(2) Flairr vs Siamato (15)
(3) Altthiel vs Mr.Bossaru (14)
(4) Palapapop vs Osake (13)
(5) Ducky vs TTTech (12)
(6) shnowshner vs anaconja (11)
(7) Dragonillis vs PandaDoux (10)
(8) halaman95 vs ponchlake (9)

MATCH DEADLINE: Sunday, October 16, 11:00 PM GMT -4
Extensions may be granted only up until Tuesday, October 18, 11:00 PM GMT -4.

CAMOMONS TEST MATCHES
While Camomons doesn't have a ladder to test your creations with, I, the newly-appointed Tier Leader, along with fellow councilmen The Number Man, Siamato, and Clastia, am happy to help out on whatever creations you have! Just hop on the Camomons Discord Server, tag us, and a council member may be able to accommodate your request.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
PO time means predictions are back!

(1) Quantum Tesseract vs Clastia (16)

Okok so that's a really interesting pairing there between the number one of the Swiss qualifying and the Torkoal player but still Camomons councilman. I watched QT games and tbh they played cool teams but they brought them each round so I wonder if they will build for PO or not. Depending on that Clastia could try to counterteam him which could be sufficient with an in-game not so far behind to take this BO. If QT builds (or steals teams idk) things are differents... Will give Clastia the edge because he played some cool teams when he doesn't load Torkoal smh. HIGHLIGHT

(2) Flairr vs Siamato (15)

Excited for this and I hope we will have a great serie! I will not underestimate him because I know he's good and motivated.

(3) Altthiel vs Mr.Bossaru (14)

I'm bolding Altthiel for sure lol. If Mr.Bossaru doesn't get his speciality aka act win I don't see Altthiel losing against the OU-like team Mr.Bossaru played so far. But yeah depending on how busy/motivated Altt is, he could lose by forfeit lol. Will be a shame isn't it Altthiel? So pls win and invite us to eat with the price bro ;p

(4) Palapapop vs Osake (13)

Okay this one is cool because both players are great in terms of in-game abilities. However Pala knows the tier much better compared to Osake and that's theoretically a huge advantage. However, Pala has a tendancy to bring some strange teams like the "Mono Custap" he brought vs QT lol. So yeah because Osake will play good samples (or other teams I built) it can eventually win if he pilots them well against weird builds from Pala. But if Pala manages to contain his creativity then I think he will win this one for sure. Because Osake will play my teams (outside from a surprise?), Pala also has the advantage of knowing them well because he's one of my best test partner.

(5) Ducky vs TTTech (12)

The duck played some cool teams from Ponchlake *cough cough* while TTTech played some old teams from OM Spotlight (but others maybe?). I think they're close in-game so this game will be decided by the quality of the team or the MU.

(6) shnowshner vs anaconja (11)

Okok this one will be a piece of art there's no question. I think both are experienced players in-game so I expect some spicy plays and that will be so cool to watch. I'm still worried about shnowshner mental health but also for Ana who will have to deal with shnow's absolute madness on the builder. So although it's close to me I will still bet on Anaconja because I know he's in a good shape. Definitely a HIGHLIGHT I want to see!

(7) Dragonillis vs PandaDoux (10)

The second french pairing lol. Dragonillis finally built some teams for the last round and was able to take his revenge against RobDog which is a cool improvement compared to the last time he just brought samples. However I didn't find his teams particularly good or impressive. Panda is coming back with new stuff after playing some old teams during the last rounds. I think these teams are better than Drago's ones but not that much. So I mainly bold PD because he's better in-game if he takes his time to play to not choke. But we all know that Dragonillis has a secret card that can completely rewrite things.

(8) halaman95 vs ponchlake (9)

The only remaining sample teams player in the tour vs THE ponchlake. I wonder who is better in-game because yeah, although playing only sample teams, halaman did well piloting them until now and didn't seem behind ponchlake to me. But ofc I'm bolding ponch because I know he's motivated and will do his best to win. Take your time before playing and you'll do great friend :heart:

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
idk what siamato is worried about my mental health Hitmontop (M) @ Choice Band Ability: Technician EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Adamant Nature - Triple Axel - Mach Punch - Close Combat - Rapid Spin like seriously i've just been having fun making cool teams and whatnot Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet Ability: Regenerator EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpD Relaxed Nature - Foul Play - Sludge Bomb - Stun Spore - Stomping Tantrum trying to get a solid foothold on the metagame since it's got cool mechanics

May our god Rillaboom forgive his lost soul and guide him on the path to redemption.
In fact I'm just JEALOUS about you getting the balls to play hot stuff like that and MAD I lost to you so stop listening to me and just win your game so I might play you again and take my revenge in order to restore my honor :puff: :blobpex:

Last edited:
Won in 3 vs Flair after such really good games, ggs.
G1 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1687116068-47becb9vkhzjilcx66inp26vh3q8s6mpw
G2 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1687125761-3i221p5tisq0jtdqw0820pxbx4nccb5pw
G3 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1687221994-jitdnz9lt3wy0kllph6pb9q2umqgogrpw

You did really well bro so I hope this outcome isn't too disappointing for you because I know very well the efforts you put in playing and building during this tour. I didn't know anything about you before the beginning of the tour but now I can definitely say you were a player I was excited to play against and I was scared to face. I think you progressed a lot since you entered this tournament and I'm pretty sure you'll keep on growing because you have everything to become a great player I believe.

