Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's lower on the viability ranking, but could I get a try for Inteleon with Sniper/Scope Lens/Snipe Shot? (Unless my research is mistaken, +2 to Crit chance with Scope Lens and Snipe Shot is a 50% chance to crit). Preferably on or close to a bulky offense team.

Thanks in advance, you all do great community work helping people with teams!
Apologies for the delays with this team :sphearical: This set was very difficult to get working but I can confidently say this team is at least good enough to top ladder and win private testgames.

:inteleon: :garbodor: :copperajah: :scrafty: :rotom-mow: :mudsdale:
Inteleon: Inteleon was able to sweep slower teams lacking Vaporeon pretty easily, so my main goal with the rest of the team was to pressure Vaporeon. My main issue with this is most Pokemon who offensively check Vaporeon typically fit the same role as Inteleon as a "glass cannon with the typing or ability to randomly beat Vaporeon"; Toxicroak or Heliolisk. Stacking glass cannons that fulfill similar roles on a balance or bulky offense-oriented team (as per requested) means that later on in the building process, I would have to greatly compress the other needed rolls of balance teams which would cause a lot of strain on the team defensively.

Garbodor, Copperajah, and Scrafty: I put all 3 of these on at the same time, trying to replicate the old "GarbGuzzZong" core despite no longer having access to the "Zong" part. I figured the best way to break Vaporeon outside of sheer 1v1 matchup advantage was to overwhelm it with hazards. Garbodor serves as a Fight-resist for the team and lays up Spikes. Copperajah is the mandatory Steel-type using the rarely-seen Whirlwind to switch Vaporeon out before it can heal from Wish + Protect. Copperajah often forces Vaporeon to Protect from Power Whip so forcing out a weakened Vaporeon while hazards are up can force the user to let it go once it reaches an HP where it can no longer do its job. Scrafty is another herptile like Croak and Lisk that can check Vaporeon through its ability Shed Skin, but Scrafty has insane longetivity and is a great win-con especially into teams with no Fairy types. Even into Fairy types, Scrafty can Knock Off their Leftovers and Garbodor + Whirlwind Copperajah can pressure them as well.

Rotom-Mow: Scarf Rotom grants a much-needed Ground immunity, some speed for the team, and emergency hazard removal. Forcing in Pokemon that cover Volt Switch while Spikes are up is pretty busted and Trick can even further remove Leftovers and Heavy-Duty Boots too.

Mudsdale: Despite having a Rotom-Mow, Silvally Ground still pieces up the team (broken mon lul). Mudsdale is one of the best physical walls in the tier while also providing Stealth Rocks for the team so Copperajah can use Whirlwind. Smack Down allows Mudsdale to pressure the Spike-immune Flying-types and Levitators that like to come in on Mudsdale and Toxic allows Scrafty to 1v1 many Pokemon like Talonflame after a couple Bulk Up's

This team was partially inspired by one of Danny's teams and a popular core I used to spam in an older meta. The Inteleon set is so mid that the team was kinda made in a way to where you don't need to really rely on it to win but it put in a surprising amount of work in test games so I hope it treats you well.

Apologies for the delays with this team :sphearical: This set was very difficult to get working but I can confidently say this team is at least good enough to top ladder and win private testgames.

:inteleon: :garbodor: :copperajah: :scrafty: :rotom-mow: :mudsdale:
No sweat on the wait, thanks for providing teams and teambuilding insight to the community!

Hi, I'm new to NU and need a team, so I'd like to request a team built around Decidueye. It can be any style you want but I prefer balance / bulky offence. One specific thing I'd like to request is that the team is good at stallbreaking and/or has a dedicated stallbreaker. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, I'm new to NU and need a team, so I'd like to request a team built around Decidueye. It can be any style you want but I prefer balance / bulky offence. One specific thing I'd like to request is that the team is good at stallbreaking and/or has a dedicated stallbreaker. Thanks in advance! :)
Hi again, i am here to ask for a bulky offense team around specs espeon, i know it's low on the vr but i really wanna use it but i am not good at building. Thank You in advance.
I'd like to request a team balance team built around SD Groundvally and NP Mowtom. Haven't played the tier in a while, and I'd like to try that core out.
We appreciate your patience and team request submissions! Our builders are adapting to the brand-new meta game featuring Stakataka and Grimmsnarl, who are guaranteed to make a huge impact on the tier. This is just to make sure the teams we build are prepared for the current meta and are as made as solidly as possible.
:ss/stakataka::ss/grimmsnarl:

Last edited:
Just wondering, can I get a modest choice specs Indeedee and Sylveon team?
This one proved to be rather difficult to put together, but I've given it my best shot.

