Resource SS UU Sample Teams (Crown Tundra)

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
New set of Sample teams for the Mienshao Suspect test metagame! Ty to everyone who submitted both here and internally, I'll be providing rejection reasons for anything we didn't take (including the ones from last time too) tomorrow at some point during the day.

Scarf Darmanitan + Healing Wish Hatterene Sun by KSt3ve:

Spikes Roserade + Life Orb Starmie VoltTurn by Celebiii:

Lycanroc-Dusk + Choice Specs Hydreigon BO by KSt3ve:

Choice Band Zygarde-10% + Moltres Zarude BO by Freeroamer:

Life Orb Mienshao + Expert Belt Azelf BO by Askov:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
I'm gonna do this in two parts, for the previous two shifts with rejection reasons. Please hmu on Discord if you have any more questions about any of these, will always be happy to answer.

SD Spin Drill Hazard Stack

Pokepast up there :)
Main issue we had with this team was that the Aegislash matchup was really quite bad for a sample team and we weren't too comfortable with it. Me and Twilight played around with the team build a little and felt that going Amoonguss + G-molt > Tang + Molt could help improve this team, but felt it was too many changes compared to the original team to bother with, especially since we wanted to make Exca Scarf too for more speed control.

Have a team that I wanna share for the community, Click the sprites for the Importable, Don’t mind if the post does not look great since this is my first Smogon Post

Zarude + Sylveon Balance
View attachment 386973View attachment 386974View attachment 386975View attachment 386977View attachment 386978View attachment 386979
Biggest glaring issue off the bat with this team was that it was kinda just a do-nothing balance team with no real progress making ability or win conditions. Team relies too much on hazards to get anywhere while not really having the defensive staying power of a more semi-stally build that can afford this.

NP Thundy + LO Mamo Hazard Stack
This was another really Aegislash weak team which we weren't fond of. The team arguably had trouble dealing with special attackers like Moltres that could bypass Tangrowth as a SpD pivot too, and I felt like this team might struggle to make the progress you'd want if the opponent can fog vs you, which isn't too difficult versus a few members of your team. Don't think the Sash exca made sense here over a lefties set, and you mighta preferred something like a Nihi anyway for the Moltres brothers and woulda liked to explore a pivot Thundy instead.

Again another team with Aegislash issues, though this time only realistically to SubTox sets cause of the mandi. I did agree that Excadrill could be threatening here on paper but it was definitely something the user could play around somewhat thanks to mandi and shao, but it certainly had the opportunities to be dangerous with free turns and flinches. Pif made some comments on Conk and Prim potentially getting troublesome, as prim could get dangerous with hazards + a burn onto glowbro, while we had some issues with the pivot Thundy matchup too. This was a very cool premise team at the time though and we all thought it was a neat idea :)

This team had some glaring issues with role compression off the bat. This team was a fine example of why overcompression of roles backfires sometimes, with both a SR + Teleport Chansey and a Spikes + Defog Skarmory. This Skarmory set is fine on more semi-stally builds that benefit from the Spikestacking and option to emergency fog, noteably here on this team though this Skarmory has to spend effort keeping Rocks off for Tornadus and just can't really benefit from Spikes while losing on the value of something like Toxic / Whirlwind, this ends up backfiring a lot when you look at stuff like the NP Thundy matchup where both Chansey and Skarmory aren't running Toxic for it, making it a lot harder to play around both pivot and NP in general, even with the torn to potentially revenge it.

View attachment 387452View attachment 387453View attachment 387454View attachment 387455View attachment 387456View attachment 387457

While we weren't immediately against adding Dhelmise to a sample team as we believe there's actually two viable niches it fills in this tier depending on the set: either a spinblocker thats great vs exca or a trapper that can trap shit like skarm/tang, we tfelt this team didn't really need its spinblocking uses since like you have skarm anyway. A different grass type would definitely benefit this team more, and if you wanted to take the dhelmise spinblocker approach I'd look more at the HS team that used dhelmise (KM mentioned this at least I don't have the replay myself).

View attachment 387458View attachment 387461View attachment 387462View attachment 387463View attachment 387464View attachment 387465

SubCM Keldeo was kinda at a very low point at the time of this submission with Slowking being so rampant and I wasn't too hot on a sample featuring that set anyway cause of its issues at the time. In general we also felt that this teams Primarina matchup was horrible with the Keld and Hyd giving it way too many chances, on top of obviously hard losing to CM Slowking and having general huge Slowking issues.

View attachment 387471View attachment 387473View attachment 387465View attachment 387475View attachment 387461View attachment 387476

We basically didn't want to sample a team with Glaceon here regardless of any other issues with the team, as it is (and was) unranked on the VR and didn't really offer any particular huge niches to justify running it unless you specifically wanted to build around it, while it did see one usage from Lily, even Lily kinda agreed here that its just not really a mon we should be having on samples. Aside from this this was another team that sorta disregarded Aegislash entirely.

View attachment 387503View attachment 387502View attachment 387507View attachment 387505View attachment 387506View attachment 387453

We didn't like this stall much, while Spikes + Articuno is a cool stall idea that sits at the top of the stall hierachy in terms of stall vs stall matchups and is fantastic at pressuring out opposing fogs and having a lovely opposing stall mu, there were some things we didn't like about this one (say compared to my old semi stall sample with this concept). We didn't really like the Lack of a regen mon like Shao which made it harder for this team to deal with more momentum heavy stuff, team also lacked a form of win con which aint essential but when you are running Toxic-less Umbreon and a bunch of passive mons this kinda hurts, and is something CM Slowking easily combines with the previous bit. On the topic of Toxi-less Umbreon, didn't really think the Haze Cuno was necessary here especially with a Quag and would much rather have seen Toxic Umbreon, which also helps you in something like the NP Heal Bell Togekiss matchup alongside a Haze Quagsire, but just generally gives you a huge offensive bonus in terms of offensive pressure and makes it a more effective wish passer too, while cuno is obv a nice heal beller with pressure anyway.
View attachment 387528View attachment 387473View attachment 387475View attachment 387529View attachment 387530View attachment 387531

There were a couple of issues with this one. Primarily the team is reall yslow with just a 4 attacks jirachi helping to cover up for this (no idea why it was running Ice Punch honestly). Skarmory could also get irritating since it walled like everything here. Team was also very weak to Tang in all honesty, with you so reliant on Mandi for it that its inevitibly getting Slduge Poisoned and Knocked making stuff like Aegislash absolutely terrifying for you especially specs (subtox variants of would be a bit threatening either way anyway since diancie/rachi/slowking are vulnerable to it and diancie has limited PP on heal bell and doesn't rly wanna tackle it head on to remove toxic from mandi)
Gonna throw the comments into the quote on this one instead of doing 5 different quotes.
Another submission!

