Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:ss/vaporeon:
this mermaid!
:durant::vaporeon::diancie::flygon::cobalion::reuniclus:
to start off with i paired vaporeon with diancie, as it would free up flip turn on vaporeon which is really nice to keep momentum on the likes of zarude and roserade. next i added durant in order to break teams after coming in on the grasses vaporeon lures in, additionally, its a great wish recipient as it gets chipped pretty quickly from hazards and lo recoil. the next addition was reuniclus as i wanted something to take advantage of gastro or seismitoad that can block flip turn, which cm reuni does really well. i decided to go no item in order to give a poltergeist immunity which is a necessary addition to this team, after this i needed hazard control and an electric immunity so flygon fit great, defensive defog flygon is really good rn imo, and it adds another pivot. lastly, i wanted a zarude switch in so cobalion was pretty much a necessity as i also wanted a bit of speed.

cobalion + durant form a pretty amazing breaking core for this team, as people don't really prepare amazing resists for either, while they're able to tear down shared checks. durant's first impression is this team's main form of speed control, but i think the defensive backbone is solid enough thanks to vaporeon that it works even though the team is relatively slow. hope you enjoy the team!

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed
i would like to request a team featuring
:ss/marowak-alola:
preferably trick room, although it is a bit matchup fishy so if the builder wanted to do something else that would be fine (idt wak fits on much else though)

ima check the archives next time

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
:durant::vaporeon::diancie::flygon::cobalion::reuniclus:
to start off with i paired vaporeon with diancie, as it would free up flip turn on vaporeon which is really nice to keep momentum on the likes of zarude and roserade. next i added durant in order to break teams after coming in on the grasses vaporeon lures in, additionally, its a great wish recipient as it gets chipped pretty quickly from hazards and lo recoil. the next addition was reuniclus as i wanted something to take advantage of gastro or seismitoad that can block flip turn, which cm reuni does really well. i decided to go no item in order to give a poltergeist immunity which is a necessary addition to this team, after this i needed hazard control and an electric immunity so flygon fit great, defensive defog flygon is really good rn imo, and it adds another pivot. lastly, i wanted a zarude switch in so cobalion was pretty much a necessity as i also wanted a bit of speed.

cobalion + durant form a pretty amazing breaking core for this team, as people don't really prepare amazing resists for either, while they're able to tear down shared checks. durant's first impression is this team's main form of speed control, but i think the defensive backbone is solid enough thanks to vaporeon that it works even though the team is relatively slow. hope you enjoy the team!
Thank you! (again, because u built that amazing sylv team as well, now u built this amazing vapo team :D)
Espeon is next smile

:lucario::ribombee::raikou::seismitoad::mimikyu::togekiss:

so to start off, as i knew i wanted webs i decided to go aura sphere > vacuum wave and added ribombee as it's the best webber in my opinion. after this i decided to go cm raikou as i've personally been owned by it a couple of times when i decide to go roserade as the answer, in addition, with webs support scarfers like mienshao and zarude don't outspeed it anymore. next i added seismitoad for some defensive solidity as well as rocks, it is also able to knock zarude for mimikyu later in the game, ice punch is to hit noivern and crobat which are able to annoy lucario. the next addition was mimikyu in order to both help the screens matchup and add an extremely dangerous sweeper under webs, and lastly i added togekiss as a zarude and noivern check, in addition to being a great sweeper. sorry for taking so long, but hope you like the team!

:inteleon::roserade::golisopod::mienshao::diancie::flygon:

hey, i wasn't able to build around focus energy inteleon as gastrodon is just too common, but you can see if it works on this team. anyway, instead i decided to go for a boots set in order to not lose momentum from clicking a water move into gastrodon or milotic. to take advantage of forcing in bulky waters, i decided to add spikes roserade and golisopod to force out and knock gastro/milo, respectively. the next addition was mienshao to take advantage of a weakened gastrodon or a grass like roserade switching into inteleon. after this i decided to add diancie to get a togekiss answer in just one slot, and lastly i added scarf flygon as the necessary ground type, however previously i've used lo flygon so thats also a possibility.

the screens matchup is kind of iffy although it is looking likely that light clay gets banned. if it doesn't, you can try going zarude over roserade, spikes instead of brick break on golisopod, scarf mienshao, and spdef defog flygon. hope you like the team!
Thanks, the team looks great! I can't wait to try it out.

