Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi, i'd like to request a team with cm koko and chom protect toxic
:tapu koko: :garchomp: :ferrothorn: :weavile: :tornadus-therian: :victini: >>team<<
These pokemon dont have a whole lot of synergy and im sorry for how long this took but i hope u enjoy it.

:tapu koko: CM wincon, primary speed control, and breaker support via eterrain. U kind of need to use this aggressively vs weavile but be aware switching into an axel will get u killed pretty much. If their bliss is twave u 1v1 with this set, so u can beat some fat teams with shaky grounds p easily.

:garchomp: Fat ground and primary anti Heatran measure, u can use this pretty liberally bc of protect scouting and the rough skin chip can be pretty integral to letting weav or koko win late game.

:ferrothorn: all non HO tankchomp teams need an incredibly sturdy anti Koko measure somewhere, which basically boils down to like Ferro, Gking, or Nidoking most of the time. Ferro is the most efficent route so I just went with that, steel+water res+hail MU that allows for hazard stacking to enable Koko more effectively.

:weavile: you might have noticed that our current mons have a wonderful time getting curbstomped if garchomp clicks SD once. Corviknight is kind of off the table on Ferro teams usually bc it creates a massive zone weakness+stacks a bunch of weaknesses, so Weavile is the natural second solution. It additionally provides a synergistic back up wincon for Koko that stops Dragapult from shadow ball fishing to its hearts content.

:tornadus-therian: teams without a poison kind of need Defog regardless of hazard stack because Tspike pex will literally win on preview otherwise, so I just slapped on a torn. It patches up most of the weaknesses left by Chomp+Ferro like Kart, forces knocks onto heatran n other shit, provides the mandatory ground immune, etc.

:victini: Kyurem clicks ice stab versus this team incredibly freely and the ability to break Clefable and pressure bulky water+ground cores is pretty non existent, and this mon addresses most of that nicely. Victini pressures a lot of the mons our offensive core needs help breaking past (grounds and Heatran for Koko, Pex for Vile) and provides us with a way to not lose to Scarf Lele clicking moonblast once ferro drops below like 40. Encore is needed here because it stops Clefable from making your life a living nightmare by boiling on your Vcreates, this is especially important if its CM bc our team kind of folds to it.

Acey reccomended i do fire type last btw so s/os to them, i was pretty stumped on the last.

threats
:pelipper:
shaky water resist=hard rain MU. Victini is ur most valuable asset here as rain struggles to answer it defensively. stall turns w/ chomp when possible.
SD :garchomp:
even with weavile, this team struggles immensely to swap into SD chomp, so youll have to play pretty aggressively and limit its set up. in practice this isn't hard because Chomp's setup oppurtunities are non existent, but its worth keeping in mind that it just forces a kill if it does SD for free.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
I'd like to request a team with Buzzwole + Tapu Bulu, would be much appreciated!
Here’s the team: :buzzwole::tapu-bulu::weavile::landorus-therian::heatran::clefable:
please keep the nicknames
:tapu-bulu: and :buzzwole: overlap offensively but they actually pair decently well defensively. Main weaknesses obviously include any fire types mainly volc and kyurem.

:heatran: was an obvious third choice checking volc and benefitting greatly from terrain. While also trapping :toxapex: which does annoy this offensive core.

:weavile: and :landorus-therian: can fit on basically any team for this meta and it’s no different here. Great defogger, electric immunity and of course toxic/u turn support. :weavile: as a secondary pult check if clef and heatran are ever spdef dropped by pult. With bulu+zwole greatly pressuring many common weavile checks ie pex, corv, physdef clef it is very easy for weavile to clean up late game.

:clefable: trick clef fits great here not to mention twave support. With this team having not many tran switchins, this clef set fits very well. Nothing except for clef gives tran a free switchin even clef has trick+twave to cripple tran to an extent.

TLDR: zwole, bulu, and weavile all have common checks, it’s easy to overwhelm them with rocks up. Trick/twave tran asap.