CM Raikou Semi Stall

:ss/raikou: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/chansey: :ss/slowking: :ss/celesteela: :ss/excadrill:

https://pokepast.es/1bfb5f6f537ca30d
We didn't really wanna sample a subcm raikou team here, kinda arse set in general but didn't feel it fit on asemi stall sorta team at all and quite a few of us honestly didn't even think the mon deserves to be ranked. Looking past this issue we could see Aergislash being fairly threatening to this team too if steela can be weakened, maybe some potential issues with stuff like NP Thundy too.

This team was extremely weak to Amoonguss on preview: to put it into perspective your Azu/Pert have huge issues with it, Rachi doesn't like it much even with zhb cause of helm + regen, and you physically can't switch into it beyond letting Mence get spred/poisoned, tang really makes this a lot worse too with such easy entries for it. This team would need to better explore ways to deal with it on paper in a rebuild imo, while the concept is ok besides this (except maybe a weak gknot thundy mu?) i think this is a pretty big deal breaker.

Ty again to everyone who submitted teams. I'm pretty happy with the amount of Samples we have atm but will continue to leave this thread open for now incase there is anything eyecatching people submit!

Specs Azelf + SD Tapu Bulu BO
Note: Replays have moves or sets that are not in the final team, so I apologize if this any confusion whatsoever, also, please don’t mind the game chat please
1639964785553.png1639964797307.png1639964805164.png1639964814602.png1639964822911.png
1639964831975.png

Click the sprites for the importable!

Specs Azelf is neat breaker that can take advantage of popular mons such as Mienshao, Chansey, Amoonguss, and Thundurus-T that otherwise the team would struggle with, SD Tapu Bulu is another wallbreaker that can synergize from Azelf as it pressures Skarmory and Amoonguss for it so that it them later on, and mainly deals with Dark Types and faster threats for Azelf in turn, Skarmory brings in Spikes that can become annoying to handle, and a emergency check to Azelf’s own checks if Tapu Bulu is out, Excadrill provides a check to Nihilego that would 6-0 the team, Toxic to cripple Tangrowth, and Stealth Rock to form a hazard stacking core with Skarmory that becomes problematic as the game goes on, Rock Tomb is here to both hit Moltres, and Thundurus-T, and slow down any switch-ins that it’s teammates synergize from, Mandibuzz forms a pivot core with Azelf as Mandibuzz can safely bring in it, and provide Knock Off support to cripple Chansey, while also bringing us a check to Aegislash and Dragon Dance Gyarados, Tentacruel finally provides reliable hazard control, a check to Azumarill, and additional Knock Off Support.

1300+ Replays

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to post a quick team I've used recently on ladder but played as far back as SCL

Gen8ishard
179293.3%2001 ± 48
Ladder is sorta dead but 1800, 93 still shows the team is decent

team: https://pokepast.es/e8befa1c8c652d05

Description: Rain doesn't see much usage on ladder rn, can't speak to tour games. Sun seems to be way more common because of the sample team but rain still feels super easy to just click mindlessly, and to me it honestly felt less matchup prone. After spending some time with the team I'm pretty happy with the sets, most feel somewhat optimized but I'll run through them quickly. This team isn't built to run people over after toed comes in once, in an average game I'd say I play toed rain turns 3-4 times which may feel non-optimal to some people.

Politoed- defensive setter, scald is self explanatory, toxic often just hits slowing because people port out for momentum, ice beam for dd mence often comes in handy late game, and perish song for weird threats like cosmic rachi, dual dance regi (honestly not a great check I could see a case made for encore), threatening cm prim, or the occasional late game kill

Kingdra- Draco, Hcane, Surf self explanatory, I found I didn't need hydros power and flip turn was way better for scaring stuff out and then catching something like slowking into azumarill or thundurus

Azumarill- claims half the time it gets in, nothing remotely likes liquidation in rain. It basically ohkos some prim variants and you can click mindlessly sometimes. Jet is incredibly vital speed control and insanely important in many games. Having a dragon immune is nice and it gets momentum vs many mons like hydrei. Ice punch shreds amoongus and even hits def tang for over half

Amoonguss- The crux of the defensive core. Probably the only thing that makes rain function. 0 speed for tr which rain tends to shred because of azumarill and amoongus. Eject button gives you a ton of momentum in many games if you choose to lead poli (which you will like 80% of the time). Seed bomb is really important over giga for threats like cm sub prim and even raikou which could pose big problems

Excadrill- Can run toxic over sd but I very much prefer sd for late game situations and threatening some mons. Obviously weak vs grasses and cannot touch some mons that resist eq, although at +4 you can still hurt smth like molt with spin lol. Iron head would be nice but I don't know if dropping rocks seems worth it. The special def set in rain tanks so many mons, the speed brings it to 351 after a spin. 361 would be nice but then you sack more spd so didn't seem worth. Really ties this team together

Thundurus T- Threatens a lot and is super strong. I played with so many sets but my favorite was the four attack, nothing really walls it outside of chansey. My second favorite option was knock over psychic but then amoongus becomes incredibly annoying to deal with