Team 1
:indeedee-f: :sylveon: :passimian: :stunfisk-galar: :xatu: :vaporeon:
This team was made to try and supplement the weakness of Indeedee and Sylveon's struggles with Steel-types with a breaker that's also fast. This breaker is of course Passimian, and he was a natural fit to the team. Stunfisk-Galar is just a really solid compression option to fit Stealth Rocks, an Electric immunity, and a Steel-type all into one slot. After that, Xatu is just a natural fit for keeping hazards off for more offensive teams, and Vaporeon is the glue that keeps this flimsy defensive core functioning fine enough. Xatu could be made itemless on this team and your matchup versus both Dhelmise and Golurk would improve a bit, so keep that in mind as an option.

Team 2
:indeedee-f: :sylveon: :dragalge: :copperajah: :golurk: :galvantula:
This team just takes advantage of how ridiculous the double specs core tends to be and pairs it with 3 breakers that can deal with Steel-types relatively well. First off you have Dragalge, which can lure in Steel-types and hit them with a very strong Focus Blast. Then, you have Copperajah with Superpower for threats such as Snorlax and Stakataka, as well as the traditional Assault Vest to give this team a more defensive backbone. Finally, you have Golurk, which can wallbreak as well as setting Stealth Rocks for the team. Finally, Galvantula lays Sticky Web, which makes the whole core work break a lot better, as less things can revenge kill you. One consideration to make would be Volt Switch over Infestation on Galvantula. Infestation is on here to trap greedy Xatus that try and bounce your Sticky Web, but it's not that big of a deal either way. You can also make Copperajah Stealth Rocks with Leftovers or Sheer Force + Life Orb and Golurk with Rock Polish. I didn't think this version would be as good, but it'd give you a solid fast sweeper for endgame scenarios where you might want one.

Decidueye stallbreaks pretty well by itself, but I tried to provide quality teams for you regardless.

Team 1
:decidueye: :talonflame: :sylveon: :mudsdale: :copperajah: :starmie:
This team was built around the idea of having Talonflame to assist in the stallbreaking, as Taunt + Toxic ends up shredding most stall without much added effort. Sylveon is there to provide Heal Bell support and assist the defensive core's lack of recovery. Mudsdale just soaks up most physical hits without a sweat, and Toxic + Protect is used to make threats such as Silvally-Ground think twice about 1v1ing the horse. Protect can be made into Smack Down to make Mudsdale less exploitable by things such as Air Balloon Stakataka, but its a personal preference. Copperajah is just really good paired with Wish support, providing a secondary breaker that is near impossible to wall while still providing defensive utility. The Starmie choice is a weird one, but it provides some speed control for a team with a much bulkier Talonflame spread (it is EV'd to tank 2 Hyper Voices from Specs Sylveon), and can Trick to transform itself into a defensive spinner. If you want a more standard team, you could replace Trick with Toxic and make the set Heavy Duty Boots, then give Talonflame the standard max speed set with Brave Bird, Will-O-Wisp, U-Turn, Roost. This was just made for the explicit purpose of being better into stall, and also of being a lot cooler. :pimp:

Team 2
:silvally-ground: :togedemaru: :mantine: :xatu: :decidueye: :aerodactyl:
This team is a bit worse against stall, but I think it's probably a bit more offensive and intuitive to play. Silvally-Ground provides a really good and fast breaker that has the potential to sweep against weakened teams. Togedemaru is not the most bulky Steel-type, but it provides Wish support and U-Turn for your more offensive teammates. Mantine uses its debatably better set with Toxic over Defog, allowing it to pressure a lot of Pokemon it can't otherwise, while having the support of Silvally-Ground and Togedemaru to help cover its obvious weaknesses. Xatu is here to provide hazard control in Mantine's stead, also providing an adequate pivot into your offensive teammates. Itemless is here because the team is quite weak to Poltergeist users otherwise. Decidueye with a Choice Band provides a way to break down defensive cores, with a threatening dual STAB and U-Turn to threaten opposing Pokemon. Poltergeist is an option over Spirit Shackle, but is more susceptible to being hard walled by certain Itemless Pokemon. Aerodactyl is the final pick, providing speed control for the team and threatening out Talonflame, which the team tends to struggle with otherwise.

