Project SS CAP Battle of the Fortnight - Round 19: GARRETT VS LBN

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
approved by Tadasuke, OP adapted from NU and AG BOTW

BATTLE OF THE FORTNIGHT

Hi all, welcome to the CAP Battle of the Fortnight project! This project aims to create a place where people can watch the high level tour battles you can usually find in big tours like seasonals, PLs or other tournaments.

At the beginning of each round, there will be a voting phase of roughly 48 hours where you can vote for three different players you would like to see battle each other. Battles can be in any CAP related tier, including past gens or OMs, and can either be a Bo1, Bo3, or Bo5. At the end of the voting period, whichever two players received the most votes will battle it out for all of us to enjoy.
However, the next voting stage CANNOT include the 2 people who just battled -- those same 2 people cannot be voted on again until 2 weeks after. For example, if Rabia and SHSP play each other week 1, they cannot be voted on again until week 4.

Anyone is welcome to participate, although of course it'll be more enjoyable if the players we vote on are well known battlers in the community. Replays and voting history will also be recorded in this thread for posterity. That should just about sum everything up, so let's get into round 1!​

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
ARCHIVE

Week 1 - Lasen vs D2theW
:necrozma:
Game 1, Game 2:necrozma:

Week 2 - quziel vs spoo
:snaelstrom:
Game 1, Game 2, Game 3:snaelstrom:

Week 3 - Atha vs SHSP
:suicune:
Game 1, Game 2:suicune:

Week 4 - The Number Man vs Darek851
:miasmaw:Game 1, Game 2, Game 3:miasmaw:

Week 5 - Jho vs Mx
:lurantis:Game 1, Game 2, Game 3:lurantis:

Week 6 - dex vs Binacleisthebest
:aurumoth:
"game" 1:aurumoth:

Week 7 - Voltage vs pannuracotta
:pelipper:Game 1, Game 2:pelipper:

Week 8 - againa vs spoo
:dragalge:
Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, Game 5:dragalge:

Week 9 - quziel vs AM
:volkraken:Game 1, Game 2, Game 3:volkraken:

Week 10 - CAPPL Managers vs Assmen
:slowking:
Nalorium vs Ilovescaldburns:slowking:
:cawmodore:
Wulfanator vs spoo:cawmodore:
:cyclohm:Voltage vs snake_rattler:cyclohm:
:mollux:SHSP vs D2theW:mollux:

Week 11 (GRUDGE MATCH) - Jordy vs Binacleisthebest
:clefable:Game 1, Game 2:clefable:

Week 12 - reachzero vs Kate
(DID NOT HAPPEN)

Week 13 - Binacle Pinnacle vs pannuracotta
:snaelstrom: Game 1, Game 2 (SET LEFT UNFINISHED) :snaelstrom:

Week 14 - BasedWhat? vs ArcticBreeze
(ALSO DID NOT HAPPEN)

Last edited:

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
VOTE COUNT
PLACE
USER
VOTES
1st​
Rabia​
7​
2nd​
Lasen. D2theW​
5​
4th​
SHSP, Atha​
3​
6th​
againa, 2spoopy4u​
2​
8th​
quziel, iNoLife, Dj Breloominati, The Number Man, Heaven Jay, Binacleisthebest, Darek851​
1​

alright folks, left voting open for a while longer as this was the very first round, but without further ado our first BATTLE OF THE WEEK will be....
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 1.41.57 PM.png

1620933991426.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.36.51 PM.png
VERSUS
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.24.17 PM.png
1620934035467.png

congrats to both users, hoping this will be a pretty fun series. now to decide the stakes - the winner gets to take the others banner. yep that's right you get to have two fuckin banners. should make for some tense games.

as stated in the OP you can play up to a bo5 of any cap meta as long as its not cap1v1 lol. failure to complete your matches before monday, may 17th will result in heavy fines and/or imprisonment. if either of you dont want to play the series for whatever reason then let me know and ill get lasen to take your place, although honestly that would be pretty lame of u (peer pressure). and please tell me when youre playing so i can put it in this post and advertise the game. thanks and good luck.

:boatogostandode:

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
alright well, shame that no one will have two banners on display after this week, but thems the breaks. congrats D2TheW for winning and taking a decade off of SHSP's life expectancy and thanks Lasen for being handsome as always and subbing in

this also means that VOTING IS OPEN FOR WEEK TWO!!!! i will actually be closing the poll after 48 hours this time so vote while you can. as a reminder, d2 and lasen played this week so they can't be voted on for the next two rounds. also, since rabia made first place but doesn't seem super interested atm, i'll exempt them from being voted on for the next two weeks as well.

my vote goes to SHSP atha and quziel. GL everyone and lets get another fun series this week :heart:

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
VOTE COUNT
PLACE
USER
VOTES
1st​
2spoopy4u​
5​
2nd​
SHSP, quziel​
3​
4th​
Atha, Darek851​
2​
6th​
Rat With Wings, Dj Breloominati, Bugmaniacbob, Deck Knight, Zicofool​
1​

OKAAAYYYYY SOOO our lucky second place contestant for this round's BATTLE OF THE WEEK ISSSS
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 11.31.04 PM.png

297859.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 11.37.56 PM.png
VERSUS
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 11.37.26 PM.png
251944.jpg

yep that's right! NU's very own QUZIEL will be battling ME hopefully before the end of the week! although as we should all be aware of by now quziel is perpetually the Busiest man on smogon so i am prepared for a substitution if it need come to that (i'm putting you on standby SHSP). the stakes for this round are perfectly balanced, as always: if i am to win, i receive all of quziel's badges and he has to change his avatar to that one really buff dog for the next month; however, if quziel emerges victorious, i lose absolutely nothing. once again these are very fair and good stakes

hoping for a fun series quziel and yes I will be bringing omastar psychic spam

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)