Threats:
Amoongus- Stupidly annoying and it often beats my amoongus 1v1 which means smth like exca has to sleep. Tangrowth on the other hand poses 0 issues vs this team
Slowking- Playable considering how much specs mod draco does, as well as tox, zumi, and thund, but it can be a pain
Swampert- Thund doesn't it it too hard, so its mostly an issue on the sun teams it sees usage on
Lycan/Zyg- fast threats that very much threaten the team, luckily amoong and poli eat two arrows. Lycan is harder but it can find trouble getting into the game (espeed and accelrock can threaten late)
Moltres/Gmoltres- Rtalk moltres is the worst if it has spa, but hurricane with secondary stab threatens the team. Agility gmoltres is also problematic somewhat
Strong knock off leads- if you see conk or crawdaunt in the lead slot, don't lead toed. Youll be playing on your back foot after conk knocks eject button from amoongus and then just picks with a facade and whatever move it follows up with. Leading thund or zumi somewhat ammends these mus but both are annoying
Gyarados- Some speed boosters can be annoying, usually you just wanna draco it and rk with azumarill or smth. That or play around waterfall, whip, fang/bounce but it's annoying
Hydreigon- can be annoying late game
Sun- Pert sun is playable but a pain, usually you'll want to catch darm leads with either a specs draco or clicking smth with azumarill. Try to keep sun down because venu will pick whenever it gets in
Strong mons like nido will find ways to threaten

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1503989941-2orvhivzvjoucj73yshugh34mhvtuyspw VS tang slowing
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1500898686-h9yswo3i96vx2gbfvaxwhq9muv69ir8pw vs rose, hydrei, keld, gmolt
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1501427598-8uuw8oi88tplq7xwujyep7xqoe9wvnopw vs amoongus, slowking, hydrei

Last edited by a moderator:

Estarossa

moo?
C&C Leader
We have done a new update for the Sample teams now that UUSD is over! We've archived a few of the more outdated teams, done a few updates to the pre-existing teams (make sure to update your versions if you are using the old versions of the Freeroamer or Askov teams), and added a couple of new teams featuring new up and coming risers within the tier and VR that have seen solid use lately such as Salazzle and TR. Thank you to everyone who submitted :)

Marowak-Alola + Moltres-Galar Trick Room by Indigo Plateau:

Choice Specs Vanilluxe + Expert Belt Azelf BO by Lily:

Life Orb Mamoswine + Salazzle BO by Lily:

Lycanroc-D + Offensive Salamence BO by HydreigonTheChild:

Estarossa

moo?
C&C Leader
We are currently very much looking for sample team submissions! In particular we are very interested in getting a new Stall team to replace the archived one, and some a new balance team or two too. Feel free to submit :)

Including rejection reasons for any samples not include as always, ty for your submissions!

GXE - Rain is definitely an interesting playstyle but we internally agreed that we don't want to sample any Rain teams at the current time as they just got Unranked on the VR on our recent update and are generally viewed as one of the weaker "fishes" atm compared to stuff like Sun and TR.

Arxtric - The Samples team felt this team was far too weak to Thundurus-T, as well as some other threats like Moltres. Some people also felt the team was a bit too slow to justify only using Azelf as speed control, and there are also some more minor concerns to do with some of the sets being a bit eh (azelf / exca mainly).

https://pokepast.es/38f1ed49111b4c51

Team description:
This team is built to be able to easily wear down your opponent. krook and mence cover each other's weaknesses nicely, aside from ice and fairy, but the other team members. Mence can handle pokemon like zarude and keldeo, who usually threaten krook, and krook can threaten pokemon like nihilego and lycanroc that would threaten mence. Scarf krook is also a pretty good krookodile set atm, since with intimidate it can get in easier on some faster and frailer physical threats, such as zydog, and then often2hko them or at least remove their item or the item of whatever switches in to take the hit from krook. Cobalion is the stealth rock setter of choice, since it has an amazing speed tier of 108, and has access to a solid pivot move. Thundurus is here in order to provide some more speed control and to have reliable ways to get in Krookodile, to provide even more knock off support, and also just have a threatening offensive presence as well. Primarina and Amoongus are here since they both provide great defensive synergy. Primarina can switch in to the fighting attacks that krook and cobalion don't particularly enjoy taking hits from, and also sponge fire type attacks that cobalion and amoongus aren't big fans of. Amoongus has good defensive synergy with primarina, being able to take thegrass, electric, and poison attacks aimed at it fairly well, and also resisting fairy attacks, which is really nice for krook and mence. The main win condition for this team is to wear down your opponents with stealth rock and volt switch damage, then clean up with either Krook or thundy. With how well these pokemon pair together defensively, it shouldn't be a problem to wear down your opponent.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
We are currently very much looking for sample team submissions! In particular we are very interested in getting a new Stall team to replace the archived one, and some a new balance team or two too. Feel free to submit :)

https://pokepast.es/66257458eff0c258

Team description:

This is a semistall or stall team that has the normal fittings of a stall team: hazard control (Salamence and Hatterene), item removal (Seismitoad), cleric support (Heal Bell/Aromatherapy Chansey) and consistent counters to the top threats in the tier. In A+ (there are no S threats), - Zarude is countered by Salamence and Registeel, Slowking and Primarina are countered by Chansey, Thundurus is countered by Tapu-Bulu, Excadrill is countered by Salamence, Amoonguss has obvious counters, and Aegislash is countered by a combination of Salamence, Chansey, Registeel, and Seismitoad.

Unlike most stall teams, it can fit two complimentary win conditions: Hatterene and Chinese/demon Registeel. Hatterene does a decent job vs Aegislash teams because it can beat most Aegislash trying to counter her, which obviously helps Registeel sweep. Registeel can set up and defeat the majority of the metagame and is thus a large looming threat and contributes to the team's bulk.

Unconventionally, there is no Wish support because it was too hard to fit and Tapu Bulu provides Grassy Surge support at least. Weaknesses include Mamoswine, which requires Grassy Surge to be up to counter with Registeel or else Seismitoad may have to be sacked, Nasty Plot Heal Bell Togekiss, which beats the entire team if it gets enough flinches on Registeel, and Polteageist, which can take out three Pokemon at least if Chansey has to try and counter by Toxicing.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
pokepaste:zygarde-10%: :cobalion: :slowking: :tentacruel: :thundurus-therian: :moltres-galar: pokepaste

Bulky Offense to support Moltres-Galar/Zygarde-10% combo

Moltres-Galar checks: :Nihilego: :chansey: :Primarina: :Klefki: :Celesteela: :Thundurus-Therian: :Mamoswine:
Zygarde-10% checks: :Tapu-Bulu: :Tangrowth: :Zarude-Dada: :Chansey: :Togekiss: :Salamence: :Slowking: :Zygarde-10%: :Mamoswine:

Lots of ways to punish Nihilego and get momentum against it with Cobalion rocker, FuturePort Slowking, Zygarde-10%, and Knock/Spin Tentacruel. Double Volt Switch core into progress Water-types helps to keep Primarina at bay. Knock Off from Thundurus-T makes Fiery Wrath flinch fishing vs. Chansey in the Moltres-Galar user's favor as well as allowing CB TArrows to 2HKO. Team also helps to support Zygarde-10% by walling/breaking checks such as Tapu-Bulu, Salamence, Tangrowth, Zarude, Chansey, Mamoswine with Slowking/Cobalion core. Cobalion spread allows it to live a CB TArrows, CCing it into range of ESpeed or any other chip. Moltres-Galar spread allows it to outspeed Modest Nidoking and live a Power Gem from Nihilego after SR.