TheFranklin

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/3075fe601c991a11
Requesting a team built around Specs indeedee, maybe Pokemon who benefit from no priority and a Pokemon that threatens Incineroar/Snorlax to help indeedee with beating them would fit on a team with indeedee? Thanks in advance
:[indeedee]: :[volcanion]: :[cobalion]: :[dhelmise]: :[togekiss]: :[flygon]:

I slightly tweaked the indeedee moveset since it really doesn't need shadow ball and trick can be very nice to cripple defensive mons.
The most common switch-ins to indeedee are dark types (mainly incineroar and zarude) and bulky steel. Therefore I added both volcanion and cobalion so you have answers to those. However, it is still hard to get of zarude and incin and they prevent you from spamming expanding force. Hence this cheeky dhelmise set with switcheroo ring target. Incineroar and zarude are natural switch-ins to dhelmise, so it shouldn't be too hard to give them a ring target and then freely spam expanding force with indeedee. Last two are togekiss and flygon to cover the existing type weaknesses and give some speed control.

Overall, the team is pretty offensive, so keeping up momentum is important.
Possible changes: If you don't like the dhelmise, you can also make it a zarude which is a bit more reliable and gives you a psychic immunity.
Togekiss can also be thunder wave over aura sphere. I went with aura sphere to have another way of threating stakataka. However, the team is weak to opposing togekiss, so having thunder wave would help with that.

TheFranklin

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Did someone reply to my sharpedo request or am I just crazy?
Like I thought somebody did but I can’t find it
The sharpedo team you have been waiting for is finally here.
:[sharpedo]: :[cobalion]: :[gardevoir]: :[flygon]: :[golisopod]: :[polteageist]:

The idea behind the team is simple, get up hazards and let sharpedo, flygon, polteageist break for each other.
Cobalion is the steel type and rocker for the team. Golisopod provides spikes, knock off for heavy-duty boots users, a water resist and some priority with first impression and aqua jet. Dd lum flygon is a pretty cool set, which allows you to safely set up versus most defensive mons. It also gives the team an electric and ground immunity. Gardevoir as scarfer can clean up late game, but can also bring back one of the other sweepers with healing wish. Energy ball is there as gastrodon can be annoying and this gives the team another way to ohko it.
Lastly a spin-blocker in polteageist, which also pressures bulky waters. The set is designed to beat an incoming zarude while you smash. You then click strength sap and always live darkest lariat from non boosted zarude. You keep strength sapping until cursed body activates which gives you a chance to either smash again or attack. enjoy!

Last edited:
:[indeedee]: :[volcanion]: :[cobalion]: :[dhelmise]: :[togekiss]: :[flygon]:

I slightly tweaked the indeedee moveset since it really doesn't need shadow ball and trick can be very nice to cripple defensive mons.
The most common switch-ins to indeedee are dark types (mainly incineroar and zarude) and bulky steel. Therefore I added both volcanion and cobalion so you have answers to those. However, it is still hard to get of zarude and incin and they prevent you from spamming expanding force. Hence this cheeky dhelmise set with switcheroo ring target. Incineroar and zarude are natural switch-ins to dhelmise, so it shouldn't be too hard to give them a ring target and then freely spam expanding force with indeedee. Last two are togekiss and flygon to cover the existing type weaknesses and give some speed control.

Overall, the team is pretty offensive, so keeping up momentum is important.
Possible changes: If you don't like the dhelmise, you can also make it a zarude which is a bit more reliable and gives you a psychic immunity.
Togekiss can also be thunder wave over aura sphere. I went with aura sphere to have another way of threating stakataka. However, the team is weak to opposing togekiss, so having thunder wave would help with that.
Wow very cool thanks :)

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
yo, id like to request a team around rock polish golurk. (any archetype is ok i just want to sweep with it LOL)
Flareblitzkreig, here's your Golurk team
:ss/golurk::ss/noivern::ss/milotic::ss/roserade::ss/stakataka::ss/mienshao:
Rock Polish Lurky Boi

You wanted RP :golurk: to start with and we went from there. I decided on a :noivern: as a partner to pair with it. Noivern likes Steels gone/weakened and Golurk helps big time there with EQ. I was contemplating U-turn on it to pivot on said Steels (which you can do of course), but the team needed hazard control. Next is :milotic: and it serves mainly as a defensive wall and Ice move eater. You could potentially run Flip Turn for pivoting also on this. Moving on, we come to :roserade: and man did this team need a good Electric switch in since Boots Xurk just ran over the team up to this point. Was pondering Sleep Powder > Spikes, but as always that's up to you. The penultimate mon of this team is your rocker, :stakataka:. Toxic can be used somewhere in this set for stuff like Toad, Milo, etc. Final mon is :mienshao: and naturally it's your scarfer. Nothing out of the ordinary with the team other than the suggestions I mention along the way!

