Project SS NU Personal Viability Rankings Discussion

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
approved by Rabia and Meri Berry , OP adapted from etern

Personal NU VR Discussion

:talonflame: :diancie: :copperajah: :rotom-mow: :goodra: :silvally-ground: :dragalge: :escavalier: :mudsdale: :sylveon: :vileplume: :xatu: :guzzlord:

Due to subjectivity with tiering, people will have differing opinions on where Pokemon land on the viability rankings. In lower tiers, new meta trends can shape how the tier is played and how Pokemon are viewed as new, viable threats, or as strictly flavor-of-the-month Pokemon. In teambuilding, each person has an individual view on how certain Pokemon blend into the meta and carve niches for themselves in a dynamically shifting metagame. With this thread, Everyone can share their own personal viability rankings and provide some insight into their thought processes on where you think the Pokemon should fall.

Rules:

1. No shitposting :) I've linked a post from Rabia and one from Lunala from the SM edition to show an example of good posts
  2. If placements are obvious, comments do not need to be made on those Pokemon
  3. Feel free to rank the Pokemon as you'd like, as long as the system is comprehensible and we can understand how your system works
  4. If the rankings are massive, use hidetags

S rank:
:Goodra: Goodra - This is absolutely the best pokemon in the tier rn, insane coverage and special bulk
:Diancie: Diancie - Utility all round, defensive check to a lot of stuff, offensive sets are getting better by the day

S- rank:
:Talonflame: - Splashable mon, fastest non scarfer, utility and offense. Don't think it's as good as it used to be so dropping to S-
:Vileplume: - I've already stated my thoughts on this mon countless times

A+ rank:
:Rotom-mow: - Best scarfer in the tier, does not deserve the current S- rank it has imo.
:Escavalier:
:Dragalge:
:Xatu:
:Silvally: Ground - Not as broken in my eyes as others think it is
:Mudsdale:
:Vaporeon: - yoyo.exe

A rank:
:Sylveon:
:Guzzlord:
:Salazzle:
:Passimian:
:Copperajah:

A- rank:
:Starmie:
:Golurk:
:Blastoise:
:Drapion:
:Exploud:
:Tauros:

B+ rank:
:Machamp: - Try it out and you'll understand why
:Decidueye:
:Heliolisk:
:Vanilluxe:
:Duraludon:
:Snorlax: - Awkward to use but very consistent Goodra switchin
:Toxicroak:

B rank:
:Sirfetch - Worst out of the three fightings
:Braviary: - Despises diancie meta
:Garbodor:
:Quagsire:
:Tsareena:
:Aerodactyl: - Not as a lead, but as an offensive mon with band/setup
:Indeedee-F:
:Inteleon:

B- rank:
:Mantine: - kinda bad
:Doublade:
:Rhydon:
:Scrafty:
:Tyrantrum:
:Weezing:
:Dhelmise:
:Araquanid:

Everything else excluding RK9

S Tier
Pokemon in this rank fill all of the main criteria and then some with a strong proficiency in one or more of the positive traits. If a Pokemon in this rank has any downsides, they are usually tame or eclipsed by their obvious assets.

S Rank
Talonflame
Diancie

S- Rank
Rotom-C

A Tier
Pokemon in this rank may fill the majority or all of the positive criteria. These Pokemon may have one major or a handful of minor negative characteristics that could set them back.

A+ Rank
Copperajah
Dragalge
Goodra
Mudsdale
Silvally-Ground
Sylveon
Vileplume

A Rank
Escavalier
Guzzlord
Passimian
Salazzle
Starmie
Vaporeon
Xatu

A- Rank
Blastoise
Drapion
Exploud
Heliolisk
Sirfetch'd
Tauros

B Tier
Pokemon in this rank do an alright job fulfilling criteria, albeit not as convincingly. These Pokemon will have some issues you should be accounting for while building your team.

B+ Rank
Braviary
Decidueye
Garbodor
Golurk
Mantine
Rhydon
Vanilluxe

B Rank
Dhelmise
680 (1).png
Doublade
Machamp
Snorlax
Toxicroak
Tsareena
Tyrantrum

B- Rank
Araquanid
Duraludon
Froslass
Kingdra
Scrafty
Weezing
Quagsire

C Tier
Pokemon in this rank do a mediocre job at filling criteria. The sizable amount of negative characteristics associated with these Pokemon are something to weigh against their positives before you fit one on a team.

C+ Rank
Aerodactyl
Arcanine
Comfey
Druddigon
Ferroseed
Indeedee-F
Ninjask
Stunfisk-Galar
Togedemaru

C Rank
Gigalith
Glastrier
Inteleon
Lycanroc
Sandslash
Silvally-Steel
Sneasel
Turtonator

- Rotom-C is still an S- mon for me. Even with the rise of things such as Silvally-Ground and Goodra etc it's still a crazy pivot that can support the many scary breakers in the tier. Super splashable, good utility, and can still act as a potent NP breaker.
- I find Xatu a bit harder to justify in this current meta. Many of the rockers are able to threaten it with quite heavy damage and exploit its passivity and low bulk with the use of the many 'broken' special attackers that currently exist. I do not think it's A+ worthy, but it is still very good in creating mindgames favorable to it.
- Not been feeling Golurk lately to be honest. In the builder Golurk is quite annoying but in practice I've found.. no Golurk lol. It finds competition as a ground type breaker with Silvally, is quite slow, not that difficult to check, and does not appreciate the rise of Bronzong.
- I love Garbodor rn. It kinda checks all of the brokens by virtue of spikes/aftermath/helmet and appreciates lower Xatu usage + Bronzong being out of the picture.
- Raised Dhelmise for its ability to handle Silvally-Ground quite well while providing valuable hazard control support that's harder to come by nowadays.
- Dropped Tyrantrum and Toxicroak. Both are super awkward breakers to me, probably underused/explored and could be raised in the future but haven't been super impressed by either.
- I think sand is still a pretty viable playstyle which is why i ranked it still

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
S
:Diancie: Diancie
:Talonflame: Talonflame - I feel that this mon may have dropped a little bit recently. However, I think its offensive sets have been a lot more usable, which keeps it in my S tier.

S-
:Goodra: Goodra - Strong wallbreaker, you know why it's here.
:Silvally: Silvally-Ground - Very strong and hard to check right now. Checking it with a Grass-type doesn't always work as they're really passive and get U-turned on. Overall, this monster is one of the best.