I'd say some pretty big weaknesses are:

:Aegislash: - SubTox circumvents Tentacruel being your only Aegislash switch in. Big reason why I have Thunder Wave slashed. Handles other Aegislash variants well enough but slightly outdated due to how SubTox been picking up recently

:Ditto: - Really hard to formulate an end-game plan vs. Ditto since the breaker/set-up combo gets heavily punished late game with reverse sweeps

:Registeel: - Could go Sacred Sword on Cobalion but overall this team kinda has nothing for it

:Salamence: - DD variants in particular have many opportunities to set up and without Ice Beam on Slowking, your only hope is a Scald burn wearing it down into ESpeed range

Replays
UUSD Week 7: Raptor vs Star
BFM Tour: avarice vs. Lily
UU Masters: DugZa vs. Sirwings

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Will submit an Stall team as well since why not.
:ss/chansey::ss/umbreon::ss/nihilego::ss/skarmory::ss/slowking::ss/quagsire:
  • Chansey is pretty good in fat/stall since it stomaches hits from SpA mons like NP Thundurus-T, Azelf and Specs Hydreigon while also providing Aromatherapy (or Heal Bell it's w/e) support.
  • Umbreon is a quite good glue able to check many mons like Mamoswine, non-Dazzling Gleam Azelf, non-Superpower Zygarde-10%, Gyarados and DD Mence while it also provides Wish, plus now with Aroma Chansey it can run Toxic in order to be way less passive against stuff like Mandibuzz, Thundurus-T or Azumarill as they switch also damn this fatass cat is a fucking glue.
  • Nihilego is a quite reliable SR user that can keep rocks in the field with ease, since it checks most defoggers and the ones it's flawed against (Exca & Washtom), they can get worn down throughout the game and being able to check Moltres brothers,Tangrowth and Thundurus-T is also amazing. It also provides Knock support btw.
  • Skarmory is a damn good wincon able to check Conkeldurr and Excadrill + it provides Defog Support. 96 Speed allows it to outspeed Azumarill, which is quite good since u can Roost on it and chip it with the helmet.
  • Slowking is another wincon able to check the less-common-but-not-less-important Keldeo and it also soft-checks Conkeldurr, Zygarde-10% and even Azelf to an extent. CM Psyshock over Psychic is also probably necessary since it helps against Primarina.
  • Quagsire is probably the least necessary member but it works, since it allows to deter the setup sweepers that the rest of the team can't stop like Registeel (shoutout Haze), Azumarill (Skarmory is not enough imo) and it helps quite a bit against non-GK Thundurus-T since you block Volt Switch and it hates getting Scald burn.

Was going to submit another thing but I'm still kinda undecided, might be editing this post if I decide to submit it.

I came here to submit a stall team that has 2 versions, both of which involve spreading status.
https://pokepast.es/81aed65b703eb592
Chansey icon
- Counter is for Zygarde-10% and Conk not going for Close Combat/Drain Punch (any other physical attackers too). The rocker of the team.
Salamence icon
- Conkeldurr Check and a general intimidate pivot while, providing defog.
Amoonguss icon
- Aegislash and Keldeo check and a general pivot.
Chandelure icon
- The status abuser with Hex. I chose modest because, I didn't notice any particular reason to run +speed but, with modest you can OHKO Conk from full with Overheat and Hex OHKOs if Burn Orb activated.
Keldeo icon
- EV spread is for Lefties number and take better advantage of Sub. Helps spread status with Scald and Toxic.
Aegislash icon
- The EV spread is weird but, it's for Conk. If you go for King's Shield, Shadow Ball, King's Shield, Shadow Ball then you win the 1v1. The speed is for creeping other defensive Aegis. The Special Defensive spread is for subbing on special attackers like Nihilego. Bulky Rotom-Heat won't be able to break the sub after the third overheat, Venusaur doesn't OHKO with LO Modest Max SpAtk Weatherball, and bulky Rotom-Wash has trouble breaking the sub.

https://pokepast.es/0d902a70dac458cb
Chansey icon
- Aromatherapy for sleeptalk Primarina and just in cast case other members get poisoned (like Tangrowth when switching in on Toxic Zygarde). Thunder Wave is for helping spread status, and can be a great way to catch opposing Aegislash and Conk (w/o burn orb activated) off guard.
Chandelure icon
- Hex Guy.
Tangrowth icon
- The defensive EVs allows Tang to better check Banded Zygarde, the rest is dumped in to special defense for better bulk. Rock Slide is for flying type switch-ins.
Mandibuzz icon
- My Aegi check and defog user. Foul Play + speed is for BD Azumarill.
Primarina icon
- Is used for Dragon Spam (Draco Meteor, Outrage, RegiDrago). Also, my other Conk check. Scald also helps for Prim to spread status.
Nihilego icon
- Rocker, helps with checking Thundurus, great lure for Chansey and knocking it's eviolite off, and Sludge Bomb is great for spreading status while dealing damage.

Both teams pretty much revolve around Chandelure sweeping with Hex.

:bw/azelf: :bw/amoonguss: bw.gif:bw/mamoswine: :bw/mandibuzz:1644793898911.png

Azelf is the main pokemon of this team, it provides a lot of offensive pressure and speed control for this team and is able to pivot in pokemon such as nihi, and mamoswine who appreciate being pivoted in against pokemon they have favorable MU's against such as mandibuzz, moltres-g, chansey, and more. This team supports azelf by bullying the pokemon that counter it and giving it ways to be pivoted in and providing hazards for it.

