Project SS UU Research Week - UU RESEARCH - Week 42 Roost Hydreigon and Any sets Crobat - New System !

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I inadvertently built a team using these Pokemon here so I can post it: https://pokepast.es/c7df995408b0e467

I just want to discuss building with the Pokemon.

Zygarde, it gives you two very nice things when you build - a Volt Switch immunity so you don't have to use the standard of Krookodile on balance/bulky offense and it gives you an important piece of speed control with a moderately strong priority + ability to naturally outrun Keldeo, Lycanroc, and Thundurus which are all important threats right now. So that means the rest of my team could be a decent bit slower, with some important offensive threats like Moltres-Galarian and Buzzwole being good in the metagame but often overlooked for their lack of speed. It also meant that I could afford to run Mew as a glue and Stealth Rock Pokemon instead of Krookodile, which would have made the team a bit too weak to Primarina probably.

I paired Zygarde with some solid ways to beat Grass types since those and Buzzwole are the only true Thousand Arrow resists as far as I know - Rest Talk Moltres-Galarian, Life Orb Buzzwole, and Celesteela all tend to match up nicely versus them plus they make up for Zygarde's rather poor bulk. Unfortunately, this selection meant forgoing a pivot so it's not easy to bring Zygarde in; another route would have been combining Celesteela and Buzzwole into Scizor and then using another Pokemon.

Starmie is pretty interesting to build with as it's one of the only hazard controls that can keep hazards off from most Mew but it also can counter Keldeo. The ability to counter Keldeo meant the team could forgo a typical grass type these bulky offenses/balances would normally run in order to beat Keldeo/Primarina but since Starmie isn't a great Primarina check, it does tend to make my team unfortunately weak to it. It's rather hard to fit Starmie because you generally don't stack typings and there are clearly superior Psychic types (Mew) and Water types (Keldeo, Primarina) in the metagame right now, but I think stacking once is okay (hence I stack Psychics) and the ability to have fairly reliable hazard control is pretty great right now and that frees up room when building. You get blocked by most Aegislash though unfortunately.

So this is how I built with these two Pokemon, both are fine Pokemon and I think I've provided a lot of feedback on how they can make building more varied compared to the typical Krookodile + Tangrowth/Amoonguss + Salamence + Primarina/Keldeo + Mew + Scizor/Aegislash templates that are obviously very effective but also basically ripped straight off from the S/A+ ranks in viability rankings and lack the element of surprise.

tldr:

Zygarde gives varied builds because it's a different Volt Switch immunity from Krookodile and gives important speed control (plus it can clean lategame)

Starmie gives varied builds because it can counter Keldeo (don't need Amoong/Tang) and provide hazard control that usually beats Spikes/SR Mew.

Use these strengths should you build with them.

Week 35 !

Congratulations to Mystras Leoxses for winning the Week 34! Special shoutout to pokemonisfun for using our tested mons to win a UUFPL finals tiebreaker! Great advertising! And thank you to iceblazer for always participating!

The summary of the pokemon tested this week :

Zygarde-10% is a ferocious wincon that threatens and outspeeds a large portion of the tier. Choice Band set was used almost exclusively, as spamming Thousand Arrows seems to be the way to go here. It can even use Superpower to get Zarude or Chansey off guard. Buzzwole and Tangrowth seem to be the main problems keeping it from dominating most fights.

Starmie was tested both as a defensive spinner and as an offensive life orb attacker. As a spinner it is more threatening than Tentacruel and can outspeed and significantly pressure some key threats like Keldeo and Lycanroc. However, it doesn't really hit hard enough outside of that when used in this role. As an offensive Life Orb attacker, it can do crazy damage when it forces switch-outs w/ Analytic. The high speed tier also comes in handy here, but you are going to need to have things chipped for Starmie to be able to finish them off, as it's base Special Attack is lackluster.

:ss/Togekiss:
Togekiss
Ability: Any
EVs: Any
Any Nature
-
-
-
-

:ss/Rotom-Heat:
Rotom-Heat
Ability: Levitate
Any Nature
- Nasty Plot
-
-
-

Does anyone actually know what Togekiss does or how to use it? I don't - but I've seen it with Nasty Plot, Air Slash, Heal Bell, Defog, Roost, Dazzing Gleam, and other things, and multiple multiple EV spreads. So what is the best way to utilize this fairy bird thing? Let's find out this week! Go use it and let us know!

