Project SS RU Secret Santa 2021

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Merry Christmas MrAldo!
:Toxtricity::Xatu::Cobalion::Flygon::Jellicent::Stakataka:
You tasked me with the impossible... using Toxtricity on a non-HO team...
:Toxtricity:
Decided to go with Specs, mainly because it's the most fun. Also, no other sets really make sense.
:Xatu:
So the idea of Xatu came to my head where all good ideas come from... the shower. Specs Toxtricity is notorious for losing momentum and although it can pack a punch, most steel types can deal with its boomburst just fine. These steel types then set up rocks, or flat out attack, or some other utility. That's where Xatu comes in and completely denies these steels any progress. Xatu is also itemless on the set im running, so the occasional Dhelmise or Golurk are walled too, which both take advantage of Toxtricity. Another quality Xatu has is resetting momentum with the use of Teleport, something that Specs Toxtricity teams desperately need at times. Not to mention, toxtricity's 4x weakness, it immune to. Xatu overall covers up all of Toxtricity's major weaknesses.
:Cobalion:
This more directly handles the aforementioned Steel types, along with Umbreon, which Toxtricity can struggle with. Cobalion also supports Xatu's Future Sights which can be a deadly option if needed.
:Flygon::Jellicent::Stakataka:
Scarf Flygon gives the team speed and a ground type. Sometimes you can Voltturn between this and Toxt. Scarf Flygon is simply a very reliable cleaner. Jellicent is my new favorite toy and it covers up a lot of this teams weaknesses. Firstly the Reuniclus mu would be poor without it, along with the CP gross mu and sometimes even the suicune mu. It has that crucial ghost typing, which allows it to beat the fighting types that Xatu can struggle with. It's also the bulky water of the team and does typical bulky water things. Toxtricity teams can struggle with the Togekiss mu, and Staka helps with that. It also serves as this team's typical bulky steel, has rocks and such. although not being the perfect check, it drastically improves the garde mu which can probably 6-0 this team otherwise.

Weaknesses: Polteageist can do Polteageist things, but staka can take shadow ball from +2 which is how you get through that mu. Offensive Nido gives massive trouble, but they aren't exactly common at this point, so its not a huge deal. Pangoro mu seems kinda hell-ish but I haven't seen one when testing.

Merry Christmas scorbunnys

1640178176155.png
1640178194399.png
1640178214669.png
1640178227413.png
1640178244843.png
1640178254927.png

https://pokepast.es/95bc691b84c99f7f
I was tasked with building a team with Lix + a wish passer, so naturally I ended up building a version with the good 'ol VapLix core. I Goon fills the role as the breaker on the team. Weezing-G takes care of mons such as Hera and opposing Goon, which would otherwise be rather annoying. It may also defog if need be. Flygon provides a more reliable form of removal and helps make Xurk and Queen more managable. I made it itemless in order to improve the Poltergeist match up, as mons such as Golurk would otherwise be troublesome. Flygon is toxic in order to status mons such as Milo, Gastro, Vap, Dhelm, and Toge. It makes the team better off vs NP Toge in particular, which can otherwise flinch the steels down. As for the last mon, I ended up going with Cosmic Power Metagross because the team needed a better CM Reuni check. It also makes the team sturdier against mons such as Gardevoir and acts as a win con.

Okay okay, you can have another one, as a treat :)
1640178297353.png
1640178194399.png
1640178316204.png
1640178227413.png
1640178244843.png
1640178338296.png

https://pokepast.es/fe89844eb19c7fb3
I figured it could be cool to make a slightly different version as well. This team trades a better Chandelure match up and some extra speed for a worse match up vs Gardevoir and Togekiss. Teleport Starmie + Heracross takes a different approach to beating CM Reun. You simply switch into Starmie on Reun and port into Hera, which may then threaten to ko or severely weaken something. Since the team already has dual removal in Flygon + Starmie, Weezing is now free to use Corrosive Gas instead, thus making it easier to make progress by removing items. All in all the build is a bit more offensively inclined than the Vap version.

