Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
I would like a team with wallbreaker Obstagoon Guts/reckless. Probably something to cover its fighting weakness, like Rocky Helmet to punish physical attackers and the like. Something like a bulky offence/balance team, but other team archetypes can work as well if it works better.
Also I'm curious about Hatterene, would those two fit together on a team? If those two can work out I'd like to see it. Thanks!
hi, nice request there. however, hatterene is in uu, is there another mon that you intended to refer to?

TheFranklin

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
requesting a balanced team based around defensive calm mind Reuniclus + rest talk suicune tspikes core
Reuniclus
Drapion
Normal Sprite

import

Sorry it took so long, I had the team ready a week ago but forgot to post it. The first three mons are the requested core. The biggest problem of toxic spikes at the moment, is the high amount of heavy-duty boots users in the tier. To make the most out of the toxic spikes I went with drapion as setter, which also has a way of removing heavy-duty boots in knock off. Reuniclus offers another way with trick sticky barb. This also helps reuniclus with crippling dark or steel types that like to come in. Registeel is the special sponge for the team, provides rocks and can be a wincon on its own with iron defense. Flygon is the speed control of the team and adds the much needed electric immunity. The last member is togekiss, for a secondary fighting and dragon resist. Wish is very helpful to keep registeel and others healthy and defog is there for hazard removal if needed (generally this only is the case when your opponent has spikes).

I would like a team with wallbreaker Obstagoon Guts/reckless. Probably something to cover its fighting weakness, like Rocky Helmet to punish physical attackers and the like. Something like a bulky offence/balance team, but other team archetypes can work as well if it works better.
Also I'm curious about Hatterene, would those two fit together on a team? If those two can work out I'd like to see it. Thanks!
Hatterene is uu atm

requesting a balanced team based around flygon+roserade

Explanation
flygon generates momentun with u-turn and pressures fire and steel types while roserade helps it vs fire and water types while providing spikes/tspikes support,the rest of the team I would like there to be a mon with knock off to deal with hdb users and something to deal with ice types

free set for the builder

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to request a bulky or hyper offense team with a mid-end game mode with DD Physical Necrozma. DD Necrozma just seems really difficult to stop when given the right opportunity and I'd be down to play and mess around with it.

View attachment 328395
Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Dragon Dance

It doesn't have to be this specific spread to a T, but it's just a plain DD Necrozma set that more or less is what I'm looking for. Builders can take any creative liberties they like! Thanks!
:necrozma::polteageist::slurpuff::froslass::rhyperior::weezing-galar:

This team is a very basic screens HO which is extremely powerful right now. I decided to pair Necrozma with sweepers that take advantage of its breaking or takes advantage of the mons that revenge it. Polteageist is order to beat Zarude on its own, but has trouble with Incineroar, similarly to Necrozma which make them perfect partners as they can beat Incineroar when paired with eachother. Slurpuff was then added to set-up on dark or bug types that revenge Necrozma like scarf Heracross, Golisopod, or Zarude. The last sweeper I added was Rhyperior in order to give me an electric immunity and some bulk along with a very threatening sweeper. The screener I chose was Froslass as it can cheese with cursed body, set spikes, as well as having access to taunt. The last mon I decided on was Galarian Weezing as misty terrain is amazing for screens teams. Hope you like it!

Hey i would like to make an ingame ru team. Along with my buddy mimikyu ofcourse. But i dont want to use legendaries or mythicals plus i cant transfer mons from gen 7 so it has to be available in gen 8.
Since i am not good at all a normal balance team would be great.

:necrozma::polteageist::slurpuff::froslass::rhyperior::weezing-galar:

This team is a very basic screens HO which is extremely powerful right now. I decided to pair Necrozma with sweepers that take advantage of its breaking or takes advantage of the mons that revenge it. Polteageist is order to beat Zarude on its own, but has trouble with Incineroar, similarly to Necrozma which make them perfect partners as they can beat Incineroar when paired with eachother. Slurpuff was then added to set-up on dark or bug types that revenge Necrozma like scarf Heracross, Golisopod, or Zarude. The last sweeper I added was Rhyperior in order to give me an electric immunity and some bulk along with a very threatening sweeper. The screener I chose was Froslass as it can cheese with cursed body, set spikes, as well as having access to taunt. The last mon I decided on was Galarian Weezing as misty terrain is amazing for screens teams. Hope you like it!
This looks absolutely amazing! Thanks a ton! :psyglad:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/obstagoon::ss/celebi::ss/weezing-galar::ss/noivern::ss/raikou::ss/steelix:
Importable

Hey there elf_vis, sorry for this being late but here's your Obstagoon team!

