Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
im an old boi so i abided by old rules when building weather.

normally you'd have 1-2 abuser, 1 weather swapper (optional), 2 momentum sponge and 1-2 weather setter. i feel like most of the squads will end up following this recipe. i built this cause i love solar power zard and venu is stupid fun to play with. clef + corv is standard core and ttar helps soak up hits and pursuit traps outgoing latis and dragons. ahhh i miss ye pursuit

https://pokepast.es/5ce4bf235a9f7f21

This might be the first sun team I've made that performs decently well. I got it to 1700s today from mid 1400s on one of my accounts this morning, W/L ratio was pretty solid.

I abandoned my original idea of trying to build bulky offense so I went with HO instead, and it worked much better. The premise is to wear down mutual checks with heavy pressure and have a good matchup against most builds.

Torkoal is fairly standard. I opted for Rest but Rapid Spin is also fine in its place despite this team pressuring spikers heavily. Venusaur, same thing. I prefer EP + WB coverage over Sludge Bomb. Scarf Tran is very useful against offense, especially Weavile, and threaten slower builds with Sun-boosted Eruption. Boots Victini has great coverage and power and gives me a good Kyurem check. Garchomp tends to be used early to force damage on bulkier attackers and/or force choice-locked revenge killers into an exploitable option. It also beats opposing Heatran. Yache is bait for Weavile's Ice Shard but any standard item should suffice. Double Dance Galarian Moltres is a decent Dragapult check and is underrated in general. The sand matchup looks painful but thankfully it's not very common these days.

Pheo

No supe que dia te olvidaste de mi
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
:torkoal: :venusaur: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :tapu fini:

The First idea was Venu + cb Weav, which is really interesting bc cb weav forces mons like clef, fini or corv, then u can pressure with venu
Sludge bomb venu is an option but here I prefer to hit tran instead of doing more damage on clef
The spe def invest on torkoal allows him to resist to 1 psychic of specs lele, eq for tran / blace
Spe def lando bc lol
Then, I wanted a scarf on the team, which is heatran who can break so many teams where there isn't another tran with eruption ( or bliss lol ). Defog lando + spin torkoal to have a 100% tran more easily
Basically, there was a cm thunder clef instead of fini, bc I wanted to have another win condition on the team, but I wasn't satisfied enough with him,
So I decided to put a trick trap fini bc I loved the idea of double scarf, + the possibility to trap no pjab toxa, which is a good option to help tran and weav.

Last edited:
Midday Sun

:torkoal: :venusaur: :gastrodon-east: :heatran: :mandibuzz: :dragonite:

This is a classic FWG squad that utilizes sun in order to boost the effectiveness of it's core Pokemon.​

Torkoal: Our weather and hazard setter, torkoal carries sunny day in order to help win weather wars.

Venusuar: Classic sun sweeper - this is the basic 3 attacks life orb set with weather ball over sludge bomb.

Gastrodon: Our primary special wall with access to both water & electric immunities, this gastrodon makes use of the sun by running Weather Ball, allowing it to smack opposing grasses and steels (see: Ferrothorn :ferrothorn:), and Ice Beam in order to limit the effectiveness of opposing dragons that are otherwise able to set up on gastrodon, such as dragonite and garchomp.

Heatran: Is Choice Specs to take full advantage of the sun. Eruption is a killer, and against the unprepared, can soften the likes of Blissey & Toxapex for venusaur. It, serves alongside Mandi as our Lele check, and can also check volc.

Mandibuzz: Our primary physical check to opposing grass spam, as well as dragapult switch in & psychic immune. Mandi also serves the role of hazard removal.

Dragonite: A physically offensive DD set with roost & DD allows us to check urshifu-rapid and apply pressure on the physical side. As we have gastrodon for heatran, Dragonite is free to drop EQ for dual wingbeat.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Time to vote :torkoal:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Apologies to everyone for taking so long to update. The homie Gomi was abducted and won’t be home for a few months. He will be back eventually no worries there but for now you will be stuck with me as your cohost!