Won in 3 vs Flair after such really good games, ggs.
G1 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1687116068-47becb9vkhzjilcx66inp26vh3q8s6mpw
G2 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1687125761-3i221p5tisq0jtdqw0820pxbx4nccb5pw
G3 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1687221994-jitdnz9lt3wy0kllph6pb9q2umqgogrpw

You did really well bro so I hope this outcome isn't too disappointing for you because I know very well the efforts you put in playing and building during this tour. I didn't know anything about you before the beginning of the tour but now I can definitely say you were a player I was excited to play against and I was scared to face. I think you progressed a lot since you entered this tournament and I'm pretty sure you'll keep on growing because you have everything to become a great player I believe.
Thanks man, had an absolute blast and you were insanely helpful - appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie become better and deal with my many, many questions!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
PLAYOFFS!
Round 2 Deadline: Sunday, October 23, 11:00 PM GMT -4

(16) Clastia vs ponchlake (9)
(15) Siamato vs PandaDoux (10)
(3) Altthiel vs anaconja (11)
(4) Palapapop vs Ducky (5)

MATCH DEADLINE: Sunday, October 23, 11:00 PM GMT -4
Round 1 Extension: Wednesday, October 19, 11:00 PM GMT -4.

CAMOMONS TEST MATCHES
While Camomons doesn't have a ladder to test your creations with, I, the newly-appointed Tier Leader, along with fellow councilmen The Number Man, Siamato, and Clastia, am happy to help out on whatever creations you have! Just hop on the Camomons Discord Server, tag us, and a council member may be able to accommodate your request.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
1666131484469.png

(cool art by Euphonos re-used without asking for permissions but I have them trust trust)
SPECIAL EDITION
(it is not)
bannière versus ponch vs clastia.png

("art" by me trying to remember Brumirage sensei teaching but failing miserably ;-;)

:gourgeist:THEME 1: Halloween:haunter:
Halloween is coming at the end of the month and with it, starts the celebration of the dead and all the folklore we know around horror. To prepare this event, you must build with mons that are initially Ghost, Dark, Grass or Bug or mons that are Ghost, Dark, Grass or Bug after applying of the Camomons rule.

:regice:THEME 2: The forgotten typings:regirock:
Unfortunately, inequalities are everywhere. The game has been so rough with some typing and especially
and
. These 2 were almost completely unseen during the tournament. It's time to make them shine by playing either a Rock or an Ice mon AND a mon that was initially Rock or Ice.

:dragapult:THEME 3: Multirankings:tyrantrum:

We see always the same mons at the top but we forgot that we need everything to make a world. This theme promotes diversity by forcing players to run mons from different categories. You must run a ★★★★ TOP TIER ★★★★ , a ★★★ HIGH ★★★, 2 ★★ MID ★★ and 2 ★ LOW ★ (or unranked).

:arceus:THEME 4: Multitype:silvally:
Our god Arceus is absent this generation. To pay tribute to it, players are asked to use only different typings throughout the team. You can have one typing at most once. At most there will be 12 differents typing in your team. It's time to choose wisefully!

:charizard:THEME 5: Scarlet and Violet:mewtwo:
Scarlet and Violet are coming in (almost) one month and with it the end of the gen :psycry: To celebrate the end of this gen and the beginning of the new one, players should run only violet (purple) or red mons.

Will add more if I have time or if there's any suggestions by editing this post. Have fun Clastia and ponchlake!
wigcontent.png

Attachments

Last edited:

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
View attachment 459483
(cool art by Euphonos re-used without asking for permissions but I have them trust trust)
SPECIAL EDITION
(it is not)
View attachment 459486
("art" by me trying to remember Brumirage sensei teaching but failing miserably ;-;)

:gourgeist:THEME 1: Halloween:haunter:
Halloween is coming at the end of the month and with it, starts the celebration of the dead and all the folklore we know around horror. To prepare this event, you must build with mons that are initially Ghost, Dark, Grass or Bug or mons that are Ghost, Dark, Grass or Bug after applying of the Camomons rule.

:regice:THEME 2: The forgotten typings:regirock:
Unfortunately, inequalities are everywhere. The game has been so rough with some typing and especially
and
. These 2 were almost completely unseen during the tournament. It's time to make them shine by playing either a Rock or an Ice mon AND a mon that was initially Rock or Ice.

:dragapult:THEME 3: Multirankings:tyrantrum:

We see always the same mons at the top but we forgot that we need everything to make a world. This theme promotes diversity by forcing players to run mons from different categories. You must run a ★★★★ TOP TIER ★★★★ , a ★★★ HIGH ★★★, 2 ★★ MID ★★ and 2 ★ LOW ★.

:arceus:THEME 4: Multitype:silvally:
Our god Arceus is absent this generation. To pay tribute to it, players are asked to use only different typings throughout the team. You can have one typing at most once. At most there will be 12 differents typing in your team. It's time to choose wisefully!

:charizard:THEME 5: Scarlet and Violet:mewtwo:
Scarlet and Violet are coming in (almost) one month and with it the end of the gen :psycry: To celebrate the end of this gen and the beginning of the new one, players should run only violet (purple) or red mons.

Will add more if I have time or if there's any suggestions by editing this post. Have fun Clastia and ponchlake! View attachment 459630
Euphonos requesting extension and BO5 for this round between Clastia and I please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)