Amoonguss and mandibuzz provide a defensive backbone that cover most of the tier and amoonguss is able to put something to sleep for mamo, nihilego, aegislash, and azelf to abuse free turns out of. It is also able to be use as a way to deal with many of azelf's counters such as zarude, umbreon, mandibuzz, and scarf rachi. Mandi helps deal with physical boosting pokemon like gyarados, salamence, aegislash, and azumarill. It also keeps hazards off and is able to pivot in the offensive pokemon of this team.

Nihilego provides rocks and weakens most pokemon for azelf to clean by knock + poison damage and rocks constantly cutting into them. It is also able to deal with many of the dark types via them having no recovery and being pokemon that nihilego easily takes on such as hydreigon, moltres-g, mandibuzz, and umbreon to an extent.

Mamoswine is able to blow holes into many bulky teams with brutally powerful stabs and abusing the dark types in the tier to generate momentum for the team by taking advanatage of the free turns that they give mamoswine such as mandibuzz, moltres-g, krookodile, and another counter to this azelf, chansey. It also provides a way to revenge kill many faster pokemon such as lycanroc-d, dd mence, dd gyara, and zygarde-10%.

Aegislash provides a steel for the team and is able to be able to weaken many dark types and abuses chansey with toxic + close combat. It is able to generate a lot of free turns for the team as many pokemon such as amoonguss, mandibuzz, chansey, and moltres-g have to spend turns recovering which results in azelf and mamoswine able to get free turns out of it.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1510285110-wtevk07u0dx1jhnyt1n3c61l5u5vimvpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1506835197-d8wajgeru3ebcw10435hjj7b9xuk5hspw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1510382390
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1509758303
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1509586804
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1506830735

Weaknesses of the team from managable to pretty big:

CM Prim: takes advantage of members such as amoonguss and mandibuzz and uses it to setup, usually dealt with by trading nihi with it or agressively switching in nihi in and chipping it down as low as possible

Mamoswine: Late game swine goes ham but can be stoppped by yache amoonguss and many members can pressure it to not give it free turns to fire of attacks early game and can easily be halted

CM keldeo: litterally a bad MU and has to be dealt with by pivoting in psyshock azelf when it does not have a sub

Last edited:

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
:ss/Reuniclus: :ss/Primarina: :ss/Mamoswine: :ss/Zarude: :ss/Cobalion: :ss/Moltres:

I think Reuniclus can be a potentially threatening wallbreaker that can take advantage of would-be switchins, such as Zarude and Aegislash. Magic Guard preventing it from taking LO recoil, as well as damage from hazards makes it threatening later in the game. When paired with pivots that U-turn/Volt Switch out on Pokemon that Reuniclus is able to abuse, such as Amoonguss, Skarmory, and Tentacruel, it's given more opportunities to break holes and really make an impact. Primarina is a solid partner for it, as its able to defensively check Hydreigon, Salamence, and the like. It's a solid mon that holds the team together against threats that would otherwise tear it apart. Mamoswine is here for the valuable priority, electric immunity, and Knock Off. Removing boots and Eviolite from Chansey makes Reuniclus way harder to pivot into, and the priority it provides gives the team a better Matchup vs. Offense. Zarude gives the team a more tangible check to SubTox Aegislash, as well as a ground resist to more easily pivot into T-Arrows Zydog. It's one of the pivots mentioned previously that can give Reuniclus opportunities to fire off an attack. Cobalion is a rocker that can switchin on Amoonguss and safely set up rocks, then pivot out to bring in one of our wallbreakers. Giving it Stone Edge can help against more of the tiers foggers. It's also a Knock Off switchin that doesn't particularly hate getting its item removed, due to the Justified attack boost it gets. And finally, Moltres. Moltres is here to provide defog support and offensively pressure Celesteela, switchin on Zarude and sometimes Conk (which would be way harder to pivot around otherwise).

I gave Reuniclus the Speed EV's it has to be able to outspeed Hatterene, no speed SubTox Aegislash, Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and other relevant base 30's and 50's (that don't run speed). Never-Melt Ice over Life Orb on Mamoswine has proved to be more consistent for me in the games I played w/ it, but you can use LO. Trick Room over Recover on Reuniclus is a solid option that can surprise offense and really turn the tables. It does cut into its longevity, however.

Sadly I was only able to get one replay last night after my climb to 1400, but expect more in da future:
les go reuniclus
Have fun :D.

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
C&C Leader
Thank you everyone who has submitted so far! We have been internally discussing stuff a bunch over the last week or so, and will be attempting to put out an update for our Samples by the end of next week (before UUPL begins).

As a notice: if you want to submit a team to be considered within this update, please submit by next Friday (25th) at the latest.

:ss/zygarde-10%: :ss/chansey: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/nihilego: :ss/excadrill: :ss/salamence: <- Team paste click on sprites

Zygarde-10% - pairs well with the rest of the which weakens the team or zygarde-10% itself weakens opposing pokemon into range for nihi or mence to clean the game. I chose it here as the desired breaker as the team can easily abuse tangrowth with pokemon such as toxic drill, toxic chansey, special mence, and nihi and zygarde-10% itself can toxic it to make it a living hell for it.

Chansey - Helps against most special attackers and can pivot in mainly zydog with teleport while nihi and mence can abuse teleport to get in on pokemon that take advantage of chansey such as conk, keldeo, skarmory, roserade, and more. It is chosen over potentially something such as slowking as chansey can help against the prim MU.

Tangrowth - Physical wall and deals with many pokemon while knocking off targets which can help soften them up for the breakers to clean them up such as removing helmet's from amoonguss to make zydog outrage not be punished by recoil. It also helps deal with many volt turn teams such as against zarude, jirachi, thundy-t, and can chip down pokemon such as lycanroc, zydog, gyara, and mence into range of teammates to clean them up.

Nihilego - Designated Rocker of the team, deals with grass types while zydog deals with many steel types and special walls such as slowking, chansey, and swampert. Stealth rocks help put many pokemon into 2hko range of zydog and mence such as slowking, amoonguss, swampert, skarmory and more. It also helps get rid of many items with knock off as nihilego and tangrowth usually have different pokemon who absorb their items.