:tapu koko: :garchomp: :ferrothorn: :weavile: :tornadus-therian: :victini: >>team<<
These pokemon dont have a whole lot of synergy and im sorry for how long this took but i hope u enjoy it.

:tapu koko: CM wincon, primary speed control, and breaker support via eterrain. U kind of need to use this aggressively vs weavile but be aware switching into an axel will get u killed pretty much. If their bliss is twave u 1v1 with this set, so u can beat some fat teams with shaky grounds p easily.

:garchomp: Fat ground and primary anti Heatran measure, u can use this pretty liberally bc of protect scouting and the rough skin chip can be pretty integral to letting weav or koko win late game.

:ferrothorn: all non HO tankchomp teams need an incredibly sturdy anti Koko measure somewhere, which basically boils down to like Ferro, Gking, or Nidoking most of the time. Ferro is the most efficent route so I just went with that, steel+water res+hail MU that allows for hazard stacking to enable Koko more effectively.

:weavile: you might have noticed that our current mons have a wonderful time getting curbstomped if garchomp clicks SD once. Corviknight is kind of off the table on Ferro teams usually bc it creates a massive zone weakness+stacks a bunch of weaknesses, so Weavile is the natural second solution. It additionally provides a synergistic back up wincon for Koko that stops Dragapult from shadow ball fishing to its hearts content.

:tornadus-therian: teams without a poison kind of need Defog regardless of hazard stack because Tspike pex will literally win on preview otherwise, so I just slapped on a torn. It patches up most of the weaknesses left by Chomp+Ferro like Kart, forces knocks onto heatran n other shit, provides the mandatory ground immune, etc.

:victini: Kyurem clicks ice stab versus this team incredibly freely and the ability to break Clefable and pressure bulky water+ground cores is pretty non existent, and this mon addresses most of that nicely. Victini pressures a lot of the mons our offensive core needs help breaking past (grounds and Heatran for Koko, Pex for Vile) and provides us with a way to not lose to Scarf Lele clicking moonblast once ferro drops below like 40. Encore is needed here because it stops Clefable from making your life a living nightmare by boiling on your Vcreates, this is especially important if its CM bc our team kind of folds to it.

Acey reccomended i do fire type last btw so s/os to them, i was pretty stumped on the last.

threats
:pelipper:
shaky water resist=hard rain MU. Victini is ur most valuable asset here as rain struggles to answer it defensively. stall turns w/ chomp when possible.
SD :garchomp:
even with weavile, this team struggles immensely to swap into SD chomp, so youll have to play pretty aggressively and limit its set up. in practice this isn't hard because Chomp's setup oppurtunities are non existent, but its worth keeping in mind that it just forces a kill if it does SD for free.
Could you explain precisely what the ferro and chomp spreads are for?

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
comfey (cm set) airfare
:comfey::mew::magnezone::excadrill::toxapex::mandibuzz:(click sprites for import)
this is my favorite comfey set. u can 6-0 certain fats and are a decent rker vs a lot of the faster offensive things in pult shifu weav kyurem
general idea was pairing it with spikes + zone to ensure steels die and comfey wins
squeezing a defensive core into 3 mons is somewhat difficult but this mostly does the trick. mew deals with psychics & freeze dry, exca spins and is blanket broken spdef wall (mainly for koko but can help vs all fairies/psychics and forcing progress vs fatter things), mandi pex deals w pretty much everything else if you manage to keep rocks off. dont face bu zera or offensive lando, ur defensive core can handle most other faster breakers
dont bring if u have any knowledge u might face a gking or lele cuz terrains a bitch
built this team a while back but here's a replay where comfey owns (my fingers are fat :sob:)

Can I get a Latias + Aegislash team some sort of Balance or BO preferred.
Hi, I'd like to request a Alolan-Ninetales + Aegislash team if possible please :)
Here's the team: :Aegislash::Latias::Ninetales-Alola::Heatran::Rillaboom::Weavile:(Click the sprites for the import)

