Project SS AG Teambuilding Competition [On Hiatus]

The voting phase is now over! Thank you for your votes this round, here they are:
B>A>D>C
A=B>D>C
A>D>B>C
B>D>A>C
B>D>A>C
B>A>D>C
B>D>C>A
D>C>B>A

After entering the votes here, the winner for this round goes to Frito135's team!

Week 5 - Pheromosa
:ss/pheromosa:

Pheromosa is an interesting pick, but it is a very good wallbreaker thanks to its amazing offensive stats, Beast Boost, good coverage, and fantastic Speed tier, outpacing even Calyrex-S. It can spam U-turn to chip down switch-ins, coming back later in the game to be even more threatening. Unfortunately, Pheromosa suffers from extremely poor bulk and a bad defensive typing; this limits its ability to come into the battle freely. With good teambuilding support, Pheromosa can be a potent threat.

You have until Monday to submit a team built around Pheromosa.​

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/pheromosa::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/blissey::ss/yveltal::ss/gothitelle::ss/zacian-crowned:
I don't know why I built this but it's fun. The idea is to use pivoting spam to let gothitelle come in on as much trappable stuff as possible in order to let Pheromosa and Zacian-C click freely. Another happy benefit of the pivot spam is that it lets Pheromosa come in more, generating momentum and forcing out stuff like even lightly chipped Zacian-C. Zacian-C has Play Rough to ease the Zygarde matchup, as the large number of otherwise passive mons hurts the Zygarde matchup. There isn't a ton more to say other than that you can afford to be pretty aggressive switching things into status moves thanks to Blissey's support, which is handy and eases the long game against bulkier teams.

:ss/Pheromosa: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/Gothitelle: :ss/Shuckle: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Groudon:

I made this team a while ago for AGCL5. While it isn't the best of teams, it did decently well mid-ladder. Shuckle serves as a dedicated lead and sets Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. Final Gambit lets it switch to another Pokémon while still dealing damage, allowing you to keep your momentum going. Something that a lot of players tend to overlook is Pheromosa's high SpA. Additionally, with access to Quiver Dance, it can be quite threatening. 136 Speed EVs and a Modest Nature guarantee that it will snowball SpA boosts instead of Speed ones. Zacian is the standard glass cannon build, but I swapped Swords Dance for Play Rough. Gothitelle is just to annoy some weaker offensive mons with Charm for physically offensive ones and Confide for the rest. Taunt helps stop Pokémon that could otherwise annoy Gothitelle with status moves like Toxic or Thunder Wave. Xerneas and Groudon just exist to sweep, and Groudon is this team's reliable Dynamax user. Once again, it's not the best team ever, but it has been quite useful in the past.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Choice Specs Dialga + Choice Band Pheromosa Bulky Offense
:dialga: :yveltal: :zacian-crowned: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus: :pheromosa:

This is a really fun team I like that I built around Pheromosa, made to be pretty offensive in nature. Pheromosa is a great pivot to get in the big breaker, specs Dialga, so it can rip through teams. Yveltal is standard fast Knock with U-turn to keep up more offensive momentum. Zacian-C with NDM is a good core for Assurance and getting rocks up to add more damage with the pivoting core of Yvel + Phero while threatening opposing NDM on the switch with Assurance to free up Phero even more. Eternatus went for the offensive route, since this team has a ton of soft checks to Kyogre already. This set baits in the rare Ho-Oh and takes it out for Phero while also just being a good breaker overall. The star Pheromosa rounds out the team as a strong pivot and revenge killer, covering for the lack of speed control against things like NP caly and appreciating Ho-Oh being baited by Power Gem / Meteor Beam and NDM by Assurance and just offensive pressure from things like Eternatus.

It's time to vote!
1626745028145.png

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Geysers
:ss/pheromosa::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/blissey::ss/yveltal::ss/gothitelle::ss/zacian-crowned:
I don't know why I built this but it's fun. The idea is to use pivoting spam to let gothitelle come in on as much trappable stuff as possible in order to let Pheromosa and Zacian-C click freely. Another happy benefit of the pivot spam is that it lets Pheromosa come in more, generating momentum and forcing out stuff like even lightly chipped Zacian-C. Zacian-C has Play Rough to ease the Zygarde matchup, as the large number of otherwise passive mons hurts the Zygarde matchup. There isn't a ton more to say other than that you can afford to be pretty aggressive switching things into status moves thanks to Blissey's support, which is handy and eases the long game against bulkier teams.
Team B by burgablob
:ss/Pheromosa: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/Gothitelle: :ss/Shuckle: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Groudon:

