Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

Ema Skye

Work!
So we continue to avoid Rhydon for a meme. I see how it is.

Voting for Ditto to watch the Theorymon world burn. And prob Druddigon because I'm so tired of weather subs and Eevee subs.

This is a shitty April Fools slate.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:arctovish:Pretty good buff to sun overall, sun boosted Fishious Rends hit hard and it also adds some much needed type diversity to sun teams, which really badly needed a good water type for Fire/Water/Grass cores. It may seem unwallable at first when looking at calcs against popular water resists:
252+ Atk Choice Band Arctovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Sun: 2476-2920 (814.4 - 960.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Arctovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro in Sun: 3136-3696 (795.9 - 938%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Arctovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn in Sun: 3672-4324 (1043.1 - 1228.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
But since it's walled by other popular OU mons such as Water Absorb Quagsire, Water Absorb Jellicent and Shedinja, I think it's gonna be fine.

:flareon:Probably my least favorite buff, idk why vanilla Flareon doesn't have Poison typing already, but I'm not voting for this unless it gets Gunk Shot.

:pelipper:I think this is overpowered tbh, Specs Pelipper is already really hard to wall, and it sounds like a nightmare with doubled speed. It doesn't even need a rain core around it now, you can just run Pelipper as both a setter and an abuser.

:druddigon:Personally think this should also have gotten Sticky Hold to hard-counter Rillaboom and Kartana, but oh well. The defensive typing is pretty nice, it can counter the mons I previously listed as well as other OU legal pokemon such as Cinderace and Infernape. A bit worried it'll outclass Altaria, but should be fine aside from that.

:ditto:This is a good buff to stall team as it can shut down many threats while threatening any switch-in with Transform. Idk if I wanna vote for it though, because it seems a bit underpowered because of its limited movepool and stats.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
okay I'll give my opinion cause why not
:arctovish: This mon will be LIT with Sun BOOSTING its moves to a ridiculous amount of power like Mossy posted, I'm surely voting for it.
:flareon: L+Ratio+Smell+IDC+I don't remember tf.
:pelipper:Outclassed by Mega Swampert, so it's bad.
:druddigon:It's so good! SR weak + needs Boots so ye.
:ditto: better than Shed.

sheesh what a bad slate

:Pelipper: This is bad because if u use this, what will be ur setter lmao. If this was pokebilities theorymon this would be amazing however.

:druddigon: Really solid buff imo, as it now resists rock damage and it can now counter popular ice types like delibird and snover. Definition voting for this.

:ditto: This is an interesting buff but seems kind of useless because dittos only move is transform which would remove the ability. I think imposter is much better overall, but at least u can beat ghost types now.

:arctovish: Broken. Fishous Rend boosted in sun is absolutely insane knocking down are water walls like fini and pex. Mosey’s calcs explain it all.

:ss/arctovish: +Chlorophyll

Fishous rend is still a great stab to spam and now its a great sun asset nuking heatran that would be road blocking it otherwise and can now pave a way for sun to be viable.

:ss/flareon: Poison/Fire + Poison Jab

Great defensive typing and it is the best blaziken counter we have rn and with its new typing it is bound to just wall the entire ier especially with the gifted poison jab which shuts down water types with a 100% chance to poison

:ss/Pelipper: +Swift Swim (replaces Keen Eye)

Politoad + pelliper real
:ss/Druddigon: Dragon/Flying + Dual Wingbeat

it has mold breaker! better dragonite

:ss/ditto: + Wonder Guard

Um.. welcome shedinja i didnt notice

:arctovish: My sub, so I feel like I should defend it. Chlorophyll gives Arctovish the tools it needs to break past common Water resists such as Tangrowth and Amoonguss, since it can now switch into Specs Blace on sun teams to completely destroy them. With powerful Ice STAB in Powder Snow it can easily 2HKO offensive Gabite after any chip, and most Water-weak mons don’t want to switch into Fishious Rend at all. Keep in mind that if you don’t vote for this I will personally attack every future sub you make :)

:ditto: kinda cool, but i wish it was mew instead

:vaporeon: I don’t like this. It ruins Flareo’ns whole gimmick as a Fire type Guts user, and that’s honestly the only thing making it good, so I really don’t see the vision. imo you should give it Contrary and V-Create to better match its current OU niche.

:drudigon: isn’t this just gyarados?

:pelipper: goes hard on kyogre sun. probably too hard actually. not sure what y’all were thinking when you slated this, since it’s clearly broken with the amount of damage it does

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Scald vs. Lvl 1 0 HP / 0- SpD Goomy in Sun: 34372-40444 (286433.3 - 337033.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Scald vs. 202 HP / 47 SpD Passho Berry Landorus-Therian in Sun: 270-320 (73.1 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Steelsurge and 2 layers of Spikes

1.png

Okay the joke is gonna go old if we let it sit any longer, and Im sure there are those who argue it was old even before I posted this
Yes it was an april fools slate and no these will not be voted upon because theyre all being added.