A+
:Dragalge: Dragalge
:Mudsdale: Mudsdale
:Rotom-Mow: Rotom-C - I've personally never understood all of the hype around this Pokemon. Sure, it's a great Scarfer, is great at pivoting and checking the Rock setters, but I've never seen it as an S or S- rank mon.
:Sylveon: Sylveon
:Vileplume: Vileplume
:Xatu: Xatu

A
:Copperajah: Copperajah - Read Escavalier
:Escavalier: Escavalier - I don't think that Escav is better than Copper or vice versa. They both have their flaws and they both are great right now.
:Exploud: Exploud - Funny button is funny.
:Guzzlord: Guzzlord - This mon doesn't feel as strong as it once was. It's still a great choice to put on a team, but you really don't need a Ghost check right now. With Goodra being where it is, Guzzlord gets dunked on.
:Passimian: Passimian - I think Passimian is the best Scarfer in the tier. Overall it can check a lot of Pokemon and can pivot more freely than Rotom-C can. It also doesn't have to worry about Goodra or Silvally-Ground resisting/being immune to its STABs.
:Salazzle: Salazzle
:Vaporeon: Vaporeon

A-
:Blastoise: Blastoise
:Golurk: Golurk - For whatever reason this Pokemon doesn't seem to fit in much anywhere. If you want a Ground-type breaker then use Silvally. Ghost STAB is still great, just harder to use with Vileplume's higher usage and sometimes being itemless.
:Sirfetchd: Sirfetch'd - Still a great Fighting-type, doesn't deserve to be below A- due to how strong it is.
:Starmie: Starmie - Similarly to Golurk, this Pokemon feels out of place. It isn't top tier, but isn't bad either. I can see arguments for it to stay in A because it can shut down Silvally-Ground and can do some good damage to Goodra.
:Tauros: Tauros
:Toxicroak: Toxicroak

B+
:Decidueye: Decidueye
:Drapion: Drapion - Drapion is too weak for the current meta, especially while having the same Speed stat as Silvally, which can lead to some unfortunate speedties.
:Heliolisk: Heliolisk
:Mantine: Mantine
:Snorlax: Snorlax - Great Sepcial wall for the time being. Choice Band sets are probably its best sets due to it hitting hard and being allowed to run 2 more moves than CurseLax can run.
:Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum - Still suffers from Mudsdale being in the tier.

B
:Aerodactyl: Aerodactyl - Without Bronzong,Aero definitely deserves a rise, maybe not this high. DD/Hone Claws sets work amazing as it can easily sweep late game.
:Braviary: Braviary
:Doublade: Doublade
:Dhelmise: Dhelmise - Does okay vs. Silvally-Ground.
:Froslass: Froslass
:Garbodor: Garbodor
:Quagsire: Quagsire
:Rhydon: Rhydon
:Scrafty: Scrafty
:Tsareena: Tsareena

B-
:Comfey: Comfey
:Duraludon: Duraludon
:Inteleon: Inteleon - Does well in current meta as a Crit sweeper. Being able to revenge kill a Silvally-Ground or Goodra is really nice.
:Machamp: Machamp - I know this mon should probably rise, I just haven't used it or seen it enough to give a valid reason as to why.
:Ninjask: Ninjask
:Stunfisk-Galar: Stunfisk-Galar - Anti-Goodra and Rotom-C, what else do I need to say?
:Uxie: Uxie - Great role compression, really bulky, nice speed tier.
:Weezing: Weezing
:Vanilluxe: Vanilluxe - Putting this in B- as it can still be a great breaker without the other hail mons relying on it.

C+
:Araquanid: Araquanid
:Arcanine: Arcanine
:Druddigon: Druddigon
:Gigalith: :Sandslash: :Lycanroc: Sand
:Indeedee-F: Indeedee-F
:Kingdra: Kingdra
:Palossand: Palossand
:Silvally: (steel) Silvally-Steel
:Tangela: Tangela

C
:Aggron: Aggron - Unique rocker, similar to Gunfisk, it can check Goodra, Exploud, and other Special breakers. Steel type is nice.
:Ferroseed: Ferroseed
:Glastrier: Glastier
:Omastar: Omastar
:Sneasel: Sneasel - Honestly, I want to build with this mon and can see it rising a little. It has great speed and after setting up can probably KO the two most relevant breakers in Goodra and G-Vally.
:Togedemaru: Togedemaru
:Turtonator: Turtonator

UR/D
:Sandslash-Alola: :Beartic: :Aurorous: Hail minus Vanilluxe
:Silvally: (Ghost) Silvally-Ghost

:Quagsire: Togkey VR :Quagsire:

S
:Copperajah: WE'RE BACK BABY

S-
:Sylveon: Specs is a mf demon without Zong in the tier and defensive sets are so customizable and bring so much support to the table
:Mudsdale: Honse
SilvallyGround.png

:talonflame:

A+
:diancie: I thought this guy would be broke but they just aren't, every dragon and normal has coverage for it and every ground and steel is popping off over zong leaving
:goodra: probably broken
:Rotom-Mow:
:Vaporeon:

A
:Salazzle:
:Vileplume:

A-
:Passimian:
:Machamp: Better than Sirfetch'd, doesn't care about status and is always strong with better bulk
:Sirfetchd: Relying on crits for damage sucks but the speed tier is nice and First Impression is broke
:Tsareena: powerful offensive Grass type with Knock Off to punish most/all Grass resists, also a great offensive Spinner with U-Turn or Synthesis

B+
:Dhelmise: Silvally Ground check with very good bulk and one of few hazard removers that doesn't feel worse just by running removal move
:Quagsire: Insanely good offense MU and role compression, also one of my favorite Pokemon so a little biased
:Rhydon: Indredibly bulky and strong Pokemon even if Eviolite gets removed, broken EdgeQuake STAB and one of few SR setters
:Scrafty: Kinda just wins at preview a lot bar crits unless the op has a fairy type
:Snorlax: Kinda just wins at preview a lot bar crits unless the op has a plume or phaser

B
:Aerodactyl: Loves Bronzong-less meta and has an amazing defensive typing and speed tier to pivot in and threaten a lot of the tier
:Aurorus: surprisingly bulky and powerful mon with a great movepool and can freely Rock up without worrying about Xatu or hazard removers
:Duraludon: unwallable strong af Dragon faster than Goodra and can also run SR
:Indeedee-F: amazing scarfer with utility in healing wish and trick with a very spammable and strong move and good speed tier too, very underrated
:Weezing: The Silvally-Ground check we need + sits on balance teams all day and helps punish volturn spam with Helmet

B-
:Froslass: Spikes are cool but they don't feel permanent bc Lass is so frail and weak, more annoying than good imo
:Kingdra:

C+
:Arcanine:
:Exeggutor-Alola: Literally what comes in on this + good defensive typing and stats
:Gigalith: sand sucks
:Glastrier:
:Ninjask:
:Omastar: discount Blastoise
:Palossand:
SilvallyGhost.png
every time someone says in tour discussion chat "If this is Silvally-Ghost it wins", it makes me think..
SilvallySteel.png
Steel type with no item no recovery very dire but crazy good speed and bulk with pivoting move and deep movepool is blessed
:Stunfisk-Galar:
:Tangela: RW coping rn
:Togedemaru:

C
:Ferroseed:
:Lycanroc: sand sucks 2
:Sandslash: sand sucks 3
:Sneasel:
:Turtonator:
:Uxie: CM on terrain is broken af, SR sets are cool too this thing has Cresselia level bulk

Last edited:
SS NU Ranking Tier List

S Rank:

S Rank

Talonflame

S- Rank

Goodra

Silvally-Ground

Rotom-C

A Rank:

A+ Rank

Copperajah -Unlike escavalier he doesn't fear much fire coverage from goodra and exploud,which make it easier to fit on teams ,no need heat crash anymore on av sets

Dragalge

Escavalier

Guzzlord

Mudsdale

Sylveon

Vileplume

Xatu

A Rank

Copperajah

Exploud - Benefit from bronzong departure like goodra but way less defensive utility and no bulk.

