Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaporeon with 36 speed EVs specifically to outspeed jolly 252 Glastrier. That or a team with Magneton that mon seems sick.

Last edited:
Teambuilding lab has been kinda dead this month, so I am back again with another request. Vileplume is a mon that I used more back when Pangoro was around, but after those bans it kinda fell out of favor. Recently I've seen it used on the ladder and in a few NUPL games. I'm requesting either a balance or bulky offense with defensive vileplume. Can either be black sludge or itemless, doesn't really matter to me. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: GW

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Vaporeon with 36 speed EVs specifically to outspeed jolly 252 Glastrier. That or a team with Magneton that mon seems sick.
Hey UnzipsCrogre it seems you really want a team with either Vaporeon or Magneton, so I decided to give you both. This is a team I built awhile back, but it is still extremely effective. Without any further ado here is the team:
:ss/magneton: :ss/ninjask: :ss/Flygon: :ss/vaporeon: :ss/Xatu: :ss/diancie:

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 96 HP / 172 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
So when building this team, my main plan was to trap the steel types with Magneton, allowing Ninjask to sweep late game once its checks are weakened. As you can see, mag is Analytic, and that’s for 2 reasons. First off, I found that trapping steels is generally hard, Copper and Bronzong both have ways to hit Magneton super effectively, so I decided the better course of action was to bluff the trapping Mag, and also have the ability to hit supposed switch ins with a boosted attack. Eviolite was chosen as this is my only steel type, and I’d like magneton to retain its useful bulk. The spread is to live a +2 Blastoise Surf from full and still outspeed modest Exploud. Toxic was chosen to cripple opposing defensive Flygon.

Ninjask
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Protect
Ninjask’s role is pretty self explanatory, but it’s job is to act as the speed control and potential win condition of the team. The spread was chosen to outspeed the standard bulky Talonflame. Use ninjask as a way to garner momentum during early to mid game, and potentially get a SD up once it’s checks are weakened.

Flygon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
Defensive Flygon was chosen as the main AV Copper switch in and only defogger of the team. It’s role is essential on this team, as it gives us a Volt immune to stop opponents from stealing back momentum from the team. The move set is standard, and the spread is to outspeed Toxicroak, which can be generally annoying

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Def / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald
Vaporeon is the next member of the team, and it gives the team a cleric and Wish passer. The spread is meant to retain physical bulk while still remaining a check to Salazzle and Blastoise. The speed EVs are to outspeed Jolly Glastrier, and other mons creeping it.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Teleport
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
Since this team revolves around no item Ninjask, it is essential we keep hazards off our side of the field. Xatu was added as a way to guarantee most SR setters for not keep their hazards up. Xatu also gives the team a fighting resist, which is important because of Ninjask’s frailty keeping it from being a sustainable fighting switch in. The EVs are to outspeed Adamant Sirfetch’d, although a faster spread with 40 speed can be used to outspeed Modest Exploud, allowing you to hit it with a Psychic in an emergency situation. Teleport is used over double defog to always keep momentum.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Skill Swap
The final member of the team was added to give me a reliable flying resist and stealth rock setter of our own. The spread is to retain balanced defenses and still outspeed standard Vape, letting Diancie serve as a decent Exploud switch in, as well as still beating the flying types of the tier. The move set is ordinary except for the addition of Skill Swap, which was reccomended by my friend Togkey in order to beat opposing Vaporeon and potentially Flygons if you predict correctly. With the addition of Skill Swap, Diancie serves as a secondary win condition if it gets the Diamond Storm boosts.

Well that completes the team, I have included a replay of TeamCharm using my team in NU Open Semifinals to show how it is still effective in a tournament setting. Enjoy!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nu-561469

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nu-565916
inspired by this match, would like to request a team with future sight Articuno-Galar + choice band Sirfetch'd
https://pokepast.es/b3fb0b5cb29717fd not teambuilding lab but had this in my builder and felt generous anyway. there was also a team with Toxicroak > Vaporeon used in NUPL a few weeks ago, so if you look through replays you can probably find it

edit: another option here would be making rotom-c itemless and running pain split instead of wisp. helps given the lack of a poltergeist switch-in

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:ss/goodra: :ss/scrafty: :ss/diancie: :ss/silvally-steel: :ss/ninjask: :ss/weezing:
Good afternoon,

