Project SS OU Community Create-A-Team - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting is now over and the winner is:

:ss/corviknight: by hozuuu

Congratulations!

FINAL TEAM

Now that the team is complete, it's time for the final step.
In this round, you finally have the option to make changes to the team in order to make it better.
Submit them in a PokéPaste format, provide an explanation as to why you made your changes, and then we'll go through your submissions to figure out the best possible version of your :blacephalon: team!

You have 72 hours to submit your final version of the team
Deadline is February, the 11th

Overall, I think the team is pretty solid but needs some tweaking.

Blace-Pult Ghostspam

:ss/Blacephalon: :ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Tapu-Fini: :ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Dragapult:

Funnily enough, the only 'mons I replaced are my own submissions :P
I've actually been meaning to build a Ghostspam team for a while. With only 3 Darks in OU and 2 really struggling in usage lately, Ghostspam is stronger than ever. Adding onto that, many teams lack a Ghost resist, and teams that do usually only pack one - Weavile, most of the time. Blace and Pult, together, easily overload their shared checks like Weavile, Heatran, Mandibuzz, and Hydreigon.

I'm not the best teambuilder in the world. Feel free to tweak items, EVs, and moves.

:beast ball: Blacephalon -- CCAT :beast ball:
:blacephalon: :tapu fini: :weavile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn:
(click zapdos for variants, else team)

:blacephalon: Speed control, snowballs into teams fast and is the primary breaker of the team.

:tapu fini: Fills the gaps in teambuilding. It adds to the offensive pressure of the team while offering defensive utility.

:weavile: Ghost resist which checks off the boxes for several practical offensive and defensive needs.

:zapdos: Checks threats like Kartana and gives us hazard control, slower than most other sets because we don't need the speed and it gives us advantageous momentum and maximum bulk.

:landorus-therian: Classic SpD Landorus, it gives us role compression and forms a VoltTurn core with Zapdos that gets our threats in.

:ferrothorn: Covers bulky Water and Ground-types, forms a hazard stack core with Landorus. Body Press > Leech Seed to soft check Blissey and opposing Ferrothorn which can be a problem.

Last edited:
Hello there! I'm sorry for the delay, I'll get to this project as soon as I can. This is also a reminder that there's still time for other people that want to submit their refined version of the team.

Me and Abhi have come up with an improved format that we want to try for the next round so stay tuned!

blacephalon dual genie spikes bo
:blacephalon::tapu-fini::weavile::tornadus-therian::landorus-therian::ferrothorn:

i changed one mon,that was corv for torn,because removing corv meant no fogger and grass check. torn gives us speed which we kinda lack on the team besides weav
tapu fini is whirlpool trap because both weav and blaceph dislike bulky waters,which fini always lures in and traps. 92 spdef for hdb volcanion sludge wave,rest in def and hp
weavile is adamant because jolly really doesnt cut it,torn can be ice sharded + you have like a ferro/your own torn/fini/lando to switch into it
torn is the generic spread,248 hp to get odd number,speed for kart+base 110s,rest in def. no knock because weav would want a strong knock vs steels types that torn would knock instead if it had the move. this enables it to run hurricane to smack chomp,heat wave so kart always loses
lando is the generic thing,full spdef coz thats just better nowadays
ferro has 108 def for +1 offensive ddnite after rocks,rest in spdef to handle pult mostly

:ss/blacephalon:
Hello there! We finally got to the last stage, where you guys decide whose version of your :blacephalon: team is the best one.

The candidates are:​

Team A by hozuuu
Overall, I think the team is pretty solid but needs some tweaking.

Blace-Pult Ghostspam

:ss/Blacephalon: :ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Tapu-Fini: :ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Dragapult:

Funnily enough, the only 'mons I replaced are my own submissions :P
I've actually been meaning to build a Ghostspam team for a while. With only 3 Darks in OU and 2 really struggling in usage lately, Ghostspam is stronger than ever. Adding onto that, many teams lack a Ghost resist, and teams that do usually only pack one - Weavile, most of the time. Blace and Pult, together, easily overload their shared checks like Weavile, Heatran, Mandibuzz, and Hydreigon.

I'm not the best teambuilder in the world. Feel free to tweak items, EVs, and moves.
Team B by Smashburn
:beast ball: Blacephalon -- CCAT :beast ball:
:blacephalon: :tapu fini: :weavile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn:
(click zapdos for variants, else team)

:blacephalon: Speed control, snowballs into teams fast and is the primary breaker of the team.

:tapu fini: Fills the gaps in teambuilding. It adds to the offensive pressure of the team while offering defensive utility.

:weavile: Ghost resist which checks off the boxes for several practical offensive and defensive needs.

:zapdos: Checks threats like Kartana and gives us hazard control, slower than most other sets because we don't need the speed and it gives us advantageous momentum and maximum bulk.

:landorus-therian: Classic SpD Landorus, it gives us role compression and forms a VoltTurn core with Zapdos that gets our threats in.

:ferrothorn: Covers bulky Water and Ground-types, forms a hazard stack core with Landorus. Body Press > Leech Seed to soft check Blissey and opposing Ferrothorn which can be a problem.
Team C by Dr Ya Yeet
blacephalon dual genie spikes bo
:blacephalon::tapu-fini::weavile::tornadus-therian::landorus-therian::ferrothorn:

i changed one mon,that was corv for torn,because removing corv meant no fogger and grass check. torn gives us speed which we kinda lack on the team besides weav
tapu fini is whirlpool trap because both weav and blaceph dislike bulky waters,which fini always lures in and traps. 92 spdef for hdb volcanion sludge wave,rest in def and hp
weavile is adamant because jolly really doesnt cut it,torn can be ice sharded + you have like a ferro/your own torn/fini/lando to switch into it
torn is the generic spread,248 hp to get odd number,speed for kart+base 110s,rest in def. no knock because weav would want a strong knock vs steels types that torn would knock instead if it had the move. this enables it to run hurricane to smack chomp,heat wave so kart always loses
lando is the generic thing,full spdef coz thats just better nowadays
ferro has 108 def for +1 offensive ddnite after rocks,rest in spdef to handle pult mostly
You have 3 days to vote these teams in order from most favourite to least favourite.
Deadline is set on Friday, the 25th of February
You can't vote for your own team

also as I said before, new format for next round! Stay tuned!

C > A

Team C has a huge speed control issue, and I don't feel that the team appropriately compensates for its weaknesses efficiently while the sets and team composition need tweaked. Outside of that, the basic structure of the team looks good.

Team A has similar holes, and I think its issues come down to the chosen partners. I feel like this was a right idea, wrong team situation where a powerful core was selected and has the basic idea of a ghostspam offense, but it can't fit the mold as teammates don't fully compensate for the weakness stacking imo.

Hello there!
I'm sorry for the sudden stop, I've been extremely busy irl lately and I'm not really having much time and energy to regularly keep up with any of the projects I host.

I'll get to these as soon as possible but I'm only going to get busier, so if anyone is interested in helping me and Abhi with this absolutely send us a PM either here or on Discord.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey there, this project will stop being hosting for the rest of gen 8. Thanks to all the people who gave some of their time to host it and thanks to all of those who were contributing to this project by regularly submitting and/or voting.

Here are the weekly projects that will remain open in the forum, feel free to participate in them and to contact me (doom_desire#0622 on discord) if you want to help hosting one of these:

Victim of the Week: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ndra-victim-of-the-week.3665831/#post-8498207
Next Best Thing: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-next-best-thing-cycle-68-nihilego-submission.3659339/
Lure that Threat: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ou-lure-that-threat-round-14-buzzwole-submissions.3686387/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)