Golurk

Salazzle

Starmie

Vaporeon

A- Rank

Diancie - 2022 just started and Stealth rock diancie already compete for the 1st scam of the year.Everyone and their homies running steels moves (iron tail goodra,iron head tauros,braviary,hydro pump exploud,heavy slam snorlax/guzzlord,steel wing talonflame on SD variants) and low base hp means this dude checks nothing bar salazzle and that's all.No way this stands S rank with talon.
Even nusd usage stats prove it with wr under 50% in most weeks.
Specs,cm and meteor beam are all decent with zong departure and deserves more exploration.

Blastoise

Passimian

Sirfetch'd

Tauros

Snorlax

Tsareena -Mid fast spinner easy to fit on teams and make easy progress through knock+u-turn

Dhelmise - One of the best options to offensively check groundvally.Does decent stuff vs copper rising

B Rank:

B+ Rank

Braviary

Toxicroak - Does everything or nothing.Also sucks vs groundvally and easy to play around since it's super weak before boosts .

Drapion - Hindered by groundvally meta :(

Decidueye

Mantine

Tyrantrum

Vanilluxe

B Rank

Heliolisk - Great vs offenses otherwise use mowtom

Doublade

Duraludon - Almost impossible to switch on,can freely run body press,stealth rocks over dark pulse rn (or second dragon stab on specs)

Machamp - Useful status absorber,less prediction reliant than sirfetch'd

Froslass

Garbodor

Quagsire

Rhydon

Scrafty

Weezing

B- Rank

Araquanid

Silvally-Ghost - The best vally if groundvally didn't existed.Only one good dark , braviary decreasing in usages rn.Yeah this mon does good stuff just undershadowed by groundvally

Kingdra

C Rank:

C+ Rank

Arcanine

Druddigon

Gigalith

Indeedee-F

Inteleon

Ninjask

Omastar

Sandslash

Stunfisk-Galar

Tangela

Togedemaru

C Rank

Lycanroc

Silvally-Steel

Sneasel

Turtonator

Uxie

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I have a take
S
:Diancie: Diancie

S-
:Goodra: Goodra
:Talonflame: Talonflame
:Rotom-Mow: Rotom-C

A+
:Dragalge: Dragalge
:Guzzlord: Guzzlord
:Mudsdale: Mudsdale
:Silvally: Silvally-Ground
:Sylveon: Sylveon
:Vileplume: Vileplume
:Xatu: Xatu

A
:Copperajah: Copperajah
:Escavalier: Escavalier
:Exploud: Exploud
:Golurk: Golurk
:Passimian: Passimian
:Salazzle: Salazzle
:Vaporeon: Vaporeon

A-
:Blastoise: Blastoise
:Sirfetchd: Sirfetch'd
:Snorlax: Snorlax
:Starmie: Starmie
:Tauros: Tauros
:Toxicroak: Toxicroak

B+
:Drapion: Drapion
:Heliolisk: Heliolisk
:Mantine: Mantine
:Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum

B
:Braviary: Braviary
:Decidueye: Decidueye
:Doublade: Doublade
:Dhelmise: Dhelmise
:Garbodor: Garbodor
:Machamp: Machamp
:Quagsire: Quagsire
:Scrafty: Scrafty
:Tsareena: Tsareena

B-
:Aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl
:Comfey: Comfey
:Duraludon: Duraludon
:Froslass: Froslass
:Inteleon: Inteleon
:Ninjask: Ninjask
:Rhydon: Rhydon
:Stunfisk-Galar: Stunfisk-Galar
:Weezing: Weezing
:Vanilluxe: Vanilluxe

C+
:Araquanid: Araquanid
:Arcanine: Arcanine
:Druddigon: Druddigon
:Ferroseed: Ferroseed
:Gigalith: Gigalith
:Indeedee-F: Indeedee-F
:Kingdra: Kingdra
:Lycanroc: Lycanroc
:Palossand: Palossand
:Sandslash: Sandslash
:Silvally: (steel) Silvally-Steel
:Sneasel: Sneasel
:Uxie: Uxie

C
:Aggron: Aggron
:Glastrier: Glastier
:Omastar: Omastar
:Tangela: Tangela
:Togedemaru: Togedemaru

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
S Rank:
S

:Goodra: The best wallbreaker in the tier who on top of that provides a ton of defensive utility.

S-
:Copperajah: COPPERBOLLOCKS
:Rotom-Mow: A broken pivot in a tier full of stupid breaker? This gotta be good.
:Silvally:(ground)
:Vileplume: Nothing switches in for free, even hard counter/checks like Dragalge and Salazzle have to fear Corrosive Gas or Sleep Powder. I'm really high on this pokemon.

A Rank:
A+

:Guzzlord: Lord Guzzington is still really good in my eyes. Choice Band Knock Off is the most spamable thing in the world.
:Mudsdale: This pokemon is the definition of fat.
:Sylveon: Well, Goodra is good so this is as well. Also Wish/clearic support is more important now that our defensive Steel types are back to relying on. it.
:Talonflame: Sorry to everyone, this is probably a result of me never playing too much with Talonflame sets other than defensive utility. (sometimes Bulk Up)
:Vaporeon: Pretty much the same as Sylveon. I like heavily special defensive Vaporeon a lot.

A
:Diancie:
:Exploud: Without Bronzong and Diancie's usage dropping, I feel like exploring this pokemon a bit more has its justification. Choice Specs feels a bit slow right now to me. Taunt Silk Scarf sounds interesting.
:Golurk: CB has no switchin and Colbur Berry is a cool rocker for bulky offense.
:Passimian: Second best Choice Scarf'er in the tier. Really consistent at what it does and Knock Off + U-turn is broken.
:Salazzle: While Bronzong rising made this pokemon lose one of its checks, the in return rising viablity of Goodra, Dragalge and Vaporeon.

A-

:Drapion: The best use of this is to knock Mudsdale for a teammate.
:machamp:
:Sirfetchd:
:Starmie: I like Choice Specs because it picks up more immediate OHKOs and I can trick something. Idk if Choice Scarf is any worth trying out.