This team is for Decem and it's built around Iron Tail Goodra + Bulk Up Scrafty. The idea around Iron Tail Goodra is to punish Fairy-types like Sylveon, Diancie, and Comfey to allow Scrafty to clean easier. Scrafty is one of those Pokemon that can instantly sweep teams on team preview if you aren't using the aforementioned Pokemon to deal with it. Having this in mind, I added Diancie to provide Dragon immunity and Stealth Rock support. The given spread outspeeds Adamant + Max Speed Copperajah. I dropped Moonblast for Heal Bell so Ninjask isn't completely crippled by adverse status effects like Talonflame's Flame Body and general status. Silvally Steel + Ninjask forms a pivoting core; Silvally-Steel provides Defog support and Ninjask is the Speed control of this team, checking stuff like Choice Scarf Rotom-C and Passimian. Finally, Weezing does a number of things for this team. It acts as a Poltergeist switchin to Golurk and Dhelmise, it checks physical wallbreakers like Sirfetch'd and Glastrier, and its the preferred Ground check on this team with Will + Pain Split. Watch out from those constant pivoters like Talonflame and Heliolisk, don't be afraid to play Weezing more aggressively. If you need, Rocky Helmet is an option for punish U-turn users and Copperajah if you are worried. (Also scout the Bronzong set with Weezing, if its using BP + Psychic, then check it with Scrafty). Click any of the images for an importable, have fun!
1626127256006.png

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
While I build most of my teams I would like to request a team built around Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon + Ninjask. Drud has recently risen up in usage but i have only mainly seen bulky sets. I think something around the following set could be extremely dangerous and also work as a great partner with ninjask as it lures pokemon such as Copperajah, Bronzong Diancie and Sylveon. Gunk & Iron head ohko Sylveon and Diancie respectively while fire punch nearly ohko Copper. Think this would be a sick combo. The biggest issue i can see here is finding ways to slowly chip down mudsdale but its pretty passive and bad right now so i imagine it can be done.

:Talonflame: :Decidueye:
Talonflame and banded Decidueye.
Talonflame can pivot on many of the tiers rock and water types to bring in banded Decidueye for wallbreaking. STABS U-turn and Spirit shackle for itemless Pokemon.

Decidueye @ Choice Band
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Poltergeist
- U-turn
- Spirit Shackle

Danny

ZU Circuit Champion
Talonflame can pivot on many of the tiers rock and water types to bring in banded Decidueye for wallbreaking. STABS U-turn and Spirit shackle for itemless Pokemon.

Decidueye @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Poltergeist
- U-turn
- Spirit Shackle
Reserved

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around :toxicroak:
SD or NP either is fine, it's my favorite mon but I have trouble building with it. Thanks
Hey there Baptain Falbon, sorry for this being over a month late. NUPL and IRL stuff was going on but it's done!

:ss/toxicroak::ss/tauros::ss/diancie::ss/rotom-mow::ss/talonflame::ss/copperajah:
SD Croakers

You wanted a team around SD or NP :toxicroak: and you got the SD variety! Low Kick was the choice here over Drain for guaranteed OHKOs on stuff like Copper and Guzzlord since Drain wouldn't do so. I also went Adamant > Jolly since there's a good chance Mudsdale goes down to a +2 Low Kick after rocks chip:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 351-413 (86.8 - 102.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Next is :tauros: and there's nothing unusual here other than a bunch of bull that delivers a bunch of hurt. Your rocker in :diancie: is next and we went with a more SpDef version. Nonetheless, nothing out of the ordinary here. The scarfer of the team is :rotom-mow: and we gave it Trick of course; use that wisely lol. The penultimate mon is :talonflame: and it has U-turn to pivot on Rocks and Steels for Croak to feast on, naturally. Last mon is some more SpDef help in AV Copperajah. Enjoy the team friend!

