Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i would want to request a team with the swords (doublade). zarude leaving obviously helps him a lot but he still seems to struggle with things like status, knock off and the obvious no recovery. so i thought maybe umbreon would be a good fit (i just typed in wish and heal bell lol).

so i would like to request a team with doublade+umbreon (or another eevolution if you guys think that one fits the heal bell/wish spot better)

https://pokepast.es/5af177028b113e6b
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Dragalge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flip Turn
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic

Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Aura Sphere

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 180 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

Functional core tbh since doublade do appreciate the wish support and has notable synergy with umbreon. Standard swords dance set for doublade, speed is for 0 speed gastrodon to land the finishing blow before it gets to recover. Standard Umbreon with wish support and heal bell. Togekiss just compliments the core super well for additional draco resist and solid win condition while providing para support since there is no scarfer. Dragalge is the water and fire resist to cover a ton of important check points while still retaining a similar "grass" property besides the ground weakness, raikou is the speed control and important way of beating opposing togekiss. Seismitoad provides rocks, additional fire resist, appreciates wish and gives a certified way to kill opposing gastro and toads without relying on toxic spam.

Hope you enjoy!
I would like a team with Durant + Noivern, any sets will do!

https://pokepast.es/1293904cee839289
Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Stomping Tantrum

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 24 SpA / 208 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off / Future Sight
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 184 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Diamond Storm

Flygon
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost

Roserade @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Synthesis

Durant is well supported with covering its weaknesses while it returns the favor doing some good breaking. Team built around providing durant all the chances to destroy a team. Noivern is indeed a very good partner to cover fire type weaknesses and giving u-turn support to bring it safely vs a fairy. AV Reuniclus provides additional psychic check since teams like this tend to suffer vs psychic types so this set is knock + 3 attacks, feel free to change knock off for future sight if you want the additional damage support. Diancie provides an actual dragon check and gives rocks and very solid defensive presence. Itemless Flygon is your golurk and poltergeist check which is really important otherwise physical ghosts would just pick. To round it up 3 attacks synthesis roserade for additional water resist and fairy check. Doublade, Chandelure and Metagross are threats hence the reason there are a good couple of shadow balls to keep them at bay, any issues let us know.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

Functional core tbh since doublade do appreciate the wish support and has notable synergy with umbreon. Standard swords dance set for doublade, speed is for 0 speed gastrodon to land the finishing blow before it gets to recover. Standard Umbreon with wish support and heal bell. Togekiss just compliments the core super well for additional draco resist and solid win condition while providing para support since there is no scarfer. Dragalge is the water and fire resist to cover a ton of important check points while still retaining a similar "grass" property besides the ground weakness, raikou is the speed control and important way of beating opposing togekiss. Seismitoad provides rocks, additional fire resist, appreciates wish and gives a certified way to kill opposing gastro and toads without relying on toxic spam.
that teams looks really fun, i just have 1 question. what are the speed ev's for on the pokemon without max speed?

that teams looks really fun, i just have 1 question. what are the speed ev's for on the pokemon without max speed?
16 speed evs on Umbreon are needed to outspeed max speed adamant Doublade (170>169)
the spread on Dragalge is needed to outspeed 0 investment base 50 speed pokemons (most notable ones: Diancie, Vileplume, Registeel)
not sure about Seismistoad, I guess this spread lets you outspeed 0 speed invested Milotic since he's running Power Whip (not sure because Milotic can run speed investments to creep max speed Adamant Golurk)

16 speed evs on Umbreon are needed to outspeed max speed adamant Doublade (170>169)
the spread on Dragalge is needed to outspeed 0 investment base 50 speed pokemons (most notable ones: Diancie, Vileplume, Registeel)
not sure about Seismistoad, I guess this spread lets you outspeed 0 speed invested Milotic since he's running Power Whip (not sure because Milotic can run speed investments to creep max speed Adamant Golurk)
thank you so much. when you are newer to a tier i find speed tiers one of the most interesting things

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I made and deleted my original comment because I’m an idiot I overlooked entei in the viability and thought it was uu, but id
like to request a double dog suicune + entei balance team (bonus points if metagross is added, but I dont want m request to be too restrictive)

ideally, I like setup suicune and band/boots entei are both nice, but I am open to other alternatives. I’m new to this tier, but saw it was where some of my favorites are, so I don’t know exactly what I want it to do, but having entei as a breaker and suicune as the wincon at times sounds like a plan
Hey there THKNKG, I have half of your request right here since it was tough for us to create a team around both setup Suicune and Entei at the same time. So, I will be posting a team around Entei and Expulso will be posting one around Suicune later. You will get both. So, w/o further ado