B Rank:
B+

:Braviary: Probably worth using again with only Doublade and some Rock types being left that reliably 1v1 it.
:Duraludon: Offensively an amazing breaker that has limited switchins and acts as a check to some physical attacker like Talonflame, Tauros and Tyrantrum. Fits really well on offensive builds as a rocker. Its poor SpD leaves it very vulnerable to types you'd want your Dragon type to take on like Salazzle, Rotom-Mow and even Scalds from Vaporeon.
:Garbodor:I love defensive Poison types right now. Weezing and Garbodor are quite similar but with enough notable differences to fill different roles. Garbodor profits from Bronzong rising, as Poison + Ground coverage is a lot better now versus our common Steel types, and Xatu's usage (potentially) dropping it can set up Spikes more easily. One thing to note is that it really dislikes the rise in Silvally-Ground and Mudsdale.
:Indeedee-F:
:Quagsire: The amount of threats this pokemon covers in unmatched and I think more people should stop use/see this as a stall-only partner.
:Snorlax:
:Weezing: I love defensive Poison types right now. Weezing and Garbodor are quite similar but with enough notable differences to fill different roles. Weezing is amazing as it provides a great check to the rising Silvally-Ground as well as most other physical attacker like Passimian, Copperajah and Guzzlord thanks to its amazing bulk and utility moves.

B
:Aerodactyl:
Dragon Dance sets are very potent in my eyes or even Roost 3 attacks as a fast revengekiller. Not having to run Crunch and freely running Aqua Tail for Silvally Ground and Mudsdale is also nice.
:Froslass:
:Heliolisk: +Speed Earthquake Blastoise makes me cry.
:Tyrantrum: Another scary Rock type, just slower than Aerodactyl. Tyrantrum claims lifes 80% of the time. It is amazing into these slow bulky builds but those teams aren't great in my opinion rn anyway. DD on HO is still terrifying to face.
:Vanilluxe: Strong breaker that fishes for not facing Escavalier; I can respect it.
:Silvally:(ghost) Probably the second most viable Silvally form. I've seen some fun adaptations to its movepool,for
:Silvally:(dragon) This is for sure a hot take, but from my experience, this pokemon is amazing. +2 Multi-Attack nukes almost every neutral target, while Flame Charge and Iron Head give it perfect coverage. I feel like Silvally-Dragon excels as a sweeper, rather than a pivot with U-turn like its Ground type cousin. A big thing for me is also that it is the fastest 'viable' Dragon type and revenges all other Dragons besides Duraludon reliably. As a bonus, unlike Silvally-Ground, Silvally-Dragon has a lot of surprise factor to it as no one really expects a different form.

B-
:Aurorus:
:Comfey:
:Mantine:

C Rank:
C+

:Gigalith: This probably deserves more exploration/usage as well. Pretty good special sponge and is similar to Mudsdale not just a passive sitting duck waiting for Toxic damage to rack up.
:Lycanroc:
:Sandslash:

C
:Druddigon:
:Omastar:
:Palossand:

:Tangela: TANGOD
:Stunfisk_Galar:
:Uxie:

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
S Rank:

S Rank

:goodra: - Goodra's insane combo of offensive and defensive prowess combined with how splashable I think it is put it into S easy. Suspect please :)

S- Rank
:talonflame: - Just doesn't feel as good as before. Still very splashable pivot with broken ability.
:rotom-mow: - NP, Defog, Scarf, whatever. This Pokemon is very nice in the meta with an unblockable Volt with any set.
:Copperajah: - BIGGGG Copper
:Mudsdale: - S/O the Gen8 NU goat honse.

SilvallyGround.png
- G Vally is nuts. Enough said

A Rank

A+ Rank

:Sylveon: - Cleric+good special wall go a long way right now, and Specs/CM sets push it over the top of the meta
:Vileplume: - SO good, but I can't consciously put it into S- or on yet until Goodra goes. When it does, expect this to be broke.
:Vaporeon: - THE anti cheese Pokemon and it holds together many a core in the tier. Always been a Vap fan, and still am.

A Rank
:dragalge: - Good mon, but always makes teams feel very slow and awkward in my experience. I think the future meta will be very kind to this if Goodra goes.
:xatu: - A bit worse in this meta, but not as bad as I expected as Magic Bounce is ofc why it's here. Without that ability, Xatu is ZU. It needs people to experiment with new sets.
:salazzle: - I think this Pokemon is amazing right now, despite a bunch of the meta development against it. More Plume and Sylv on top of its already great qualities make this a very potent threat.
:Blastoise: - Fuck this Pokemon
:guzzlord: - It's seen some better days, but Knock is super spammable with Guzz, it has a whole slew of resistances, and Choiced of any kind is very nice. Mixed lowkey is the tech if Weezing ever sees a ton of use, or for Plume.

A- Rank
:diancie: - Elias put it perfectly when he calls this a scam. I haven't been high on this Pokemon for a while. It's a Fairy that loses to every single Dragon in the tier, a Rock that loses to Normal types in Tauros or random Brav, Plume and G Vally (with other trends) are way better in this meta, etc. Often feels like it takes a lot more support than you expect and it can't act as the pseudo Steel people think it is. Not a fan at all, but offensive needs more exploration.
:escavalier: - Knock+Toxic+SD are obviously good, but in a meta where Goodra exists and AV Copper is almost always the better Steel, I don't like it. Oh, and Hail is gone now. Not being Ground/Fighting weak is notable.
:golurk: - Kinda meh right now. It was always weird to build with, but now G Vally outclasses it as a Ground breaker. RP sets are very cool if you make it work.
:passimian: - Consistency is king.
:Sirfetchd: - The Duck Knight has fallen off. It's still probably broken, but FI is less important in a slower meta and most teams pack offensive and defensive checks of sorts. Don't get me wrong, this Pokemon is still insane.
:Tauros: - It's always better when it's played against me.
:toxicroak: - Still very very very good, but has fallen off a bit with G Vally/Muds/Talon etc getting more use and the limited set up opportunities outside of Vap. AoA is cool, except you end up losing to Vaporeon in the long run. Oh, never use Scarf either ty.
:snorlax: - Super super good in the meta. Goodra+Lazzle answer and Curse sets are very menacing. This can honestly rise to A in the upcoming weeks.
:starmie: - Good ass breaker if you can get it to work.