I made this team a while ago for AGCL5. While it isn't the best of teams, it did decently well mid-ladder. Shuckle serves as a dedicated lead and sets Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. Final Gambit lets it switch to another Pokémon while still dealing damage, allowing you to keep your momentum going. Something that a lot of players tend to overlook is Pheromosa's high SpA. Additionally, with access to Quiver Dance, it can be quite threatening. 136 Speed EVs and a Modest Nature guarantee that it will snowball SpA boosts instead of Speed ones. Zacian is the standard glass cannon build, but I swapped Swords Dance for Play Rough. Gothitelle is just to annoy some weaker offensive mons with Charm for physically offensive ones and Confide for the rest. Taunt helps stop Pokémon that could otherwise annoy Gothitelle with status moves like Toxic or Thunder Wave. Xerneas and Groudon just exist to sweep, and Groudon is this team's reliable Dynamax user. Once again, it's not the best team ever, but it has been quite useful in the past.
Team C by Fc
Choice Specs Dialga + Choice Band Pheromosa Bulky Offense
:dialga: :yveltal: :zacian-crowned: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :eternatus: :pheromosa:

This is a really fun team I like that I built around Pheromosa, made to be pretty offensive in nature. Pheromosa is a great pivot to get in the big breaker, specs Dialga, so it can rip through teams. Yveltal is standard fast Knock with U-turn to keep up more offensive momentum. Zacian-C with NDM is a good core for Assurance and getting rocks up to add more damage with the pivoting core of Yvel + Phero while threatening opposing NDM on the switch with Assurance to free up Phero even more. Eternatus went for the offensive route, since this team has a ton of soft checks to Kyogre already. This set baits in the rare Ho-Oh and takes it out for Phero while also just being a good breaker overall. The star Pheromosa rounds out the team as a strong pivot and revenge killer, covering for the lack of speed control against things like NP caly and appreciating Ho-Oh being baited by Power Gem / Meteor Beam and NDM by Assurance and just offensive pressure from things like Eternatus.
You have until Wednesday to vote. going to vote for A>C>B

The voting phase is now over! Thank you for your votes this round, here they are:
A>C>B
C>A>B
C>A>B

Although we didn't get many votes this round, after entering the votes here, the winner for this round goes to Fc's team!

Round 6 - Groudon
:ss/groudon:

Groudon is a good Stealth Rock setter that can force out Pokemon like Necrozma-DM and slow Yveltal thanks to its very good EdgeQuake coverage, while spreading status with Thunder Wave to potentially sweep. Offensive Swords Dance sets are potent as well, lacking defensive counterplay with Max Airstream and Dynamax outside of Lunala.

You have until Monday to submit a team built around Groudon.​

Last edited:
:ss/Groudon: :ss/Kyogre: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Eternatus:

Alright this time I swear it's not a HO team. This team is varation of another team I've used to a decent amount of success on ladder and the basis of my week 2 AGPL team vs Bacon. Built around the core of ParaDancer Don and SubTwave Kyogre, the idea is to paralyze all your switch ins early game and break then down later. Groudon smacks most of the tier with its EdgeQuake coverage while being bulky enough to stay in vs Yveltal and even Zac-C and para them for later. SubTwave Kyogre is just a demonic set that straight can beat everything not named Shedninja or Gastrodon. Normally Kyogre cleans up late game after Groudon has punched a hole. Yveltal and NDM form the standard defensive core. Knock on Yvel allows it to further cripple things like Etern or Ferro trying to stop Kyogre late game. EQ on NDM helps an other sketchy Zekrom MU, while allowing for decent chip on opposing NDM and Etern. My own Etern is my choice of Kyogre "check." Not much to say about it as its fairly standard and helps add chip on things like spdef yvel for late game. Phys Def Xern was the last mon of the team to help deal with the glaring Marshadow and Zekrom weakness. It also packs Twaves to punish any greed Zac-C or NDM trying to out offense a Geo set. This team is much slower paced than my usual ones, but it still works fairly well.

I'll edit in a replay later, I just want to get this post up for the time being.
E: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1366551554-v84u69lfn0g0hmvsfabytq1a0172az3pw (sorry rotten)

Click on the sprites for the importable. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Pokemh

Banned deucer.
:(Eternatus): :(Groudon): :(Blissey): :(Yveltal): :(Tangrowth): :(Necrozma-Dusk-Mane):

Cosmic power mbeam etern really dislikes phasing so physdef tang and bulky reg don can come in on d tail kyurem if needed otherwise vs sheer cold you just sack a mon and come in with dynamax groudon or ndm. Rest bu groudon also really likes aroma and the team itself cant really handle status+a breaker or kyurem whtie coming in. Foul play yveltal over knock on this team is really solid since if its getting revealed the opp wont dd vs it especially when theres a bulky grass and ndm. Tang and ndm are on the team for zekrom so you aren’t losing to any life orb/sub dancers on preview since we have no ditto.
Importable: https://pokepast.es/7299a510589e1293

This team is based around an offensive core of Life Orb Eternatus and Double Dance Groudon with standard sets for Yveltal and Necrozma-DM. Lunala acts as a good defensive wall to deal with physical attackers such as Landorus-T and Groudon. 208 Speed Evs with Timid nature allows Lunala to Outspeed everything upto Jolly Landorus-T. I have used Curse + Bullet Seed set on Ferrothorn in order deal with Substitute Kyogre better.