P.S. I used this team against Finchinator for Battle of the Week and the Mudsdale he was using just dropped like a bad habit. I lost the game, but the team was pretty neat.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1373220523

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team with Spdef Sub Bulk Up :Braviary:. I do prefer BO with hazard removal and possibly spikes. Thanks.
Hi STV, I present to you:
:ss/Braviary::ss/Goodra::ss/Copperajah::ss/Vaporeon::ss/Talonflame::ss/Mudsdale:
https://pokepast.es/aec032b8ffd74025
A rather standard team that features your Sub Bulk Up Braviary. I chose a slower but more bulky spread that allows your Substitute to always survive a Scald from Vaporeon and has a good shot at surviving a Sludge Bomb from Vileplume to turn them into easier setup fodder; the given speed allows you to still outspeed Adamant Golurk. Choice Specs Goodra is a great partner that lures pokemon which stand in Braviary's way such as Diancie, Copperajah and Bronzong and dents them for good damage, making the sweep with Braviary easier. Assault Vest Copperajah was a menace and only got better with Flygon leaving the tier. It acts as a check to special attacker such as Exploud, Sylveon and Dragalge, while having insanely good coverage making it tough to switch into safely. Vaporeon is well known and pretty basic and you probably used it yourself a lot. The spread always you to outspeed Jolly Glastrier, avoids the 2HKO from +4 Blastoise Dark Pulse after Leftovers and gives the biggest Wish to pass. Heal Bell can help if you want to switch hard into pokemon like Vaporeon or Vileplume but catch and unfortunate status. Talonflame is the Fighting resist of the team and defogger. It forms a nice defensive core with Vaporeon and Copperajah and can also check pokemon like Copperajah for the team. Lastly, Mudsdale is the Stealth Rock user of the team and gives Copperajah the freedom to run Assault Vest. It can also block Volt Switch from a scouted Choice Scarf Rotom-Mow. It is also the Tyrantrum check for the team.
Have fun!​

Hey! Can I request a team around a creative Vapo abuser + a wishpasser pls? (any wishpasser, it can be Sylv or Vapo)
If it's unpossible pls lmk.

Hi scorbunnys ! When looking at your request we initially thought of Toxicroak, however that is not super creative since toxicroak is a very common Vaporeon abuser.

Instead we decided to get creative and opted for Calm Mind Virizion! Shout out to our Lab builder Corthius for this idea. This virizion doesn't mind being burned by scald and can set up on Vaporeon easily and lay the hurt on the rest of the opposition.

Here is the team (click image):
1626212735016.png

:ss/virizion:
Virizion is here as the main vapo abuser that can set up and take down enemy teams. Giga drain is a great stab move that can keep Virizion healthy after boosting, however Leaf storm is an option for immediate power. Focus blast is a heavy hitting stab move. Air slash is necessary to threaten vileplume as well as rack up some chip on Talonflames that switch in. The spread allows Virizion to survive a 2+ Ice Beam from Shell Smash Blastoise, even after stealth rock damage, and then KO in return. Giga drain has a 50% chance to OHKO Stoise, while leaf storm is a sure thing if it hits. 341 speed still allows outspeeding positive base 105s like enemy zoroark.

:ss/diancie:
Diancie was chosen as the stealth rocker since Virizion has exploitable flying and fire weaknesses, which Diancie covers well. Diancie can switch into Talonflames freely and set up rocks or boost itself with diamond storm. Body press allows it to heavily dent opposition after a defense boost from Diamond storm. Finally Heal Bell is a great option for the team to relieve any member of status, while an alternative in Skill Swap allows yet another way to counter Vaporeon, stealing its water absorb and allowing it to heal you with scald. The speed investment allows outspeeding vaporeon as well as Guzzlord, who can be OHKO'd after a defense boost with 2+ def body press.

:ss/Togedemaru:
Togedemaru was selected as the wish passer and brings the added benefit of being an excellent rotom-mow check that stops volt switch in its tracks and allows a slow u-turn out to give you momentum. Its ability to wish and then U-turn is a great asset versus hard switching, as well spiky shield adds a way to scout things like flare blitz from talonflame as well as rack up chip damage on physical attackers. In the last slot, Iron Head can be chosen to greatly threaten Diancie, while Zing Zap is an option for opposing Blastoise and mono-Brave bird Braviary and Talonflame.

:ss/Mantine:
Mantine is chosen as both the main fighting check and defogger, synergizing well with Togedemaru. Defog, Roost and Scald are bread and butter. In the last slot there is some flexibility; Air slash allows you to not be walled by toxicroak and vileplume, while Toxic allows you to stall out Blastoise (bar flinch hax) and other threats also.