Enjoy it man =)​

Flareblitzkreig, here's your Golurk team
:ss/golurk::ss/noivern::ss/milotic::ss/roserade::ss/stakataka::ss/mienshao:
Rock Polish Lurky Boi

You wanted RP :golurk: to start with and we went from there. I decided on a :noivern: as a partner to pair with it. Noivern likes Steels gone/weakened and Golurk helps big time there with EQ. I was contemplating U-turn on it to pivot on said Steels (which you can do of course), but the team needed hazard control. Next is :milotic: and it serves mainly as a defensive wall and Ice move eater. You could potentially run Flip Turn for pivoting also on this. Moving on, we come to :roserade: and man did this team need a good Electric switch in since Boots Xurk just ran over the team up to this point. Was pondering Sleep Powder > Spikes, but as always that's up to you. The penultimate mon of this team is your rocker, :stakataka:. Toxic can be used somewhere in this set for stuff like Toad, Milo, etc. Final mon is :mienshao: and naturally it's your scarfer. Nothing out of the ordinary with the team other than the suggestions I mention along the way!

Enjoy it man =)​
ur goated tyvm!

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hello. as a non ru player I would like to request a team that I can play everywhere; im interested in this tier and I'd like to have a team made for me before jumping straight up to building myself.

that being said I'd like a team built around suicune that has some sort of zarude and co. lures. thanks !

Mac3

hey, id like to request a team built around drought NP ninetales. Im fine with any set but please stray from building a full sun team.
:ninetales::noivern::steelix::crobat::tangela::sylveon:

this is a team I've had for a while, originally built it as a draft during RUPL but i've made some adjustments to it since then. the idea is to pressure special tanks like p2 and snorlax with toxic noivern to help ninetales sweep. the ninetales set is pretty self-explanatory, np with the best coverage it has, scorching sands hits fires and dragalge. after this i added a solid defensive core of steelix + tangela for electrics and golurk as well as zarude, i decided to go for ironpress on steelix as ninetales is setup bait for snorlax. after this i chose crobat for defog as i had tangela and lix which need hazards gone, i decided to go for sludge bomb as the stab of choice in order to beat togekiss, lastly i added sylveon for clerical support as the team was quite defensive in nature. hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:
:ninetales::noivern::steelix::crobat::tangela::sylveon:

this is a team I've had for a while, originally built it as a draft during RUPL but i've made some adjustments to it since then. the idea is to pressure special tanks like p2 and snorlax with toxic noivern to help ninetales sweep. the ninetales set is pretty self-explanatory, np with the best coverage it has, scorching sands hits fires and dragalge. after this i added a solid defensive core of steelix + tangela for electrics and golurk as well as zarude, i decided to go for ironpress on steelix as ninetales is setup bait for snorlax. after this i chose crobat for defog as i had tangela and lix which need hazards gone, i decided to go for sludge bomb as the stab of choice in order to beat togekiss, lastly i added sylveon for clerical support as the team was quite defensive in nature. hope you enjoy the team!
Tyvm for the team, I think you forgot to link the paste with the sprites though. I would appreciate it if you could include it for comfort reasons. Nonetheless thanks for the fast reply and the fun looking Team!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
I want a solid team with Indeedee-Female, its URed but on UU it has a solid niche as a Hwisher and I assume that it could be nice w Poltea so...
(If not it can be replaced with a completely different request w celebi)

I made and deleted my original comment because I’m an idiot I overlooked entei in the viability and thought it was uu, but id
like to request a double dog suicune + entei balance team (bonus points if metagross is added, but I dont want m request to be too restrictive)

ideally, I like setup suicune and band/boots entei are both nice, but I am open to other alternatives. I’m new to this tier, but saw it was where some of my favorites are, so I don’t know exactly what I want it to do, but having entei as a breaker and suicune as the wincon at times sounds like a plan

