entry Hazards up + Taunt support from both Froslass and Krookodile.
No, they won't. I specifically said that against your team with Choice Scarf Salamence they would recover in front on Salamence, which is absolutely true considering they are immune to its attacks.

Coba + Tang + Washer is literally a broken structure. I wanna submit two teams with the core that ive used in ladder and swiss.

:hippowdon: :cobalion: :hydreigon: :crobat: :tangrowth: :rotom-wash:
https://pokepast.es/bc9735169ed56cec
As the name says this team uses HYDREIGON SPECS to break defensive cores, we use sleep talk in this team to function as a moong switchin. Rotom and Crobat form a VoltTurn core to bring hydra in targets like opposing rotoms and amoonguss while compressing a defog and speed control. Tangrowth brings an actual prim switchin to our flimsy water and fairy resists and also knock off, Hippo complements it perfectly by being a volt blocker to better handle the electrics and set the rocks up reliably, they both statcheck so much stuff like scarfhyd and diggersby. Finally Cobalion brings a dragon resist and scizor counter, we can afford to use iron head since we have rocks elsewhere to potentially lure primarina for hydra and beat Hatterene which is an issue for the team. Opposing hydras are an issue but i feel this is a p balanced team. A replay of me using the team on swiss below.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1674950422-8fy8jyrgdvbbq6dxuiirbf6boohaginpw

:cobalion: :chandelure: :rotom-wash: :diggersby: :tangrowth: :celesteela:
https://pokepast.es/097fb560d4d2d13f
I originally made this team during the uu teambuilding competition but I've started to like it and use it more, Ive also seen this used by other ppl but i just wanna mention my experience w it. It follows similar building principles to the last one, Cobalion is the stealth rocker of choice, counters scizor and can pose a threat, Chandelure is the balance breaker it scares the grasses and will-o-wisp can be horribly crippling, especially for nihilego which would otherwise counter, also getting a burn on hippo actually lets cobalion easily 1v1 the fat ground-type. Diggersby and Rotom form a VoltTurn core to bring chandy in front of targets it loves like the grasses, speed control + defog. Tangrowth acts as a catch all for many special attacks, mainly keldeo. and finally Celesteela shores up the mu vs many annoying mons for the team, mainly Hippowdon, Hatter and Togekiss while also spreading more status for chandy to abuse. Heres a replay of the team in action.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1665486283-af1i020z5m8tyh0q3gyytmqd9hn5ap6pw

And finally another team with will chandelure cus yes its that amazing of a mon IMO.
:chansey: :chandelure: :scizor: :rotom-wash: :salamence: :zygarde-10%:
https://pokepast.es/a93f225a84e3c666
This team throws status everywhere to aid Chandelure as much as possible, a willo + taunt set is used to shore up an otherwise very mid stall matchup in my opinion but protect is also viable here. Zygarde here is another source of damage especially vs offense which chandy struggles against, and they gang up on hippo very nicely. Chansey is chosen as Stealth Rocker that also spreads status, since we are using a very frail volt immune Chansey complements it nicely by switching into thund and rotoms more reliably, it also owns hydra which chandy hates. Hazard removal is mandatory with chans so Salamence is here to help, it also beats the fighters for chansey. Finally an offensive-defensive core of washtom + scizor rounds the team out, they cover threats which own the other 4 like Mamoswine and can also bring our breakers into the field safely. (Knock off is also added here) No replays with this one but its p good.

:Diggersby: :Lycanroc-Dusk: :Rotom-Wash: :Cobalion: :Salamence: :Chansey: (Link)
This is something I made quite a while ago, but sort of fixed up a bit for this. I like playing with Lycanroc-D, its a very fun mon to just kill offense with and I think it complements Diggersby very well by revenge killing mons they struggle with for each other like Gyarados and Zygarde-10%. Rotom-W is there for being able to get them in on easy stuff like Chansey and Amoonguss for Cobalion

I had a bit of trouble deciding on what Cobalion should focus on but I decided safety goggles sd rocker was the play to keep Amoonguss under wraps. Salamence is its a defogger for Chansey and cause it can force Zygarde-10 in an uncomfortable position and click moves it doesn't ordinarily want to. It's still kind of a pain in the ass like it is for a lot of teams like this but at least it's workable. Chansey is just cause..... its the blanket special check that doesn't make me insta lose to something like Azelf, Hydreigon, and Primarina, while still having some form of momentum available.