Speaking of Nasty Plot - is Nasty Plot Rotom-H still viable? Maybe? Maybe not? Has anyone checked lately? Well guess what - we're about to check this week! Get ready to strap in to the plotmobile and see how hard your Overheats can hit at +6 SpA!

New :

We've made Research Week easier than ever to participate now! All you need to do is copy the optional template below when you make your research findings post. Just copy, plug in your findings, and you're done! WOW so easy! (You are not obligated to use this template, you can still post in your own way however you feel).

INTRO: (write a little blurb here, w/e you want)

ZAPDOS-GALAR

:Zapdos-Galar:

SETS USED:

Zapdos-Galar @ z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: x
x Nature
-
-
-
-

(Any other sets used, list those too)

SUMMARY: (include good cores, good matchups, bad matchups, etc.)

NOTABLE REPLAYS:
(link) - (add commentary, such as: "See here how Zapdos shows it is the bravest bird")
(link) - (add commentary, e.g. "Here Zapdos fails to be anything more than fried chicken")
(more replays - put as many as are relevant!)

CONCLUSION: (final thoughts)

OVERALL RATING: (w/e you want, D through S is standard but you can use whatever scale you prefer)
-
:ss/Nidoqueen:

SETS USED:

Nidoqueen @ z
Ability: x
x Nature
-
-
-
-

NOTABLE REPLAYS:
(link) - (add commentary, such as: "See here how Nidoqueen ascends to the throne")
(link) - (add commentary, e.g. "Here Nidoqueen has truly abdicated the crown")

OVERALL RATING: (w/e you want, D through S is standard but you can use whatever scale you prefer)

In order to participate you must do the following:

Post here with a fresh RW alt (such as SSRW35 Stevo4u or SSRW35 AngstyMantis) and the name(s) of the Pokemon you will be using.
Use at least one of the Pokemon being researched.
Post your experiences with the Pokemon you're using, participate in the discussion!
Post logs of this Pokemon in action against other teams - don't just tell us, show us
The winner of the challenge will be the person who has the highest ladder ranking on the Pokemon Showdown UU ladder with their RW alt at the time the challenge ends. Winners will also receive a permanent spot in this thread's Hall of Fame.
This week will end on June 27 at 11:59 PM GMT+0. Have fun everyone!!

INTRO: Ok so I've seen a lot of shit talked about with Togekiss, how its useless or not good outside of the stall matchup. I'm here to say, those people are 100% WRONG. I don't think Togekiss is amazing, but it does have its fair bit of utility that makes it a worthwhile mon to build with even outside of specific matchups. What's funny is that while I only intended to research Togekiss, Rotom-H actually ended up being a decent partner since its a good Rachi check, decent switchin to itself, and Rotom gets to have a moveslot open now that Togekiss is the one providing Defog support. The thing is I forgot that it was supposed to be Nasty Plot Rotom and used Toxic instead, whoops.....
:psysad:
As a small aside to Rotom-H though, Nasty Plot also suffers from the prevalence of both rising and prominent threats like Rhyperior and Nihilego, and, in my opinion, it's easier wearing down the former with Toxic than having to bring it down into range of +2 Overheat. It also doesn't pair super great with Volt Switch, which is why I wanted Rotom to begin with, so I didn't bother with that Nasty Plot sets. Not really as slappable as the other set.

:bw/Togekiss:

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave / Heal Bell
- Defog

:ss/togekiss: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/jirachi: :ss/lycanroc-dusk: :ss/krookodile: :ss/amoonguss:
:ss/Togekiss: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/jirachi: :ss/lycanroc-dusk: :ss/zarude: :ss/zygarde-10%:
Click for Imports

SUMMARY:
Excuse the mistake on the HP investment in the team pastes, just make it 248 so you're not as badly crippled by rocks after Knock Off. I went with max speed investment to guarantee be faster than non-scarf Buzzwole, though you can make it a more bulky spread if all you're worried about is Adamant. 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 Spe Timid if you want more Defense or go max 248 / 8 SpDef / 252 Spe Calm for more Special Defense.

First team was the one I had more time to play with. I went with Heal Bell over Twave at first cause I thought it just made Togekiss even more worthless against the Electrics and figured it would make tect lefties Krook a better answer to Aegislash while giving Rotom-H and Rachi more support to ensure they don't get screwed over by status either. I have Lycanroc-D because I still needed a revenge killer to Thundy and opposing Heatom and added Amoonguss as a check to Washtom and better switchin to Knock Off. Team was fine until I noticed that more and more that the team was a bit too passive for my liking, especially against the admittedly rare Sub CM Raikou. That thing 6-0s me after Amoonguss gets burned.