eifo can't believe I had to build for the guy whose teams I stole :]
anyways Merry Christmas everyone!
:tyrantrum: :reuniclus: :vaporeon: :porygon2: :nidoqueen: :flygon:
Tyrantrum is my breaker on the team here with future sight support it pressures the opponent's checks of tyrantrum while flygon u-turn and porygon's teleport allow tyrantrum to come in safely.
tyrantrum: It is the star mon here, I went full-on offensive with cb
I like cb over dd or choice scarf because of the immediate power and breaking potential. ( also it ohkos cobalion from full with close combat)
Reuniclus: av reuniclus is a special defensive sponge for the team
it sets up future sight which helps tyrantrum to further pressure the opponent's checks.
Vaporeon: Bulky good old vapo mainly here for providing wish support as well heal bell
it also helps with fire types like alolan wack and darm.
porygon: just a pivot for the team can sponge hits but the main reason he is here is to abuse the move teleport. just helping the breakers come in without worrying about damage is always nice
nidoqueen: serves as a rocker here but also provide offensive utility with life orb can check stuff like cobalion and pressure opposing teams even further with future sight
flygon: standard scarf flygon here with defog provides speed control
as well as provides utility with defog. u-turn is always good for momentum.
that's the team I hope you liked it. Happy Holidays everyone
also shout outs to TDR Crow Music and TGA

Merry Christmas Eve and happy holidays, cute RUers. This is a friendly reminder that we are a week away from the deadline to post teams. If you anticipate struggling to finish before the new year, please let me know as soon as possible and I will do my best to assist with tests or whatever else you may need. :blobthumbsup:

Happy holiday Ryuuji Kuroiwa! who's name I probably mispronounce...
:Entei: :Stakataka: :Cobalion: :Rotom-mow: :Gastrodon: :Umbreon:

You asked for a pretty cool core with Stakataka and Entei, both of them share defensive counterplay in Water-types, so they could try and pressure each others checks, and are both good Pokemon. Cobalion is a great Pokemon in the metagame who also benefits from Water-types being weakened and checks Obstagoon and Mimikyu well, so I have decided upon that. Choice Scarf Rotom-Mow provides valuable role compression with revenge killing, Water-type check, pivoting in teammates, and importantly to assist with Entei's Stealth Rock weakness—Defog. Gastrodon provides a few important things for this team, a Ground-type a check to Steel-types, and alongside Umbreon, it should be more than enough to check Volcanion. Umbreon provides this team valuable longevity and cleric support, as well a valuable ghost resist. Onto the Entei set itself, I decided to go with Toxic, Substitute, Protect, Flare Blitz Entei to pressure Water-types for the benefit of Cobalion and Stakataka.

:Entei: :Stakataka: :Crobat: :Celebi: :Gastrodon: :Guzzlord:

While I feel the first team I felt is a bit better, I also made a second team which I think is fairly solid. Unlike the first team this Entei is Calm Mind and is instead Flare Blitz + Toxic. This gives the team a win condition, this team does not have Swords Dance Cobalion like the first one, and Celebi isn't a great win condition. Stakataka also has Toxic>Protect which could help pressure Entei's Water-type checks. Crobat provides a Roserade check—good considering that Stakataka does not resist grass, U-turn, Defog, fast, and is a good Pokemon. I opted for a bulkier Crobat which switches into Golisopod as well as Fighting-types better. Celebi is one of the very best Water-type answers that this tier has, and unlike something like Roserade, its not outspeed by Obstagoon. Gastrodon I put on this team for similar if not the same reasons as the last team, and finally Choice Band Guzzlord. I wanted wallbreaking power and a check to Chandelure, and Knock Off, guess who has all that? Why Guzzlord, with its decent coverage, and good STAB combination Guzzlord is a pretty alright wallbreaker.

EDIT Sorry, since I forgot huge thanks to thebtboy for helping with testing

Last edited:
Merry XMAS everyone. This team is being gifted to Sage, whom I've never met but maybe will have the pleasure of battling one day when I can climb out of low ladder hero status. But here we are on the evening before Christmas day- a day where everyone is supposed to get together, get along, and rejoice in one of our favorite games to play. Although I don't post much, this project stood out to me because when I play games, I play them for their replayability, excellent story, or above all else for having a kickass community. This one is especially near and dear to my heart because out of all franchises, I'd argue competitive mons is the one I give most of a damn about since I've been playing it when I was a wee lad.

Mushy gush aside let's get into the team.