The real slate is:

:ss/rhydon: +Dry Skin (replaces lightningrod) + Shore Up

:ss/nidoqueen: + 10HP +Slack Off (no im not giving it milk drink you sick fucks)

:ss/crobat: +Tinted Lens

:ss/milotic: +Huge Power

:ss/metagross: +Shift Gear

As always, 5 days of discussion. Enjoy!

Edit: To clarify, Rhyperior will NOT be inheriting Dry Skin, but will be inheriting Shore Up, so thats a free rhyp buff for all 6 of you who love him

:rhydon: Now eviolite rhydon became much harder to break through since you can't rely on chip damage to wore down it, pairs very well with flying types for a defensive core.
:nidoqueen: I guess this could make support sets more viable, got the feeling this thing can counter calm mind latias like how slowking-G counters cm fini.
:crobat: Makes brave bird almost impossible to resist, but I think the low offensive stats and lack of set up moves still set crobat back a lot, Nasty plot sets could be a thing, maybe?
:milotic: An amazing buff, with dragon dance, decent coverage and reliable recovery, offensive milotic could be a thing,
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Milotic Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 198-234 (49.6 - 58.6%) -- approx. 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Milotic Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 207-246 (58.8 - 69.8%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Milotic Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Unaware Clefable: 238-282 (60.4 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
:metagross: a complete nightmare to deal with, outspeed basically the entire meta and hits everything hard with elemental punches at + 1, might be too broken.

Ema Skye

Work!
My child is here!

Rhydon is a phenomenal blanket check to so much of the tier. Yes, we have Mudsdale and OU's plethora of Grounds, but Rhydon's ability to check Waters like Fini, Rotom-W and Slowbro and fliers like Torn-T, Dragonite and Zapdos give it enough of a role to be used here. Hell, even though its Fire resistance is weakened a bit, you still beat Volcarona and Heatran. Dry Skin also gives it a solid role at beating Raikou, which the other Grounds can't safely do.

...just don't get hit by Kart

And you get Shore Up Rhyperior out of it!

1648704752073.png

at least do softboiled nidoqueen jeez

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
:rhydon: Actually incredible? the hype is real, give this mf some tyranitar/hippo support and come meet the bulkiest bitch in town, goes EXTREMELY well with stuff like blace, golisopod, etc and it isnt passive at all, overall, a really good sub

:nidoqueen: cool, it has recovery, its bulk is nothing to be astonished about, but it does bring some interesting resistances to the table, but it still feels really really meh

:crobat: i love this BB is gonna tear through corvi now lol, NP sets should also be incredibly funny now

:milotic: ok, this is, no doubt, my fucking favourite sub, I actually used Coil Milo in Free For All in the original server, and it did so well, i cant imagine how good its gonna be now
Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Aqua Tail
- Triple Axel
- Recover
i mean, are you serious?? no miss aqua tail or triple axel?????????? this bitch is gonna fucking reign if it gets to set up
also DD sets are a thing yay another DD sweeper that is mildly fast and can miss most of its attacks

:metagross: yeahhh one of my favourite sets in jolte brought back to life, Agility Metagross with physical boltbeam, only now, it doesn't get that much of a good boltbeam but instead its shift gear and not agility, it might be a little better and all(not broken don't worry i speak from experience)

:rhydon: Hype is real. Mon is sick. Everything that could be said about it has been said already either here or on the discord.

:nidoqueen: Pretty existent. Alright tank with nice coverage and utility options. Might've won my vote in a weaker slate.

:crobat: Delta Stream better L/10

:milotic: This is supposed to be Pure Power :woo:
Honestly spoopy put it perfectly. Not gonna sweep turn 1 since bulky Waters wall for days, but bulky Coil sets go super hard and DD is also a thing that is funny.

:metagross: Kinda tired of fast powerful setup sweepers in this meta tbh

:rhydon: and :milotic: are my votes as of now

Last edited:
:ss/rhydon: +Dry Skin (replaces lightningrod) + Shore Up

Rhyperior sounds nutty with recovery as SD + shore up kinda goes on the tier and is a very good tran counter so it looks fine to me. Rhydon looks like the most anti-rain mon ever and sounds like rain will hate this as much as they hated going against rotom-w in gen 7 ou

i can see this working out as a potentially defensive pokemon but it does not sound like it will preform that well especially since rhyperior and rhydon share the same bulk but one you use if you are water weak the other one you use if you are just generally going for a better pokemon on a game to game basis

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 195-231 (44.9 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Rhydon: 186-222 (44.9 - 53.6%) -- 35.2% chance to 2HKO

:ss/nidoqueen: + 10HP +Slack Off (no im not giving it milk drink you sick fucks)

Winterloom is biased milk drink is the superior option but tbh this could've been + 15hp tho it does now check a greater list of threats (not by much lol) and i assume it will run some HP investment such as dealing with heatran and the ability to switch in is something great over nidoking as it has no bulk what so ever and nidoqueen is able to switch into pokemon fairly well and has a better offense MU than nidoking as it can trade hits with opponents such as zapdos, heatran, victini even, and more.