Queen of Bean

is a Community Contributor
UUPL Champion
:diggersby: :sylveon: :noivern: :tangrowth: :cobalion: :tentacruel:
https://pokepast.es/aa4585be73ce35ce

this is a team i made recently around choice band diggersby, i like that set because it can beat some of its counters like skarm. noivern is there because itts nice for pivoting in diggersby and can also get momentum on zarude. diggs and tenta get chipped down easily and dont like status so sylveon rememdies that aswell as being a decent blanket check to things and supporting trans rights. you have to be a bit careful around ho teams, but you do have the tools to handle it with diggs quick attack being a good revenge killing option and also you have haze tenta so things like steela dont sweep you. cobas there for rocks, another pivot and a scizor answer and tang is another blanket check to things that it also sures up the zydog matchup a bit.

:slowbro-galar: :celesteela: :tapu bulu: :rotom-wash: :hydreigon: :hippowdon:
https://pokepast.es/33c2abd7e2a08970

this is a team built around grassy seed glowbro, i thought that set was super cool because aswell as giving a defense boost from the grassy seed you weaken damage from knock offs by losing the item aswell as weakening earthquake with grassy terain. of course i had to pair it with a tapu bulu for the terrain and i decided to use a defensive set and go for a more semistally route with the team with glowbro as a win condition. hippowdon and rotom set and remove hazards aswell as providing a water type and a volt immune for the team. i thought celesteela patched up some weaknesses the team had and added a scarf hydreigon to finish off for some speed control and revenge killing things like autotomize celesteela and other ho threats.

:keldeo: :nidoking: :chansey: :jirachi: :salamence: :zarude:
https://pokepast.es/44579b0431330b4d

i decided to build this team around the wonderful offensive core of flip turn keldeo + nidoking. keldeo flip turns on grasses and salamence and can go into nidoking to get huge damage off into them with its sludge wave which opens the game up for the scarf zarude and keldeo. jirachi seemed like a nice addition to wish up my offensive threats when they get low aswell as pivoting them in with u turn and being a general nuisance with iron head flinches. chansey is a blanket special check which appreciates the presence of salamence as a fighting resist and physical wall, and these two together provide a nice defensive core to support our offensive pokes

:chansey: :conkeldurr: :zarude: :scizor: :nidoqueen: :salamence:
https://pokepast.es/e9817ebda1babb6a

wow another team using a wisher to keep things healthy. this ones built around close combat conkeldurr which basically has no switchins uness you have a salamence, the one problem with running close combat conk is that it dies really fast to chip damage but chansey sures up that weakness with wish support aswell as doing the usual chansey things in walling every special attacker in the meta. theres again a salamence just because those two pair so nicely together and it is the defogger for the team. nidoqueen is the rocker aswell as hitting really hard and being a volt immunity.i put zarude as speed control and a pivot that can get conk in on tang ans skarm which it can break thanks to close combat . scizor can also help revenge kill and on occasion sweep with sd, its also the teams steel type.

:chansey: :mantine: :slowbro-galar: :nihilego: :skarmory: :quagsire:
https://pokepast.es/deb0c3c8d8b49854

i think glowbro is a cool mon as a win condition on stall so i wanted to build around that. to start i added the usual suspects on stall in chansey and skarm which wall a huge portion of the meta, and a quagsire to help deal with setup sweepers. nihilego seemed to fit as it provodes rocks aswell as knocking things off. originally i had something else over mantine but i shared this team with pif and he thought we were a bit keldeo weak so swapped that for what was there (i forgot what it was kek) he also changed some of the evs spreads around so if this becomes a sample make sure to say it was edited by him thanks :)

Last edited:
Trick Mantis

:scizor: :conkeldurr: :mesprit: :Marowak-alola: :porygon2: :celesteela:
https://pokepast.es/f3936495b4b2644f

This is not really my team, it's a modification of the Indigo Plateau original that gained immense popularity end of last year, but I made some tweaks to better fit the Hippo meta and I think it turned into a very solid TR option. It's had a lot of success across various tours this year, and I've shared it with others like Cam who have also used it with moderate success in tours. It consistently does what it's supposed to do, and is fairly easy to use. If you add it as a sample team credit IP though since it's mostly his team modified. If you're wondering about the Steela EVs, it's to be slower than standard Conk so you can Air Slash under TR, and still fast enough to outspeed most everything after an Auto so you can use it at TR's last turn.