Second team was made to alleviate this; I sure do look weak to Buzzy especially against defensive sets, but I think Togekiss Rotom should be enough to keep it back alongside the momentum support (maybe it'll even leave with shifts 0-0). I traded in Scarf Rachi for the Rocks set cause I figured Zydog and Lycandusk are fine as speed control, since they are some of the fastest mons in the tier that also have priority. I also came back to Twave on Kiss for opposing offense because I have every revenge killer to the Electric-types out there, so they shouldn't be alive forever. I learned that after reflecting on the HO game where I lost. I still believe that Togekiss shouldn't be a team's sole Krook answer so I added in Zarude over Amoonguss to also patch up the Raikou matchup. Haven't had that much time to play with this, got like one battle and replay but I personally like this team better than the first.

NOTABLE REPLAYS:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1364050259-apsxdeblayoth2nhvztm3x0qle3qx5hpw (W) - Togekiss shows just how fat it is when it eats +2 Boomburst from Kommo-o and smacks into range of Rachi Iron Head, like good Fairies should.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1360747009-g4on1nsrygr0j36gyaunsq7er09zmfcpw (W) - This is why I used Tect Lefties Krook, it just makes for a better Aegi answer when Toxic isn't wearing it down all the time. Despite my idiotic decision of letting it get put to sleep, it was still able to waste sleep turns on Quag which my opponent also apparently saw too and forfeited.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1364193026-mtlew366roaik5oxbj26pwhaqaqr69ppw (L) - Had I just went the aggressive play with Krookodile with EQing the Necrozma instead of setting up rocks I likely would have won since Lycanroc revenge killed everything else, but that's not the point. The point is how bulky Togekiss can be when it lives +1 Necrozma Photon Geyser, which would have been amazing had I had Twave, but I didn't. Heal Bell is nice but it gives up a good deal of Togekiss's offensive utility so that was a bummer. However, I did find it nice that it stopped Slurp from setting webs at all cause hax, so good to see Kiss can have a good HO MU if played more properly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1364201582-ov6caenv4xmuiia2jiv1rr995c5d06gpw (W) - Togekiss freeing up a moveslot for Rotom really came in handy so it could act as a more functional Moltres answer and the Heal Bell support makes spamming U-turn on Rachi feel more comfortable on something like molt.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1365475068-o8r1s6wwm03emlyjgpmtbifpz0upvhlpw (W) - I figured it was only fair to give the one replay of the second version, using Zydog as your electric immunity really requires some good prediction, might just use Choice Scarf Diggersby instead cause it also has the benefit of Knock Off support. People should really stop using that Pokeaim team too istg its been god knows how long since that video was posted and I still see it.

CONCLUSION: B It's decent, offers a very good amount of utility and role compression, but nothing groundbreaking. Ideally, I would have it as a status spreader that's also a cleric and hazard removal, but it doesn't have space to fit all of it. I still think Togekiss is perfectly fine as a cleric but probably more on stall teams, or if you have a better teammate to provide Defog support with like Salamence. I didn't bother with Nasty Plot Kiss because that sounds even worse off against the Rocks and Electrics than Rotom, though does seem nice against stall.

Last edited:
Intro: I've been thinking for a while about which two pokémon I could dedicate a team to. Rotom-heat doesn't seem to be very strong in the current metagame, after the rise of nihilego. So I decided to look at togekiss. It is a very interesting pokémon for the underused, very strong against stall depending on its set, it also threatens some pokémons in the metagame with t-wave and air slash which combine perfectly. It also perfectly complements the defensive core vulnerable to zarude, defensive kommo-o (without toxic) and buzzwole. The problem that I had to face, is that even if it resists to knock off it cannot take the role of absorber, the boots being primordial.

:togekiss:

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SpD / 204 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Team Used:

:togekiss: :chandelure: :rhyperior: :slowbro-galar: :zarude-dada: :mienshao:
-Click for import-

Summary: They form an excellent defensive core for the team structure, resisting almost everything, especially thundurus pivot who is quite dangerous at the moment with his ability to Knock off and then u-turn, combined with his electic stab.
Togekiss compensates for rhyperior's weaknesses, and vice versa, notably by preventing rotom-heat from threatening togekiss, who can paralyze some pokemon to help rhyperior's work.

I later settled on mienshao and zarude scarf as the offensive core, zarude can control aegislash depending on the set, combined with its excellent speed tier, make it one of the best choice scarf in the tier.
Mienshao has the advantage of being versatile, threatening almost the entire metagame, while being able to pivot on pokémon that can stop it, and wait for an opportunity to break the opponent's defensive core for zarude or chandelure.