Team A by AM
:torkoal::venusaur::heatran::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::tapu-koko:

A team I originally built here for a different meta cause I thought BandTran in Sun would be something cool to try out, and still is. Pray you don't face a Kyurem, Nidoking, or Double-Dance Lando otherwise just be a clicker. The more defensive version uses Cress > Fini but becomes a complete autoloss against any Sub Kyurem.
Team B by Baloor
if AM submits a old team i must submit a old team

only change i made to the paste was encore > glaciate, you dont rly need glaciate on this. you pressure lando and chomp enough. honestly, just put whatever funny move you think can go there (encore, wisp, twave, other random coverage moves). go wild omari p power up punch tini believers. this teams blace mus is p rough, playable, but rough. tork set prob could run like rest over toxic if you want lol, maybe eq instead of bp as well. that is all
Team C by Katy
Fire it up - Burn it down - Ashes to the ground! Choice Scarf Heatran and Nasty Plot Ninetales feat TorkaSaur!

:garchomp: :tornadus-therian: :torkoal: :venusaur: :heatran: :Ninetales:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2fe07b42e530d295

Explanation: Garchomp is the Stealth Rock setter on this team whereas Torkoal can Rapid Spin opposing entry hazards away. Tornadus-T is a great Ground-immune and offers support in checking Landorus-T and helps Torkoal out with keeping entry hazards away. Torkoal has also Solar beam to lure in Pokemon such as Slowking, Swampert and Gastrodon. Heatran is the secondary Speed control and with Eruption a great breaker alongside Venusaur with its regular Growth set. Heatran has Dragon Pulse to lure in Dragons like Hydreigon and Dragapult and Flamethrower is its backbone bone to rely on when it is on low HP. Ninetales round the team up with a Heavy-Duty Boots set and Nasty Plot making it a fearsome breaker after a +2 and with its decent Speed tier of 100 it is capable of holding its own on the field. Scorching Sands is supposed to hit opposing Heatran and hits Tyranitar as well with a possible burn chance.​
Team D by ralts_boy
:kartana: :torkoal: :venusaur: :zapdos: :ditto: :heatran:

I built this team to test Solar Blade Kartana. Heatran is on a balloon to counter opposing ones. Ditto prevents you from being swept by SD Chomp/Dragapult. Zapdos can replace a move with Toxic; Discharge is there to help with Hawlucha, Corvi, Barraskewda, etc; Heat Wave gives you a powerful sun move.
Team E by zeno420
:tyranitar::ninetales-alola::arctozolt::pelipper::torkoal::venusaur:

All my homies hate gomikyu, please trust this works

100% accurate replay
Team F by THKNKG
I’ll be honest and say I don’t love this team currently, but I like the general direction it’s headed in.

:torkoal: :venusaur: :cloyster: :heatran: :moltres-galar: :polteageist:

The general idea is that venusaur + cloyster destroy the world. Cloyster is weather ball to help break down/catch steels like Ferro/Melmetal/Birbs. Polteageist is an additional shell smasher to help break through the really hard to break through stuff, and to serve as an additional win condition - Wonder Room is 4th move because I didn’t know of a better option and this lets you beat blissey/Tran more easily. Moltres-galar functions as a general sponge/pivot, using a weird rest talk set with fiery wrath and u-turn (I never hit hurricane anyway, I sure am not trying to hit one in the sun). Earth Power might be better on Venusaur than Giga just to dispose of heatran more quickly, but I’m not sure.
Team G by agslash23
Idk why I didn't get notified for this (maybe coz I ignored the Blissey Submission)

I'll simply post my RMT team

Volcanion Sun Offense

:Volcanion: :Torkoal: :Venusaur: :Garchomp: :Scizor: :Tornadus-Therian: - Click for team pokepaste

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/chasing-the-sun-volcanion-sun-offense.3691436/ - team details
Team H by zbr
im an old boi so i abided by old rules when building weather.

normally you'd have 1-2 abuser, 1 weather swapper (optional), 2 momentum sponge and 1-2 weather setter. i feel like most of the squads will end up following this recipe. i built this cause i love solar power zard and venu is stupid fun to play with. clef + corv is standard core and ttar helps soak up hits and pursuit traps outgoing latis and dragons. ahhh i miss ye pursuit

https://pokepast.es/5ce4bf235a9f7f21
Team I by JTD783
This might be the first sun team I've made that performs decently well. I got it to 1700s today from mid 1400s on one of my accounts this morning, W/L ratio was pretty solid.

I abandoned my original idea of trying to build bulky offense so I went with HO instead, and it worked much better. The premise is to wear down mutual checks with heavy pressure and have a good matchup against most builds.