:ss/Zoroark:
Zoroark was chosen as a choice scarf user to give the team a powerful knock-off as well as open up some mind games with Virizion and Salazzle. Shout out to our Lab builder quziel for thinking of this creative choice. Knock-off is the main move to use alongside U-Turn, while Trick can be used to cripple fat opponents like Sylveon, Diancie and Vaporeon who you can lure in by disguising as Salazzle. Disguising as Virizion can lure in Talonflame or Mantine to take a knock-off, which can remove checks to Virizion and open up a potential wincon. In the last slot Sucker Punch could be helpful in a pinch against Blastoise or Choice scarf Celebi, while Low Kick is also an option for coverage. Adamant is preferred for the extra power, and with appropriate disgusing as Virizion, you can play around pokemon that may potentially outspeed you by baiting psychic attacks from pokemon like Choice scarf Celebi or +1 speed Starmie. Jolly can be used if you want to always outspeed Choice scarf celebi, at the cost of general damage increase from Adamant.

:ss/Salazzle:
Salazzle was chosen as the final pokemon, for a fast offensive threat that can also check Sylveon and Comfey who give Virizion a headache. Salazzle also gives Zoroark some great disguising opportunities that can give you an edge. Flamethrower and Sludge Wave are obligatory stabs, while Toxic from corrosion Finally knock-off is good for assisting with the Zoroark disguising as well as a solid utility move to chose when you anticipate that the opponent will be switching a check in that can get crippled by losing its item. Nasty plot is optionally a good pick to increase salazzle's ability to sweep.

I hope you enjoy the team and have some fun abusing Vaporeons!

Last edited:
Teambuilding lab has been kinda dead this month, so I am back again with another request. Vileplume is a mon that I used more back when Pangoro was around, but after those bans it kinda fell out of favor. Recently I've seen it used on the ladder and in a few NUPL games. I'm requesting either a balance or bulky offense with defensive vileplume. Can either be black sludge or itemless, doesn't really matter to me. Thanks in advance!
This one has been sitting around for a while because I hadn't been quite happy with the teams I'd made for it, but I'll just post all of them.

:vileplume: :palossand: :ferroseed: :ninjask: :scrafty: :heliolisk:
This one was a more fun one to do, but it has a ton of weaknesses because of that lol. You should try it out though, its a blast to play with.

:vileplume: :lanturn: :talonflame: :bronzong: :aerodactyl: :guzzlord:
Growth plume wincon, but ID BP Zong weak.

:vileplume: :golurk: :talonflame: :bronzong: :starmie: :guzzlord:
You can make Guzzlord AV here and make the Plume itemless, or could also do Aroma > Growth on Plume. This team is pretty nice, I like it but it does have Defog Talon as removal which is iffy.

:vileplume: :golurk: :talonflame: :bronzong: :starmie: :guzzlord:
Same mons, different wincon

:vileplume: :mantine: :escavalier: :xatu: :passimian: :talonflame:
This one I built recently and I've been liking, its a lot more defensive but you still have wincons in pass/tflame.
I'd like to request a spikes team that has a Sub Bulk Up Bravairy. I'd also want a Scarf Mowtom or Heliolisk on it.
https://pokepast.es/b0299739ef948a16
https://pokepast.es/c5802f8f14ead7ec

This was already done but I built these before I realized sorry.

Edit: This is actually a different request and wanted spikes, so here's a more accurate team.
:braviary: :garbodor: :rotom-mow: :bronzong: :starmie: :diancie:
This team uses Starmie to absorb status and break, while Bronzong and Braviary can force very bad end game situations when brought in on the right Pokemon. Rotom-Mow can help get pivots into these Pokemon, and Garbodor checks Fighting-types and sets Spikes pretty well. Diancie is there because its broken. Feel free to use Helio > Rotom-Mow for a better Blastoise matchup, or Colbur > Lefties on Zong.​

Last edited:

Danny

ZU Circuit Champion
@

Decidueye @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Poltergeist
- U-turn
- Spirit Shackle
Hola Yourwelcomethanku this is a fun core that I really enjoyed building around. I was personally glad you wanted Decidueye with Spirit Shackle as I was kind of keen on trying Decid+Spikes but the nature of those teams tend to lean towards forcing items off and that isn’t conducive to the standard CB Poltergeist spammer decid usually is. So I’ve built you three teams with this core, two of which are extremely similar the third is a bit different. Hope you enjoy!