:ss/entei::ss/milotic::ss/roserade::ss/metagross::ss/crobat::ss/flygon:
Entei Balance (pokepast.es)

Alright, so you definitely wanted :entei: on this team and you got it! I gave it some fancy Boots to give it more opportunities to come in without having to worry about hazards. Feel free to put a Band on it for that damage output, but move freedom + no hazard damage = good teammate. Toxic is there for the Waters that get in your way (Toad, Milo, etc). Next is :milotic: and it's your "Suicune" substitute. The only difference being that it has Haze for stuff like Cloyster (now that it doesn't have access to King's Rock), and Toxic for other Waters. :roserade: gives you a Raikou/Xurk switch in and let's you check Togekiss as well. Feel free to go Spikes > Sleep Powder here for extra hazard chip. Speaking of Togekiss checks, :metagross: is another one and is your rocker. At this point, the Toxic coverage is getting "out there" so by all means change it here to a coverage move or smth. :crobat: is your hazard control and gives you some speed control. Thankfully Mienshao is gone now so it takes care of most of the Fightings we have now (Heracross, Pangoro, Lucario ig?). Lastly, we have the fastest scarfer we have now with Shao gone in :flygon:. Nothing strange here; Stone Edge hits both Togekiss and Talonflame. I hope you enjoy this 1/2 of the team. Expect another post later with the other half.​

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, providing the other half of this request with a Suicune team:
I made and deleted my original comment because I’m an idiot I overlooked entei in the viability and thought it was uu, but id
like to request a double dog suicune + entei balance team (bonus points if metagross is added, but I dont want m request to be too restrictive)

ideally, I like setup suicune and band/boots entei are both nice, but I am open to other alternatives. I’m new to this tier, but saw it was where some of my favorites are, so I don’t know exactly what I want it to do, but having entei as a breaker and suicune as the wincon at times sounds like a plan
Hello, providing the other half of this request with a Suicune team:

https://pokepast.es/214fb09130bd96f3

:ss/darmanitan: :ss/suicune: :ss/flygon: :ss/heracross: :ss/bronzong: :ss/decidueye:

Darmanitan is chosen over Entei due to its ability to permanently cripple SubCM Suicune's Water-type answers, most notably Haze Milotic, with Trick. Defog Flygon provides good removal, which Scarf Darmanitan really appreciates due to its Stealth Rock weakness, and it also can force a Toxic onto Water-types like Gastrodon so that your dog Suicune can then set up on them. (I suppose Ice Beam could be dropped for Protect, Roar, or Rest, but you might appreciate Ice Beam's ability to instantly hit other grasses in fast-paces games while also ensuring you aren't screwed over by Heal Bell users alongside the opponent's Water immunity).

Flame Orb Heracross wallbreaks on the physical side and appreciates Darmanitan bringing it into battle versus targets like Gastrodon and defensive Flygon. Bronzong sets Rocks, checks Togekiss, and can also switch into Gastrodon with Levitate and force it to take a Toxic. You may notice it has a lot of attack investment; this is to ensure that Heavy Slam is reliably able to 2HKO even bulky NP Togekiss, which is important here due to this team having relatively low counterplay to Toge.

Finally, Decidueye makes a FWG core with Darm + Entei, gives the team another fighting check and pivot while letting you answer Ground and Water-types with something other than Suicune, letting you save its health for later in the game. If you want some things to try, it can run Shadow Sneak > Uturn for Focus Sash Polteageist, a mon which is very annoying if Rocks aren't up. Although it is a fringe Pokemon, I could also see Rotom-Mow working over Decidueye to better pressure Togekiss and Flying-types like Crobat for this team, since we're forced to go to the relatively passive Bronzong (or late-game sweeper Ice Beam Suicune) against them right now.

that's the team! possible changes to experiment with:
- Metagross or Stakataka > Bronzong lets you more offensively threaten switch-ins to Decidueye / Heracross such as Crobat and Togekiss;
- Shadow Sneak > Uturn Decidueye if you find yourself too annoyed by Focus Sash Polteageist HO;
- Rotom-Mow > Decidueye if you want to keep Bronzong but be more able to pressure Flying-types.

yes id like hail too
ok so since 2 people requested hail of course i had to make 2 of these teams.