:ss/crobat: +Tinted Lens

Brave bird go brrr? uh switch in? never heard of such a thing

252 Atk Tinted Lens Crobat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 144-172 (44.5 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tinted Lens Crobat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: 174-204 (54.2 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tinted Lens Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 144-170 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- 21.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tinted Lens Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tinted Lens Crobat Brave Bird vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 112-132 (26.6 - 31.3%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Indeed i am suprised by the calcs and after all i didnt expect it to be 2hko'ing offensive zapdos and offensive heatran especially rotom-w. It can switch in on many pokemon such as landorus-t, tank chomp, buzzwole, clef and fire off attacks and normal teams seem to lack good counterplay towards it as it as offensive usually does not run pokemon that can handle it such as toxapex, corviknight, and slowbro but idt these are easily slappable on every team and means that crobat goes ham

:ss/milotic: +Huge Power

DD goes ham and coil sets sound good especially since huge power makes the legendary CB set godly at being able to to fire off attacks

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Milotic Skitter Smack vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 206-244 (52.2 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:eyes:

Well tbh DD does have good coverage in aqua tail and triple axel but gets shut down by every single bulky water in the tier which balances it out and it can now threaten damage especially with maximum investment to pokemon such as doing 96% to heatran at minimum with aqua tail, slowking-g taking 60% is still a lot and i believe it has potential just having no option to hit water types at all is gonna hurt it especially considering without investment its not that strong and many pokemon it wants to counter can status it with burns or poisons which is going to suck for a pokemon like this... idk prob good enough idk it depends if being unable to hit waters and if it needs maximum investment to be theatening worth it to use it over another bulky water or an offensive water.

:ss/metagross: +Shift Gear

Hmm..... thunder punch, meteor mash, eq sounds like the set that it would run especially since it can setup on pkoemon it threatens out or passive pokemon in general like corviknight, heatran, clef, blissey, scizor and choice locked pokemon such as lele, banded weavile locked into an ice move, dragapult locked into smth like tbolt and draco gives it free turns.... shift gear does sound like a good option for it but without boom it is unable to threaten bulky waters much especially slowbro and pex which i could see boom being used for to open holes for urshifu-r or weavile to come in and go ham. Sounds fine to me idk otherwise

:rhyhorn: HYPE IS REAL. i love this so much just pair it with something like tyranitar or hippowdown and it goes hard, feel free to pick
:nidorino: uhhh fine i guess. i could have voted when the mod was a bit newer, but oh well
:golbat: venomicon-epilogue :zonger:
:feebas: YES PLEASE. I WANT THIS IN THE MOD RIGHT NOW. if it sets up it destroys everything, and as an offensive pokemon fan, i love this
:metang: ...but, this is stupid. i really do not want this, 'nuff said

:rhydon: Some people in discord were arguing wherever Rhydon or Rhyperior is the strongest due to the buff and i think the answer still favors rhyperior. Dry skins is cool, but the only relevant match up it really has is against is probably pex who can still toxic or knock off. It still has roughly the same bulk as rhyperior even with eviolite so it is outclassed by its evo, who also struggles to make a name for itself with the tough ground competition.
:nidoqueen: I shall come into the defense of this thing: With its added bulk nidoqueen is a pretty solid electric type check, being the hardest counter to koko and Zeraora that exists. Its typing makes the coverage of these mons irrelevant and even has a way of punishing the tools they use to break the ground answers thanks to poison point acting on u-turn and knock off. It is also able to compress stealth rocks and a ground inmune to toxic, which are a lot of pretty cool tools to have.
:crobat: Alright so this is unexpected cause yall have heard me be pissy about flavor so let me explain my reasoning about it:
Yeah i just made Venomicon epilogue at home lol. Truth be told i completely had forgotten i have subbed this and my arguement about it was literally just venomicon at home. However thats not to say this is explicably useless out of that niche. It is slightly weaker than venomicon on the physical side and slightly frailer, but has a better spa and higher speed. One of the prime reasons as to why venomicon is so damn effective is that the current SS metagames work very much on its favor, and the same can be said for crobat, who with its blazing speed and rather targeted typing can switch into a couple of interesting mons like stone edge-less lando. That's nothing to mention the sheer power of tinted lens on crobat, who can choose to either run a physical or special set with nasty plot. Don't actually feel too strong about this mon but its pretty fun.
:milotic: In theory with how much people have heard me bitch about flavor and stuff one would think i would completely shit on this, but this is very funny to use so i can let it pass. It is by far the bulkiest huge power user and can dish out decent damage while taking some hits of his own.
:metagross: Very fun buff, shift gear allows it to get the jump on many pokemon and become a pretty interesting cleaner, held back by okayish stabs. Possibly a bit strong with something like weakness policy?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)