Torkoal is fairly standard. I opted for Rest but Rapid Spin is also fine in its place despite this team pressuring spikers heavily. Venusaur, same thing. I prefer EP + WB coverage over Sludge Bomb. Scarf Tran is very useful against offense, especially Weavile, and threaten slower builds with Sun-boosted Eruption. Boots Victini has great coverage and power and gives me a good Kyurem check. Garchomp tends to be used early to force damage on bulkier attackers and/or force choice-locked revenge killers into an exploitable option. It also beats opposing Heatran. Yache is bait for Weavile's Ice Shard but any standard item should suffice. Double Dance Galarian Moltres is a decent Dragapult check and is underrated in general. The sand matchup looks painful but thankfully it's not very common these days.
Team J by Pheo'
:torkoal: :venusaur: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :tapu fini:

The First idea was Venu + cb Weav, which is really interesting bc cb weav forces mons like clef, fini or corv, then u can pressure with venu
Sludge bomb venu is an option but here I prefer to hit tran instead of doing more damage on clef
The spe def invest on torkoal allows him to resist to 1 psychic of specs lele, eq for tran / blace
Spe def lando bc lol
Then, I wanted a scarf on the team, which is heatran who can break so many teams where there isn't another tran with eruption ( or bliss lol ). Defog lando + spin torkoal to have a 100% tran more easily
Basically, there was a cm thunder clef instead of fini, bc I wanted to have another win condition on the team, but I wasn't satisfied enough with him,
So I decided to put a trick trap fini bc I loved the idea of double scarf, + the possibility to trap no pjab toxa, which is a good option to help tran and weav.
Team K by Vittorioso
Midday Sun

:torkoal: :venusaur: :gastrodon-east: :heatran: :mandibuzz: :dragonite:

This is a classic FWG squad that utilizes sun in order to boost the effectiveness of it's core Pokemon.​

Torkoal: Our weather and hazard setter, torkoal carries sunny day in order to help win weather wars.

Venusuar: Classic sun sweeper - this is the basic 3 attacks life orb set with weather ball over sludge bomb.

Gastrodon: Our primary special wall with access to both water & electric immunities, this gastrodon makes use of the sun by running Weather Ball, allowing it to smack opposing grasses and steels (see: Ferrothorn :ferrothorn:), and Ice Beam in order to limit the effectiveness of opposing dragons that are otherwise able to set up on gastrodon, such as dragonite and garchomp.

Heatran: Is Choice Specs to take full advantage of the sun. Eruption is a killer, and against the unprepared, can soften the likes of Blissey & Toxapex for venusaur. It, serves alongside Mandi as our Lele check, and can also check volc.

Mandibuzz: Our primary physical check to opposing grass spam, as well as dragapult switch in & psychic immune. Mandi also serves the role of hazard removal.

Dragonite: A physically offensive DD set with roost & DD allows us to check urshifu-rapid and apply pressure on the physical side. As we have gastrodon for heatran, Dragonite is free to drop EQ for dual wingbeat.
Team L by RaikouLover
Blacephalon Sun

Pretty straightforward easy to use sun offense. Venusaur + Heatran + Hydreigon + Blace is an incredibly potent wall breaking core. This team got me 82 GXE all the way up to 1800. Scarf Lando is a forgotten mon in general but patches up some holes and gives a nice win con vs Heatran based balances that try to block the sun spam.
You have 2 days to vote.

Last edited:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
I>All
E>All
E>All
E>B>All
E>All
E>All
C>I>K>All
I>K>L>J>G>C>All>E
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is zeno420! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 50: Moltres-Galar
3C01D4C0-8D12-4DA4-BABA-F79030930624.png

Moltres-Galar is a dangerous sweeper on many offensive teams using the traditional double dance set. Also featuring a powerful dual stab combo in dark+flying resisted by nothing outside of koko and tyranitar. Although it is certainly not restricted to ho builds with the rest+sleep talk set being an incredible wincon on fatter teams.