Excadrill - Spinner of the team. It threatens most grasses and water types with toxic which allows them to be worn down into range of mence and zydog which allows them to break through the opponents. Exca also provides with better nihi counterplay and provides checks to many pokemon which can threaten the team otherwise such as bulu, chandelure, aegislash, and mamoswine.

Salamence - Abuses weakened teams that were punched through and helps weaken teams into range of zydog. It helps deal with many grass typse zydog struggles against such as against zarude, amoonguss, tang, and tapu bulu while also pressuring slowking, skarmory, and hydreigon from making much progress.

Team doing good work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1513273907
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1513237303
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1512993046
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1512546644
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1512213060
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1511960091

Team poor MU's

mamo - kinda destroys the team if it gets a clean entry on smth like mence or zydog and you can attempt to use drill to tank ice shard to force it out but that is a short term thing. Chansey can trade knock for toxic to put it on a timer so that the process it makes is very limited as it is on a very short timer

skarmory + very offensive team: hard to spin in general and team may get overwhelmed if skarm gets way to many free entries on tang, chansey and exca which you need to aggresively double switch to mence, and nihi to force it out.

DD mence: A tough MU and you have to trade usually one mon to chip it down into espeed range such as using helmet and wearing it down or poisoning it and stalling turns.

BD azu: it can often 6-0 if it sets up on a pokemon that i switch out such as exca or nihi predicting CB aqua jet and it can be very hard to deal with but usually making it hit helmet a couple times will do the trick and espeeding it to finish it off or hurricane from mence can kill it

This is a team I've liked a lot built around an old offensive core of banded Zarude, Cobalion, and Noivern. Zarude and Cobalion have great synergy in pressuring each other's checks and mixed Coba can make it easier to keep the bulky grasses and flying-types that check Zarude chipped down (especially Skarm/Moltres/Mandi), while still being able to out-damage Slowking's regen after rocks too. Since Coba has been a recent trend, cb can help Zarude pack a punch against it, but is also very effective against most teams. Since these two can struggle against mons like Azelf, Zygarde, and even opposing Cobalion, Noivern can help keep them at bay and completes the triangle for an effective voltturn core.

Rotom and Tentacruel are your main defensive pivots. Tenta provides hazard removal and gives the team a check to the fairies of the tier, which can be troublesome for most offense-based teams to switch into comfortably, and can help keep Celesteela and Conkeldurr weakened for the potential late game Hatt to clean; valuable team slot overall. Rotom is running a bulkier spread here since it's being relied on a lot to the handle some of the things you should always build with in mind, such as the ladder unfortunately liking sun and it's important to account for Venusaur and Darmanitan nowadays, while also being able to pivot on any Salamence set too; Noivern is also EV'd to potentially live a Darm hit too as a back-up, but Tenta can be effective for both sun threats too. The team can be a little awkward against Mamoswine, so a bulkier Rotom helps ease that matchup a little bit; Coba's Flash Cannon is useful in this sense too.

Finally, Hatterene is here as a wincon that also helps manage the Lycanroc and Zygarde matchup since those two are arguably the biggest threats to this build, so it rounds off the team pretty nicely. Hatt's EV spread is a little weird, but less HP means that it gets more out of Draining Kiss and the special investment can allow it to outheal Chansey's Seismic Toss at +3, especially with your Leftovers intact. Some final thoughts: the Nidoking matchup will be tough depending on the positioning, which tends to require you to sack either Noivern or Tenta to get damage off on it depending on which you need more in the battle in question. The team has been effective within 1500s, though I'm not sharing replays out of respect since some of the players it was used against may be saving their teams for tournaments. Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy if used!

The basis of this team is to provide as much support to let Grimmsnarl do the most work. This is not a gimmick team as it holds itself quite well against most of the current meta. The team is broken down as the following.

Tangrowth is there for zygarde-10. The EVs are so that it can comfortably take on outrage for the switch to grimm, and the rest is out in spdef so that it can more comfortably knock off some pesky sptakers in the tier without dying. Or eating A sludge bomb from opposing growths to get a knock off. It is also to serve as a uturn and rapid spin deterrent. For zarude and excadrill respectively. With this, this serves as one of the members responsible for getting rid of most heavy duty boots from the opposing team. This is to expose more mons to the hazards that will come in later.

Jirachi serves as the stealth rocker. The speed evs is to outspeed primarina as you need some flinches to stop that thing from running through this team. It also has ice punch because the amount of salamence that just defog or dd in front of it is ridicoulous. Evd to 2hko salamence with only hp invest after intimidate.

Nihilego sets up the tspikes. This is very important to take out stall builds as well. With knock off and tspikes, unless you defog, the hazards are staying up. Luckily most defoggers are weak to rock. And the reason knock off is important is because that way spinners like exca or tentacruel forfeit their passive recovery. That and in combination with rocky helmet make it quite hard to get rid of the spikes or stealth rock.

Slowking is the standard pivoting mon. Psyshock over future sight to beat the cm keldeo. As without that this team becomes quite weak to it. It's there to sponge most hits and also serve as one of the possible sleep fodders for amoonguss, depending on the match up. Colbur berry for the conkeldurrs that always want to click knock off against it, and the hydregions that dark pulse to get a free teleport barring no flinch.

Thundurus-therian used to have knock off, but switched over to defog as hazard stacking is a real issue for this team. Thankfully, with the two other knockkers, we don't really have to worry about that. Standard set to provide pivot as well.

Grimmsnarl, the star of the team. Even without hazards it poses to be a massive threat. Max hp and max defense against possible quagsires (hard to break its sub) With the combination of tspikes pressure, it can comfortably get big on most threats.