TEAM 1
:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: :starmie: :incineroar: :stakataka: :flygon:

alolatales and arctozolt form the main core of both team and both of their roles are pretty self explanatory. i like hydro pump on arctozolt so that it can hit steelix. next i wanted starmie to provide hazard removal while providing a fire resist. Incineroar and Stakataka were next to complete the defensive core while providing momentum and stealth rocks repsecively. lastly, i noticed that 3 mons on the team were weak to ground so i added a scarf flygon to provide a ground immunity along with speed control outside of hail. This is a pretty standard hail build that relies on Arctozolt to break and its teammates to support it.

TEAM 2
:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: :raikou: :crobat: :necrozma: :flygon:

oh boy. this team is really something. with the ban of mienshao, the only scarfer capable of outspeeding arctozolt is now flygon. What can i use now to lure and beat said scarfer? Enter air balloon raikou. With weather ball, raikou can come in on flygon's earthquake and annihilate it with a base 100 power ice-type move. weather ball under hail also has the unique feature of hitting both celebi and roserade super-effectively and with its othwerwise standard moveset, raikou can function as a great pivot and do raikou things in general. next up i added crobat and flygon in order to provide some security against ground-types. crobat also provides a very valuable fighting immunity and hazard removal in defog. I decided to go choice band flygon in order to provide some wallbreaking power even out of hail since i wanted this team to function even if my hail core died. in the last slot i added bulky stealth rocks necrozma to provide some item removal and a good all-purpose physically defensive wall. overall this team is just all over the place but really fun to use.

hope you like em both!

Hey there

I've been using this Milotic+Kiss duo as a defensive core on a volt-turn team. I'm pretty new to the tier, how would a more balanced team look with this core? Thinking Spikes+Defog, I like hazard control

M (Milotic) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 212 HP / 248 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Flip Turn

T (Togekiss) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Thanks!

Hi, requesting a team with Lucario if possible
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash
Feel free to change the set if necessary.

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed
i would like to request 2 teams. 1 with scarf :gardevoir: and one w specs. if 2 isnt possible, i would like scarf. ty

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, requesting a team with Lucario if possible
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash
Feel free to change the set if necessary.

Yo HiddenPower23, I got your awesome Lucario team right hea....

:ss/lucario::ss/noivern::ss/gastrodon-east::ss/gardevoir::ss/diancie::ss/reuniclus:
SD Lucario

You wanted a team around SD:lucario: and that was my starting point. With Mienshao gone, it's doing a good job of trying to fit in amongst the other Fightings. Nothing weird about the set, you could somehow throw Crunch in there to deal with Chandy, Golurk, etc. Next is :noivern: and it serves as a fast special attacker and hazard control. :gastrodon-east: is next and is a physical "tank" for the team. I originally had Toxic over Clear Smog, but Smog helps for stuff like Cloyster and such. It's also a soft check to scarf Xurkitree. The silent MVP of the team is next in :gardevoir: which is your scarfer. Basically it's helping you against faster stuff like Noivern, Crobat, etc. I would even be bold enough to replace Trick with Teleport for some funny reactions and tech. Your penultimate mon is :diancie: and as expected, it's your rocker and a special tank. Feel free to go Heal Bell > Toxic but Toxic works ok here. Lastly, since the team was rather Electric/Special attacker-weak, I went AV:reuniclus: to eat up such hits and fight back. Overall, nice looking team. Enjoy!
i would like to request 2 teams. 1 with scarf :gardevoir: and one w specs. if 2 isnt possible, i would like scarf. ty
Feel free to use this team for your scarf Gardevoir. A Specs team is currently being worked as well! Stay tuned for that =)​

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i would thoroughly enjoy a team built around cosmic power sigilyph! moves/items/evs, all up to builder.
:linoone::toxtricity::weezing-galar::vanilluxe::slurpuff::sigilyph:

cosmic power sigilyph is kinda hard to fit so the best playstyle to make use of it is just plain old veil. i went vanilluxe as setter instead of alolan ninetales because of explosion, after that i also added galarian weezing and slurpuff as staples on veil imo. the dual taunt on the setters also helps against setup sweepers like cloyster. linoone was the next addition as cobalion has dropped a bit in usage because of zarude leaving which means you dont need its particular resists, however i decided to pair linoone with shift gear toxtricity in order to make it so you can take advantage of a cobalion revenging linoone with it and getting free setup. hope you enjoy the team!

Yo HiddenPower23, I got your awesome Lucario team right hea....

