SS Random Battle Dynamax Suspect - Voter Identification Thread (READ THE OP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1586995579967.png

Honestly after a decent amount of thinking I have figured out the basics of this dilemma

In randbats it sometimes happens than an opponent has a pokemon that you simply cannot counter, or your counter play is extremely limited. Dynamaxing can make this pokemon all the harder to deal with. However, there are also times that dynamaxing saves you from being swept by an opponents threat. These two factors of dynamax (in my opinion) balance out over many games, meaning that overall dynamax is competitive. However that does not change the fact that it is incredibly frustrating to be swept by a pokemon that your opponent saved until the end simply because you sacked your answer to it earlier in the game. Yes one can make the argument that (for example) if you have 5 pokemon weak to water and one water absorb pokemon you should certainly save that pokemon to avoid being swept by a water type, but in real games it is rarely that simple/obvious. A change that I propose (and yes I understand randbats is not a top priority in terms of creating a competitive environment) is showing all pokemon from the beginning of the battle. The leads can still be automatic, but all pokemon should be revealed to remove the essentially random chance of you throwing away your only counter to an opponents set up sweeper. This will keep the spirit of random battles, which in my opinion is making the best of what you have, and also create a more strategic metagame. I know this makes it very similar to battlefactory, but it will just be random battles, no monotype or PU/RU etc mixed in. I think a test for this change should be done. One thing I will advise about conducting this test if it is decided upon is that reqs must be much much lower otherwise it will be biased. In general, stronger players will perform better if they know their opponents team because they are able to strategize better, which means stronger players will easily be able to achieve an 80 GXE while weaker players will not be able to. Since the change would benefit stronger players it is not fair to only have stronger players voting on the change as most of them would probably vote change. That is all! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)