Project SS RU Next Best Thing - On break

:ss/noivern:
Noivern! It does what it's good at and it does it pretty fast with a ludicrously high speed stat and solid offensive stats to boot. It also has a large variety of different support options and offensive moves that don't get explored entirely too often, so let's see what it's really capable of!

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn
Submissions are open until Sunday, and then I'll start voting. Cheers!​

Last edited:
:ss/Noivern:
Noivern
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Acrobatics

here is a physical Dragon Dance Noivern, who knows maybe it will catch your opponent off guard and sweep. Brick Break hits Steel-types which resist its STAB combination, and asides that its STAB combination can hit a lot. A Dragon Dance Noivern sounds like budget DD Flygon and your probably right. Noivern also has a pretty pathetic attack stat. No item is run here so that Acrobatics have doubled power.

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo
- Roost

Specs Vern is good, draco hits like a truck, flame hits decently hard on steels, switcheroo can help with some of the tougher threats.

Normally I would start voting now, but we don't exactly have a lot of sets to choose from so I'll be extending submissions by another week and then starting voting next Sunday. Cheers!​

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Stallbreaker
:ss/noivern:
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn / Super Fang
- Roost

Noivern ran similar sets to this in SM RU, giving it a better matchup against bulkier teams with Taunt and Super Fang. Hurricane is chosen over the more common Draco Meteor for better neutral coverage, and Super Fang can be used to consistently damage bulkier foes that Noivern can usually barely scratch like Registeel, Umbreon, Togekiss and Bronzong.

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Normally I would start voting now, but we don't exactly have a lot of sets to choose from so I'll be extending submissions by another week and then starting voting next Sunday. Cheers!​
Ping me when we start a new week in discord smh otherwise that DD set woulda been my claim ._.
Anywayyy let me post more wack shit

"We Have Tornadus at Home" (Noivern) @ Throat Spray
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hone Claws
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- Boomburst

I've heard Torn-T w perfect accuracy is a broken mon, so by proxy a Noivern w perfect accuracy must be good too ! The plan, as they say, is simple. Hone Claws on a forced switch, and then Boomburst for the special attack boost, and then proceed to kill things. if yall expected better sets out of me look at noiverns movepool again and tell me why my other option was sunny day solar beam

Bulky utility Noivern

EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Super Fang
- Roost
- U-turn

We have a fast utility supporter even with almost no Spe investment with reliable recovery in Roost and Super Fang to cut in half the health of all the checks/counters not immune to Normal.
What I really love of moves like Super Fang is that they don't need to invest into the offensive stats.
U-turn + Defog are invaluable utility moves for the teammates and H-DB are perfect to get rid of that annoying SR weakness.

12 Spe EVs are enoguh to outspeed by 1 point 252 Spe+ Chandelure, Gardevoir, Kabutops, Regidrago, Shiftry, Togekiss (base 80 Spe pokèmons), so 12 EVs are mandatory to be faster anyway.
248 HP EVs are enough to reach odd hp, and this is important if Noivern is hit by a random Knock Off/Trick/Switcheroo to switch into SR an additional time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)