Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies Raxelgrande for how much time it took, Sigilyph can be very rewarding but is a bit tricky to build around, however, I think I made it work.

:sigilyph::dhelmise::cobalion::gastrodon::sylveon::heracross: (clickclickclick)

Starting off with Sigilyph I knew I wanted to make it CM as an offensive Slowbro counter seemed like one of its big niches in the metagame, however, you can change the CM slot to a multitude of other moves as well. Most of the time you don't even have to calm mind at all during a game, as even unboosted Sigilyph is extremely powerful and almost nothing switches into psychic + fire coverage. Next, I added Dhelmise as I needed removal and I also wanted to make the teams have spikes, in order to pressure the switches Sigilyph forces. You can go Knock Off > Poltergeist, but it ultimately comes down to personal preference. After that, I went helmet Cobalion as a good knock switch-in, and a Zarude counter as well. I finished the defensive backbone with Gastrodon + Sylveon, as I wanted some staying power in order to actually take advantage of my spikes and Sigilyph's offensive pressure. Lastly, I went scarf Heracross as the team needed both speed control and I still wanted the spikes. You could experiment with Golisopod last slot, although I personally think Heracross does it better. Again, I apologize for the amount of time, but we are working on the new request!
No worries, the wait was rewarding. The team looks weird and amazing, i like it a lot and im looking foward to trying it out, thanks for the team :D

Sorry to bother, but my team request is almost three weeks old, my doubt is if it is included in what Expluso said earlier or if it was even considered as a request in the first place lol

Eitherway, i have a cool pair of mons that can work very good together but i don't know how to build arround them.
Meteor beam stealth rock Necrozma and Heracross, my thinking is that they cover each other's types nicely and heracross can scare away dark types and bring the opponent's flying mon, then necrozma comes in and meteors beam them away (and necrozma can lure in dark types for heracross to feast on). Idk what team style is better for this pair, but my intuition says they could work good in offense and balance.

And Crawdaunt 4 Ubers is right, you all put a lot of work in this and boy if it shows, all of your teams are amazing and the dedication put in here is what keeps the forum going.
I am always right :)

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Srry if im requesting too much (tho i wanna request more in the future), but i want to request a team around Sylveon Choice Specs + Snorlax, the ev spreads and the moves are up to the builder.
Also, if in this time we can afford hazzard stacking, i'd would appreciate it but again, not mandatory.

hey there. i would like to request a team with ma bois incineroar and heracross.guts or moxie doesnt matter to me.

if you could explain then mon by mon what his role is in the team that would be great.

thanks

SD Lucario is a good fit on hyper offense as you said, it needs some support to facilitate a sweep becuse of prominent Pokemon like Cobalion that instantly revenge-kill it. This can be done through Tailwind (as MrAldo did above); I chose to do it with Sticky Webs.

:ss/ribombee: :ss/necrozma: :ss/lucario: :ss/zarude: :ss/raikou: :ss/mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/031f6c5b89c7f466

:ribombee: :necrozma: Ribombee sets webs, Necrozma sets Rocks and generally just breaks a ton of stuff with its powerful attacks. I almost always lead with these 2 in either order.

:Lucario: SD Lucario comes next; it hits extremely hard after an SD, and Webs support helps it get past typical Normal resists that would revenge it like Cobalion. If you really want to not be walled by Chandelure, you can run Crunch > SD, since with an LO p much nothing avoids being 2HKOd; however, that costs you some sweeping potential (plus you requested SD, so just hope you dont run into Chandelure).

Note that Adamant nature can help to guarantee the +2 ESpeed OHKO on Thundurus but makes you slower than Chandelure (and thus even more screwed over by it).

:zarude: Bulk Up 3 Attacks Zarude, which isn't that common, really helps Lucario sweep by weakening Noivern into range of its ESpeed or using up Cobalion's Chople Berry if it has one. Boots is nice for random stuff like opposing webs as well as making it generally harder to revenge kill by keeping it at 100%. Other items are cool here, though. You can use Lum Berry to make up for no Jungle Healing, Chople Berry to setup to +2 on Cobalion, or Coba Berry to muscle through Togekiss and Hurricane Noivern more easily.

:raikou: Raikou helps the matchup against opposing Electrics like Thundurus and Xurkitree; having no Ground isn't ideal, but Raikou+Zarude is ok because with Webs up you should never lose to Scarf Xurkitree, which is outsped by your entire team. CM + Shuca Berry helps you break through Seismitoad, letting you beat it after Aura Sphering it on the switch once, which Lucario appreciates.

