Tournament SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 Prize Pool! - Round 6

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 prize pool!
hosted by dex
art by the masterful martinvtran

SS CAP is coming to an end, and there is no better way to celebrate the community that got me on Smogon in the first place than a massive, crazy money tournament! CAP was what first drew me to participate on Smogon, and while I am now active across the site, CAP will always hold a special place for me as the catalyst for my introduction to the community. The prize structure will be as follows:
1st Place: 40% ($400)
2nd Place: 20% ($200)
3rd-4th Place: 10% each ($100)
5th-8th Place: 5% each ($50)
Huge shoutout to the following users who helped me contribute to this absolutely massive prize pool:
The following rules apply:
Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 8] CAP tournament.
  • The format is best of three, single elimination. Quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals will be best of five, single elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • It is required that you post your replays to avoid disputes.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round. This includes the potential buffs/nerfs to Saharaja, Miasmaw, and Chromera. Should a buff/nerf go live in the middle of a week, that CAP will be banned for the duration of that week and any extensions for that week.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide when scheduling with your opponent.
SS CAP Metagame Resources:
Intro to SS CAP | Viability Rankings | Sample Teams | Good Cores | Role Compendium | Sets

Pairings:

Sylveon used calm mind vs QWILY
IronFlashGaming vs Joeshh
shiloh vs crying
talah vs Maxouille
Failbor vs jonfilch
Lily vs Ewin
Andrew M vs Azamat140499
Gray vs Potatochan

Reminder that this round is Best of 3. Replays are required. The deadline for this round is November 13, 11:59 PM GMT -4. Extensions have until November 9, 11:59 PM GMT -4 to complete their games.​

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Predictions for top 16! Winners get some of that sweet cash prize!

Sylveon used calm mind vs QWILY: sylveon managed to dodge stresh by some godsend, but QWILY should be able to take this
IronFlashGaming vs Joeshh: the zazo state gets a little richer
shiloh vs crying: awesome matchup, I think crying takes it in 3
Winner of (Reje vs talah) vs Maxouille: may the best non-french win
Failbor vs jonfilch: Failbor's toughest challenge happens to be gaming legend and smogon's resident male model jonathan filchinator
Lily vs Ewin: Another great matchup, I hope it goes to 3 as well.
Andrew M vs Azamat140499: It is more than funny that one of these two players is guaranteed a piece of the pot, but Azamat is my goat after defeating blastablasta so I will bold him all the way.
Gray vs Potatochan: The matchups have not been easy for Potatochan and they aren't getting any easier; however, I will go with them here.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Sylveon used calm mind vs QWILY : should win if they schedule properly
IronFlashGaming vs Joeshh
shiloh vs crying : continue to cheerlead for crying
Winner of (Reje vs talah) vs Maxouille : ppl are gonna angry react me for this one but max played very well last round, big L for the french deniers going forward
Failbor vs jonfilch : man both of these players are cool idk who to give it to what a bad mu (i'm lying i am looking forwards to this series)
Lily vs Ewin : idt i've been giving ewin enough credit so enjoy the bold and 10% luck penalty
Andrew M vs Azamat140499 : without question the most important match in this tour thus far, it'd be dishonorable to bold either player here considering all that's happened but i'll personally be rooting for Azamat since they've fought harder to get a shot at the prize money and also brought the craziest counterteam last round
Gray vs Potatochan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)