Hi again, i am here to ask for a bulky offense team around specs espeon, i know it's low on the vr but i really wanna use it but i am not good at building. Thank You in advance.
This is technically not allowed as Espeon isn't on the Viability Rankings anymore, but we agreed its not in the spirit of the section to reject this request and just did it for funsies.

Team 1 (credit to Togkey)
:espeon: :weezing: :stunfisk-galar: :vaporeon: :rotom-mow: :drapion:
Espeon is here because the team is built around it, but it provides a couple things for the team. One, it allows the team to actually break well enough which is nice, and it also allows for Magic Bounce to keep Stealth Rocks off the field. Grass Knot is the last move to allow you to threaten Mudsdale and Stakataka, but its technically replaceable. Weezing offers a solid check to things such as Silvally-Ground which otherwise provide a lot of pain for the team. Stunfisk-Galar is, again, great compression and allows you to fish for Sludge Bomb and Scald status against checks to Drapion or Espeon without much risk. Vaporeon gives the team Heal Bell and Wish support, which allows Espeon to use Magic Bounce more reliably and for Drapion to attempt to break without needing to be crippled permanently by burn. Rotom-Mow is the speed control of choice, offering disruption to opposing defensive structures and a backup Defog in case you can't prevent Stealth Rocks from going up. Drapion is just an assistant breaker to Espeon, helping to threaten some Dark types that Espeon struggles with and getting assistance from its teammates to pressure the many Ground-types that give it trouble.

Team 2
:espeon: :silvally-ground: :shuckle: :blastoise: :salazzle: :decidueye:
I won't spend too much time on this, its a meme team really. You do slow Shell Smash with Shuckle, and then you use Copycat with Espeon to get an unbelievably fast and strong Espeon on the field. The rest of the team is just a standard Hyper Offense team, allowing you to cripple certain checks before pulling off the strategy, or just to help you win in the endgame after you pull off the admittedly silly gimmick. Its quite fun though!

I'd like to request a team balance team built around SD Groundvally and NP Mowtom. Haven't played the tier in a while, and I'd like to try that core out.
This request was probably the easiest to do, as these are 2 of the most common Pokemon in the tier, so I also have a couple for you!

Team 1
:silvally-ground: :rotom-mow: :blastoise: :dragalge: :stakataka: :indeedee-f:
This team is admittedly better with Scarf Rotom-Mow and Xatu over Indeedee-F to offer extra insurance against Ground-types, but the current form of the team is quite fun anyways. Silvally-Ground and Rotom-Mow both compliment each other by adding pressure onto Grass-types and tend to overload the opponent's defensive cores. Flame Charge Silvally-Ground in particular is underutilized, often allowing you to find a sweep if the opponent's Grass-type is chipped. Blastoise aids in this endeavor, often forcing the Grass-type to come in on it to tank a +2 Ice Beam, if not just winning outright. Dragalge offers a sound Grass-type check in case you can't overload them early in the game, and is EV'd to live a +2 Ice Beam guaranteed from Blastoise. Stakataka is just a really good special sponge, being a Steel-type that sets Stealth Rock it can't go wrong. Indeedee-F is just a great scarfer that can piece together offenses, breaking very well and also offering Healing Wish support so you can essentially have 4 sweepers instead of 3.

Team 2
:silvally-ground: :rotom-mow: :talonflame: :mantine: :copperajah: :sylveon:
This team focuses on lame stuff such as being "defensively sound" and "not weak to Ground-types", but it turned out pretty well. The main thing to note on this team is that it uses Substitute on Rotom-Mow instead of the more traditional Volt Switch + Defog set that Nasty Plot tends to run, and that can take advantage of certain team structures that don't have very solid checks for Nasty Plot Rotom. To fix the issue of not having pivots, Silvally-Ground runs U-Turn on this team along with the utility bot Talonflame, which offers speed control and a good Fighting-type resist. Mantine is a solid defogger that allows for a more consistent check to threats such as Salazzle and Inteleon. Copperajah sets Stealth Rocks on this team, opting for a Sheer Force set that doesn't lose power versus heavier targets such as Snorlax and Mudsdale when using Iron Head. Sylveon just glues the whole thing together, giving Wish + Heal Bell support to keep our breakers and Copperajah healthy throughout a game.

Whenever y'alll can, I'd like a team built around Banded Grimmsnarl. Thanks in advance.
Yep!