---

Double Knock Spikes Stack Sciz

:scizor: :skarmory: :reuniclus: :hydreigon: :nihilego: :diggersby:
https://pokepast.es/2e26a3ad4aebf16c

This is probably the most successful team I've built this year. I originally built it for TJ to use in UUSD and he won with it, and since then a lot of people have used it in subsequent tours, including myself and TJ multiple times. I actually don't think I've every lost with this team in a tour, or if I did it must have been only once out of like 10+ games. There's no removal because it's a classic hazard stacking team, but instead of being defensive oriented it's very offensive with a solid defensive core. There's no real solid weaknesses here and the Hydreigon is actually an MVP with this spread. S/O Crushy for helping me build this one a while back.

---

Conkderp Molters

:Conkeldurr: :Diggersby: :Moltres: :Tangrowth: :Cobalion: :Necrozma:
https://pokepast.es/ca343ed3a744c974

This is another popular team I made during UUSD for TJ to use v. umbry. He won that game, and the team has been really popular since, being used in multiple UU tours and also had use in slam poffs and other officials by various people. It's a very simple offensive team with multiple things to win with that also allows you enough freedom to pivot around some common threats with Tang and Moltres. Necro should win most games on its own with WP and Heat Wave as not much is going to stop it, and alternatively Conk will win against anything Necro can't. I've seen other versions of this team on the ladder as well (before ladder died).

---

Legendary HO

:Scizor: :Celesteela: :Incineroar: :Starmie: :Tangrowth: :Excadrill:
https://pokepast.es/99a7d14fa03a116f

This team is really funny. I made it for myself to use against Adaam in UULT Poffs, and I've never lost with it since then. It's also TeamCharm 's favorite team, as he used it in every single round in both UU Swiss and UU LCQ except for the rounds he lost (so he went like 10-0 combined with this team in those tours), and he also won with it in UULT Poffs as well. Besides him and me I'm not aware of many other people using it, and it's a bit harder to pilot out of the other teams. But it's a lot of fun to use, and with SS UU over it's a nice fun team to pick up for room tours etc.

---

Final Metal Dog (PTPL W6)

:Slowbro-Galar: :Cobalion: :Umbreon: :Diggersby: :Mantine: :Tapu Bulu:
https://pokepast.es/d6ba4a449e303bc3
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1704405457-lqvovx49g65x95komb90ow0oktwh1hcpw

If you are really itching to play a 600 turn game, then this is the team for you (see replay above). This team is very quirky, not exactly stall, but has many elements of it attached to some wincons and general breaking with a solid defensive backbone which allows you to really navigate a long game well. Bulu helps you maintain your position against common stallbreakers like Conk and Crawdaunt, and terrain helps you more easily manage Mamoswine.

---

Leggo my Regi

:Regieleki: :Cobalion: :Skarmory: :Nihilego: :Tangrowth: :Hippowdon:
https://pokepast.es/558b669ad4b227c8

This is a no-nonsense no BS type of team designed around wearing down any potential checks to Regieleki, since most teams are actually ill-equipped to handle it once their ground type is compromised. Eleki also lets you outspeed weather sweepers and scarfers (pretty much all of them), and teapot at +2 (just don't hit it for +3). If you have patience, you should be able to slowly wittle everything down with sand + toxic damage and then close it out. Use Coba as an emergency one time pivot. I've used it a few times in tours, ladder, etc., all with fairly good success.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
Trick Mantis

:scizor: :conkeldurr: :mesprit: :Marowak-alola: :porygon2: :celesteela:
https://pokepast.es/f3936495b4b2644f

This is not really my team, it's a modification of the Indigo Plateau original that gained immense popularity end of last year, but I made some tweaks to better fit the Hippo meta and I think it turned into a very solid TR option. It's had a lot of success across various tours this year, and I've shared it with others like Cam who have also used it with moderate success in tours. It consistently does what it's supposed to do, and is fairly easy to use. If you add it as a sample team credit IP though since it's mostly his team modified. If you're wondering about the Steela EVs, it's to be slower than standard Conk so you can Air Slash under TR, and still fast enough to outspeed most everything after an Auto so you can use it at TR's last turn.