Cons: DURANT is a major threat to this team. Amoonguss is very annoying. You have to pick wisely who to use as sleep fodder or else you will lose to other set up mons. Letting rachi sleep while they have a nihilego for example is not good. Or letting nihi get slept while they have a galarian moltres is also not good. Things like that are things you have to look out for when using this team. Gyarados is also a threat, as you need ways to chip it enough to where sucker punch can kill, relying on slowking burns is not enough in this case. There is also not much speed control, which when fighting against cobalion can definitely be an issue, since that mon can run many sets. Finding out which set it is asap is the best way to overcome that challenge. Things like crobat as well are not too bad as long as you keep certain mons healthy. Posted a loss as well against the darm/gyara to emphasise the threat that is gyarados with another offensive mon. You have to get all of the 50/50's right in order to truly stop them, but its not too difficult, barring no hax.

neck to neck game against pif for example
another game but this time the mandi went down early
crobat can really be a nuisance to this team (got 6-0'd earlier because i didnt keep the right mons, probs should have saved that too)
in this match i needed slowking for the darm, so darm/gyara pressure was too much here
sun doesnt really stand against this team
rain is a lot more difficult (lost several times before getting a good standing)
always bulk up with set up mons
jirachi doing what it does best
the importance of defog
another example of breaking apart the team slowly, and picking the right sleep fodder
taking down sub aegi

BEST EXAMPLE OF THE TEAM
also pretty good example

Summary: Looking at the viability ranking, this team fares quite strong against most threats in the uu meta. It takes a bit of maneuvering as things like galarian moltres can run rampant if allowed to set up, so plays have to be made and certain mons have to be kept healthy to avoid losing from these types of offensive threats. Mons like durant are not too common and with hustle + keeping tangrowths helmet, there is a pretty easy way to chip this mon down for others to then pick it off, like slowking's scald (since most run first impression rather than x scissor. It takes a glaringly bad match up for this team to lose, at least from when I am using it.

UPDATE: This team auto loses to nidoking. Don't know why I missed that

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
C&C Leader
Apologies for the delay on this update, as I was busy with some irl concerns. We have updated the pre-existing selection of samples and added 4 new sample teams for the Aegislash suspect!

SD Lucario + Autotomize Celesteela Webs by Monky25:

Azelf + Mamoswine BO ft. Spikes Roserade by Mystras Leoxses:

Subtox Aegislash + CM Slowking Semistall ft. Defog Flygon by Estarossa:

CM Slowking + Iron Defense Skarmory Stall by scorbunnys:

Ty to everyone who submitted teams. I will provide rejection reasons for the sample teams we didn't add over the coming few days. Good luck with the Aegislash suspect :) This will likely be the last update for the duration of UUPL, apart from some potential stealth additions of UUPL teams if they are offered.

:ss/Araquanid: Spider-Mantis Webs :ss/Araquanid:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/d09081eda23b9e9d

:Araquanid: :Excadrill: :Thundurus-Therian: :Scizor: :Azumarill: :Necrozma:

I used this team to get reqs to try to save GMolt from being unjustly kicked from the tier, and it worked out quite well. I've always been a fan of Araquanid as a web setter, and with so many Excadrill and Hippo lying around I think it's the best one atm. This Araquanid is also a huge pain in the ass for flyers like Moltres and Mence because it is so fat that it sits on their Hurricanes and uses Toxic + Protect. Protect also lets you scout lead trick Rotoms, and the fat lets you live more things than you think (I mean look at this calc lol 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Araquanid: 188-224 (55.2 - 65.8%) )

Excadrill is Jolly here because outspeeding Rotoms immediately is very important for this team. It can also help break stall since it avoids Unaware with its SD, and can Spin to be in better position for an endgame sweep also or just clear hazards. Thundurus-T is your standard Webs breaker, not much to really say here but I've never seen a solid webs team that didn't use it. Scizor is very oppressive, and Bug Bite on webs lets you KO things like Swampert and Tang at +2. It also is funny when you use it on GMolt and eat its sitrus berry as it sets up, then use BP to finish it off. Azu is another standard webs mon that fits well here, not much extra to say. And Necrozma is very lethal in the current SS UU meta, and this particular one can set up rocks if you need them, while also pressuring defoggers with MBeam and going for its own sweep also. It even helps break stall with Photon Geyser.tttt

Every HO team has flaws, and this one is no exception. But there hasn't been any type of team that it really has no shot against. For Zarude you just have to play very carefully with Scizor as you'll need it alive while Zarude is alive and that's basically your only endgame. Some sub Keldeo teams could get annoying but you have the tools to deal with it. Offensive Celesteela can be an issue if you let it get out of hand. For everything else that may be problematic you'll have to just hope you win a few 50/50s, but that's just mons.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how this team performed, and if you are looking for another HO to use on the ladder you should give it a shot.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1557969929-lq0nfk9vzaj2ii7nw2q2m28eobj2fmepw - here's a replay of Scizor owning GMolt

edit: per request, here's a replay against Zarude: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1561557285-rezmaxr0f23dvj6irtrn4qocdm2k160pw

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
C&C Leader
Hello guys, we wanted to push out an update for this for the Moltres-Galar suspect test, but UUPL was a bit of an obstacle to getting the quality teams we wanted. Now that UUPL is in finals and most teams are out we've been able to compile a list of new sample teams to add for those who still need them for the test, as the test still has most of this week left. Teams likely won't change in vibaility too much if Moltres-Galar does go, but we'll archive any teams featuring it if they do and potentially add another (semi)-stall sample that I'm interested in if it does.

:excadrill: :moltres-galar: :aegislash: :cloyster: :celesteela: :azelf:
Double Dance Moltres-Galar + Shell Smash Cloyster HO by Monky25
https://pokepast.es/ccd4e82f063b2607

:excadrill: :moltres-galar: :mimikyu: :aegislash: :azelf: :jirachi:
Double Dance Moltres-Galar + SD Mimikyu HO by Celebiii
https://pokepast.es/48ec4175555320e4

:scizor: :hydreigon: :thundurus-therian: :starmie::hippowdon: :amoonguss:
Life Orb Starmie + Protective Pads Scizor BO by Monky25
https://pokepast.es/3159ee473f1723d8

:hippowdon: :excadrill: :tangrowth: :rotom-wash: :salamence: :keldeo:
Choice Specs Keldeo + Pivot Rotom-W Sand by Lily
https://pokepast.es/cb7a0b5d9e51fa98

:hippowdon: :skarmory: :zarude: :slowking: :thundurus-therian: :noivern:
Noivern + Thundurus-T Spikes BO by umbry (w/ Lily edits)
https://pokepast.es/d0c79fd5b12d4878

:chansey: :quagsire: :umbreon: :salamence: :nihilego: :tangrowth:
Nihilego + Salamence Stall by Celebiii
https://pokepast.es/0ea1dc87d6680fa9

Will update the Celebiii teams with descriptions later when they have been written, and will update the graphics to match the OP's style once I'm out of a bunch of meetings today, but wanted these samples live ASAP due to the suspect. Enjoy!