Mac3

Hello. as a non ru player I would like to request a team that I can play everywhere; im interested in this tier and I'd like to have a team made for me before jumping straight up to building myself.

that being said I'd like a team built around suicune that has some sort of zarude and co. lures. thanks !
:suicune::talonflame::flygon::umbreon::weezing-galar::bronzong:
sorry for the wait, suicune was hard to build in zarude meta so we decided it'd be better to do it post-shifts. i knew directly i wanted talonflame to force toxic on bulky waters like gastrodon and milotic so they can't, atleast in milotic's case, stop suicune with haze. after running some tests with fellow builders we came to the agreement that dual status was better than status + uturn as wisp was necessary for cobalion and lucario. after this i added flygon as an electric check, then went for umbreon, weezing, and bronzong as a super reliable defensive core that gives hazard control, hazards as well as cleric support and wish support. due to this, i decided i wanted cb flygon with first impression as some addition speed control for the team, as well as some breaking power. suicune was lastly changed to ice beam > protect as roserade otherwise was a big threat to the team with spikes.
I want a solid team with Indeedee-Female, its URed but on UU it has a solid niche as a Hwisher and I assume that it could be nice w Poltea so...
(If not it can be replaced with a completely different request w celebi)
:celebi::necrozma::flygon::diancie::starmie::cobalion:
i wanted to pair celebi with something that could weaken incineroar and steels, which led me to use the necrozma set, that i've really liked for a while. it pairs amazingly with celebi as they break steels and incin together. the next addition was defog flygon, specifically no-item flygon, in order to serve as a poltergeist check for golurk and marowak-alola, which pose huge threats to the rest of the team. it is important to note that necrozma outspeeds both golurk and marowak and can knock them, and after this it'll be able to 1v1 both of them. after going flygon i decided to go heal bell diancie, as this necrozma set often trades toxic with bulky waters and appreciates the cleric support. diancie is also a great chandelure check. i then added cobalion, thunder wave + volt switch was chosen as the filler moves to lure 'mons like noivern, crobat, and chandelure to help celebi sweep, however those moves are open to experimentation. lastly, starmie was added for a cool, anti-meta breaker, this slot is very expendable though, so if you don't like starmie feel free to change it.

lastly, i built :marowak-alola::raikou::xatu::seismitoad::umbreon::klefki: however i can't find the request anymore. i know NEON_Voyager wanted a marowak team, although this isn't trick room. if anyone wants to test it out hmu on disc mac3#8411 and i can explain it.

i would want to request a team with the swords (doublade). zarude leaving obviously helps him a lot but he still seems to struggle with things like status, knock off and the obvious no recovery. so i thought maybe umbreon would be a good fit (i just typed in wish and heal bell lol).

so i would like to request a team with doublade+umbreon (or another eevolution if you guys think that one fits the heal bell/wish spot better)

wassup team building hommies, here to ask for a nice Alolan ninetales team to slap ladder
yoooo A floor Mat, sorry for being a little late but got your team right here
:ninetales-alola: :reuniclus: :volcanion: :steelix: :flygon: :pangoro:

i started with nasty plot alolan ninetales since I feel like its a decent breaker in the tier right now. After experimenting a bit, mac3 suggested using itemless knock off physdef reuniclus to remove leftovers from steels (public enemy number one in tales' case) physdef reun also generally just tanks a lot of hits on the physical side and without an item it's not scared of poltergeist either. Next I added defog Volcanion since it was a defogger with a good matchup against most stealth rock setters with a decent offensive and defensive presence and could also toxic milotic in order for my offensive core to break it down more easily. steelix was my rocks' setter of choice since it felt like xurkitree just volturned on my whole team. flygon was the scarfer of choice here to offer some speed control and take some pressure off steelix as an elec immune. i was saving up the last slot for a fighting type, because i feel like fighting+alolatales is just generally a really strong core capable of blowing many a hole through opposing teams. after experimenting with stuff like lucario and LO mienshao, i decided to use pangoro so as to offensively pressure reuniclus while providing priority in bullet punch. (shao is also just generally iffy because suspect tests and stuff)

hope you have fun on the ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)