Team 1
:braviary: :grimmsnarl: :mudsdale: :togedemaru: :talonflame: :dhelmise:
I built this team around 3 attack Braviary initially, but it fits this request as well. Braviary often struggles versus Steel and Rock type Pokemon, so it can serve as an important lure with Close Combat and Iron Head to allow Grimmsnarl to better perform its job. Grimmsnarl can provide the same level of support to Braviary with Choice Banded Superpower, and they tend to work well together. Mudsdale is on the team because its broken, but also because it sets Stealth Rocks and can cover the weakness to Rock-types and especially Diancie that the offensive core has. Togedemaru is a good offensive Steel-type, allowing for a faster option in that slot and giving the team some Wish support to keep Grimmsnarl and Mudsdale healthy. Talonflame is always a good option on balance builds, allowing you to use Flame Body to punish U-Turn users and providing U-Turn of its own. Dhelmise is one of the best checks to both Silvally-Ground and Blastoise, giving a nice rounded defensive core on top of giving Rapid Spin support to the team.

Team 2 (credit to Rabia)
:grimmsnarl: :xatu: :dragalge: :stakataka: :quagsire: :rotom-mow:
This was a build from Rabia around Power Whip Grimmsnarl, pressuring checks such as Mudsdale and Diancie a lot harder. Xatu was the primary hazard control of choice, giving a good Fighting-type check and Teleport support for Grimmsnarl to thrive off of. Dragalge gives more pivot support, as well as pressuring the Fairy-type Pokemon that give Grimmsnarl a very hard time with its powerful Sludge Bomb. Stakataka is 3 Attacks because Xatu gives adequate pressure versus an opposing Mudsdale, and all 3 of its attacks can pressure opposing defensive strucutures with powerful attacks while providing the team Stealth Rocks and a good Specially Defensive wall for threats such as Indeedee and Sylveon. Quagsire glues the team together, allowing the team to easily check threats such as Silvally-Ground, Tyrantrum, and Salazzle that the team would otherwise struggle with. Rotom-Mow is again one of the best Choice Scarf users in the tier, and allows for emergency removal in case Xatu cannot keep off Stealth Rocks or other hazards.

Thanks for all your requests, and I hope you all enjoy the teams! Also thanks again to Togkey, which checked every team and gave many suggestions for improvement for them.

This one proved to be rather difficult to put together, but I've given it my best shot.

Team 1
This team was made to try and supplement the weakness of Indeedee and Sylveon's struggles with Steel-types with a breaker that's also fast. This breaker is of course Passimian, and he was a natural fit to the team. Stunfisk-Galar is just a really solid compression option to fit Stealth Rocks, an Electric immunity, and a Steel-type all into one slot. After that, Xatu is just a natural fit for keeping hazards off for more offensive teams, and Vaporeon is the glue that keeps this flimsy defensive core functioning fine enough. Xatu could be made itemless on this team and your matchup versus both Dhelmise and Golurk would improve a bit, so keep that in mind as an option.

Team 2
This team just takes advantage of how ridiculous the double specs core tends to be and pairs it with 3 breakers that can deal with Steel-types relatively well. First off you have Dragalge, which can lure in Steel-types and hit them with a very strong Focus Blast. Then, you have Copperajah with Superpower for threats such as Snorlax and Stakataka, as well as the traditional Assault Vest to give this team a more defensive backbone. Finally, you have Golurk, which can wallbreak as well as setting Stealth Rocks for the team. Finally, Galvantula lays Sticky Web, which makes the whole core work break a lot better, as less things can revenge kill you. One consideration to make would be Volt Switch over Infestation on Galvantula. Infestation is on here to trap greedy Xatus that try and bounce your Sticky Web, but it's not that big of a deal either way. You can also make Copperajah Stealth Rocks with Leftovers or Sheer Force + Life Orb and Golurk with Rock Polish. I didn't think this version would be as good, but it'd give you a solid fast sweeper for endgame scenarios where you might want one.

Decidueye stallbreaks pretty well by itself, but I tried to provide quality teams for you regardless.