:ss/lucario::ss/noivern::ss/gastrodon-east::ss/gardevoir::ss/diancie::ss/reuniclus:
SD Lucario

You wanted a team around SD:lucario: and that was my starting point. With Mienshao gone, it's doing a good job of trying to fit in amongst the other Fightings. Nothing weird about the set, you could somehow throw Crunch in there to deal with Chandy, Golurk, etc. Next is :noivern: and it serves as a fast special attacker and hazard control. :gastrodon-east: is next and is a physical "tank" for the team. I originally had Toxic over Clear Smog, but Smog helps for stuff like Cloyster and such. It's also a soft check to scarf Xurkitree. The silent MVP of the team is next in :gardevoir: which is your scarfer. Basically it's helping you against faster stuff like Noivern, Crobat, etc. I would even be bold enough to replace Trick with Teleport for some funny reactions and tech. Your penultimate mon is :diancie: and as expected, it's your rocker and a special tank. Feel free to go Heal Bell > Toxic but Toxic works ok here. Lastly, since the team was rather Electric/Special attacker-weak, I went AV:reuniclus: to eat up such hits and fight back. Overall, nice looking team. Enjoy!

Feel free to use this team for your scarf Gardevoir. A Specs team is currently being worked as well! Stay tuned for that =)​
Thanks for the team Oathkeeper, I look forward to trying it out.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I would to request a volt turn balance team based around choice band metagross
Hello E-create, I thought this request was really interesting since I haven't tried or seen CB Metagross in at least 6 months. It was fun to give it a try, though, and I hope the team works well for you!

:ss/metagross::ss/celebi: :ss/talonflame: :ss/xurkitree: :ss/flygon: :ss/diancie:

CB Metagross is the centerpiece of the team. Celebi spreads paralysis, luring in forms of speed control like Noivern and turning them into Metagross bait while U-turning on walls like AV Reuniclus and Snorlax to bring in the supercomputer. Talonflame is really good, providing a useful Fairy resist so that Metagross doesn't waste its health switching into them, defogging in front of the Steel-type Stealth Rock users, and Toxic-ing Water-types to weaken them for Metagross. Xurkitree can come in against Water-types and is generally a great breaker; its function on this team is to lure in Grass-types, Volt Switch to Metagross, and give it free opportunities to click attacks. Scarf Flygon provides speed control, a Ground-type, and can sweep teams once Metagross weakens their Water-types; it also helps contribute to the VoltTurn core you wanted. Finally, Diancie was added as a Stealth Rock setter and check to the previously annoying Noivern. It runs Encore to frustrate CM Reuniclus, meaning that Metagross doesn't need to waste a moveslot on Trick and can afford to fit Bullet Punch for offensive threats.

The biggest threats to this team are Volcanion, to which the team severely lacks a good switch-in, and Golisopod, which can pick up KOs pretty reliably if it clicks the right attack (and is faster than Diancie, which runs Speed EVs for it). If you need to handle Volcanion more reliably, test out AV Reuniclus > Celebi.

Hello E-create, I thought this request was really interesting since I haven't tried or seen CB Metagross in at least 6 months. It was fun to give it a try, though, and I hope the team works well for you!

:ss/metagross::ss/celebi: :ss/talonflame: :ss/xurkitree: :ss/flygon: :ss/diancie:

CB Metagross is the centerpiece of the team. Celebi spreads paralysis, luring in forms of speed control like Noivern and turning them into Metagross bait while U-turning on walls like AV Reuniclus and Snorlax to bring in the supercomputer. Talonflame is really good, providing a useful Fairy resist so that Metagross doesn't waste its health switching into them, defogging in front of the Steel-type Stealth Rock users, and Toxic-ing Water-types to weaken them for Metagross. Xurkitree can come in against Water-types and is generally a great breaker; its function on this team is to lure in Grass-types, Volt Switch to Metagross, and give it free opportunities to click attacks. Scarf Flygon provides speed control, a Ground-type, and can sweep teams once Metagross weakens their Water-types; it also helps contribute to the VoltTurn core you wanted. Finally, Diancie was added as a Stealth Rock setter and check to the previously annoying Noivern. It runs Encore to frustrate CM Reuniclus, meaning that Metagross doesn't need to waste a moveslot on Trick and can afford to fit Bullet Punch for offensive threats.

The biggest threats to this team are Volcanion, to which the team severely lacks a good switch-in, and Golisopod, which can pick up KOs pretty reliably if it clicks the right attack (and is faster than Diancie, which runs Speed EVs for it). If you need to handle Volcanion more reliably, test out AV Reuniclus > Celebi.
thanks for the team can't wait to try it out

Hi im new to the forum. If possible would like a RU team with obstagoon and luciaro sweeper (phys SD or Special with nastyplot) rest of the mon can be what ever i suck at team building. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)