As you requested, :obstagoon: is the highlight of the team and a favorite mon of mine to use honestly so kudos to you on picking a good wallbreaker to start with. Next, we have :celebi: to deal with the one surefire mon that prevents Goon from doing a lot of damage and that's Weezing-G. It can also serve as a status absorber due to Natural Cure as well as wear down Steels for Goon. And speaking of :weezing-galar: it's the next mon on the team. It serves as your main Fighting check as well as your defogger and opposing Goon check too. I know you requested a possible Rocky Helmet teammate and this is where you can be flexible. You could run Helmet > Black Sludge and then replace Will O with Pain Split if you would like. I like both options tbh. Next is :noivern: and it serves as your biggest form of speed control and you'll want to keep this healthy. Nothing out of the ordinary on it. :raikou: is your Water / Togekiss beater except for Seismitoad but that's ok since you have other teammates to do that! Lastly, :steelix: rounds out the team as your secondary Togekiss check and Stealth Rock user. Nothing different here either.

Enjoy it! Again, sorry for the delay

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
hey, can someone build a team around this? owo
:ss/steelix: + :ss/noivern:
also, i want to ask something (for future requests that i'll do)
can i actually, request a team around a mon which have seen usage on RUPL but isn't ranked, for example, Vaporeon, it got usage on RUPL (Ark used it) but isnt ranked.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
can i actually, request a team around a mon which have seen usage on RUPL but isn't ranked, for example, Vaporeon, it got usage on RUPL (Ark used it) but isnt ranked.
What mon do you have in mind? Let us know and we can try — we’ll let you know if it seems too unviable, though

:ss/obstagoon::ss/celebi::ss/weezing-galar::ss/noivern::ss/raikou::ss/steelix:
Importable

Hey there elf_vis, sorry for this being late but here's your Obstagoon team!

As you requested, :obstagoon: is the highlight of the team and a favorite mon of mine to use honestly so kudos to you on picking a good wallbreaker to start with. Next, we have :celebi: to deal with the one surefire mon that prevents Goon from doing a lot of damage and that's Weezing-G. It can also serve as a status absorber due to Natural Cure as well as wear down Steels for Goon. And speaking of :weezing-galar: it's the next mon on the team. It serves as your main Fighting check as well as your defogger and opposing Goon check too. I know you requested a possible Rocky Helmet teammate and this is where you can be flexible. You could run Helmet > Black Sludge and then replace Will O with Pain Split if you would like. I like both options tbh. Next is :noivern: and it serves as your biggest form of speed control and you'll want to keep this healthy. Nothing out of the ordinary on it. :raikou: is your Water / Togekiss beater except for Seismitoad but that's ok since you have other teammates to do that! Lastly, :steelix: rounds out the team as your secondary Togekiss check and Stealth Rock user. Nothing different here either.

Enjoy it! Again, sorry for the delay
Thanks a lot!!

Mac3

Hey i would like to make an ingame ru team. Along with my buddy mimikyu ofcourse. But i dont want to use legendaries or mythicals plus i cant transfer mons from gen 7 so it has to be available in gen 8.
Since i am not good at all a normal balance team would be great.
Hey, we don't build for wifi battles so we aren't able to fulfill this request. Let us know if you want an RU team built around Mimikyu instead.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
requesting a balanced team based around flygon+roserade

Explanation
flygon generates momentun with u-turn and pressures fire and steel types while roserade helps it vs fire and water types while providing spikes/tspikes support,the rest of the team I would like there to be a mon with knock off to deal with hdb users and something to deal with ice types

free set for the builder
Hello Pinto, for this request I altered a team I used in RUPL week 4 vs EviGaro (replay here).

:flygon: :roserade: :metagross: :heracross: :volcanion: :togekiss: (click for paste)

Scarf Flygon + Roserade do provide the synergy you wanted, letting Roserade come in against Water-types. Both work together to check Electric types, which is good because of how popular they are right now. Roserade has a cool tech here; it is Stun Spore > Synthesis, which lets it paralyze Crobat and Noivern to help Heracross tear teams apart.

Flame Orb Heracross is a crazy strong breaker that does have access to Knock Off, which you smartly suggested to remove Boots and help Spikes Roserade be more effective. You can also run LO Mienshao > Hera if you want to, I'd recommend trying them both out.