Last edited:
1652100330916.png1652100353201.png1652100377829.png1652100409987.png1652100426137.png1652100454091.png
https://pokepast.es/dbd89e5633047fda
Hello Im udongirl, I got bye on UULT and wanted to share my team. I used only this on last 2-3 days.
Fortunately most of my sets are standard so I thought I can post this team here.
・Specs hydreigon is a stable wallbreaker for this team. Its amazing 600 BST never let us down. I wanted to run modest to OHKO max HP aegislash and nidoking +1 line is enough for modest.
・Aegi is the best partner for drei because this core resists all moves except thousand arrows and mold breaker eq (and rare scrappy fighting). Probably this is the most strange set in this team but few mons can 3hko its stabs or cc and they would be killed with a little chip. Shadow Sneak is also useful for this team.
・Tang can resist arrows and exca eq. You can also scout prim and keldeo with this.
・Azumarill is a physical pressure of this team. Primarina is bad here because this team would be biased specially and slowly. Bulk investment is important for keldeo and hydreigon and they are bigger threat than fewer conkeldurr.
・Moltres is the best hazard control for this team. Outspeed mamo and OHKO aegi and others are bulk. Idt moltres needs speed.
・Cobalion is for sr setting. It also scout scizor and works as a pivot. Rocky helmet is more helpful here because this team concentrates on early game.

Please use this and thank you for reading my bad English!

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
C&C Leader
We've organised a samples update to pair alongside the VR update, featuring new riser Jellicent as well as a much needed team for Autotomize Celesteela! Hope you enjoy the new teams :)

:excadrill: :celesteela: :gyarados: :scizor: :azelf: :keldeo:
CM Keldeo + Autotomize Celesteela HO by Monky25
https://pokepast.es/675d4453e813c3f6

:thundurus-therian: :zarude: :moltres: :slowking: :cobalion: :diggersby:
Thundurus-T + Choice Scarf Diggersby VoltTurn by Celebiii
https://pokepast.es/7a9e9e25b4c2193a

:hippowdon: :raikou: :mandibuzz: :amoonguss: :scizor: :keldeo:
Swords Dance Scizor + CM Keldeo BO by umbry
https://pokepast.es/619bddbb50aade66

:umbreon: :hippowdon: :chansey: :jellicent: :skarmory: :articuno:
Jellicent + Articuno Spikes Semi-Stall by Estarossa
https://pokepast.es/3e645bf835bdf2f0

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:SS/Excadrill: :SS/Gyarados: :SS/Indeedee: :SS/Lycanroc-Dusk: :SS/Polteageist: :SS/Slurpuff:
Initially made for UUSD Finals, this team has been used multiple times to great success by Sulo. Polteageist has been picking up steam lately, and since theres only one HO team, I figured that I might as well submit this.

An excellent suicide lead, Excadrill is what you'll choose at team preview the majority of the time due to its ability to set Stealth Rock, as well as to prevent hazards from going up on your side of the field. I honestly believe Gyarados to be one of the most broken Pokemon in Gen 8 UU. Excellent Special Defence, good coverage moves, and superb ability in Moxie allows it to muscle through almost anything in the tier after a Dragon Dance boost. Indeedee-F is the Psychic Terrain setter of the team, allowing teammates like Polteageist and Slurpuff to sweep without worrying about priority moves from foes such as Scizor and Lycanroc-Dusk. The given EV spread allows it to outpace Scizor while doing as much damage as possible. The rest of its EVs were dumped into HP with the intention of it being able to tank as many hits as possible. The rest of the team is Psychic Terrain abusers, with the only notable mention being Accelerock Lycanroc-D which I chose for its ability to pick off a weakened Crobat.

Replays
V. Sage - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-656021
V. BigFatMantis (1) - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-652707
V. BigFatMantis (2) - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-652726

Last edited:

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
:SS/Excadrill: :SS/Gyarados: :SS/Indeedee: :SS/Lycanroc-Dusk: :SS/Polteageist: :SS/Slurpuff:
Initially made for UUSD Finals, this team has been used multiple times to great success by Sulo. Polteageist has been picking up steam lately, and since theres only one HO team, I figured that I might as well submit this.

An excellent suicide lead, Excadrill is what you'll choose at team preview the majority of the time due to its ability to set Stealth Rock, as well as to prevent hazards from going up on your side of the field. I honestly believe Gyarados to be one of the most broken Pokemon in Gen 8 UU. Excellent Special Defence, good coverage moves, and superb ability in Moxie allows it to muscle through almost anything in the tier after a Dragon Dance boost. Indeedee-F is the Psychic Terrain setter of the team, allowing teammates like Polteageist and Slurpuff to sweep without worrying about priority moves from foes such as Scizor and Lycanroc-Dusk. The given EV spread allows it to outpace Scizor while doing as much damage as possible. The rest of its EVs were dumped into HP with the intention of it being able to tank as many hits as possible. The rest of the team is Psychic Terrain abusers, with the only notable mention being Accelerock Lycanroc-D which I chose for its ability to pick off a weakened Crobat.

Replays
V. Sage - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-656021
V. BigFatMantis (1) - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-652707
V. BigFatMantis (2) - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-652726
change the nicknames DAMN

team broken tho

https://pokepast.es/c91a26896ba62c97
Shiftry replaces zard on this team its a bit more reliable than zard especially that hippo and rain(rare) matches it can break opposing teams for the venu or be the sweeper
The EVs on shiftry allows it to ko special attacking mence after growth and intimidate the speed evs allow it to tie opposing sun venu the rest is dumbed into special attack so that it hits as hard as possible.
Xatu is used over Hatterene for two reasons roost and teleport which allows u to have a fine pivot that completely blanks hippo which is huge the last slot for xatu can be night shade or sunny day. The speed allows u to outspeed 152 speed heattom and ther est is given on its bulk to help it deal with stealth rockers of the tier. The rest of the sun core is same as usual.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)