:mimikyu: Mimikyu is my cleaner of choice; the typing helps against Noivern, always a threat to Webs, and lets you spinblock (although spinners are rare).

Enjoy!
SD Lucario is a good fit on hyper offense as you said, it needs some support to facilitate a sweep becuse of prominent Pokemon like Cobalion that instantly revenge-kill it. This can be done through Tailwind (as MrAldo did above); I chose to do it with Sticky Webs.

:ss/ribombee: :ss/necrozma: :ss/lucario: :ss/zarude: :ss/raikou: :ss/mimikyu:
https://pokepast.es/031f6c5b89c7f466

:ribombee: :necrozma: Ribombee sets webs, Necrozma sets Rocks and generally just breaks a ton of stuff with its powerful attacks. I almost always lead with these 2 in either order.

:Lucario: SD Lucario comes next; it hits extremely hard after an SD, and Webs support helps it get past typical Normal resists that would revenge it like Cobalion. If you really want to not be walled by Chandelure, you can run Crunch > SD, since with an LO p much nothing avoids being 2HKOd; however, that costs you some sweeping potential (plus you requested SD, so just hope you dont run into Chandelure).

Note that Adamant nature can help to guarantee the +2 ESpeed OHKO on Thundurus but makes you slower than Chandelure (and thus even more screwed over by it).

:zarude: Bulk Up 3 Attacks Zarude, which isn't that common, really helps Lucario sweep by weakening Noivern into range of its ESpeed or using up Cobalion's Chople Berry if it has one. Boots is nice for random stuff like opposing webs as well as making it generally harder to revenge kill by keeping it at 100%. Other items are cool here, though. You can use Lum Berry to make up for no Jungle Healing, Chople Berry to setup to +2 on Cobalion, or Coba Berry to muscle through Togekiss and Hurricane Noivern more easily.

:raikou: Raikou helps the matchup against opposing Electrics like Thundurus and Xurkitree; having no Ground isn't ideal, but Raikou+Zarude is ok because with Webs up you should never lose to Scarf Xurkitree, which is outsped by your entire team. CM + Shuca Berry helps you break through Seismitoad, letting you beat it after Aura Sphering it on the switch once, which Lucario appreciates.

:mimikyu: Mimikyu is my cleaner of choice; the typing helps against Noivern, always a threat to Webs, and lets you spinblock (although spinners are rare).

Enjoy!
Thanks alot, I really appreciate your help, your the best.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
hey guys, just wanted to provide an update.
with rupl currently ongoing and almost all the builders being involved in it, we will still be accepting requests. however, do note that these requests might take longer for us to complete.
ty to whoever has trusted in us to build teams so far, and hope we can continue to deliver in the future!

Hello can anyone make a team for me using this Porygon-Z set https://pokepast.es/f02c8e8d1fcf2561
Honestly it doesn't have to be this but np Porygon-Z or even just Porygon-Z on a ru team would be fine. Maybe a sticky Web team would work well with this? Honestly I don't care what kind of team it turns out to be. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
I would like to request a spikes BO with Roserade and CB Golurk if possible. Seems like it would be a nice pairing and Golurk is just a cool mon in the meta right now. Thanks ya much!

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello can anyone make a team for me using this Porygon-Z set https://pokepast.es/f02c8e8d1fcf2561
Honestly it doesn't have to be this but np Porygon-Z or even just Porygon-Z on a ru team would be fine. Maybe a sticky Web team would work well with this? Honestly I don't care what kind of team it turns out to be. Thank you in advance.
I would like to request a spikes BO with Roserade and CB Golurk if possible. Seems like it would be a nice pairing and Golurk is just a cool mon in the meta right now. Thanks ya much!
:porygon-z::golurk::roserade::metagross::aerodactyl::incineroar:

Porygon-z is a tough mon to use right now, as its relatively slow, which means that it is honestly restricted to being a scarfer. However, it does make for a great scarfer right now, with ice/normal/ghost coverage being great. I originally wanted to use teleport with Magnezone as the support to trap steels, but instead decided to just have Golurk instead, as it does what Magnezone would've done while also providing an electric immunity. After this I added Roserade for spikes and also a good way of chipping at Stakataka balances, which are common right now, as grass knot does a good chunk. I then wanted a way of handling np Togekiss, so I added Metagross + Aerodactyl as they also add rocks and some additional speed control, while being a great way of pressuring Seismitoad offenses. Lastly I added Incineroar as it gives some pivoting and a good way of removing items from the likes of Gastrodon, Golisopod, and Noivern to let Roserade's spikes chip away at common heavy-duty boots users.

hey there. i would like to request a team with ma bois incineroar and heracross.guts or moxie doesnt matter to me.

