Project SS RU Matchmaking: Week 20 - Guzzlord (Submission) (DOUBLE POINTS)

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hello everyone! You may have noticed that this thread is under new management, I host this thread now! Functionally this thread will work in the same way as it did before. I plan to run this similar to how A Very Gay Girl runs NBT thread, I'll give a mon for you guys to match on Saturday/Sunday, and then I'll put voting up Wednesday or Thursday.

For now, I'm going to start the voting for Lucario and you'll have till the weekends to vote. Without further ado, here are the submissions:

:Ribombee: Ribombee by NEON_Voyager
:Gardevoir: Gardevoir by Oathkeeper
:Raikou: Raikou by Dr Ya Yeet
:Celebi: Celebi by C0nfiden1 0yster
:Slurpuff: Slurpuff by Yourwelcomethanku
:Klefki: Klefki by montegom
:Seismitoad: Seismitoad by Hidden Power
:Registeel: Registeel by Emil Heskey

I do plan on making some sort of leaderboard, though I am unsure if I'll continue the last one or create a new one. You have till October 16 to vote!

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hello all again! This concludes the voting for Lucario and our winner is... Celebi!

1634422170504.png

by C0nfiden1 0yster (me)

I won my own thread... something isn't right here. From time to time I do plan on participating (not in voting).

Votes:
2 - Celebi
1 - Ribombee
1- Registeel
1 - Seismitoad
1 - Gardevior

I am deciding to keep the previous leaderboard and scoring system so I get 2 points and NEON_Voyager, Emil Heskey , Oathkeeper ,and Hidden Power will all receive 1 point!

1st- Emil Heskey (6 points)
2nd Yourwelcomethanku and Oathkeepre (5 points)
3rd: Katy (4 points)
6th: A Very Gay Girl and C0nfiden1 0yster (2 points)
10th: NEON_Voyager , HiddenPower23 ,Dr Ya Yeet ,and MrAldo (1 point)

The set that is single this week is:
1634420154956.png

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt / Defog

This poke has had tons of usage in SCL, despite not even being ranked on the VR a month or two ago! There is a lot of potential for this things future in RU! Go and find a match

Submissions will be accepted until 10/20 gmt -4 7pm!

Also just some other things:

- New banner on the way! :)

-If a forum moderator sees this, could I get access to edit this

- For the winner(s) of this cycle I do plan on having some sort of prize/reward (that retains to this thread). I have a couple of ideas but if u have any please let me know!​

Last edited:
:ss/Nidoqueen:

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Taunt / Stealth Rock / Focus Blast / Fire Blast

Rotom-Mow's Volt Switch is fairly difficult to block, Grass-types often times take the Volt Switch and Nidoqueen has a good matchup into some of the tiers Grass-types such as Roserade and Vileplume. Rotom-Mow's Trick could also potentially ruin other special tanks that may switch into it like Umbreon, and AV Reunilclus which are both Nidoqueen checks. Nidoqueen isn't the best Electric-type check on its own so Rotom-Mow being a Grass-type could help in dealing with Xurkitree and Raikou. Rotom-Mow can also check Flygon for Nidoqueen as well even if its shaky at that.

Last edited:

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hey I could use one or two more submissions so I could start voting tmrw. If you were to participate that would be greatly appreciated! : )

Edit: I'm hoping for at least one more so voting will not start today like I had hoped. In a future week, I do plan on revisiting Mowtom as I think there is a lot of potential, just with a different set.

Last edited:
Darmanitan-Modell.gif

Darmanitan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

I nominate Darmanitan as it pairs nicely with Rotom-Mow in my opinion.
Firstly, U-turn enables Darmanitan to form a good VoltTurn core with Rotom-Mow. Darmanitan takes advantage of the bulky Grass-types that Rotom-Mow often baits onto the battlefield while Rotom-Mow checks the troublesome bulky Water-types for Darmanitan. Darmanitan also deals with Registeel and Bronzong that Rotom-Mow sometimes struggles with.

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed
:ss/obstagoon:
Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Obstruct / Switcheroo

Rotom-Mow's Volt Switch is fairly difficult to block, Grass-types av reuniclus often times take the Volt Switch and Nidoqueen Obstagoon loves oppurtunities to wallbreak. u can tell if its av and not colbur based on volt switch damage, so calc and stop giving letting reun beat u

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hello all! Its been a while! I hope everyone had/has a good Halloween if you celebrate that! Anyways the Voting Stage starts for Rotom-Mow. This time we had three submissions.

:Nidoqueen: Nidoqueen by Yourwelcomethanku
:Darmanitan: Darmanitan by Holy-Darky
:Obstagoon: Obstagoon by NEON_Voyager

Votes will be accepted until this Thursday 7:00pm -4!

Also some other stuff, banner is still on the way, I am told it will be done by the end of this week. If a forum mod is looking at this, could I have access to this post. If you have any questions, you can contact me on Discord, info is on the first post in the thread.

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
That concludes the voting stage for Rotom-Mow! Now to count up the votes...

:Darmanitan: 2 votes
:Obstagoon: 1 vote
:Nidoqueen: 1 vote

The winner is Holy-Darky! Congratulations! Your 2 points for winning will be added into the Leaderboard, as well as Yourwelcomethanku 's 1 point and NEON_Voyager 's 1 point. Here is your updated Leaderboard!
2nd: Emil Heskey and Yourwelcomethanku(6 points)
3rd: Oathkeepre (5 points)
4th: Katy (4 points)
8th: A Very Gay Girl, NEON_Voyager, Holy-Darky and C0nfiden1 0yster (2 points)
11th: HiddenPower23 ,Dr Ya Yeet , and MrAldo (1 point)

This week's Pokemon is...
Tornadus- Incarnate
1636069164411.png

Tornadus (M)
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Itemless Tornadus as been impressive in SCL recently as its attacking combo of Flygin and Fighting has been hard to play around, combined with possessing Knock Off and U-turn, making it a potent foe. Odr used a team with this set in SCL Week 5 against Ark as it was able to KO-Incineroar Turn 1 and keep momentum throughout the game. This set struggles defensively though as there is no recovery and weak to rocks, but its offensive contributions can certainly make up for that!

Submissions are due Sunday 10pm -4! If you have any questions please let me know, Contact info is on post #1!​

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed
xatu

:rs/xatu:
Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Xatu has a double bonus when paired w this set. Its magic bounce keeps the rocks off that torn it susceptible to w out boots, and uses future sight which is hard to block w a dark type thanks to superpower 1hko'ing incinc and having good odds to 2hko umbreon.

Last edited:
:bw/Starmie:
Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Teleport
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Starmie is a great teammate to Tornadus being one of the more reliable hazard removal options and its capable of checking the Steel-types that Tornadus so often lures in. If Starmie elects to run Teleport it can attempt to lure Grass-types such as Celebi and Roserade that may swap into Tornadus.

Last edited:

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Hey If I could get 1 more submission before voting starts that would be great! In general the min will be 3. Thanks!

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
alright we didn't get any submissions but I wanna move onto the voting so I will make a quick submission.

:ss/gardevoir:
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Helps Torn with another fighting resist, which torn can struggle with. Garde also gives it good speed and can heal it back up with healing wish. It can also trick onto mons like Registeel, which can be an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)