Metagross switches into Flying types for Hera and Rose and also sets Rocks; Rose covers bulky water-types for it. Pretty straightforward.

Volcanion gives the team a valuable Water Absorb mon and takes some of the pressure of checking Fire-types away from Scarf Flygon. It can also run Earth Power if you trust your teammates' ability to toxic Water-types -- Earth Power helps the team deal with opposing Volcanion better.

Finally, Wish Togekiss is a valuable glue that makes up for Roserade's lack of recovery. It can give Heracross / Volcanion opportunities to come in safely against Toge's Steel-type checks and gives Roserade opportunities to come in safely against Toge's Electric-type checks. It also checks Fighting-types and Noivern, both of which this team appreciates.

======

The biggest weaknesses for this team are NP Togekiss [you don't have an Electric] and Volcanion [you dont have Gastro or a Dragon that resists its STABs]. versus NP Togekiss, you want to offensively pressure it, forcing it to switch into Heracross or Flygon and lose HP before it gets a chance to freely setup and attack you. versus Volcanion, you want to trade health on it with your own Volcanion or pressure with other threats; this matchup gets a lot easier if you run Earth Power on your Volc.

Enjoy!

Hello Pinto, for this request I altered a team I used in RUPL week 4 vs EviGaro (replay here).

:flygon: :roserade: :metagross: :heracross: :volcanion: :togekiss: (click for paste)

Scarf Flygon + Roserade do provide the synergy you wanted, letting Roserade come in against Water-types. Both work together to check Electric types, which is good because of how popular they are right now. Roserade has a cool tech here; it is Stun Spore > Synthesis, which lets it paralyze Crobat and Noivern to help Heracross tear teams apart.

Flame Orb Heracross is a crazy strong breaker that does have access to Knock Off, which you smartly suggested to remove Boots and help Spikes Roserade be more effective. You can also run LO Mienshao > Hera if you want to, I'd recommend trying them both out.

Metagross switches into Flying types for Hera and Rose and also sets Rocks; Rose covers bulky water-types for it. Pretty straightforward.

Volcanion gives the team a valuable Water Absorb mon and takes some of the pressure of checking Fire-types away from Scarf Flygon. It can also run Earth Power if you trust your teammates' ability to toxic Water-types -- Earth Power helps the team deal with opposing Volcanion better.

Finally, Wish Togekiss is a valuable glue that makes up for Roserade's lack of recovery. It can give Heracross / Volcanion opportunities to come in safely against Toge's Steel-type checks and gives Roserade opportunities to come in safely against Toge's Electric-type checks. It also checks Fighting-types and Noivern, both of which this team appreciates.

======

The biggest weaknesses for this team are NP Togekiss [you don't have an Electric] and Volcanion [you dont have Gastro or a Dragon that resists its STABs]. versus NP Togekiss, you want to offensively pressure it, forcing it to switch into Heracross or Flygon and lose HP before it gets a chance to freely setup and attack you. versus Volcanion, you want to trade health on it with your own Volcanion or pressure with other threats; this matchup gets a lot easier if you run Earth Power on your Volc.

Enjoy!
thank you very much, this team is very cool and I used the volcanion earth power.
<3
PD:hera>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all

Mac3

Can I request a team (preferably hyper offence but not a crucial requirement) with Nasty Plot Lucario.
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
*(Doesn't have to be this spread)* So the idea I had was that shadow ball could defeat (or seriously chip) ghost or psychic type switches after a boost, e.g chandelure. But at the end of the day, the builders can use any creative freedoms as they wish. Thank you.
:lucario::ribombee::raikou::seismitoad::mimikyu::togekiss:

so to start off, as i knew i wanted webs i decided to go aura sphere > vacuum wave and added ribombee as it's the best webber in my opinion. after this i decided to go cm raikou as i've personally been owned by it a couple of times when i decide to go roserade as the answer, in addition, with webs support scarfers like mienshao and zarude don't outspeed it anymore. next i added seismitoad for some defensive solidity as well as rocks, it is also able to knock zarude for mimikyu later in the game, ice punch is to hit noivern and crobat which are able to annoy lucario. the next addition was mimikyu in order to both help the screens matchup and add an extremely dangerous sweeper under webs, and lastly i added togekiss as a zarude and noivern check, in addition to being a great sweeper. sorry for taking so long, but hope you like the team!