Besides the Bulky Offense or Balanced preference of the first request, I ended up building a Hyper Offense because I think these Pokémon fit better in this archetype.
This team is a Hyper Offense built around Aegislash, Latias and Ninetales-A. The first two benefit from Ninetales-A's Aurora Veil to setup and weaken or sweep opposing teams. You can think about changing the Aegislash moveset to slot Autotomize, Shadow Claw or Head Smash if you want to.
Heatran is chosen as the Stealth Rock setter of the team, also being able to burn Pokémon like Rillaboom and Weavile with Flame Body.
Rillaboom and Weavile finish the team, also exercing offensive pressure by setup and priority.

Last edited:
Would like to request a team with Gengar and Clefable. Can be any set. Thank you!
Here's the team: :Gengar::Weavile::Corviknight::Clefable::Landorus-Therian::Toxapex: (Click the sprites for the import)

This team is a Bulky Offense built around Specs Gengar and Clefable. Gengar hits pretty hard with both its STABs and can also Trick Pokémon that would check it, like Blissey. Clefable runs a standard Stealth Rock set with Knock Off support.
Weavile and Corviknight benefit from Gengar's breaking power to pressure other teams and serve as win conditions. They also help a bit on the defensive side by providing a Ghost-type resistance and an answer to Pokémon like Kartana and Rillaboom.
Landorus-T is the hazard control of the team, while also checking Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora.
Toxapex finishes the team by providing a Water-type resistance and switch in to Heatran.

Here's the team: :Gengar::Weavile::Corviknight::Clefable::Landorus-Therian::Toxapex: (Click the sprites for the import)

This team is a Bulky Offense built around Specs Gengar and Clefable. Gengar hits pretty hard with both its STABs and can also Trick Pokémon that would check it, like Blissey. Clefable runs a standard Stealth Rock set with Knock Off support.
Weavile and Corviknight benefit from Gengar's breaking power to pressure other teams and serve as win conditions. They also help a bit on the defensive side by providing a Ghost-type resistance and an answer to Pokémon like Kartana and Rillaboom.
Landorus-T is the hazard control of the team, while also checking Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora.
Toxapex finishes the team by providing a Water-type resistance and switch in to Heatran.

Thank you so much! Just out of curiosity - how would you say Gengar measures up as a Specs user compared to Dragapult/Blacephalon?

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Obstagoon.
Here’s the team: :obstagoon::shuckle::zapdos-galar::dragonite::nidoking::scizor:
sorry for taking so long, I tried everything else. Obstagoon ho, zone obstagoon, wishport clef obstagoon, nothing worked except for webs which was my last choice :)
What’s the best way to deal with obstagoon? Simply be faster and revenge as not much can really switchin to this monster outside physdef corv/skarm. But this mon is UR for a reason with hdb weavile and zera running around.

:zapdos-galar: a stable on all ss ou webs builds as a way to deter defog. Also served as primary speed control outside of webs and tbh after a +2 u don’t need band to break through most cores.

:dragonite: the resident shifu switchin and a great late game clean up. This mon is a great glue piece and ur switchin to most threats as it’s the only mon with access to recovery.

:nidoking: a similar problem to obstagoon, often the only way to deal with this mon is to be faster and simply revenge. With slowking dropping in usage as its only reliable switchin, this mon is a demon with webs up. Super power will blow back any blissey attempting to switch in.

:scizor: as the last mon, if u feel weavile is too unbearable feel free to run defensive hdb over offensive life orb. Dual wingbeat is a great tech acey taught me to use. After technician it can 2hko pex as it hazes ur sd. So +2 into neutral always kills unless it’s max physdef. It also destroys any buzzwole trying to come in.

tldr: set up webs let your breakers do work, play aggressive and feel free to change any of the sets to better suit urself as I mentioned above!

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
I've seen plenty of teams with Volc or Garchomp, but never both.