Team 1
This team was built around the idea of having Talonflame to assist in the stallbreaking, as Taunt + Toxic ends up shredding most stall without much added effort. Sylveon is there to provide Heal Bell support and assist the defensive core's lack of recovery. Mudsdale just soaks up most physical hits without a sweat, and Toxic + Protect is used to make threats such as Silvally-Ground think twice about 1v1ing the horse. Protect can be made into Smack Down to make Mudsdale less exploitable by things such as Air Balloon Stakataka, but its a personal preference. Copperajah is just really good paired with Wish support, providing a secondary breaker that is near impossible to wall while still providing defensive utility. The Starmie choice is a weird one, but it provides some speed control for a team with a much bulkier Talonflame spread (it is EV'd to tank 2 Hyper Voices from Specs Sylveon), and can Trick to transform itself into a defensive spinner. If you want a more standard team, you could replace Trick with Toxic and make the set Heavy Duty Boots, then give Talonflame the standard max speed set with Brave Bird, Will-O-Wisp, U-Turn, Roost. This was just made for the explicit purpose of being better into stall, and also of being a lot cooler. :pimp:

Team 2
This team is a bit worse against stall, but I think it's probably a bit more offensive and intuitive to play. Silvally-Ground provides a really good and fast breaker that has the potential to sweep against weakened teams. Togedemaru is not the most bulky Steel-type, but it provides Wish support and U-Turn for your more offensive teammates. Mantine uses its debatably better set with Toxic over Defog, allowing it to pressure a lot of Pokemon it can't otherwise, while having the support of Silvally-Ground and Togedemaru to help cover its obvious weaknesses. Xatu is here to provide hazard control in Mantine's stead, also providing an adequate pivot into your offensive teammates. Itemless is here because the team is quite weak to Poltergeist users otherwise. Decidueye with a Choice Band provides a way to break down defensive cores, with a threatening dual STAB and U-Turn to threaten opposing Pokemon. Poltergeist is an option over Spirit Shackle, but is more susceptible to being hard walled by certain Itemless Pokemon. Aerodactyl is the final pick, providing speed control for the team and threatening out Talonflame, which the team tends to struggle with otherwise.

This is technically not allowed as Espeon isn't on the Viability Rankings anymore, but we agreed its not in the spirit of the section to reject this request and just did it for funsies.

Espeon is here because the team is built around it, but it provides a couple things for the team. One, it allows the team to actually break well enough which is nice, and it also allows for Magic Bounce to keep Stealth Rocks off the field. Grass Knot is the last move to allow you to threaten Mudsdale and Stakataka, but its technically replaceable. Weezing offers a solid check to things such as Silvally-Ground which otherwise provide a lot of pain for the team. Stunfisk-Galar is, again, great compression and allows you to fish for Sludge Bomb and Scald status against checks to Drapion or Espeon without much risk. Vaporeon gives the team Heal Bell and Wish support, which allows Espeon to use Magic Bounce more reliably and for Drapion to attempt to break without needing to be crippled permanently by burn. Rotom-Mow is the speed control of choice, offering disruption to opposing defensive structures and a backup Defog in case you can't prevent Stealth Rocks from going up. Drapion is just an assistant breaker to Espeon, helping to threaten some Dark types that Espeon struggles with and getting assistance from its teammates to pressure the many Ground-types that give it trouble.

Team 2
I won't spend too much time on this, its a meme team really. You do slow Shell Smash with Shuckle, and then you use Copycat with Espeon to get an unbelievably fast and strong Espeon on the field. The rest of the team is just a standard Hyper Offense team, allowing you to cripple certain checks before pulling off the strategy, or just to help you win in the endgame after you pull off the admittedly silly gimmick. Its quite fun though!

This request was probably the easiest to do, as these are 2 of the most common Pokemon in the tier, so I also have a couple for you!

Team 1
This team is admittedly better with Scarf Rotom-Mow and Xatu over Indeedee-F to offer extra insurance against Ground-types, but the current form of the team is quite fun anyways. Silvally-Ground and Rotom-Mow both compliment each other by adding pressure onto Grass-types and tend to overload the opponent's defensive cores. Flame Charge Silvally-Ground in particular is underutilized, often allowing you to find a sweep if the opponent's Grass-type is chipped. Blastoise aids in this endeavor, often forcing the Grass-type to come in on it to tank a +2 Ice Beam, if not just winning outright. Dragalge offers a sound Grass-type check in case you can't overload them early in the game, and is EV'd to live a +2 Ice Beam guaranteed from Blastoise. Stakataka is just a really good special sponge, being a Steel-type that sets Stealth Rock it can't go wrong. Indeedee-F is just a great scarfer that can piece together offenses, breaking very well and also offering Healing Wish support so you can essentially have 4 sweepers instead of 3.