Secret Santa Gen 8 RU Edition

Sage wanted a squad built around SD Mimikyu with either spikes or t-spikes support. Being a responsible Smogonite, I set out to find partners, thru the consultation of Smogon's usage stats website to help get the ball rolling. Without getting too evidence-based in my decisions...I settled on Sharpedo second and Heracross third. The other three members were a bit of a blur but the first draft resulted in some sort of plain tasting offense squad which was not the move after some tests. I eventually enlisted some help of RU resident standout Yourwelcomethanku to help test and develop my team to its current state. And thank Rudolph I did! You helped transition the team from pseudo bulky offense to a hyper offense team. Let's get into the details of each pick.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Sneak

This was and still is the original set I opted for. It hits the basic check boxes and has a little flexibility. However I found Wood Hammer very nice to dent or check Suicune. Shadow Sneak is for faster threats, especially Shell Smash Polt and Cloysters not running Ice Shard.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Close Combat

Mixed Sharpedo was paired with Mimikyu to offer progress against G-Weezing, Steelix, Stak, Maro, Nidoqueen, Umbreon, and Reuni to name a few. Can prove to be a great late game cleaner.

Heracross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Next, Heracross was the designated Spikes user because sometimes it can threaten out bulky mons or can absorb status in a pinch. Stone Edge is on the fourth slot to not be totally useless against the tier's flyers like Toge or Noivern. Overall I simply thought Hera was a cool Spikes option and Focus Sash can nearly guarantee one layer of spikes.

Cobalion @ Occa/Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Taunt Cobalion helps to alleviate the stall match up a bit and to answer Roserade, who Mimi doesn't appreciate either. The berries are there to get a jump on Flygon or Darmanitan- whoever you feel is more of a threat. Can also absorb knock offs LRC.

Cresselia (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Trick
- Lunar Dance
- Ice Beam

This is perhaps the most heat choice of the team, and judging from previous Secret Santa's isn't so much a secret. Initially this slot was a Porygon 2 but ended up being too passive. Trick Scarf Cress can really open up a window and extend life into the MVP of a match. Just be careful not to give up Cress too early before Lunar Dancing. Great pick by Yourwelcomethanku.

Flygon @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Lastly, we have DD Flygon who can take electric and ground attacks for the team. Really just another neat option on HO to punch holes. Just make sure all ice beamers are KO'ed before attempting a sweep or wallbreak. Hopefully after Flygon does it's job, Mimikyu can step in to clean up.

Anyway, this was a fun project to be a part of. If anything else came from it, I'd say it got me more out of my comfort zone when it comes to building HO squads that Mimikyu happens to thrive in. Hope it can serve you well Sage.

~Wish you all the best.

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey Cat food and here's your Secret Santa team I should say teams, I really hope you like them it!! :3 (also s/o Yourwelcomethanku for giving me ideas for the team)
:ss/machamp: :ss/stakataka: :ss/entei: :ss/golurk: :ss/cresselia: :ss/drampa:
So I have to be fully honest, I can't find a reason to use Machamp over Heracross/Pangoro aside from TR as they can beat Reuniclus with more ease and they also have their own traits that allows em to be better than Machamp (Pangoro has Knock Off STAB and Swords Dance whereas Heracross has more speed) and Trick Room is quite niche to be honest, but I think I made it work. Stakataka + Entei was 100% a ywt inspiration honestly but I think it works fine here as they both can outlast their checks (Stakataka is more go bam so it appreciates Entei Toxic'ing it's checks such as Vaporeon in order to sweep later on thanks to TR + Coverage) while also getting a TR setter in Stakataka. Golurk LO is another TR abuser that can beat Reuniclus quite decently. Cresselia is the secondary TR setter (it's a quite key part of this playstyle as a whole) and it works rly nicely as it offers defensive utility by pivoting on stuff such as non-Sleep Powder Roserade and Flygon and chunk them (well...u KO in Flygon's case) with Ice Beam. Drampa offers Defog support and Draco Meteor + Hyper Voice is quite hard to wall (honestly is a weird choice but I wanted hazzard control + Poltea check in one slot so I put this).

Decided to build a second team cuz why not (hence why the crossed words in the introduction lol)
:ss/machamp: :ss/stakataka: :ss/guzzlord: :ss/mimikyu: :ss/reuniclus: :ss/flygon:
This team is way more offensive, as it has Band Guzzlord (OUTRAGE GO BAAAAM) + OTR Reuniclus in order to hit through walls alongside Stakataka + Machamp. Mimikyu still beats Reuniclus even tho it's really weak and Flygon Scarf Defog offers emergency hazzard removal and Speed Control in one slot.

Merry christmas everyone :3333!

Hi Beraldinho good morning and i hope you had a happy Xmas yesterday
:archeops: :registeel: :Flygon: :Umbreon: :Xurkitree: :darmanitan: this is the team you requested and i add was a bit tedious building around Archeops, but anyway here you have the team. Special thanks for Yourwelcomethanku for helping me and give me more ideas and testing w me.