I opted to complete my defensive core without being passive, for slowbro-galar which combines perfectly with zarude. My build is less weak against primarina, but also I don't have to risk a stone edge from bulu, or a sludge bomb from tangrowth on togekiss, by sending this little devil of slowbro-galar. Its ability to place itself on the special, and the colbur berry offers it the possibility of destroying a poorly prepared team, while remaining an answer to some offensive pokemon.

Finally I was looking for a breaker on the special, I had previously opted for aegishlash specs, but as the tests went on, chandelure emerged as better, especially thanks to the ability of togekiss to paralyze pokemons that overtake him so that chandelure can eliminate them afterwards. I put sleep talk in last move, instead of trick, because I have a real fear of spore amoonguss.

The team is very weak at Keldeo specs or calm mind, as well as at lycanroc-dusk.

Conclusion: Togekiss is a support pokémon, it compresses some defensive roles, but brings with it a lot of weakness. I focused on a fairly offensive team, so I was able to compensate for the relative passivity of this pokémon. It is in my opinion much more useful against stall than against other archetypes and will remain an outdated pokémon in most of its roles but has a niche in Underused and the ability to shine depending on matchups.

Overall rating: B+

Week 36 !

Congratulations to Mystras Leoxses again for winning the Week 35! Special shoutout to Prof.Otaku for also posting research findings.

Togekiss is still being figured out in this tier, but it has many good utility options. Thunder Wave, Defog, and Heal Bell were all tested, and Togekiss offered important support for Pokemon like Mienshao and Zarude. It also meshes well with Rhyperior, and overall is just a solid defensive option that can also explore Nasty Plot sets.

Rotom-H was slightly tested also, but it couldn't seem to find a slot for Nasty Plot, and the newest shifts may have regulated the oven down a few notches in viability.

Now on to Week 36!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ss/Nidoking:
Nidoking
Ability: Any
Any Nature
-
-
-
-

The King is back! It's been almost a week since shifts, and Nidoking has rejoined UU after a long absence. So what is the best way to use our new royalty? Find out on Week 36 edition of RESEARCH WEEK - RETURN OF THE KING!

New
:

We've made Research Week easier than ever to participate now! All you need to do is copy the optional template below when you make your research findings post. Just copy, plug in your findings, and you're done! WOW so easy! (You are not obligated to use this template, you can still post in your own way however you feel).

ZAPDOS-GALAR

SETS USED:

Zapdos-Galar @ z
x Nature
-
-
-
-

NOTABLE REPLAYS:
(link) - (add commentary, such as: "See here how Zapdos shows it is the bravest bird")
(link) - (add commentary, e.g. "Here Zapdos fails to be anything more than fried chicken")

-

SETS USED:

Nidoqueen @ z
x Nature
-
-
-
-

NOTABLE REPLAYS:
(link) - (add commentary, such as: "See here how Nidoqueen ascends to the throne")

Post here with a fresh RW alt (such as SSRW36 Stevo4u or SSRW36 AngstyMantis) and the name(s) of the Pokemon you will be using.
Post your experiences with the Pokemon you're using, participate in the discussion!
Post logs of this Pokemon in action against other teams - don't just tell us, show us
The winner of the challenge will be the person who has the highest ladder ranking on the Pokemon Showdown UU ladder with their RW alt at the time the challenge ends. Winners will also receive a permanent spot in this thread's Hall of Fame.
This week will end on July 18 at 11:59 PM GMT+0. Have fun everyone!!

INTRO: Sorry about forgetting to make this sooner, I had some other things to take care of and some family that came over. I made an entire post about Nidoking

:bw/Nidoking:

SETS USED:
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

:bw/nidoking: :bw/jirachi: :bw/chansey: :bw/salamence: :bw/mienshao:

SUMMARY: Throughout the process of getting these replays, I never really felt like I needed to change the set. Substitute always felt important to have for the amount of forced switchins Nidoking can cause, and having coverage in Thunderbolt for Celesteela and less conventional picks like Mantine is also great. I have to say though, building with this was harder than I thought, because Nidoking is a ground type that doesn't like switching into the rotom formes in the slightest and you also don't have the same liberty as Mamoswine against offense for a lack of a spammable priority move. I eventually settled with this since Lycanroc-D and Mienshao felt like a solid core against offense, and then Chansey Jirachi and Mence just made a good defensive core without dropping the pressure.