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Moltres-Galar.​

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion

After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is zeno420! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
cover1.jpg

:garchomp::moltres-galar::dragapult::melmetal::volcarona::zeraora:
paste

]i originally was gonna make a rmt since im super into the halloween season but i decided agaisnt it. Not because I think the team is bad or anything but i wanted to save my first rmt on the site for a team that just represents me and i dont think this is it. I also dont intend on going on some insane ladder journey right now so getting a nice peak for this was out of the question. regardless this is a pretty fun HO team that fits the "halloween monsters" theme I was going for. this team has some pretty insane synergy, a ton of mons opening opportunities for others to sweep. mixed lead lo chomp allows you to poke holes in the opposing ground types, opening chances for zera to sweep. chomp + melm stress out ferro/skarm/corv for all physical pult. molt + chomp + melm overwhelm tran for volc. the one rough mu for this is opposing garchomp, where you have to play conservatively since you cant actually switch anything in. the gameplan is to chip it then blast it with sucker pult. i have lum berry on gmolt rn since it can absorb status and get a free turn but heavy duty boots can also work since gmolt can take one of pre much anything from chomp from full. weakness policy can work to if you arent worried about all that. i wouldnt spam it for a long period of time due to the chomp mu. something about more niche but is a threat is quagsire, you can kinda muscle through it but theres 5 other mons on stall for a reason. right now i have psychic on volcarona because pex is really nice to get through but you can always drop it for giga drain or use qd 3atks (i hate non roost volc tho) if quagsire becomes that annoying for you. ive found every other mu ive ran into to be pretty playable. i hope everybody enjoys this team as it is super fun to use while maintaining the halloween spirit. happy halloween and stay safe everybody. s/o ausma for the final edits

you can make gmolt and volc bulkier if you want, also can put giga on volc if u want

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Halloween Vibes

:Gengar: :Dragapult: :Moltres-Galar: :Garchomp: :Slowbro: :Scizor:

https://pokepast.es/0b41d522ae21e820

I wanted to try out a Halloween special Dual Ghost + Dark Offense. Not only does this type of a core fit the Halloween theme, but Dual Ghosts require a Dark-type partner, lest they be haunted in return by their opponent Ghost brethren. Hence, I decided to go for Specs Dragapult as breaker, Gengar as speed control, stallbreaker and wincon and G-Moltres as the Dark type that doubles as another wincon. Garchomp is the ground type, rocker, breaker and Heatran check, while Slowbro and Scizor form the team's backbone that pivots around to bring in the first 4 mons safely.

:ss/moltres-galar: :ss/dragapult: :ss/garchomp: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/melmetal: :ss/volcarona:

Rest Moltres Hyper Offense
Click sprites for importable^^

This team takes a different approach for Rest+Chesto Moltres, Putting it in a hyper offense team that benefits from its unique status as a ghost resist that can act as a win condition if dark resists are weakened with teammates such as Dragapult and mixed Garchomp that can weaken dark resists like Clefable and Tapu Fini, Melmetal provides a crucial Switchin to Fairy types that annoy this team, most importantly scarf Tapu Lele, Rillaboom likes its teamates luring things like Buzzwole, Volcarona can act as a second wincon alongside Moltres that can pressure special walls together, Speed EVs on Moltres are for 95 base speed scarfers after an Agility, the rest is fairly standard.

Also thanks to zeno for helping me with this team :heart:

Double Tapu HO

:Tapu Fini: :Tapu Lele: :Moltres-Galar: :Dragonite: :Corviknight: :Zeraora:

Pretty basic approach for moltres-galar, this team focuses on facilitating so it can sweep late game as easy as possible. Lele was my first partner of choice as it can really blow back the common moltres-g checks in pex, blissey, and unaware clef. Dnite as a secondary sweeper with the traditional dd ice punch set. You may have realized there is no rocks or Defog on this team at all, personal opinion it’s hard af to keep up rocks on fatter builds this meta. A dedicated suicide lead is often a waste of a slot. You might as well go for that extra power. Zera as speed control alongside fini who is a great weavile check and can cripple many walls by tricking them a scarf. Lastly I went with bu+wp corv. It has great defensively Utility vs common threats vs ho such as scarf kart while also being a surprising set for a late game sweep.​

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Time to vote for :moltres-galar:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by Baloor (stinky)
View attachment 385685