:ss/archeops:

OK, here we have the victim and i have the doubt made Boots or itemless w Acrobatics. But i decided for Boots and STAB w Stone Edge and Roost for make it more longevity on the field and his horrible Ability.

:ss/registeel:

The classic set but with Protect over Heavy Slam for the opposing Trick's Togekiss.

:ss/Flygon:

OK, with this slot I had a lot of doubts, first was a Starmie w Teleport and Rapid Spin; Then was a Defog Togekiss and now we have this a nice Ground-type with Ground Immunity for the team that stuffered a lot for that.

:ss/Umbreon:

The classic Cleric for helping the team w Wish and Heal Bell and gjive a nice answer for the Psychic-type favorites in the tier Necrozma and Reuniclus =D.

:ss/Xurkitree:

And this one is my favorite Pokemon in the tier and gives in the team a nice Water-type checks and good hits to anything and a perfect Momentum core in the team.

:ss/darmanitan:

He's the Beast on the team with his aweosome Ability and his ridiculous move Flare Blitz and a nice Speed Control.

I hope you enjoy with this team bro and have a nice day :D

GoldCat

BOSSARU CUP WINNER
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending SCL Champion
Merry Christmas, Oathkeeper!

It was fun getting back to building in RU and I think I got a solid 6 in the end. Though I might had to forever taint my soul by using physically defensive Roserade (goated set) to do so. I like Diancie a good bit now with all of the Obstagoon running around, especially with Rest and cleric support so it doesn't just die to burn and repeated attacks. Normally, you would run it Umbreon or like Vaporeon but here Roserade has to fill the role, which I've found it to do quite solidly. Having a sturdy switch-in to Obstagoon means you're free to use Jellicent with few downsides and who doesn't love that. Speaking of Obstagoon, I've it here because the Psychic- and Ghost-immunity comes real handy and it's just a really stupid wallbreaker. Choice Scarf Togekiss provides much needed Speed and can cripple something like Bronzong with Trick. Fire Blast is mainly filler, so you can use Dazzling Gleam / Defog / Flamethrower or what have you if you want to.

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Merry Christmas Expulso!

Choice Specs Gardevoir VoltTurn:

So I had a little fun building this one. Specs Garde paired with RiskLisk (focus blast is a danger move but it helps af getting KOs vs potential threats like Obstagoon, Cobalion, etc.), and ScarfGon. U-turn on lisk so you don't get blocked by the ground types, and also get some chip vs mons like Celebi. I went with Stakataka as my rocker cause it looked sick, and then the special Mirror Coat Milotic to get some surprise KOs vs the electrics and grasses. Last mon is the biggest wild card, surprisingly. Sableye is a mon I just felt like using on this team cause it's a semi decent Reuni/Fighting type check in a sense. The biggest danger to this team is Obstagoon, but what can u do, just land ur focus blast ROFL.

I had versions with SD Shuca Croak and SD Shuca Drap over Sableye, so feel free to try those out as well. Hope u have fun with the team!

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
To you atomicllamas, I got you for Secret Santa and this here is your team that you wanted!

:ss/porygon2: :ss/heracross: :ss/roserade: :ss/cobalion: :ss/flygon: :ss/jellicent:
atomicllamas Secret Santa Team

I was told you wanted a team around Porygon2. This one was fun to work with since there were a few ways I could've gone. Standard P2 set for pivoting and pressuring the opposing team where needed. As we both know, Heracross is a nice Fighter rn next to Luke and can just erase Reuniclus with ease. I just wish it were faster. Speaking of, I gave Rose Stun Spore to bring faster mons down to Hera's level so Hera can just wipe the floor with them. I originally had Bronzong here instead of Cobalion but the team needed some more offense and a nice switch in into Goon while giving u rocks too. Flygon's your scarfer with Defog since I couldn't fit it anywhere else. Pringles Ghost has Scald to not be 100% walled by Goon and also serves as a check to DemonGross + Volcanion.

I hope you enjoy it!​

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Merry XMAS everyone. This team is being gifted to Sage, whom I've never met but maybe will have the pleasure of battling one day when I can climb out of low ladder hero status. But here we are on the evening before Christmas day- a day where everyone is supposed to get together, get along, and rejoice in one of our favorite games to play. Although I don't post much, this project stood out to me because when I play games, I play them for their replayability, excellent story, or above all else for having a kickass community. This one is especially near and dear to my heart because out of all franchises, I'd argue competitive mons is the one I give most of a damn about since I've been playing it when I was a wee lad.