Team 2
This team focuses on lame stuff such as being "defensively sound" and "not weak to Ground-types", but it turned out pretty well. The main thing to note on this team is that it uses Substitute on Rotom-Mow instead of the more traditional Volt Switch + Defog set that Nasty Plot tends to run, and that can take advantage of certain team structures that don't have very solid checks for Nasty Plot Rotom. To fix the issue of not having pivots, Silvally-Ground runs U-Turn on this team along with the utility bot Talonflame, which offers speed control and a good Fighting-type resist. Mantine is a solid defogger that allows for a more consistent check to threats such as Salazzle and Inteleon. Copperajah sets Stealth Rocks on this team, opting for a Sheer Force set that doesn't lose power versus heavier targets such as Snorlax and Mudsdale when using Iron Head. Sylveon just glues the whole thing together, giving Wish + Heal Bell support to keep our breakers and Copperajah healthy throughout a game.

Yep!

Team 1
I built this team around 3 attack Braviary initially, but it fits this request as well. Braviary often struggles versus Steel and Rock type Pokemon, so it can serve as an important lure with Close Combat and Iron Head to allow Grimmsnarl to better perform its job. Grimmsnarl can provide the same level of support to Braviary with Choice Banded Superpower, and they tend to work well together. Mudsdale is on the team because its broken, but also because it sets Stealth Rocks and can cover the weakness to Rock-types and especially Diancie that the offensive core has. Togedemaru is a good offensive Steel-type, allowing for a faster option in that slot and giving the team some Wish support to keep Grimmsnarl and Mudsdale healthy. Talonflame is always a good option on balance builds, allowing you to use Flame Body to punish U-Turn users and providing U-Turn of its own. Dhelmise is one of the best checks to both Silvally-Ground and Blastoise, giving a nice rounded defensive core on top of giving Rapid Spin support to the team.

Team 2 (credit to Rabia)
This was a build from Rabia around Power Whip Grimmsnarl, pressuring checks such as Mudsdale and Diancie a lot harder. Xatu was the primary hazard control of choice, giving a good Fighting-type check and Teleport support for Grimmsnarl to thrive off of. Dragalge gives more pivot support, as well as pressuring the Fairy-type Pokemon that give Grimmsnarl a very hard time with its powerful Sludge Bomb. Stakataka is 3 Attacks because Xatu gives adequate pressure versus an opposing Mudsdale, and all 3 of its attacks can pressure opposing defensive strucutures with powerful attacks while providing the team Stealth Rocks and a good Specially Defensive wall for threats such as Indeedee and Sylveon. Quagsire glues the team together, allowing the team to easily check threats such as Silvally-Ground, Tyrantrum, and Salazzle that the team would otherwise struggle with. Rotom-Mow is again one of the best Choice Scarf users in the tier, and allows for emergency removal in case Xatu cannot keep off Stealth Rocks or other hazards.

Thanks for all your requests, and I hope you all enjoy the teams! Also thanks again to Togkey, which checked every team and gave many suggestions for improvement for them.
Thank you very much

Team 1

Team 2

Team 1

Team 2

Team 2

Team 1

Team 2

Yep!

Team 1

Team 2 (credit to Rabia)

This is incredible! Thanks so much!

Team 1

Team 2 (credit to Rabia)

I've been trying out the teams, and they're really nice, thanx for this :)

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hewwo, I kinda saw that Stakataka dropped and though it really is a nice SR setter and specially defensive sponge, it would be interesting to see a team built around offensive (TR) Stakatakataka :D

...However, since its kinda walled by Quag and the horse, it I would like to pair it with Exeggutor-Alola for even more TR fun :blobnom:
(Also Eggy is a dragon and dragons are so cool)

Tysm in advance!

Hewwo, I kinda saw that Stakataka dropped and though it really is a nice SR setter and specially defensive sponge, it would be interesting to see a team built around offensive (TR) Stakatakataka :D

...However, since its kinda walled by Quag and the horse, it I would like to pair it with Exeggutor-Alola for even more TR fun :blobnom:
(Also Eggy is a dragon and dragons are so cool)

Tysm in advance!
:ss/stakataka: :ss/exeggutor-alola:
:audino: :marowak: :xatu: :glastrier:

Trick Room is a pretty simple teamstyle to build for and to pilot, meaning there's plenty of room for creativity and opportunities to use otherwise unviable Pokemon like Marowak who thrive under twisted dimensions.

Stakataka as requested is an offensive Trick Room set with Superpower as the coverage move to do the most damage to targets like potential Shuca Berry Stakataka and Copperajah. The IV Spread and Lonely Nature ensure you receive an Attack boost from Beast Boost and Life Orb actually reaches some relevent benchmarks such as guaranteeing an OHKO on Silvally Ground with Gyro Ball and 2HKOing Vaporeon with Stone Edge factoring Protect and Leftovers.