B+ Rank
:drapion: - Idk this Pokemon Knocks Muds, but it's a G Vally meta, too. If only it had more than 90 atk...
:exploud: - It's really mid right now. I have liked the Scarf set Corthius used a lot (outspeeds talon!) and it should see more use.
:decidueye: - Honestly an awesome Pokemon from its design to its many offensive sets. Decid is also an underrated Defogger and it beats G Vally
:vanilluxe: - Very good breaker, but awkward and forces certain builds. 100% worth abusing though.
:Garbodor: - It might be literal garbage, but it's far from it in NU. Very solid fight answer, Guzz answer, Sylv answer, Spiker, etc.
:quagsire: - Quag is SO good. Lazzle, Stoise, and G Vally answer in one. Very much more than just a stall Pokemon.
:rhydon: - Nice offensive rocker and Salazzle answer. Reliance on Eviolite and no passive recovery does hold it back a bit.
:scrafty: - If there's no Sylveon or Vileplume, say gg.
:Machamp: - Impossible to switch into, but has felt too susceptible to random chip when I used it.
:indeedee-f: - Underrated Scarfer/Specs user who appreciates Zong gone like nothing else.
:tyrantrum: - Yes Mudsdale and G Vally are all over the meta, but Scarf, CB, and set up sets are all very nice.

B Rank
:heliolisk: - The definition of mediocre, but hey it's fast.
:doublade: - I would rate this lower, but I just got beat by a SD Facade set that I thought was fascinating. No SpDef or recovery makes running Doublade hard to justify without heavy support.
:Froslass: - Cool Spiker
:Dhelmise: - I don't like Dhelmise at all, but beating G Vally is always a niche in this meta.
:Duraludon: Feels like a worse Goodra to me. It REALLY hates having no SpDef.
:Weezing: - It's a very good Pokemon in the current meta, but has some noticeable flaws.
:stunfisk-galar: - Just good compression like always.
:Aerodactyl: - This is on the come up, but I'm not totally convinced.
:braviary: - Sub BU sets are lowkey insane again, but it needs to see use before I can raise it up again.
:tsareena: - Nice spinner and Talon Knocker, but if it could beat G Vally too it would be better. Sadly, unlike Dhelm/Decid, U-Turn chunks. Also has a bit of 4MSS.

B- Rank
:mantine: - Mantine is terrible. Abysmal Defogger, weak af, bad Fight switch in, loses to any SpA running electric coverage (think Goodra or LO Starmie). A bulky water that doesn't let Toxicroak set up is nice, but the amount of support it takes is almost never worth. I often scrap teams that rely on Mantine.
:araquanid: - Often feels like deadweight outside of the Vaporeon MU. Webs are bad in this meta, too.
:comfey: - I hate how bad this Pokemon is until it faces me. Leech+CM is very usable.
:Kingdra: - Who remembers when this Pokemon was broken? Weird
:Arcanine: - It beats Copper!
:gigalith: - I think Sand is super unexplored and this Pokemon is solid on its own.
:tangela: - This isn't terrible at all. G Vally answer and Knock? Very nice.
:lycanroc: - Sand moment. But also, Accelerock, CC, and the great speed tier make this a viable CB/LO user.
:silvally: - Ghostvally must have potential, right?
:exeggutor-alola: - Rise above the haters and give it a try.
C Rank:

C+ Rank

:Aurorus: - I'm open to seeing more of this Pokemon.
:inteleon: - I thought this Pokemon was really cool until I used it. You almost never force progress.
:omastar: - It's a very budget Stoise.
:palossand: - It had its moment to shine, but that isn't right now.
:sandslash: - I'm calling it now: Ho3n breaks sand next.
:togedemaru: - Toge is a Pokemon you run if you want to lose.
:ferroseed: - Takes heavy support, but it's usable. It's hard in a Goodra meta.
:silvally: - Steelvally is mid, but compression.
:sneasel: - Fast Ice Type is always nice.
:Turtonator: - No Heatproof Zong? Hello Turtonator
C Rank
:druddigon: - Why use it right now? Very niche rocker.
:glastrier: - Asstrier sucks.
:ninjask: - I miss the meta where this Pokemon needed to be banned.
:Uxie: - Meh it's fine.

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
S:

Goodra - Already explained above, but yeah this mon just clicks buttons.

S-:

Rotom-C - This is probably the best pivot in the meta, since unblockable Volt Switch is rly nice. Plus it also supports all the wallbreakers since it gets them for free.
Silvally-Ground - Suspect this pls and ty.
Talonflame - Echoing what Pokeslice said, it has gotten worse but it's still a quite solid mon due to it's quite good utility, just meta trends doesn't favor it at all right now.

A+:

Copperajah With Zong's departure, it has risen up as the best Steel-type due to its good bulk and it's phenomenal coverage.
Mudsdale - Top PhysDef wall able to check lots of PhysAttackers and can be a Volt blocker so it forces Mowtom to Leaf Storm (which is quite abusable tbh).
Sylveon - Offensive sets are no longer forced to run Shadow Ball, so now they kinda just break through everything, plus something like CM Snore sounds quite hot right now and Wish SpD is at its peak with Goodra being so common.
Vaporeon - This Water-type siren kinda just glues up the whole meta game due to its good bulk and typing allowing to take on a good part of the metagame while also pairing quite well with a bunch of stuff.
Vileplume - This thing is a quite cool PhysDef wall able to check Groundvally, Passimian, Tsareena and it also checks Mowtom, plus Strength Sap + Sludge Bomb is damn annoying to face and kinda just annoys all it's non-Steel type counterplay (even Goodra gets poisoned even though is generally a good check).

A:

Blastoise - Shell Smash + Dark Pulse flinches go brrrr.
Dragalge - It competes with Vileplume as a Poison-type and with Goodra as a Dragon-type, but Flip Turn + Draco Meteor + Sludge Bomb kinda just tears apart unprepared teams and checking Salazzle is also honestly quite nice atm.
Escavalier - Worse than Copperajah since it doesn't reliably check fairies and dragons, but Knock Off is busted af and I think it deserves more exploration.
Guzzlord - It's outclassed by Goodra as a Dragon-type, but Knock Off gives it a niche since as I said above it's a damn good move and it even can use techs like Heavy Slam or Draco Meteor to beat out it's checks.
Passimian - Elite Scarf user due to it's KnockTurn access and Stone Edge helps it to revenge kill stuff like Talonflame, plus LO/CB should be explored since KnockTurn + CC is damn good and with coverage like Gunk Shot/Stone Edge kinda just breaks.
Salazzle - Hates Goodra domination but outside of that it kinda lacks checks, especially since now Zong is gone and so NP might shine more, especially since NP is quite flexible in last slot, so yeah it's still damn good.
Xatu - Already explained in other posts, good mon but has lost relevance with Bronzong's departure and the rise of other attackers.