Mushy gush aside let's get into the team.

Secret Santa Gen 8 RU Edition

Sage wanted a squad built around SD Mimikyu with either spikes or t-spikes support. Being a responsible Smogonite, I set out to find partners, thru the consultation of Smogon's usage stats website to help get the ball rolling. Without getting too evidence-based in my decisions...I settled on Sharpedo second and Heracross third. The other three members were a bit of a blur but the first draft resulted in some sort of plain tasting offense squad which was not the move after some tests. I eventually enlisted some help of RU resident standout Yourwelcomethanku to help test and develop my team to its current state. And thank Rudolph I did! You helped transition the team from pseudo bulky offense to a hyper offense team. Let's get into the details of each pick.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Sneak

This was and still is the original set I opted for. It hits the basic check boxes and has a little flexibility. However I found Wood Hammer very nice to dent or check Suicune. Shadow Sneak is for faster threats, especially Shell Smash Polt and Cloysters not running Ice Shard.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Close Combat

Mixed Sharpedo was paired with Mimikyu to offer progress against G-Weezing, Steelix, Stak, Maro, Nidoqueen, Umbreon, and Reuni to name a few. Can prove to be a great late game cleaner.

Heracross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Next, Heracross was the designated Spikes user because sometimes it can threaten out bulky mons or can absorb status in a pinch. Stone Edge is on the fourth slot to not be totally useless against the tier's flyers like Toge or Noivern. Overall I simply thought Hera was a cool Spikes option and Focus Sash can nearly guarantee one layer of spikes.

Cobalion @ Occa/Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Taunt Cobalion helps to alleviate the stall match up a bit and to answer Roserade, who Mimi doesn't appreciate either. The berries are there to get a jump on Flygon or Darmanitan- whoever you feel is more of a threat. Can also absorb knock offs LRC.

Cresselia (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Lunar Dance
- Ice Beam

This is perhaps the most heat choice of the team, and judging from previous Secret Santa's isn't so much a secret. Initially this slot was a Porygon 2 but ended up being too passive. Trick Scarf Cress can really open up a window and extend life into the MVP of a match. Just be careful not to give up Cress too early before Lunar Dancing. Great pick by Yourwelcomethanku.

Flygon @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Lastly, we have DD Flygon who can take electric and ground attacks for the team. Really just another neat option on HO to punch holes. Just make sure all ice beamers are KO'ed before attempting a sweep or wallbreak. Hopefully after Flygon does it's job, Mimikyu can step in to clean up.

Anyway, this was a fun project to be a part of. If anything else came from it, I'd say it got me more out of my comfort zone when it comes to building HO squads that Mimikyu happens to thrive in. Hope it can serve you well Sage.

~Wish you all the best.
Thanks! My boomer butt would never have gotten to Heracross as a Spiker in a million years, excited to see how the team plays and feel free to challenge me to a battle anytime you want.

TheFranklin I am your Santa, and I present to you Magnet Rise spam!

This admittedly is a pretty silly concept but I think it ended up working in practice, going offensive felt the most comfortable for softening the blow of the lost coverage on traditional 3 attacks Cobalion. Went for an Air Balloon so you could always force a Scarf Flygon to U-turn first before revenge killing you, and it's really nice for boosting in the face of Nidoqueen and some Steelix sets as well. Klefki pairs nicely for a Steel-type which actually resists Flying / Psychic hits, speed control, and another way to troll Flygons and Nidoqueens. Speaking of Queen, it was chosen as the rocker for some special punch and an Electric Immunity, I've opted for timid because I want to feel safer vs non +Spe Necrozma and Volcanion, but if you prefer Modest you could run a bulkier spread. Noivern was probably the most unorthodox pick of this team, I was looking for a soft check to a lot of Pokemon and some extra speed control, so I dusted of a Taunt Tox set which probably isn't common anymore but serves its purpose well for this team, helping to keep stuff like Suicune out of hand. Mimikyu was an obvious pick on Spikes Offense for being a great one time check, and something that can 2hko Reuniclus which this team desperately needed. You can opt for Adamant if you want to be safer with the Reun calcs but losing speed to Goon sounds pretty terrible even though this team handles it decently. Finally, Necrozma was chosen because it's silly and I find oppos often second guess when scouting it. You can pick whether you use Meteor Beam early to punch holes for either Mimi or Coba, or save it as the late game cleaner with a speed boost.