Requesting team built around offensive Volcarona and Garchomp. Maybe involving dual screens? Please and thank you!
Would love to see a team based around Scarf Togekiss, thanks in advance!
Requesting a team based off of Expert Belt Mew, specifically this set:

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Earthquake
- Close Combat

I remember this being talked about in the OU Discord, it has amazing coverage that can hit everyone in the tier for atleast neutral damage, and I feel like it would be good to soften up teams. Thank you in advance!
calm mind stored power g-slowking :smogthink:pls
we back and better than ever
:mew::volcarona::garchomp::togekiss::slowking-galar::melmetal:(click sprites for import)
it has been a while but i present no water resist semi tr ho!!!
changed the mew set from the request to be a little bit more viable in sneaking early game kills while keeping up rocks
volc + chomp are a classic core built on overwhelming grounds/fini, aided by broken aqua tail
scarf kiss is an interesting touch here (the shadow ball resist) and can help a lot in irritating fatter builds while giving valuable speed control and cleaning vs elec-less teams
the last 2 mons here form sort of a defensive core while maintaining offense in the otr aspect. gking is surprisingly scary vs certain builds thanks to its obesity and toxic resistance, while melm gives the obligatory steel slot and better chances vs offense
please dont load vs watershifu. if u somehow do try to snipe it with mew or proc flame body!
our very own @Skypenguin (scl starter) (spl starter) getting dumpstered

we back and better than ever
:mew::volcarona::garchomp::togekiss::slowking-galar::melmetal:(click sprites for import)
it has been a while but i present no water resist semi tr ho!!!
changed the mew set from the request to be a little bit more viable in sneaking early game kills while keeping up rocks
volc + chomp are a classic core built on overwhelming grounds/fini, aided by broken aqua tail
scarf kiss is an interesting touch here (the shadow ball resist) and can help a lot in irritating fatter builds while giving valuable speed control and cleaning vs elec-less teams
the last 2 mons here form sort of a defensive core while maintaining offense in the otr aspect. gking is surprisingly scary vs certain builds thanks to its obesity and toxic resistance, while melm gives the obligatory steel slot and better chances vs offense
please dont load vs watershifu. if u somehow do try to snipe it with mew or proc flame body!
our very own @Skypenguin (scl starter) (spl starter) getting dumpstered
This is the most bonkers team I've ever played with in my life and I love it. 10/10 airfare my god I just 6-0d a guy with Glowking at 4 AM and I couldn't be happier. Who needs sleep when Glowking exists.

airfare

OUPL Champion
i’d really appreciate if you could make me a team that accommodates the rules of singles ranked ladder (item clause, their unique bans). a bulky offense team around heatran, landorus-T and urshifu-R would be great :)
:nidoking::urshifu-rapid-strike::tornadus-therian::landorus-therian::slowbro::heatran:(click sprites for import)
i adapted this build after another with a similar concept to fit the constraints of item clause & no mythical. hope i didn't miss anything
basic idea is that urshifu turns on pex slowbro fini and friends to make BO matchups really easy. slowbro + tran do well in matchups vs fatter builds where nidoking would usually fall flat
defensive core is pretty basic, torn resists shadow balls and tackles other special attackers/kart while lando and bro, alongside good pivoting with the rest of the team, handle pretty much everything else
i chose to make heatran offensive here because having torn + slowbro means more backup for stuff like lele/pult

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
I'd greatly appreciate in offensive minded team built around Gking futuresight & Band Urshifu shenanigans
Here’s the team: :slowking-galar::urshifu-rapid-strike::tapu-fini::landorus-therian::corviknight::weavile:
click on sprite for paste
Glowking+shifu can shred through most fat cores not named shed so the rest of the team is to compliment that. The idea is very simple.
I first realized pex was very annoying for this build even with fsight so I added in a whirlpool fini to play around that better. Just be sure to knock it off first with weavile which shouldn’t be hard to do. Fini alone is no where close to enough to handle common threats such as shifu and weavile so helmet corv is there to support while also being the lele check.
Lando for rocks and just a great glue mon. Checks zera which is a big threat to this team. Weavile in the last slot to be a ghost resist in case of glowking, fini, and lando being spdef dropped. This team has no hard check to pult like a spdef pex but it really shouldn’t get enough free turns where it will overwhelm all 4 checks.
(This build does get 6-0ed by hail) This style of team was spammed a lot during wcop and hence the rise of hail to counteract this. But with hail dying off in usage, it’s just a small nuisance.
TLDR: fsight into either of your breakers will break any core, trap any nuisances with fini and play aggressive vs pult teams.