NOTABLE REPLAYS:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1373680513-14il4xigtbdvnn6r1m5pen3n5uppn6ppw - This is not how to play with nidoking; I basically fucked up by not capitalizing forced roost and that set me back a lot as Lycanroc-D was my best mon against the rest of his team, including his own Nidoking and then had to win with rng. At least my own nidoking took out two mons after I brought up substitute so that's something to keep in mind when playing with or against this thing.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1374581038-o16c6ui4weayboiafn8vegr7y51hjehpw - Without a chansey, nidoking can just slap defensive teams that don't take the initiative against it. If you got a lucky crit and kept your sub up then all the better.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1376500212-n3hfvncpec3fudi6s4867iqb6o3k1pbpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1376337744-9mvjbvbz6ojmiycw4odahchhbvbl2gupw
The king largely takes a back seat in both of these games as he cant find much of an opportunity to come in safely. This is why you keep teammates that can deal with offense.

CONCLUSION: Maybe I was a bit too harsh on the VR post for Nidoking, it has less walls than Mamoswine, but I still maintain that its not as simple as slap on and expect big results. I did see scarf Nidoking a few times which I originally thought was bad, but then wondered for a bit. You actually have better defensive use cause you now outspeed the Rotom formes, can catch mence more easily with ice beam, and can now actually check lycanroc-d for being resistant to accelerock so maybe its worth something but I haven't gone out of my way to try it out yet.

OVERALL RATING: A-

:ss/nidoking:
Screenshot_20210722-230934_Chrome.jpg
Didn't play too much but was overall fun experience, also played UU for first time in a while so that's fun. Didn't do one of these research weeks since April, will definitely try to do more. Perhaps a little more playing/experimentation is needed to get a better grasp at Nidoking, but for now I'll list off some observations while playing/testing.

======================================================================================

:nidoking:
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower

I used two teams with Nidoking, with decent success with both. I haven't played UU in a while so the first team I built was kind of thrown together, but ended up working somewhat well. My original thought process for the set was that Superpower could be a nice lure for Chansey. However, as I began playing and fighting vs Chanseys I realized how hard it is to fully abuse Superpower. As it bounces right off-of Chansey. The set and EVs can probably be adjusted, don't know the tier/mons well so this is what I used for half of my run. The other team I used was one I stole off Discord, built by user Young Lilo or Test Techles on forums. Had better success with that team, and overall helped me learn the tier a lot more.

Teams used: https://pokepast.es/7d0bc8d242f8c909 https://pokepast.es/44493dd871e0a28a

PROS

• Great offensive presence means that you're great at pressuring/punishing wrong turns/slower teams
  • Extra speed gives it the jump over other wallbreakers, such as base 80 Pokemon and below
  • While not that bulky, its typing allows it to usually survive one hit, can also be used as an offensive volt absorber (though riskier)
CONS

• Frailty means that you often have to cover for its weaknesses elsewhere, which can lead to type stacking/awkward in the teambuilder
  • Low opportunities to come it on the field, limiting wallbreaking potential
  • A wrong prediction can mean you lose a lot of momentum. Similarly if you try to play aggressively you are far more likely to be punished than rewarded
  • Revenged/crippled by common offensive threats
CONCLUSION

While its definitely really potent in some scenarios, other times it just doesn't perform too well. Against bulkier teams, many will often use Chansey, with teams without Chansey usually carrying some other form of check. While vs offense, they are usually all able to outspeed and KO Nidoking before it even gets to do anything. In some matchups however, it's able to pull its weight. However, in my experience so far Nidoking has been quite lacking.

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1377639420 vs Rain, Nidoking did nothing besides be fodder (though I should've definitely sludge waved on the Chansey)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1377256918 It's able to live a key hit and KO back. Also nabbed 2.5~ kills this game, definitely applied a lot of pressure
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1377248735 Theoretically their whole team would get 6-0 by Nidoking but itnever got the opportunity to get on the field

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
I didn't had too much time to test, but I figured out that I had to post soooo here we go :).
1627342283900.png

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch
So I made a little adaptation, as King's running Punch over TBolt or Fire Blast for beat Chansey, given that it's been on the rise and it's only walled by Celesteela anyways (oh and you can't hit Amoong too hard either).
As for the niche of this mon, well, build around this was 100% a pain, as it doesn't offer defensive utility nor it's a fast mon, however, it still hits really hard and imo, the idea of this mon is pair it with another electric-inmunity/resist, as now u can get a decentish-pairing for it. Here's the team which I tested:
https://pokepast.es/7ce8024db62a341f
:ss/nidoking: :salamence: :umbreon: :rotom-wash: :sylveon: :rhyperior:
It was the mon choosed for the Research Week so it had to be the star of the team ofc.