This team def isn't perfect (pains me not to have Knock, maybe try a DD Necro?) but I got top ten ish on the ladder without too much difficulty and there's outplay potential for most of your bad matchups (some Ice Beam waters, AV Reun, Xurk can be slightly scary.) Hope you enjoy, and looking forward to playing some games against you now that I'm back!

Merry Christmas C0nfiden1 0yster!

:reuniclus: :metagross: :weezing-galar: :umbreon: :steelix: :xurkitree:

You asked for a double psychic core of CM Reuniclus and Cosmic Power Metagross, so I started off with the two of them. I opted for Colbur on Reuniclus so you can get a chance to get rid of Obstagoon if your Focus Blast hits. Similarly, Metagross has a physically defensive set so you can get a KO on Goon if your Focus Blast misses as well as have a switchin to Cobalion. Weezing-Galar provides a good physical dark and bug resist and it can clear hazards, so it felt like a great partner to the double psychic core. Umbreon is able to provide cleric and Wish support for Weezing and Metagross and also provides a solid special wall. Steelix is the electric immune + hazard setter and provides a check to Togekiss. Xurkitree rounds out the team and provides an offensive check to Volcanion + Togekiss and can revenge kill Goon and non-scarfed Heracross.

Thanks to thebtboy for hosting and helping me test the team!

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
MTB'er Ben Merry Christmas and stuff

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Darkest Lariat
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Celebi @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Recover

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Heliolisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Surf

Cobalion @ Occa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Despite the request being arguably simple since an electric type is always a decent typing and Flygon this wasnt exactly easy. Electric types are on a rough spot with Nidoqueen and Flygon being premier ground types, and surprisingly enough the best options for electric types right now are the ones that arent RU by usage, enter Heliolisk. Great speed, great coverage to hit bulky Nidos for at least a 3hko. Grimmsnarl paralyzes stuff and acts as your reuni counterplay. Nasty Plot Celebi is a reliable wincon that can excel in some matchups, Earth Power to not flop vs Demongross. Crobat is crobat, outstanding glue and provides hazard support. Cobalion cause needs rocks and a obsta check, and flygon with the moveset as requested. Occa Berry Coba cause forgot to put additional fire checks and being able to stay in vs a volcanion and trade is really worth it.

Meh, this definitely reminds me Im not fan of building for this meta but thats on me. Hope you enjoy and any changes or criticism let me know. Cheers, and happy holidays!

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Ashbala happy holidays!

:grimmsnarl: :suicune: :toxtricity: :flygon: :necrozma: :mimikyu:

You requested a BO or HO with the core of Grimmsnarl+Suicune. I tried BOs at first (:suicune: :grimmsnarl: :palossand: :cobalion: :celebi: :noivern:), (:suicune: :grimmsnarl: :cobalion: :crobat: :flygon: :dhelmise:) but felt that they still weren't too defensively solid; the core restricted my defensive backbone a lot since I had a lot of other roles to fill that suicune+grimm didnt check. Thus, I went in the HO direction.

This team aims to win with the classic HO cores of Toxt + DD Flygon and Necrozma + Mimikyu with Screens support from Grimmsnarl and an unexpected partner: Tailwind LO Suicune. It's like a Sharpedo with bulk and team support, which sounded fun to me. The Tailwind support also lets you afford to use PDef SD Necrozma, which is a cool balance breaker. I go hazardless here bc there isn't a rocker anyways.

If you don't like the HO, the two other Suicune+Grimm teams I tried are linked to the sprites in parentheses. Enjoy!

edit: srry i forgot at first, added paste to top team too

Last edited:

TheFranklin

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hi Toto, happy holidays!

Here is your late christmas present in the form of two linoone teams. Any linoone team should be ho and that is thus what I made.
1640704211560.png1640704165320.png1640704218424.png1640704248789.png1640704223316.png1640704227497.png
I started this team off with a sticky web ribombee. Sticky web allows linoone to outspeed all the steels and ko them with stomping tantrum (lucario, scarf metagross and non shuca cobalion). I opted for stun spore to be able to keep the webs up versus crobat. I then added aerodactyl for rocks and taunt. Mimikyu is there as safety net with its disguise but also acts as spin blocker. I finished the team by adding two more set up sweepers in sharpedo and dd necrozma. Sharpedo forms a great offensive core with mimikyu, while necrozma pairs great with linoone as they overload defensive steels (registeel, steelix).