Requesting a team built around this Inteleon set:https://pokepast.es/758975227dde4939 I hope this isn't too gimmicky lol but maybe Psychic terrain support would help with this set to stop priority also maybe an ho works with this that would be cool
:inteleon::roserade::golisopod::mienshao::diancie::flygon:

hey, i wasn't able to build around focus energy inteleon as gastrodon is just too common, but you can see if it works on this team. anyway, instead i decided to go for a boots set in order to not lose momentum from clicking a water move into gastrodon or milotic. to take advantage of forcing in bulky waters, i decided to add spikes roserade and golisopod to force out and knock gastro/milo, respectively. the next addition was mienshao to take advantage of a weakened gastrodon or a grass like roserade switching into inteleon. after this i decided to add diancie to get a togekiss answer in just one slot, and lastly i added scarf flygon as the necessary ground type, however previously i've used lo flygon so thats also a possibility.

the screens matchup is kind of iffy although it is looking likely that light clay gets banned. if it doesn't, you can try going zarude over roserade, spikes instead of brick break on golisopod, scarf mienshao, and spdef defog flygon. hope you like the team!

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Hello, I'd like to request a team built around boots xurk. Definitely one of the scarier breakers in the tier right now. I feel like a common voltturn BO would do the trick, but I also want to see what you can come up with.

Xurkitree @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch

:lucario::ribombee::raikou::seismitoad::mimikyu::togekiss:

so to start off, as i knew i wanted webs i decided to go aura sphere > vacuum wave and added ribombee as it's the best webber in my opinion. after this i decided to go cm raikou as i've personally been owned by it a couple of times when i decide to go roserade as the answer, in addition, with webs support scarfers like mienshao and zarude don't outspeed it anymore. next i added seismitoad for some defensive solidity as well as rocks, it is also able to knock zarude for mimikyu later in the game, ice punch is to hit noivern and crobat which are able to annoy lucario. the next addition was mimikyu in order to both help the screens matchup and add an extremely dangerous sweeper under webs, and lastly i added togekiss as a zarude and noivern check, in addition to being a great sweeper. sorry for taking so long, but hope you like the team!

:inteleon::roserade::golisopod::mienshao::diancie::flygon:

hey, i wasn't able to build around focus energy inteleon as gastrodon is just too common, but you can see if it works on this team. anyway, instead i decided to go for a boots set in order to not lose momentum from clicking a water move into gastrodon or milotic. to take advantage of forcing in bulky waters, i decided to add spikes roserade and golisopod to force out and knock gastro/milo, respectively. the next addition was mienshao to take advantage of a weakened gastrodon or a grass like roserade switching into inteleon. after this i decided to add diancie to get a togekiss answer in just one slot, and lastly i added scarf flygon as the necessary ground type, however previously i've used lo flygon so thats also a possibility.

the screens matchup is kind of iffy although it is looking likely that light clay gets banned. if it doesn't, you can try going zarude over roserade, spikes instead of brick break on golisopod, scarf mienshao, and spdef defog flygon. hope you like the team!
Omg tysm this looks really good

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'd like to request a team built around boots xurk. Definitely one of the scarier breakers in the tier right now. I feel like a common voltturn BO would do the trick, but I also want to see what you can come up with.

Xurkitree @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
Feliburn, I have your Xurkitree team right here!

:ss/xurkitree::ss/toxicroak::ss/steelix::ss/golisopod::ss/noivern::ss/gardevoir:
FeliGOAT

You wanted wallbreaker :xurkitree: with the set you mentioned and that's our starting point. I originally had Mienshao for pivoting on Togekiss and stuff, but MrAldo suggested :toxicroak: and I actually loved the idea since it kind of helps with those pesky Roserade and Dhelmise. Went Low Kick > Drain for our heavy Steels, but feel free to use Drain to offset the LO recoil since the team lacks a Wish passer. And yes, Togekiss dies to an unboosted Gunk lol. Next, is your rocker :steelix: and nothing special there. We come to :golisopod: which serves as your spiker/utility Knock user/priority/Skewda check. Pretty basic stuff here too so I won't bore you. The penulitmate mon is :noivern: and we went Toxic > U-turn/Defog and this can be interchanged imo. U-turn does seem nice to pivot on Toge and others for Xurk to do its job. Lastly, we have your speed control in :gardevoir: with Teleport. I never see Teleport on it tbh, but it does sound good to bring in Croakers safely on Steels.

Enjoy the team my friend!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)