:garchomp::moltres-galar::dragapult::melmetal::volcarona::zeraora:
paste

]i originally was gonna make a rmt since im super into the halloween season but i decided agaisnt it. Not because I think the team is bad or anything but i wanted to save my first rmt on the site for a team that just represents me and i dont think this is it. I also dont intend on going on some insane ladder journey right now so getting a nice peak for this was out of the question. regardless this is a pretty fun HO team that fits the "halloween monsters" theme I was going for. this team has some pretty insane synergy, a ton of mons opening opportunities for others to sweep. mixed lead lo chomp allows you to poke holes in the opposing ground types, opening chances for zera to sweep. chomp + melm stress out ferro/skarm/corv for all physical pult. molt + chomp + melm overwhelm tran for volc. the one rough mu for this is opposing garchomp, where you have to play conservatively since you cant actually switch anything in. the gameplan is to chip it then blast it with sucker pult. i have lum berry on gmolt rn since it can absorb status and get a free turn but heavy duty boots can also work since gmolt can take one of pre much anything from chomp from full. weakness policy can work to if you arent worried about all that. i wouldnt spam it for a long period of time due to the chomp mu. something about more niche but is a threat is quagsire, you can kinda muscle through it but theres 5 other mons on stall for a reason. right now i have psychic on volcarona because pex is really nice to get through but you can always drop it for giga drain or use qd 3atks (i hate non roost volc tho) if quagsire becomes that annoying for you. ive found every other mu ive ran into to be pretty playable. i hope everybody enjoys this team as it is super fun to use while maintaining the halloween spirit. happy halloween and stay safe everybody. s/o ausma for the final edits

you can make gmolt and volc bulkier if you want, also can put giga on volc if u want
Team B by agslash23
Halloween Vibes

:Gengar: :Dragapult: :Moltres-Galar: :Garchomp: :Slowbro: :Scizor:

https://pokepast.es/0b41d522ae21e820

I wanted to try out a Halloween special Dual Ghost + Dark Offense. Not only does this type of a core fit the Halloween theme, but Dual Ghosts require a Dark-type partner, lest they be haunted in return by their opponent Ghost brethren. Hence, I decided to go for Specs Dragapult as breaker, Gengar as speed control, stallbreaker and wincon and G-Moltres as the Dark type that doubles as another wincon. Garchomp is the ground type, rocker, breaker and Heatran check, while Slowbro and Scizor form the team's backbone that pivots around to bring in the first 4 mons safely.
Team C by Plushietran
:ss/moltres-galar: :ss/dragapult: :ss/garchomp: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/melmetal: :ss/volcarona:

Rest Moltres Hyper Offense
Click sprites for importable^^

This team takes a different approach for Rest+Chesto Moltres, Putting it in a hyper offense team that benefits from its unique status as a ghost resist that can act as a win condition if dark resists are weakened with teammates such as Dragapult and mixed Garchomp that can weaken dark resists like Clefable and Tapu Fini, Melmetal provides a crucial Switchin to Fairy types that annoy this team, most importantly scarf Tapu Lele, Rillaboom likes its teamates luring things like Buzzwole, Volcarona can act as a second wincon alongside Moltres that can pressure special walls together, Speed EVs on Moltres are for 95 base speed scarfers after an Agility, the rest is fairly standard.

Also thanks to zeno for helping me with this team :heart:

Team D by Lacks
Double Tapu HO

:Tapu Fini: :Tapu Lele: :Moltres-Galar: :Dragonite: :Corviknight: :Zeraora:

Pretty basic approach for moltres-galar, this team focuses on facilitating so it can sweep late game as easy as possible. Lele was my first partner of choice as it can really blow back the common moltres-g checks in pex, blissey, and unaware clef. Dnite as a secondary sweeper with the traditional dd ice punch set. You may have realized there is no rocks or Defog on this team at all, personal opinion it’s hard af to keep up rocks on fatter builds this meta. A dedicated suicide lead is often a waste of a slot. You might as well go for that extra power. Zera as speed control alongside fini who is a great weavile check and can cripple many walls by tricking them a scarf. Lastly I went with bu+wp corv. It has great defensively Utility vs common threats vs ho such as scarf kart while also being a surprising set for a late game sweep.​
You have 2 days to vote.

Last edited:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
D>B>C=A
D>B>A>C
B>C>A>D

After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is Lacks! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 51: Kyurem
8EB6D1D8-76A4-44F9-AC11-CF255DDFFEF3.png

With Kyurem receiving a 69% support from qualified players for a suspect test in the most recent OU tiering survey its highly likely that we will not get to use this behemoth in OU again. The 3 attacks nmi set and sub dd icicle spear set are what put this mon over the edge. Being able to overcome its usual checks with ease whether it’s by pp stalling or freezing them over time. With its insane bulk of 125/90/90 it can outlast almost anything.

You have until Wednesday to submit teams built around Kyurem!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)