1640703886467.png1640703862212.png1640704099302.png1640703959600.png1640703912591.png1640703937698.png
The second team is built around scarf memento gardevoir with spike stack. Gardevoir can weaken steelix for linoone, but can also surprise a lot of people with memento, giving linoone a chance to belly drum. Heracross is a focus sash lead with spikes to chip defensive cores and is also the primary scald switch in as it does not care about being burned. Flygon is the ground immunity and also really appreciates the chip from spikes. Lastly is the same mimikyu sharpedo combo as in the last team. Not really too much to explain about that, shark mimikyu spikes has a been a great combo for 2 gens now.

For both teams you can change the mimikyu moveset to your preference (picking two from d punch, shadow claw and p rough).
Hope you enjoy the teams and have a happy new year.

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey Feliburn ... Hope your holidays went great :psyglad:

I am your secret santa and I present you a team that revolves around talonflame. Due to exams, I dont have much time to think how to build around this, I hope that you will like this team <3

The team you requested is a balance or BO and i made the team with around talonflame as defensive utility and glastrier as the main wall breaker.

:ss/glastrier: :ss/talonflame: :ss/milotic: :ss/reuniclus: :ss/registeel: :ss/raikou: (click the sprite for the teams <3 )

Glastrier is fun to use and its the main wallbreaker of this team followed by defensive utility core of milotic and talonflame who can cover its checks and threats such as metagross, steelix. Reuniclus is our special breaker and i made it as av regen to have as a main elec check since there isnt any ground mon to stop elec threats. Last is you need some rocker and i feel registeel fits this team and cover some formidable defense core with milotic and reuniclus.

This is the first time i am writing team analysis and check (pls ignore if i done anything wrong:psynervous: ). Hope you like my building and hf bud with this team :bloblul:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi GoldCat

I was lucky enough to receive this doozy of a request as a core to build around. I definitely struggled a bit but I think I came up with something that is kind of fun and compliments the core.

:polteageist: - :incineroar: -:steelix: - :gardevoir: - :milotic: - :flygon:

After starting with Incineroar and Polteageist, I thought it was necessary to have a good obstagoon check regardless of Incin having CC, and Steelix provides SR, can toxic bulky waters, and provides a Xurkitree answer. I then added Gardevoir as he speed control for the team and also works well with Polteageist as they share some common answers and Gardevoir can trick them a scarf which may cripple them. On top of that Gardevoir provides a set up chance with memento (memento could be changed to Focus Blast or Healing Wish if you'd like). Milotic is necessary for this team to not auto loses to nidoqueen and some other special attackers, while Flygon provides a fast ground resist wall breaker. The good news is that this team is yet to lose to an Umbreon (so the core is great in that regards!) but it does have some tough match ups. Hopefully you enjoy the team when you get a chance to try it out!

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Hello Mac3 and happy holidays! So you wanted a team around....
.... sigh...
Glastrier.

(Well that or stall but do you really need me to tell you to pick a balance team and change your water to Quagsire)

Anyway, here is the team: :glastrier: :roserade: :cobalion: :necrozma: :gardevoir: :flygon:

So honestly my first thought was there's no real way this is viable, but when you calc it's an easy mon to be excited about since it on paper tanks everything. The spread is a bit lol but:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Glastrier: 250-296 (62 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Stakataka Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Glastrier: 272-324 (67.4 - 80.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (basically 0 with miss)
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Flygon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Glastrier: 268-317 (66.5 - 78.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (same thing)
+1 0 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Glastrier: 256-302 (63.5 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Necrozma Meteor Beam vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Glastrier: 346-408 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Glastrier: 252-299 (62.5 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Volcanion Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Glastrier: 240-284 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Glastrier: 230-272 (57 - 67.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 196 SpA Polteageist Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Glastrier: 210-247 (52.1 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (if you hard SD on shadow ball after rocks you can bop it)
+2 16+ Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Glastrier: 237-280 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Glastrier: 246-290 (61 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (don't get air slashed)

ok reaching hard, but main points are Mimikyu on physical and Reuniclus / Necrozma on special. You could run Boots, but one it's boring and two Custap is what actually makes it threatening to an extent, that reverse ko with the damage you're expected to take but tank relatively well is imo needed for that thing to actually maybe plausibly work.