---

Double Knock Spikes Stack Sciz

:scizor: :skarmory: :reuniclus: :hydreigon: :nihilego: :diggersby:
https://pokepast.es/2e26a3ad4aebf16c

This is probably the most successful team I've built this year. I originally built it for TJ to use in UUSD and he won with it, and since then a lot of people have used it in subsequent tours, including myself and TJ multiple times. I actually don't think I've every lost with this team in a tour, or if I did it must have been only once out of like 10+ games. There's no removal because it's a classic hazard stacking team, but instead of being defensive oriented it's very offensive with a solid defensive core. There's no real solid weaknesses here and the Hydreigon is actually an MVP with this spread. S/O Crushy for helping me build this one a while back.

---

Conkderp Molters

:Conkeldurr: :Diggersby: :Moltres: :Tangrowth: :Cobalion: :Necrozma:
https://pokepast.es/ca343ed3a744c974

This is another popular team I made during UUSD for TJ to use v. umbry. He won that game, and the team has been really popular since, being used in multiple UU tours and also had use in slam poffs and other officials by various people. It's a very simple offensive team with multiple things to win with that also allows you enough freedom to pivot around some common threats with Tang and Moltres. Necro should win most games on its own with WP and Heat Wave as not much is going to stop it, and alternatively Conk will win against anything Necro can't. I've seen other versions of this team on the ladder as well (before ladder died).

---

Legendary HO

:Scizor: :Celesteela: :Incineroar: :Starmie: :Tangrowth: :Excadrill:
https://pokepast.es/99a7d14fa03a116f

This team is really funny. I made it for myself to use against Adaam in UULT Poffs, and I've never lost with it since then. It's also TeamCharm 's favorite team, as he used it in every single round in both UU Swiss and UU LCQ except for the rounds he lost (so he went like 10-0 combined with this team in those tours), and he also won with it in UULT Poffs as well. Besides him and me I'm not aware of many other people using it, and it's a bit harder to pilot out of the other teams. But it's a lot of fun to use, and with SS UU over it's a nice fun team to pick up for room tours etc.

---

Final Metal Dog (PTPL W6)

:Slowbro-Galar: :Cobalion: :Umbreon: :Diggersby: :Mantine: :Tapu Bulu:
https://pokepast.es/d6ba4a449e303bc3
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1704405457-lqvovx49g65x95komb90ow0oktwh1hcpw

If you are really itching to play a 600 turn game, then this is the team for you (see replay above). This team is very quirky, not exactly stall, but has many elements of it attached to some wincons and general breaking with a solid defensive backbone which allows you to really navigate a long game well. Bulu helps you maintain your position against common stallbreakers like Conk and Crawdaunt, and terrain helps you more easily manage Mamoswine.

---

Leggo my Regi

:Regieleki: :Cobalion: :Skarmory: :Nihilego: :Tangrowth: :Hippowdon:
https://pokepast.es/558b669ad4b227c8

This is a no-nonsense no BS type of team designed around wearing down any potential checks to Regieleki, since most teams are actually ill-equipped to handle it once their ground type is compromised. Eleki also lets you outspeed weather sweepers and scarfers (pretty much all of them), and teapot at +2 (just don't hit it for +3). If you have patience, you should be able to slowly wittle everything down with sand + toxic damage and then close it out. Use Coba as an emergency one time pivot. I've used it a few times in tours, ladder, etc., all with fairly good success.
by popular demand here is the legendary HO highlight reel of every replay I could find - these are all Swiss lcq or Lt

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-630724

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1661256005-7y5dlb7bshgd3jdhsyabrnmas1zl7jnpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1663694342-ugf6ag0xr9ef9ranbijuiym8e9a8ip6pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1669274745-8yb132ti9478bf43grlide69qke2zrrpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1677088460-pxx6hj68jyzn5ojk4ga3qzg5pd30lyopw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1689565548-m0j65vb0vj9rmfkq15jy91hvbx7za7tpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1701033952

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)