if you could explain then mon by mon what his role is in the team that would be great.

thanks
:heracross::incineroar::raikou::vileplume::steelix::togekiss:

I started off with Heracross + Incineroar per the request and immediately decided Raikou would be a great addition to help with volturn. The Raikou is 4 attacks as you don't need toxic as Incineroar already toxics Gastrodon or Seismitoad, additionally, you could also experiment with extrasensory over thunderbolt on Raikou. After this I added Vileplume and Steelix as a solid defensive core, Vileplume allowing for Steelix as a ground type as it already beats most electric types, lastly, I added three attacks Togekiss (flying/fire/fighting coverage) as a great way of pressuring common builds who rely on one of the bulky steels + Raikou as a way of beating Togekiss. You can also use a more defensive Togekiss however.

We will be getting around to the other requests right now too, I atleast have some free time to get building, so EmpoleonForLife E-create and Raxelgrande hang tight. Pokeseba do you think you could make a new request? Snorlax + specs Sylveon is very hard to build as you really want Sylveon to be the cleric set atleast.

scorbunnys

We will be getting around to the other requests right now too, I atleast have some free time to get building, so EmpoleonForLife E-create and Raxelgrande hang tight. Pokeseba do you think you could make a new request? Snorlax + specs Sylveon is very hard to build as you really want Sylveon to be the cleric set atleast.
ohhh sure, then it'd could be Sylv any set that ya guys can do + Lax/Cress (up to the builders)

:ss/sylveon: + :ss/cresselia: / :ss/snorlax:

Last edited:
I'd like to request a bulky or hyper offense team with a mid-end game mode with DD Physical Necrozma. DD Necrozma just seems really difficult to stop when given the right opportunity and I'd be down to play and mess around with it.

1617304509735.png

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Dragon Dance

It doesn't have to be this specific spread to a T, but it's just a plain DD Necrozma set that more or less is what I'm looking for. Builders can take any creative liberties they like! Thanks!

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
UPDATE
Damn, so I finally updated the archives...turns out there's so much that can be done if I'm not lazy :v4:

There has also been a change in the builders for this project!
- I'd like to thank aVocado, Bebo, col49, Feliburn, and Loom for having been on the team during varying periods
- Welcome to the team Yaily, Thiago Nunes, TheFranklin, and GoldCat (whenever he chooses to join the discord)
- Yay and zizalith will be transitioning to inactive builders, as they have expressed interest to continue helping when they're able to

Last edited:
Can I request a team (preferably hyper offence but not a crucial requirement) with Nasty Plot Lucario.
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
*(Doesn't have to be this spread)* So the idea I had was that shadow ball could defeat (or seriously chip) ghost or psychic type switches after a boost, e.g chandelure. But at the end of the day, the builders can use any creative freedoms as they wish. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ohhh sure, then it'd could be Sylv any set that ya guys can do + Lax/Cress (up to the builders)

:ss/sylveon: + :ss/cresselia: / :ss/snorlax:
:sylveon::cresselia::salazzle::crobat::seismitoad::incineroar:

Sorry for taking so long, but heres the finished product. I started with cleric Sylveon as I personally find specs Sylv kinda weird as its so slow and comes in on a precious few mons. After that I added Cresselia which appreciates Sylveon's ability to remove status, I decided to make it no item in order to better switch into Golurk, however if this isn't an issue for you I'd go leftovers for added recovery. After this I tinkered quite a bit with the remaining slots, but finally decided on Salazzle, Crobat, Seismitoad, and Incineroar. Salazzle gives the team some much needed wall breaking and speed, while also pressuring opposing fat teams for Cresselia. I then added Crobat for more speed, defog, and also something to pivot into Salazzle on bulky steels. Seismitoad was chosen as the rocker as a way of answering Barraskewda, Volcanion, and some of the electrics. Finally, Incineroar was added as a make-shift steel and a Chandelure counter, as well as some additional pressure on bulky waters with Salazzle. Hope you like the team!

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to bother, but my team request is almost three weeks old, my doubt is if it is included in what Expluso said earlier or if it was even considered as a request in the first place lol

Eitherway, i have a cool pair of mons that can work very good together but i don't know how to build arround them.
Meteor beam stealth rock Necrozma and Heracross, my thinking is that they cover each other's types nicely and heracross can scare away dark types and bring the opponent's flying mon, then necrozma comes in and meteors beam them away (and necrozma can lure in dark types for heracross to feast on). Idk what team style is better for this pair, but my intuition says they could work good in offense and balance.