Exeggutor-Alola pairs quite well with Stakataka as it threatens the few defensive checks that exist for Stakataka such as Quagsire and Mudsdale, as you said in your team submission. Draco Meteor is your strongest Dragon STAB and Giga Drain is used to circumvent Life Orb recoil and to have a move that doesn't reduce your special attack, although Leaf Storm could be used for more power. Flamethrower hits Steel-types such as Escavalier, Ferroseed, and Copperajah, and also lets you hit Grass-types without dropping your special attack with Draco Meteor. Exeggutor-Alola can set up Trick Room very consistently due to its great defensive profile that also synergizes well with Stakataka, resisting Water and Ground while Stakataka takes on Fairy- and Flying-types.
Audino is simply a Trick Room machine; its excellent bulk, consistency to hit the field multiple times thanks to Regenerator, and having Healing Wish to set up for a 3 turn sweep for an ally under Trick Room make it a very powerful option for any Trick Room team.

Marowak boasts near-flawless coverage and can force switches consistently enough to set up Stealth Rock due to its immense natural power. Sharing common checks with Stakataka mean the two can overwhelm their answers quite easily since they're so powerful.

Xatu's natural ability to wall stuff thanks to its typing and Magic Bounce along with Teleport make it a great Trick Room setter. At this point in the build, the setter is quite malleable, and something like Diancie could work in the slot here.

Glastrier is similar to Xatu in that its position is quite malleable, and any random strong Pokemon would suffice here. Glastrier's ability to snowball (double pun intended) after getting a KO in conjunction with its fantastic natural bulk make it very good on Trick Room. This could be replaced with something like Drampa, Vikavolt, or Escavalier.

Thank you for your submission and I hope you enjoy :) shoutouts to Rabia for making the original team structure​

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
:ss/stakataka: :ss/exeggutor-alola:
:audino: :marowak: :xatu: :glastrier:

Trick Room is a pretty simple teamstyle to build for and to pilot, meaning there's plenty of room for creativity and opportunities to use otherwise unviable Pokemon like Marowak who thrive under twisted dimensions.

Stakataka as requested is an offensive Trick Room set with Superpower as the coverage move to do the most damage to targets like potential Shuca Berry Stakataka and Copperajah. The IV Spread and Lonely Nature ensure you receive an Attack boost from Beast Boost and Life Orb actually reaches some relevent benchmarks such as guaranteeing an OHKO on Silvally Ground with Gyro Ball and 2HKOing Vaporeon with Stone Edge factoring Protect and Leftovers.

Exeggutor-Alola pairs quite well with Stakataka as it threatens the few defensive checks that exist for Stakataka such as Quagsire and Mudsdale, as you said in your team submission. Draco Meteor is your strongest Dragon STAB and Giga Drain is used to circumvent Life Orb recoil and to have a move that doesn't reduce your special attack, although Leaf Storm could be used for more power. Flamethrower hits Steel-types such as Escavalier, Ferroseed, and Copperajah, and also lets you hit Grass-types without dropping your special attack with Draco Meteor. Exeggutor-Alola can set up Trick Room very consistently due to its great defensive profile that also synergizes well with Stakataka, resisting Water and Ground while Stakataka takes on Fairy- and Flying-types.
Audino is simply a Trick Room machine; its excellent bulk, consistency to hit the field multiple times thanks to Regenerator, and having Healing Wish to set up for a 3 turn sweep for an ally under Trick Room make it a very powerful option for any Trick Room team.

Marowak boasts near-flawless coverage and can force switches consistently enough to set up Stealth Rock due to its immense natural power. Sharing common checks with Stakataka mean the two can overwhelm their answers quite easily since they're so powerful.

Xatu's natural ability to wall stuff thanks to its typing and Magic Bounce along with Teleport make it a great Trick Room setter. At this point in the build, the setter is quite malleable, and something like Diancie could work in the slot here.

Glastrier is similar to Xatu in that its position is quite malleable, and any random strong Pokemon would suffice here. Glastrier's ability to snowball (double pun intended) after getting a KO in conjunction with its fantastic natural bulk make it very good on Trick Room. This could be replaced with something like Drampa, Vikavolt, or Escavalier.

Thank you for your submission and I hope you enjoy :) shoutouts to Rabia for making the original team structure​
Yay, thank you so much, gonna try it out in the weekend! :blobnom:
(I like Stak going brr...)