:Decidueye: :talonflame: :vaporeon: :mudsdale: :escavalier: :garbodor:
Started with the request and immediately wanted to go with a fwg core, and the best defensive water atm was vape so it was an obvious choice. To continue the defensive backbone I added a solid physical wall and rocker in mudsdale. Wanted a knock off spammer and a way to additionally pressure opposing talonflame so I though escavalier would be a cool choice. Finally I wanted a more reliable Sirfetch’d answer and a way to force up hazards on the opponent’s side of the field so I went with Garbodor. Pretty straightforward team, a little Exploud weak but proper scouting with Vaporeon/Escavalier should be able to manage it.

:Decidueye: :talonflame: :vaporeon: :mudsdale: :Copperajah: :Sylveon:
This one is pretty similar just foregoing the spikestack for a stronger offensive presence with Polter from Decid. Much less Sub BU Braviary weak, and also has a bit of a better mu into Exploud.

:Decidueye: :talonflame: :starmie: :diancie: :Silvally steel: :passimian:
This one is here as a bonus, much more offensive team, went with the core but this time opted out of a defensive water type for an immediately threatening breaker of Starmie. SR Diancie gives you a solid backbone to rely on, and gives a few choices in moveslots. If you don’t want to bother with wasting a turn on Heal Bell, or if you really want fairy coverage for the dark/fighting types, you can opt for Moonblast over Heal Bell, and Natural Cure Starmie as the status absorber. Went with Silvally Steel to bring in Decid/Starmie on Bronzongs or other passive walls. Passimian gives you speed control and a way to rkill threats. This team is much more Blastoise weak, so if you like you can run max hp decid(kinda wacky but might be necessary) or Tbolt over Flamethrower on Silvally Steel.

You might notice the fact that all of my Decidueye have Shadow Sneak. That is because I value the priority over the extra damage of Poltergeist or the ability to hit no item pokemon. For all of these teams, Poltergeist is very easily slotted over one of the two ghost STABS, depending on how you see fit.These teams are really customizable in moveset, these are just the sets I liked during testing but you may have a different experience so feel free to mess w them. Hope you enjoy the teams!

Last edited:
@

Hola Yourwelcomethanku this is a fun core that I really enjoyed building around. I was personally glad you wanted Decidueye with Spirit Shackle as I was kind of keen on trying Decid+Spikes but the nature of those teams tend to lean towards forcing items off and that isn’t conducive to the standard CB Poltergeist spammer decid usually is. So I’ve built you three teams with this core, two of which are extremely similar the third is a bit different. Hope you enjoy!

:Decidueye: :talonflame: :vaporeon: :mudsdale: :escavalier: :garbodor:
Started with the request and immediately wanted to go with a fwg core, and the best defensive water atm was vape so it was an obvious choice. To continue the defensive backbone I added a solid physical wall and rocker in mudsdale. Wanted a knock off spammer and a way to additionally pressure opposing talonflame so I though escavalier would be a cool choice. Finally I wanted a more reliable Sirfetch’d answer and a way to force up hazards on the opponent’s side of the field so I went with Garbodor. Pretty straightforward team, a little Exploud weak but proper scouting with Vaporeon/Escavalier should be able to manage it.

:Decidueye: :talonflame: :vaporeon: :mudsdale: :Copperajah: :Sylveon:
This one is pretty similar just foregoing the spikestack for a stronger offensive presence with Polter from Decid. Much less Sub BU Braviary weak, and also has a bit of a better mu into Exploud.

:Decidueye: :talonflame: :starmie: :diancie: :Silvally steel: :passimian:
This one is here as a bonus, much more offensive team, went with the core but this time opted out of a defensive water type for an immediately threatening breaker of Starmie. SR Diancie gives you a solid backbone to rely on, and gives a few choices in moveslots. If you don’t want to bother with wasting a turn on Heal Bell, or if you really want fairy coverage for the dark/fighting types, you can opt for Moonblast over Heal Bell, and Natural Cure Starmie as the status absorber. Went with Silvally Steel to he’ll bring in Decid/Starmie on Bronzongs or other passive walls. Passimian gives you speed control and a way to rkill threats. This team is much more Blastoise weak, so if you like you can run max hp decid(kinda wacky but might be necessary) or Tbolt over Flamethrower on Silvally Steel.