And Crawdaunt 4 Ubers is right, you all put a lot of work in this and boy if it shows, all of your teams are amazing and the dedication put in here is what keeps the forum going.
Hey there Raxelgrande, got yo' team right here!

:ss/necrozma::ss/heracross::ss/xurkitree::ss/togekiss::ss/decidueye::ss/seismitoad:
Pokepaste

You wanted a team around Meteor Beam Rocks :necrozma: + :heracross: and we have it. Contrary to what you might believe, this was a pain to work with lol. I originally had wallbreaker Heracross going but then the other scientists suggested scarf Spikes and the more we talked about it, the more it just made sense. Next is Boots :xurkitree: and works as your standard bulky Water beater and practically free Volt Switch everytime mon. Oh yeah, Togekiss beater too lol. We went with a bulkier :togekiss: for your hazard control and Aura Sphere > Flamethrower to help in the Stakataka department. Nothing special there otherwise. Next is an unorthodox pick in :decidueye: and not Zarude. Why? If you see the rest of the team, Specs Toxtricity would just click Boomburst for free every turn it's in. This puts Tox in mind games. Lastly, :seismitoad: is your rocker. It will also be your Darm switch-in.

You can also run :doublade: in the team to not struggle with hail and maybe offensive Toad with Power Whip to have another weapon vs CroCune. Other than that, enjoy!​

Last edited:

scorbunnys

:sylveon::cresselia::salazzle::crobat::seismitoad::incineroar:

Sorry for taking so long, but heres the finished product. I started with cleric Sylveon as I personally find specs Sylv kinda weird as its so slow and comes in on a precious few mons. After that I added Cresselia which appreciates Sylveon's ability to remove status, I decided to make it no item in order to better switch into Golurk, however if this isn't an issue for you I'd go leftovers for added recovery. After this I tinkered quite a bit with the remaining slots, but finally decided on Salazzle, Crobat, Seismitoad, and Incineroar. Salazzle gives the team some much needed wall breaking and speed, while also pressuring opposing fat teams for Cresselia. I then added Crobat for more speed, defog, and also something to pivot into Salazzle on bulky steels. Seismitoad was chosen as the rocker as a way of answering Barraskewda, Volcanion, and some of the electrics. Finally, Incineroar was added as a make-shift steel and a Chandelure counter, as well as some additional pressure on bulky waters with Salazzle. Hope you like the team!
Hey, don't worry!, the team seems in fact, pretty cool, thank you! :blobwizard: :blobwizard:

When making a team for the BL Knights (courtesy of pokeaimmd and blunder), there was this great tech I discovered in which it was Eject Button Tailwind Tornadus-I. With it moving first with Prankster, it can put up a Tailwind and immediately eject out to a slow powerhouse, making it way speedier. It can also be used as an emergency Defogger as well.

With this unique tech, it can turn slow mons into fast sweepers, for 3 turns atleast. May I have a team with Eject Button Tailwind Tornadus-I? Thank you in advance!

When making a team for the BL Knights (courtesy of pokeaimmd and blunder), there was this great tech I discovered in which it was Eject Button Tailwind Tornadus-I. With it moving first with Prankster, it can put up a Tailwind and immediately eject out to a slow powerhouse, making it way speedier. It can also be used as an emergency Defogger as well.

With this unique tech, it can turn slow mons into fast sweepers, for 3 turns atleast. May I have a team with Eject Button Tailwind Tornadus-I? Thank you in advance!
Yo is it the real dunderguy???

Thiago Nunes

penguin council
RUPL Champion
I would like a request a Dragalge Volturn team
dragalge.png
volcanion.png
heracross-f.png
steelix-f.png
crobat.png
zarude.png

Import

Hey! Sorry for the delay, the team had to be changed after tier shifts, but here it is. This is an offense that besides having the high power of dragalge stabs, it also has flip turn that allows pressure its biggest checks with Volcanion who pressures any steel type in this tier, and Zarude who checks / pressures Reuniclus AV. In addition, for battle against teams with solid defensive core that this team can´t break easily, Heracross spikes is essential for long-term progress, allowing team's breakers (especially the dragalge itself) to play their role vs this structure. It is a very interesting team that enables midgrounds with the fastest pokemons, which is good for regain momentum after a disadvantageous early game. Without further ado, I hope you enjoyed it!​

I would like a team with wallbreaker Obstagoon Guts/reckless. Probably something to cover its fighting weakness, like Rocky Helmet to punish physical attackers and the like. Something like a bulky offence/balance team, but other team archetypes can work as well if it works better.
Also I'm curious about Hatterene, would those two fit together on a team? If those two can work out I'd like to see it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)