A-

Decidueye - Not as good as back in Zong's meta, but checking Groundvally is really nice right now and it's still a cool wallbreakers able to muscle past through common defensive staples like Mudsdale and Vaporeon.
Dhelmise - Rapid Spin + Groundvally & Mowtom check that has reliable recovery feels rly nice right now and it's kinda annoying to switch into, especially with teams dropping Guzzlord, tho again, it lost some value with Bronzong's departure.
Diancie - I just don't like this mon at all tbf, like Pokeslice said above it's just a fake Fairy (doesn't check Dragons nor Fightings) and a fake Rock (doesn't check Normals), plus it's also a momentum sap sometimes and it has no recovery. Still, Offensive sets are kinda cracked and Defensive is okay since BP + DStorm hits hard and Heal Bell + SR is good utility.
Exploud - Feels like worse Goodra sometimes, but I think it has some merit over it since it's even harder to switch into and Ghost immunity is still appreciated with Dhelmise on the rise.
Snorlax - Curse SpD sets are quite nice with Goodra being so good and Assault Vest could probably be explored with, plus Choice Band sounds quite funny since its like slower-but-bulkier Tauros, though you're better off running Curse honestly.
Starmie - Hydro Pump goes brrr.
Tauros - Body Slam and coverage also goes brrr.
Tsareena - It's a pivot that can Spin, check Groundvally, check Mowtom and hits hard which is honestly damn nice right now, probably Pads should be explored with Talonflame being so prominent.

B+:

Braviary - SubBU is still nutty and probably deserves more exploration with more defensive spreads for those.
Drapion - This is the Groundvally meta fren, but being able to Knock Off it's checks is nice and probably Toxic Spikes is ok so idk.
Garbodor - Sylveon + Fighting check with pseudo-reliable recovery and Gunk Shot + Spikes so it sets Spikes and beats Xatu, yeah this is not garbage, or maybe yes?
Golurk - Poltergeist go brrrr.
Indeedee-F - Zong is gone, it can't hurt you anymore.
Machamp - Conkeldurr 2.0 puts in work against balance, since it's like nearly impossible to switch into and it breaks through common Fighting answers (Vileplume, Sylveon).
Quagsire - Stall staple for sure and feels really good in BO/Balance, since it checks Lazzle, Blastoise, non-Taunt BU Talonflame and Groundvally in one slot, not to mention that Haze is quite valuable with all the setup sweepers running rampant.
Rhydon - Doesn't feel that overreliant on Eviolite since it's still quite bulky and it checks some stuff like Lazzle and Talon while it also stomaches hits from Diancie, Drapion and Tauros.
Scrafty - Kinda hard to fit but like it fucks up structures that doesn't pack Vileplume/Comfey/Sylveon (it gets tech'd by Throat Chop btw).
Sirfetch'd - Competes with Machamp for the Fighting slot, but First Impression and CC Scrappy is still really nice, just clearly not what it was months ago.
Toxicroak - Kinda awkward atm since it has a quite middling Speed tier and hates Groundvally prominence.
Tyrantrum - Read Toxicroak.
Weezing - Good PhysDef wall able to check foes like Sirfetch'd and Groundvally or Machamp depending on which ability you're running, plus it also has nice utility in Toxic Spikes, Taunt and Will-O-Wisp.

B:

Aerodactyl
Doublade
Froslass
Heliolisk
Stunfisk-Galar
Vanilluxe

B-:

Arcanine
Comfey
Duraludon
Ferroseed
Inteleon
Kingdra
Mantine
Sneasel
Togedemaru

C+:

Araquanid
Aurorus
Exeggutor-Alola
Gigalith
Lycanroc
Omastar
Palossand
Sandslash
Silvally-Ghost
Tangela
Turtonator

C:

Druddigon
Glastrier
Jellicent
Ninjask
Pincurchin
Raichu-Alola
Sceptile
Silvally-Steel
Uxie

Will explain the others tomorrow.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, I'd like to revive this since there are some unique points to be made that aren't solely related to the Voltturn meta. Depending on when the VR update is and what will shift in it I may eventually post some of these changes over there. Everything is in order of best to worst in the subranks as well.

S
:Rotom-mow: The only Pokemon as splashable as a Magikarp. Not much to say other than it being a great mon with good utility.

S-
:Mudsdale: The premier Ground-type, one of the best Stealth Rock setters, nothing has changed with this horse in a while.
:Stakataka: The best Steel-type IMO. Great rocker that shits on the Fairies and Psychic types as well as having a great typing vs. other breakers.
:Silvally: :Ground-Memory: Arguably a broken Pokemon. Silvally is what allows Voltturn to be where it is. Splashable, good breaker, great pivot. Arguments can be made for this to be A+ instead.

A+
:Talonflame: T'is been a long time since Talon has seen the wraths of the A ranks. While still a great pivot, Talon relies on switching into Fighting-type breakers, but it can't do that when Machamp is the best of them. Burn isn't as valuable anymore because of that. Rotom is freely able to Volt on it, which isn't ideal for the Talon user. Still a fantastic Pokemon nonetheless.
:Vileplume: The demonic flower can 6-0 teams on its own. Infestation + Leech Seed sets are really great at punishing Copper, Machamp, etc. It beats Rotom and Silvally, which is a huge plus.
:Machamp: Facade is a funny button.
:Copperajah: The second best Steel-type. Good breaker, suffers from metagame trends such as Silvally and Machamp. Still a good Rocker and even better Special Wall.
:Sylveon: Demon Fairy dog has 2 sets, the usual defensive set that eats every move you make, and the scarier Specs set which you are never prepared to fight.
:Vaporeon: Not much to say other than a good wall and cleric.

A
:Escavalier: Escav doesn't feel as great anymore. Eggy-A and Drampa can both beat it. It still does well vs. Indeedee and Blastoise.
:Tsareena: Queen #1 does great vs. Voltturn and is an amazing Spinner.
:Salazzle: Queen #2 is still a great sweeper, but something feels off about it right now, not too sure what it is.
:Diancie: Queen #3 really fell from Grace. Decent Rocker, good typing, nothing too bad about it. Rock Polish / Calm Mind sets are fun.
:Indeedee-F: Queen #4 says Expanding Force is funny. Can be easy to abuse due to everyone and their lords running Protect.
:Snorlax: Thick mon, thicker stats, Curse sets go brrr.
:Blastoise: I am still a firm believer of Stoise being A because of how it can set up once and can almost always guarantee a couple of KOs.

A-
:Exeggutor-alola: Funny buttons do funny things.
:xatu: Xatu just isn't great anymore. Most hazard setters have ways of beating it, and if they don't then they have a teammate that can OHKO it.
:Weezing: Great Physical wall. Fun vs. Vileplume.
:Heliolisk: Helio has been underranked for a while, it can do a lot of work.

