SS RU SS RU Sun Team

Hi this is my first time building my own team, and I wanted to build it around solar power charizard, so im open to changing the makority of my team but I did want to keep charizard at least. Thanks, I'm open for suggestions!

Here's the Squad

1594010892296.png

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

Charizard is the main core of the team, and I tried to build the rest of the team around him. I gave him Specs to go along with solar power in order to deal the most amount of damage possible. Fire Blast is his go to move, pretty much annihilating anything that doesn't hard resist it, and the other moves are just for coverage.
1594010928614.png

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Torkoal is the main sunsetter of the team, while also being able to set up rocks if needed. Most ppl have said that torkoal is a much better option over Ninetails so I went with torkoal to set up the sun.

1594010997124.png

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

I chose Rotom Mow because he covers many of charizards weaknesses and can switch in to lots of attacks. He is also my main mon to get rid of hazards so I don't have to rely on torkoal spinning them all away.

1594011040039.png

Hitmonlee @ Assault Vest
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab / fake out

Hitmonlee is the attacker on my team, so that I wouldn't have solely special attackers. Not only that, but he is also my main Specially defensive switch in, which is why I gave him an assault vest to tank some hits.
1594011059334.png

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Weather Ball

Besides Charizard, I was looking for other pokemon to abuse the sun, so I wanted to try out Heliolisk, which can put out massive damage with solar power + life orb combined. I feel as if he might not fit well in the team, but i wanted another pokemon other than a choice locked charizard that could dish out lots of damage while abusing the sun.
1594011081558.png

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore
- Tailwind / leech seed

Whimsicott is just on the team for utility purposes. With U-turn its pretty easy to keep up momentum as it pairs well with volt switch heliolisk. He also shuts down other utility mons with encore, then i just u turn into zard or heliolisk do thrw out attacks on a useless encore pokemon. I put tailwind on Whimsicott just incase there is a mon who might sweep me and i could abuse prankster to get it off before whimsicott dies and i can go into someone like charizard.

Overall thoughts:
I'm not too familiar with the RU meta, as I usually play OU, so I struggled building my team for the first time. I feel like this team lacks good switch ins, but I wasn't too sure who else to put on the team besides my two damage dealers, Charizard and Heliolisk. Any suggestions or full on replacements for my team would be appreciated, so thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)