:nidoking: :ss/salamence: :umbreon: :rotom-wash: :sylveon: :rhyperior:
Mence's probably the nicest defogger rn, as it's able to beat some rain pals such as Keld, Krook (sorta), Buzzwole (sorta again), Zarude and a myriad of other mons while retaining Defog + Intimidate + Ground-inmunity on one slot, unholy mon and def deserved an spot here, as it supports King too given that King is a super wonky Fighting-Resist and Mence tanks rain mons (Kingdra's annoying asf tho), so ye it has a deserved spot here.

:nidoking: :salamence: :ss/umbreon: :rotom-wash: :sylveon: :rhyperior:
Umbreon's the glue, as it can devour imponent threats such as DD Mence, Gyara, Necrozma, SubToxic Aegislash, GalarBro sometimes and cheesy Indeedee-Female teams, making it a really good balance pick atm, as it's also able to spread wishes and keep the mons healthy with Heal Bell. You can run Moonlight over Protect btw but I prefer Protect because it helps you to scout moves and stuff like that.

:nidoking: :salamence: :umbreon: :ss/rotom-wash: :sylveon: :rhyperior:
Rotom-Wash Scarf is probably, one of the most interesting picks here, as it's a nice speed control, something which my team just doesn't have. It also handles Togekiss decently too, one of the threats of my team w/o it (Rhyp handles it but can get worn downed, tho double Wishpass may be enough to keep it healthy prob).

:nidoking: :salamence: :umbreon: :rotom-wash: :ss/sylveon: :rhyperior:
A minute ago I said that King was the star...well, that was true but there's another star to compete with it, and that's Swylweon! Yeah, a really good offensive mon (idea stoled from Sickist) thanks to it's bulk, it's Fairy-Type and it's access to Mystical Fire. Now you'll be asking, ''Scor, why did u picked Sylv and not goated Prim?'', well, the niche is Wish, Wish CM is pretty cool atm as it has the enough bulk to pull it (ofc carefully) and unlike Prim, it also resists Volt Switch from WashTom relatively well too, I should be explaining this on the metagame discussion thread so imma not expand more.

:nidoking: :salamence: :umbreon: :rotom-wash: :sylveon: :ss/rhyperior:
Rhyp is the second Ground-Type, as it's a WAY more reliable volt absorber (it has problems vs Washtom though) while it also offers rocks & interesting utility. Rachi > Rhy is an option but then the electric types MU may be worse.

Replays: Imma edit this post later, I'm on phone but I have 1.

Conclusion: Frail but decent, its a wonky electric inmunity & fighting/fairy resist but nb aside it, it hits p hard and has good coverage.

Rate: B

Sry the delay, but now its done! :)

Last edited:
I'm back after a while !

Week 37 ! Congratulations to turtledoggo1 for winning the week36 !

Nidoking is a powerful pokemon that with good anticipation can take a kill every time it enters the field. But you have to be able to find that opportunity. The bulk and the double offensive type of nidoking doesn't allow it to come free on many pokemon. Its low speed makes it easy to renvengekill. It is also interesting to note that nidoking has no use against HO. Also Nidoking is obliged to play Superpower/Focus Punch to be able to pass chansey, it blocks it completely otherwise.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs:any
any Nature
-
-
-
-

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: any
any Nature
- Meteor Beam
-
-
-

To start, we want to test Mienshao Life Orb, it is the only fast offensive pokemon with the Regenerator talent available in UU, which makes it a threat over time. Despite its very poor bulk, the sd or Aoa sets seem very powerful and could make it the next threat of the tier.

Necrozma is our second choice, and we want to test the Meteor Beam set. It's a very strong ho set with Autotomize, but could very well be seen in a more balanced team as a win cond.

New :

ZAPDOS-GALAR

SETS USED:

Zapdos-Galar @ z
x Nature
-
-
-
-

NOTABLE REPLAYS:

-

SETS USED:

Nidoqueen @ z
x Nature
-
-
-
-

NOTABLE REPLAYS:

Post here with a fresh RW alt (such as SSRW37 Draconic or SSRW37 Cake) and the name(s) of the Pokemon you will be using.
This week will end on August 14 at 11:59 PM GMT+0. Have fun everyone!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)