Last edited:
Here’s the team: :slowking-galar::urshifu-rapid-strike::tapu-fini::landorus-therian::corviknight::weavile:
click on sprite for paste
Glowking+shifu can shred through most fat cores not named shed so the rest of the team is to compliment that. The idea is very simple.
I first realized pex was very annoying for this build even with fsight so I added in a whirlpool fini to play around that better. Just be sure to knock it off first with weavile which shouldn’t be hard to do. Fini alone is no where close to enough to handle common threats such as shifu and weavile so helmet corv is there to support while also being the lele check.
Lando for rocks and just a great glue mon. Checks zera which is a big threat to this team. Weavile in the last slot to be a ghost resist in case of glowking, fini, and lando being spdef dropped. This team has no hard check to pult like a spdef pex but it really shouldn’t get enough free turns where it will overwhelm all 4 checks.
(This build does get 6-0ed by hail) This style of team was spammed a lot during wcop and hence the rise of hail to counteract this. But with hail dying off in usage, it’s just a small nuisance.
TLDR: fsight into either of your breakers will break any core, trap any nuisances with fini and play aggressive vs pult teams.

Thank you, very fun team so far!

airfare

OUPL Champion
I'd like to request a moltres-g hail team, if it's doable thanks
:ninetales-alola::moltres-galar::arctozolt::excadrill::dragapult::tapu lele:(click sprites for import)
decided to try and tackle hyper offense here. veil made wp spam interesting and the ghost resistance in gmolt helped a lot in making an offense that doesn't autolose to pult
basically molt + lele break steels and fairies extremely well for broken ddpult and zolt
there isn't too much more to it than that... i wanted exca here instead of something like chomp because compressing a steel and ground in one slot is a godsend. you'll often keep it alive in mus vs a scarf lele or koko instead of letting it die on lead

airfare

OUPL Champion
Thanks to the team for reopening !
Requesting a team with Weezing-G, time to show the mon some love
:weezing-galar::landorus-therian::ferrothorn::clefable::heatran::weavile:(click sprites for import)
i tried to build around ngas stallbreaker and although it can do
knock scald pex is too annoying for it to work reliably :psycry:
1 2 3 here are some other versions w this set if anyone would like to mess around w/ it

this helmet pdef set is also cool tho, i like to think of it as a tornadus that blanks ground types and resists moonblasts in exchange for being slow and walled by heatran. try not to run into cb smart strike kart...
the point of this team is to get spikes, while abusing all of ur non-grounded mons/hazard immunities, and chip down steels/grounds for clef to win. it follows a typical ferro bo structure (without the water type) - weezing holds off grasses/grounds in torn's place. weavile acts as speed control/shadow ball resist and adds pressure vs heatran/melm/ferro to benefit clef further
balloon tran gives a solid response to other tran while helping out in fatter mus/pressuring pex and benefitting from the spikes itself

without a water, fires/stuff like weav and shifu can become hard but abusing recoil from ferro weez and getting up hazards early can go a long way in staying defensively stable

in other news we are reopening

Can I get a team that uses fast Occa Skarmory? Apologies for the previous set, hadn't thought about it, clearly!

Thanks in advance!

Set for reference

Skarmory @ Occa Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Roost
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

Feel free to use whatever spread you need to! :)

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
If there are none yet available, I would like to request a team with Galarian Moltres and scale shot Garchomp with any item. I would also request this team to be a bulky offense or balance please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)