SS Random Battle Dynamax Suspect - Voter Identification Thread (READ THE OP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt play for a long time and was suprised by Dynamax. I mostly played mono at first and absolutely hated it there, made a game less stratigic imo. In regular randoms though i found out that I absolutely like it. Almost every mon now can be a danger and you have more counter options.
Showdown .png

Post a screenshot here of your ladder alt proving that it's you to get the right to vote in the suspect. Please do not post anything besides reqs confirmation in this thread!

Please be wary and ladder with your own accounts, whether it be your main account or your alts. Do not under any circumstances ladder with an account that either belongs to someone else or you share with someone else. Any suspicious accounts found that are submitted for reqs will be voided and infracted.

You must satisfy both of the following criteria in order to qualify to vote:

GXE ≥ 80.0
Battle count ≥ 60

You must display the following in your screenshot:
1. Your username on the upper right corner / chatbox part of the UI and / or the "Reset W/L" part when you do /rank
2. Minimum of 80 GXE
3. Your battle count, with the a minimum battle count of 60

Keep in mind that you must have laddered on a fresh alt with a name of the form RBDS (name). For example, I might register "RBDS immortal" to ladder with. You must follow this format to qualify.

It is important that you follow the rules above completely or you will not be able to vote.

The suspect ladder will be up until Thursday, April 16th, at 11:00am EDT (UTC-4). You can submit your reqs confirmation at any time from now until the ladder closes. Good luck!
Post a screenshot here of your ladder alt proving that it's you to get the right to vote in the suspect. Please do not post anything besides reqs confirmation in this thread!

Please be wary and ladder with your own accounts, whether it be your main account or your alts. Do not under any circumstances ladder with an account that either belongs to someone else or you share with someone else. Any suspicious accounts found that are submitted for reqs will be voided and infracted.

You must satisfy both of the following criteria in order to qualify to vote:

GXE ≥ 80.0
Battle count ≥ 60

You must display the following in your screenshot:
1. Your username on the upper right corner / chatbox part of the UI and / or the "Reset W/L" part when you do /rank
2. Minimum of 80 GXE
3. Your battle count, with the a minimum battle count of 60

Keep in mind that you must have laddered on a fresh alt with a name of the form RBDS (name). For example, I might register "RBDS immortal" to ladder with. You must follow this format to qualify.

It is important that you follow the rules above completely or you will not be able to vote.

The suspect ladder will be up until Thursday, April 16th, at 11:00am EDT (UTC-4). You can submit your reqs confirmation at any time from now until the ladder closes. Good luck!
Screenshot_20200409-005608.png

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Dynamax is not the problem. There's been more games in which a defensive Dynamax saved me from some bullshit set-up sweeper (see: Rayquaza, Flapple, Raikou, Slurpuff, Volcarona, Dubwool, Drifblim, etc) than games in which I was 6-0d by a dynamaxed mon. Yes sure those games existed and I also won some games like that but in those cases that pokemon would have killed most of the opposing team by itself anyway with or without dynamax . So what I have observed is that Dynamax favored the more skilled player most of the time, and not the opposite.

In short, what I'm saying is that the problem lies in some pokemon being TOO strong, there are some who legitimately 6-0 teams unless you happen to have an specific counter (see: Dubwool, Flapple, Drifblim), or you somehow manage to set up your broken mon first. To an extent, this has always been a thing in Randbats, but it's never been as bad as in 8th gen.

And the problem is that there's too many broken movesets (as well as some pokemon being too high of a level given their strength (did I mention Flapple?). Maybe there's too few available pokemon, or some of the new ones are too good, or the moveset changes that give every pokemon perfect coverage are at fault, I do not know.

But I sure as hell know the problem is not Dynamax, and even if Dynamax is banned, Gen8 Randbats will still be way less fun than previous iterations.

Reqs proof:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)