You might notice the fact that all of my Decidueye have Shadow Sneak. That is because I value the priority over the extra damage of Poltergeist or the ability to hit no item pokemon. For all of these teams, Poltergeist isvery easily slotted over one of the two ghost STABS, depending on how you see fit.These teams are really customizable in moveset, these are just the sets I liked during testing but you may have a different experience so feel free to mess w them. Hope you enjoy the teams!
Thank you very very much daniYSB for more then one team wow. have been wanting to play more NU I think ill try these out in the upcoming swiss tournament if I can :)

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hi scorbunnys ! When looking at your request we initially thought of Toxicroak, however that is not super creative since toxicroak is a very common Vaporeon abuser.

Instead we decided to get creative and opted for Calm Mind Virizion! Shout out to our Lab builder Corthius for this idea. This virizion doesn't mind being burned by scald and can set up on Vaporeon easily and lay the hurt on the rest of the opposition.

Here is the team (click image):
View attachment 358385

:ss/virizion:
Virizion is here as the main vapo abuser that can set up and take down enemy teams. Giga drain is a great stab move that can keep Virizion healthy after boosting, however Leaf storm is an option for immediate power. Focus blast is a heavy hitting stab move. Air slash is necessary to threaten vileplume as well as rack up some chip on Talonflames that switch in. The spread allows Virizion to survive a 2+ Ice Beam from Shell Smash Blastoise, even after stealth rock damage, and then KO in return. Giga drain has a 50% chance to OHKO Stoise, while leaf storm is a sure thing if it hits. 341 speed still allows outspeeding positive base 105s like enemy zoroark.

:ss/diancie:
Diancie was chosen as the stealth rocker since Virizion has exploitable flying and fire weaknesses, which Diancie covers well. Diancie can switch into Talonflames freely and set up rocks or boost itself with diamond storm. Body press allows it to heavily dent opposition after a defense boost from Diamond storm. Finally Heal Bell is a great option for the team to relieve any member of status, while an alternative in Skill Swap allows yet another way to counter Vaporeon, stealing its water absorb and allowing it to heal you with scald. The speed investment allows outspeeding vaporeon as well as Guzzlord, who can be OHKO'd after a defense boost with 2+ def body press.

:ss/Togedemaru:
Togedemaru was selected as the wish passer and brings the added benefit of being an excellent rotom-mow check that stops volt switch in its tracks and allows a slow u-turn out to give you momentum. Its ability to wish and then U-turn is a great asset versus hard switching, as well spiky shield adds a way to scout things like flare blitz from talonflame as well as rack up chip damage on physical attackers. In the last slot, Iron Head can be chosen to greatly threaten Diancie, while Zing Zap is an option for opposing Blastoise and mono-Brave bird Braviary and Talonflame.

:ss/Mantine:
Mantine is chosen as both the main fighting check and defogger, synergizing well with Togedemaru. Defog, Roost and Scald are bread and butter. In the last slot there is some flexibility; Air slash allows you to not be walled by toxicroak and vileplume, while Toxic allows you to stall out Blastoise (bar flinch hax) and other threats also.

:ss/Zoroark:
Zoroark was chosen as a choice scarf user to give the team a powerful knock-off as well as open up some mind games with Virizion and Salazzle. Shout out to our Lab builder quziel for thinking of this creative choice. Knock-off is the main move to use alongside U-Turn, while Trick can be used to cripple fat opponents like Sylveon, Diancie and Vaporeon who you can lure in by disguising as Salazzle. Disguising as Virizion can lure in Talonflame or Mantine to take a knock-off, which can remove checks to Virizion and open up a potential wincon. In the last slot Sucker Punch could be helpful in a pinch against Blastoise or Choice scarf Celebi, while Low Kick is also an option for coverage. Adamant is preferred for the extra power, and with appropriate disgusing as Virizion, you can play around pokemon that may potentially outspeed you by baiting psychic attacks from pokemon like Choice scarf Celebi or +1 speed Starmie. Jolly can be used if you want to always outspeed Choice scarf celebi, at the cost of general damage increase from Adamant.

:ss/Salazzle:
Salazzle was chosen as the final pokemon, for a fast offensive threat that can also check Sylveon and Comfey who give Virizion a headache. Salazzle also gives Zoroark some great disguising opportunities that can give you an edge. Flamethrower and Sludge Wave are obligatory stabs, while Toxic from corrosion Finally knock-off is good for assisting with the Zoroark disguising as well as a solid utility move to chose when you anticipate that the opponent will be switching a check in that can get crippled by losing its item. Nasty plot is optionally a good pick to increase salazzle's ability to sweep.

I hope you enjoy the team and have some fun abusing Vaporeons!
Thank u!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)