Tournament SS CAP Send-off Money Tournament - $1000 Prize Pool! - Round 4 - CHROMERA BANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright just so this is known and to give insight. Gonna tag MTB incase he wants to say something.

Get ready for a rollercoaster. Basically MTB and I scheduled Saturday he missed time and then requested to reschedule. Couldn't check Smogon much on Saturday so I replied on Sunday and we decided to play. He won g1 and then dced mid g2. I turned timer off for 35mins after he said he lost connection then he didn't comeback so I turned it back on and wrote on Smogon. Game 1 wasn't saved but this is g2 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1698459101-ec1jjqq5qikbffr1cmyy1k8cavffpxfpw

After that he messaged me after an hour(?) said he could play but I missed his message. I'm +2 and he's +11 so its also cursed time difference. I can't really play in the mornings or late in the middle of the week, so /shrug

MagearnaTheBoss

formerly MTB
is a Tiering Contributor
Alright just so this is known and to give insight. Gonna tag MTB incase he wants to say something.

Get ready for a rollercoaster. Basically MTB and I scheduled Saturday he missed time and then requested to reschedule. Couldn't check Smogon much on Saturday so I replied on Sunday and we decided to play. He won g1 and then dced mid g2. I turned timer off for 35mins after he said he lost connection then he didn't comeback so I turned it back on and wrote on Smogon. Game 1 wasn't saved but this is g2 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1698459101-ec1jjqq5qikbffr1cmyy1k8cavffpxfpw

After that he messaged me after an hour(?) said he could play but I missed his message. I'm +2 and he's +11 so its also cursed time difference. I can't really play in the mornings or late in the middle of the week, so /shrug
Hey, yes this has been quite a monstrosity which I’m sorry about but my Internet had genuinely been cut off midgame and I contacted you asap. I think I can still play g2 for the win with all moves repeated or whatever you say for it (rematch completely new teams, rematch same teams, or rematch turn for turn) (But again I’m unsure about how this rule works so tagging dex for more info on this) (Also unsure what happens here in the first place but yeah), but you can state all the times you’re available on the profile post and I’ll try working around it to accommodate for your times DEG , thank you!

E: Current Status of what had been played is - 1. I won (replay apparently isn’t saved but DEG can vouch for it)
2. Played half (replay shown above) and I dq’d
3. -?

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey, yes this has been quite a monstrosity which I’m sorry about but my Internet had genuinely been cut off midgame and I contacted you asap. I think I can still play g2 for the win with all moves repeated or whatever you say for it (rematch completely new teams, rematch same teams, or rematch turn for turn) (But again I’m unsure about how this rule works so tagging dex for more info on this) (Also unsure what happens here in the first place but yeah), but you can state all the times you’re available on the profile post and I’ll try working around it to accommodate for your times DEG , thank you!

E: Current Status of what had been played is - 1. I won (replay apparently isn’t saved but DEG can vouch for it)
2. Played half (replay shown above) and I dq’d
3. -?
In this scenario, since this is an unofficial tournament and Tour Directors are not involved, adding onto you and your opponent's timezone difference, a remake for game 2 seems unlikely to happen. Additionally, since no replay can be provided for game 1, it is voided. I will grant an extension for the series with the current score being 0-0. I will say that normally, in official tournaments, a disconnect does result in a remake; however, I do not think that one is feasible given the circumstances. Apologies for this being a bit scuffed of a solution, but it seems the easiest and most straightforward to me.

Result: Score is 0-0, games 1, 2, and 3 will be played on extension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)