B+
:Scrafty: If you don't have Sylveon you auto-lose.
:Mantine: Underrated just like Heliolisk, but does struggle a little.
:Aerodactyl: Suffers a lot from Mudsdale, Shuca Drapion, Silvally, and the 2 Scarfers.
:Sirfetch

B
:Gastrodon: I haven't used Gastro much, so B may be too low for it. Good as a Ground-type and Water-type, can abuse Vapo.
:Virizion: I've advocated this for so long now. Virizion does so much against the common defensive Pokemon and Voltturn. It's only big weaknesses are Vileplume and Weezing, and often times Sylveon if you haven't already set up.
:Passimian: Pass isn't great in current times. It suffers from everything that is used to "check" Machamp. Indeedee is also a much better Scarfer.
:Inteleon: Walmart version of Blastoise.
:Grimmsnarl: This mon sucks lol

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
S Rank:

S Rank

Mudsdale
Rotom-C

A Rank:

A+ Rank

Copperajah
Salazzle
Silvally-Ground
Stakataka
Sylveon
Talonflame
Vaporeon

A Rank

Escavalier
Exeggutor-Alola (lots of versatility even if the sets all basically do the same thing; it mostly amounts to small techs that give it varying leverage in different matchups)
Indeedee-F (considered raising it for CM sets, maybe will in the future)
Machamp
Snorlax
Toxicroak (SD Low Kick moment)
Tsareena
Vileplume

A- Rank

Aerodactyl
Decidueye (NP sets are really good Vaporeon smashers and appreciate Drapion being the most common Dark-type given its pretty meh special bulk)
Drapion (great Mudsdale lure even if everyone expects it lol, Knock Off broken)
Gastrodon (slug just adds more options in the builder)
Heliolisk (non-Choiced sets remain weirdly disrespected)
Quagsire
Sirfetch'd
Starmie
Tauros (it 2HKOes almost everything with just Stealth Rock, and it has a SUPER good Speed tier)
Xatu

B Rank:

B+ Rank

Araquanid (awkward to build with but eats Vaporeon teams, so that's worth a lot)
Blastoise
Diancie (similar to Araquanid in that it's awkward to build with, but the rewards are much less worth it)
Guzzlord
Scrafty
Tyrantrum
Weezing

B Rank

Dhelmise
Duraludon (should not have dropped lol)
Exploud
Golurk
Grimmsnarl (it is not worth using over the other Dark-types or Sylveon as a wallbreaker; I would sooner use the demon Choice Band Scrafty)
Mantine
Passimian
Silvally-Steel

B- Rank

Braviary
Drampa (I think he's pretty good, still really strong and has cool defensive use + Berserk sets can cheese some. It mostly just sucks how much worse its Speed is than Eggy because wow 171 with full investment is sad)
Gigalith (sand good)
Inteleon
Sandslash (sand good)
Sneasel (bro look at NU defensive cores right now and try to convince me Sneasel doesn't 6-0 from preview in 90%+ of games)
Togedemaru
Virizion (weirdly good right now because its coverage and Speed are just enough; even defensively it's sort of clutch with checking Silvally-Ground and Blastoise)

C Rank:

C+ Rank

Arcanine
Eldegoss
Froslass
Lycanroc
Omastar (it's unironically good fuck you)
Sandaconda
Stunfisk-Galar

C Rank

Ferroseed
Garbodor (no)
Glastrier (decent enough at beating Vaporeon squads but otherwise I just hate using this dogass)
Gourgeist-Small
Jellicent
Kabutops
Ninjask
Scyther
Vanilluxe

Ren-chon

Lifesbane, 36 layers. How does it look?
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
S Rank:

S Rank

:mudsdale:
:rotom-mow:

S- Rank
:silvally-ground:-Ground
:vaporeon:
Both are a tad better than the rest of the A+ rank, but not quite as good as Muds or Mowtom

A Rank:

A+ Rank

:copperajah:
:indeedee-f: Has a lot of sets it can use, all of them requiring kinda different counterplay since even Staka can fold to Specs and pivoting/scouting vs CM is nearly useless
:machamp: Me see Pokémon me kill Pokémon
:salazzle:
:stakataka:
:sylveon: Not too sold on this being A+, but ig it at least can run stuff other than pure wishtect and the move is broken in general so
:talonflame:

A Rank
:escavalier:
:exeggutor-alola: One of our best breakers, and one of the few that can actually offer some level of defensive utility as well. Nothing short of Sylveon wants to switch into this, and even then its forced into recovering right after
:heliolisk: Id never say this in the official one but this is personal VR so oh well LMAO. Non-choiced Helio is AMAZING rn and has barely no switches, and even then you can just pivot out anyway
:sirfetchd: Similar power level to Machamp in some situations, but personally idt its as strong. Really solid breaker if your coin tossing game is on point
:snorlax:
:toxicroak: This thing PREYS on Sylv/Vap + Muds + Steel-type cores which have been everywhere for months now
:tsareena:
:vileplume: Can totally see this being A+ rn tho
:xatu:

A- Rank
:aerodactyl:
:decidueye: Rabia hypes this up for the NP set, and I will for the Band one. Banded Decid hits like a truck, and Long Reach means Talon and Plume cant fish while you just U-Turn away chipping stuff. I think both sets are super good rn and can fit in different kinds of teams which is cool
:drapion: Not TOO much of a fan of this 'mon, but cant deny its good rn. Knock is a broken move and Drapion has the right coverage to get through weakened teams with ease late game, or just knock items off + fish for psn early/mid:
:gastrodon: This mon is always solid imo. Nice bulk while not being that passive and can fit in teams that wouldnt necessarily want to use Quagsire
:quagsire:
:starmie:
:tauros: This thing hits HARD, and has a high enough Spe that leaves it outsped by just Helio and lol Viri out of relevant mons when comparing Ada to Jolly. Serves as an offensive check to quite some stuff as well which is welcome

B Rank:

B+ Rank

:aerodactyl: Eh, this thing has seen better days. Muds being so good + introduction of Gastro doesnt really help. Still has a cool niche that some teams might need, but not as good as before
:araquanid: Similar to Croak, it abuses Vap balance hard. Awkward to build with, but always puts in work when used

:blastoise:
:diancie: Might be controversial, but its also not that good rn. Doesnt offer much in the current meta and youre often better off with other rockers
:Grimmsnarl:
:guzzlord:

:mantine: I actually like this thing tbh, cool option for teams that dont wanna default to Vap. SubsTox is also funny
:scrafty:
:tyrantrum:
:silvally:-Steel Has been seeing more use lately, and literally anything that can pivot is usable rn anyway. Rest SD can also go in if your opp lets their Muds die
:weezing:

B Rank
:blastoise: Doesnt have much of a space in the meta rn with Vap being this good, and we have waaay better breakers. It only has a place in HO and thats it honestly?
:dhelmise:
:duraludon: No idea why this dropped. Switching into it is impossible
:exploud:
:golurk:
:passimian:

B- Rank

:braviary:
:inteleon:
:togedemaru:
:sneasel: Saw a lot of use by the last couple weeks of NUPL and for a good reason. It hits hard while being a nice check to some stuff like Eggy, Groundvally, Indeedee and Mowtom
:virizion: Any offensive threat that has some degree of defensive utility is valuable rn with how hard we gotta try to cover everything