Been a while, would it be possible to get a scarf silvally normal team? pretty similar to scarf tauros but it has access to U-turn. Also would be cool to use Explosion since it picks up KOs on some of the defensive bulky mons by surprise.
252 Atk Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Vaporeon: 370-436 (79.7 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Level: 100
Jolly Nature
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Crunch

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Been a while, would it be possible to get a scarf silvally normal team? pretty similar to scarf tauros but it has access to U-turn. Also would be cool to use Explosion since it picks up KOs on some of the defensive bulky mons by surprise.
252 Atk Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Vaporeon: 370-436 (79.7 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Level: 100
Jolly Nature
Ability: RKS System
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Crunch
My goat imy bro. I wish we could but not sure it’s on the VR. HOWEVER. For u I will build it regardless of whether I can post it in this thread :)

Any Golurk Teams? (Any set is fine.)
Sorry for the wait we've all been building for SCL (lots of secrets) and adapting to the Blastoise ban and overall metagame changes.

First the classic Choice Band set
:ss/golurk:
:vaporeon: :vileplume: :rotom-mow: :stakataka: :inteleon:
Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Heat Crash

Golurk is pretty simple; he click funny move, stuff dies. Unfortunately a large degree of its damage output is reliant on predictions due to the common resistances and immunities its moves have and its poor speed stat, leaving it often outclassed. On top of this, the Ground-typing is so highly coveted its often occupied on a team by the S-rank Mudsdale or Silvally-Ground.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Vileplume @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Strength Sap

Vaporeon and Vileplume help stave off Golurk's weakness to Water and Grass respectively, and Vileplume serves as a great Knock Off switch-in. Vaporeon can also heal Golurk if it takes too much damage or gets statused.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Defog

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Now for the pivots; Rotom-Mow invites in special tanks such as Sylveon and Stakataka, which Golurk can take advantage of. Rotom-Mow also cleans up quite nicely with Inteleon after Golurk and Inteleon break through teams with their Choiced damage.

Stakataka @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Stakataka's role is pretty well-defined; the best Steel-type in the tier and one of the best tanks and Stealth Rock setters.

Now for one of the newer developments for Golurk, Sticky Barb with Trick.
:ss/golurk:
:tauros: :vileplume: :copperajah: :gastrodon: :rotom-mow:

Golurk @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Klutz
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist
- Stealth Rock
- Trick

Golurk makes use of Klutz to bestow a Sticky Barb on unsuspecting and otherwise suitable checks such as Mudsdale, Weezing, and even commonly itemless Pokemon such as Dhelmise and Vileplume. Golurk's natural power due to high BP STAB moves can also force plenty of switches to set Stealth Rock while crippling common Defog users like Rotom-Mow and Mantine and threatening Xatu to not hit the field for fear of a Poltergeist OHKO.

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Facade

Tauros shares a lot of checks with Golurk, physical walls such as Vileplume, Mudsdale, and Weezing. These Pokemon simply do not reliably check Tauros if holding a Sticky Barb, making these two quite a great offensive core. Facade was opted for as the 4th move on Tauros to keep a positive matchup against Wil-o-Wisp users like Talonflame and Weezing, as the team did not have room for a cleric.

Vileplume @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap
- Growth

Vileplume provides a Fighting-resist for Tauros and can take Knock Off and Grass-types for Golurk, all while damaging Pokemon faster than the two such as Talonflame, and Choice Scarf Rotom-Mow and Passimian. Vileplume has Growth as sometimes the raw power of Tauros and Golurk isn't enough to get past very bulky teams, which famously fall prey to Growth Vileplume.

Copperajah @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Copperajah provides a sturdy special tank to take on Pokemon such as Indeedee-F and Exploud, which easily claims the first 3 teammates. Copperajah's EVs let it take 2 Choice Specs Mystical Fires from Indeedee-F

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 64 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

The Electric and Water immunity bring a lot to the table, along with Gastrodon's great natural coverage make it a perfect fit for the team. Gastrodon's natural bulk allows it to damage opponents into range of Tauros (which doesn't take much) and Toxic walls that can even combo with Sticky Barb for insane passive damage. Gastrodon's primary role is checking Salazzle and Water-types that can beat Vileplume and outspeed Tauros such as Starmie and Inteleon.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Defog

Rotom-Mow once again is the savior of the builder, Ground-immune, Defogging, fast Scarfer with Trick to stop Snorlax or Scrafty, and unstoppable Volt Switch (Mow is broken :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)