Because there's no boots and you still want to give yourself chances to do something. I paired it with Healing Wish from Gardevoir, who is also good at just owning weather which helps since this team does not handle very well. I didn't have a knocker so... uh... it's on Scarf Garde. Better than nothing! (?) I thought about making it Focus Blast cause Staka is a pain but idk we have Glastrier so really we should be fine. I also wanted some hazards and Roserade / Cobalion have decent roles on this as well. Flygon is Flygon, more defensive because yeah calcs with rocks are funny but also like you want them off. It used to be Crobat because I like the fighting resist better, but no ground alas. Necrozma is broken, so I picked one set that hopefully will be able to win lol, it's also the best one to 1v1 CM Reuniclus so yeah.

Threats well, lots of things. Glastrier tanks a lot of stuff but it switches into basically nothing, you have to consider that always. Volcanion is a giant threat because my dragon is Flygon and the team cannot really fit a bulky water (that also often loses anyway so like) except maybe Suicune but it's still awkward. Psychics are still dumb too omg.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
yo EviGaro hope you've had a good holiday season so far

Getting into it you preferably wanted a team around spiritomb, duraludon, and tsareena, however i couldnt fit all three on the same team as i felt that you couldn't get away with duraludon as the offensive steel when spiritomb lets obstagoon in so easily.

:spiritomb::metagross::vaporeon::diancie::roserade::flygon:
this team i built with just spiritomb, and decided that i wanted to include some spikestack in order to take advantage of spiritomb being able to spinblock, deciding on a defensive roserade for the fighting resist. i then added diancie as obstagoon is very scary when you have spiritomb as the breaker, and furthermore paired diancie with flip turn vaporeon to finish off the defensive core and give spiritomb some longetivity and being able to get in on celebi or other grasses which it pressures well. i then went with scarf metagross as a steel type and speed control, also being able to trick the scarf to a bulky water or dark. lastly i added dd flygon to sweep teams weakened by spiritomb and spikes, and to give me a ground for the electrics.

:spiritomb::crobat::tsareena::cobalion::steelix::starmie:
the next team was built using both spiritomb and tsareena, idea being to pressure incineroar and other physical blankets. the next addition to complement this was max atk crobat, furthering the vortex with tsareena as well, while also providing a fighting resist and taunt. the next addition to this team was cobalion as the obligatory obstagoon resist, i decided on magnet rise sd as it helps pressure gastro due to my grass being tsareena. to make up for the fact cobalion aint a real steel i aded steelix for a ground as well as rocks, my last being spdef starmie as a queen and volc switchin.

there are some options on this team, such as going toxic > taunt on bat for suicunes. furthermore you could change starmie to offensive lo and make the crobat the standard defog set, and you could also toy with the last move and item on cobalion, for example occa + stone edge could help vs noivern.

:duraludon::reuniclus::diancie::celebi::flygon::crobat:
heres the last team built around duraludon. duraludon, in my opinion, kinda sucks tbh as it is an offensive steel that cant switch into obstagoon like cobalion, but also rarely ever is able to break like a lucario would. anyway, i paired it with av reuniclus in order to pressure steels with knock and future sight, while also being able to act as a makeshift steel, after this i went with diancie as the rocker as a obstagoon switchin. the next additions were np celebi and scarf flygon, to provide the elec counters and speed control, while further pressuring steel types and not letting obstagoon in. lastly i added defog crobat for hazard control and a ground and fighting resist.

for this team you'd probably want to try some more defense on diancie, however i couldnt find any benchmarks i wanted to land on so ill leave that to you.

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hi Yourwelcomethanku happy holidays!

So, you wanted a team with the Shift Gear Toxtricity + Mimikyu core. Well, with this we are obviously talking about HO, which made me a bit disappointed and lazy to build around it since I don't like to build HO teams, and this is the reason I took too long to get this done, but here I am with your secret santa gift.

The team starts off with the requested core: toxt + mimi. After this, I decided that a spikes lead would be really appreciated to weaken the opposing defensive core, so I put Froslass in this slot due to its great ghost typing, which allows it to act as a spinblocker, and taunt + icy wind, which allows Froslass to win the lead against every defoggers, while also having Destiny Bond to possibly claim a kill in the early game. I opted for Necrozma in the next slot because it fits pretty well with the main core of the team. The DD set is a great choice which helps to weaken both opposing steel-type and water-type, which is really appreciated mainly by Mimikyu. Flygon is here for a electric immunity and a ground immunity, while being able to exercise a really good offensive pressure with its DD Set, which also helps to weaken the opposing water-type, such as Milotic. Last but no least, we have the shark, which fits really well with the team.

Well, I hope you enjoy your gift and have a lot ot fun playing with this Hyper Offensive Team, and have a happy new year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)