C Rank:

C+ Rank

:arcanine:
:drampa:
It looks cool on paper, but havent seen it much in actual matches. Beats Vap so thats cool though
:eldegoss:
:froslass:
:gigalith:
:lycanroc:
:qwilfish:
Cool little thing thats been seeing some use lately
:sandslash:
:scyther:
Idk if Ive made this clear by now but pivoting is broken. Access to Knock is also neat against the likes of Staka
:stunfisk-galar:

C Rank
:doublade:

:garbodor: Why would you ever unironically want to use this over Weezing or Qwilfish
:gourgeist:
-Small
:jellicent:
:ninjask:
:tangela:
:vanilluxe:

Unranked
:druddigon: I kinda think it could remain ranked but eh, not too sold on this anyway. Also the Blastoise line was a joke I just wanna see if anyone will tag me in NU cord before reading the entire post
:ferroseed: Charmflash convinced us this was usable last slam and we somehow have been keeping this ranked since
:glastrier: We have way better tools to handle Vap balance. Idk why anyone would want to make a team with it unless they SPECIFICALLY want to use Glastrier over other stuff, even if it doesnt really fit there
:kabutops: The one time someone used this over Lass or Aero in NUPL they lost
:sandaconda: Most of its niche was outspeeding Dragalge. I think it could maybe be C still but meh
:zoroark: Sorry tog

:Blacephalon: Phantom VR :Blacephalon:

S rank
:Rotom-mow:

S- rank
:Silvally: - Ground. Sits between S- and S imo, should have been banned months ago but it is what it is.
:Vaporeon: Anyone who says ban this is griefing. If this goes we have to ban like 15 mons.
:Mudsdale: I'm not as high on this as everyone else, and even considered dropping it to A+.

A+ rank
:Indeedee-F: CM and specs are both broken and need to go, scarf also provides very nice utility with a very good speed tier and fast healing wish/trick.
:Machamp: It's being suspected for a reason.
:Salazzle: Borderline broken imo, has always been v strong offensively with its near unmatched speed tier, great STAB combination and stats. Recent set exploration with knock off, encore etc has only improved its position in the tier.
:Copperajah: Mon still has no switchins, and provides decent defensive utility.
:Vileplume: HOLY SHIT IM GONNA PLOOM
:Stakataka: Best defensive steel, OTR sets are borderline broken.

A rank
:Talonflame: Idk i just dont like using it anymore.
:Sylveon:
:Snorlax: This mon is bannable btw. Forces opp to play extremely wierd to avoid folding to this, and can solo teams very often. Band has no switchins.
:Sirfetch Machamp lite, better in some situations but same concept. Leek should be banned.
:Xatu: Does what it always does. Demon sets can get going very easily and roll through teams.
:Exeggutor-Alola: No switchins, texan eggy can 6-0 a lot of matchups and is very easy to set up.
:Blastoise: Was used 4 times in my swiss sets so far, 4/4 wins. Does what it always does.
:Tyrantrum: Band has no switchins (even muds has a 2hko roll with rocks even with stamina), DD broken.

A- rank
:Diancie:
:Toxicroak: V good rn but I hate using it into omnipresent gvally and muds.
:Passimian: Scarf is consistent as always, band is busted.

B+ rank
:Aerodactyl: very on paper mon, idt ive seen it do anything other than be an HO lead.
:Weezing:

B rank
:Gastrodon:
:Grimmsnarl:
:Mantine:
:Silvally: - steel
:Duraludon:
:Drampa:

B- rank
:Stunfisk-Galar: Pokeslice are u happy?
:Braviary:
:Virizion: This thing is actually p nice. Dunking tflame with edge on switchin is satisfying af.
:Kingdra:

C+ rank
:Eldegoss:
:Gigalith:
:Sandslash:
:Sandaconda:
:Scyther:
:Gourgeist: - small
:Jellicent:
:Kabutops:
:Uxie:
:Ninjask:
:Malamar: Aawin we need to run it back

C rank
:Rhydon: deez nuts
:Pinsir: Drudiggon 2.0
:Zoroark:

:Froslass: Rabia ur HO died a long time ago and this mon died with it. Literally useless. The L in froslass stands for L because anyone who uses the mon is a walking L.
:Tangela:
:Ferroseed: This mon does not exist.
:Druddigon: Pinsir but worse.

Last edited:
S: :stakataka: :rotom-mow:

S-: :silvally-ground: (Ground) :vileplume:

A+: :mudsdale: :indeedee-f: :sylveon: :talonflame: :toxicroak: :vaporeon: :salazzle:

A: :gastrodon: :exeggutor-alola: :copperajah: :scrafty: :mantine: :tauros: :tsareena: :decidueye: :escavalier:

A-: :aerodactyl: :drapion: :xatu: :guzzlord: :heliolisk: :dhelmise: :starmie: :duraludon: :weezing:

B+: :articuno-galar: :diancie: :inteleon: :passimian: :quagsire: :silvally-steel: (Steel) :tyrantrum: :golurk:

B: :araquanid: :drampa: :exploud: :gallade: :sneasel: :stunfisk-galar: :virizion: :sceptile:

B-: :garbodor: :gigalith: :lycanroc: :togedemaru: :vanilluxe: :glastrier:

C+: :arcanine: :braviary: :froslass: :magneton: :ninjask: :rhydon:

C: :eldegoss: :druddigon: :ferroseed: :jellicent: :kabutops: :scyther: :tangela:

UR: :zoroark: :doublade: :gourgeist:

A few hot takes here, but feel free to argue with me in the NU cord if you want.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
S: :rotom-mow::silvally:(ground):stakataka::vileplume:
A+: :copperajah::indeedee-f::mudsdale::sylveon::talonflame::toxicroak:
A: :exeggutor-alola::guzzlord::mantine::salazzle::scrafty::xatu:
A-: :aerodactyl::articuno-galar::dhelmise::drapion::heliolisk::inteleon::starmie::snorlax::vaporeon:
B+: :decidueye::diancie::duraludon::escavalier::gastrodon::passimian::quagsire::silvally:(steel):tauros::tsareena::weezing:
B: :drampa::exploud::gallade::garbodor::gigalith::lycanroc::sandslash::sceptile::sneasel::stunfisk-galar:
B-: :araquanid::arcanine::braviary::ditto::eldegoss::golurk::grimmsnarl::tyrantrum::virizion::zoroark:
C: :druddigon::froslass::glastrier::gourgeist:(small):magneton::ninjask::pincurchin::rhydon::tangela::thwackey::togedemaru:

compressed S and C rank into just one because 1) I think the four I put in S are all roughly equal in strength/usefulness and 2) the stuff in C is mostly just super situational options that don't have much reason to be differentiated between anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)