I havent saved any replays of this team , i will add them later

Click on sprites for the team

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/groudon: :ss/eternatus: :ss/yveltal: :ss/ditto:
https://pokepast.es/856b4f1e6859f2e5

this is probably my favourite team that i built in umpl, though i think i've gotten a lot better at building since then in agpl and i just wanted to share this for fun. this is the team i built for shivam in week 5 of umpl (shivam ended up subbing out and aaron used this instead) featuring double dance groudon and fire fang zac. fire fang 2hkoes ndm in sun, meaning you don't need assurance or sd and means you can also run protect>coverage if you are feeling more ditto weak. double dance groudon is super threatening and can sweep every team that doesn't have a ditto, beating lunala thanks to the lum berry and outspeeding scarf yveltal at +2. the rest of the team fills out defensively.

zac + groudon is just a really broken core in general. zac also baits in the obligatory ndm every single team so that groudon can set up, and the sun + fire fang stuff as well. this team requires some aggressive play to make progress, but proper playing with the zac + groudon core is basically unbeatable. have fun!

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Band Ho-Oh Sun
:groudon: :corviknight: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :palkia: :ho-oh:

I wanted to build with something that abused sun support from Groudon, and what better than CB Ho-Oh. Normally, you'd throw a Xatu in with it but I asked for a cool mon and was told Corviknight so it's here, and it covers for the rockers pretty well. Groudon and NDM get PP stalled and struggle to break through it, with Ho-Oh having its own Defog just in case for backup. Yveltal is the speed control, opting for a scarf since corv is a super reliable Defog user. Oblivion WIng can be changed out for Knock Off or Defog, I just like it for a bit of health and the Max Airstream option. Groudon covers for Stealth Rock and since I'm gonna be using Defog a lot anyway I figured NDM can be a more offensive set with Dragon Dance. This team seems almost physically incapable of losing to Zacian so I'm fine dropping some defense on it. Palkia is the Kyogre check because why not, Fire Blast in sun is incredibly strong and I feel like I have good offensive pressure against more defensive Kyogre sets while AV lets it survive even specs for a bit. Ho-Oh rounds out the team, being incredibly strong and providing an offensive presence that rounds out the team nicely.

It's time to vote!
1627358425102.png

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Frito135
:ss/Groudon: :ss/Kyogre: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Eternatus:

Alright this time I swear it's not a HO team. This team is varation of another team I've used to a decent amount of success on ladder and the basis of my week 2 AGPL team vs Bacon. Built around the core of ParaDancer Don and SubTwave Kyogre, the idea is to paralyze all your switch ins early game and break then down later. Groudon smacks most of the tier with its EdgeQuake coverage while being bulky enough to stay in vs Yveltal and even Zac-C and para them for later. SubTwave Kyogre is just a demonic set that straight can beat everything not named Shedninja or Gastrodon. Normally Kyogre cleans up late game after Groudon has punched a hole. Yveltal and NDM form the standard defensive core. Knock on Yvel allows it to further cripple things like Etern or Ferro trying to stop Kyogre late game. EQ on NDM helps an other sketchy Zekrom MU, while allowing for decent chip on opposing NDM and Etern. My own Etern is my choice of Kyogre "check." Not much to say about it as its fairly standard and helps add chip on things like spdef yvel for late game. Phys Def Xern was the last mon of the team to help deal with the glaring Marshadow and Zekrom weakness. It also packs Twaves to punish any greed Zac-C or NDM trying to out offense a Geo set. This team is much slower paced than my usual ones, but it still works fairly well.

I'll edit in a replay later, I just want to get this post up for the time being.
E: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1366551554-v84u69lfn0g0hmvsfabytq1a0172az3pw (sorry rotten)

Click on the sprites for the importable. Thanks for reading!
Team B by Bro Darkrai
:(Eternatus): :(Groudon): :(Blissey): :(Yveltal): :(Tangrowth): :(Necrozma-Dusk-Mane):

Cosmic power mbeam etern really dislikes phasing so physdef tang and bulky reg don can come in on d tail kyurem if needed otherwise vs sheer cold you just sack a mon and come in with dynamax groudon or ndm. Rest bu groudon also really likes aroma and the team itself cant really handle status+a breaker or kyurem whtie coming in. Foul play yveltal over knock on this team is really solid since if its getting revealed the opp wont dd vs it especially when theres a bulky grass and ndm. Tang and ndm are on the team for zekrom so you aren’t losing to any life orb/sub dancers on preview since we have no ditto.
Importable: https://pokepast.es/7299a510589e1293
Team C by Frozoid

This team is based around an offensive core of Life Orb Eternatus and Double Dance Groudon with standard sets for Yveltal and Necrozma-DM. Lunala acts as a good defensive wall to deal with physical attackers such as Landorus-T and Groudon. 208 Speed Evs with Timid nature allows Lunala to Outspeed everything upto Jolly Landorus-T. I have used Curse + Bullet Seed set on Ferrothorn in order deal with Substitute Kyogre better.

I havent saved any replays of this team , i will add them later

Click on sprites for the team
Team D by lotiasite
:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/groudon: :ss/eternatus: :ss/yveltal: :ss/ditto:
https://pokepast.es/856b4f1e6859f2e5

this is probably my favourite team that i built in umpl, though i think i've gotten a lot better at building since then in agpl and i just wanted to share this for fun. this is the team i built for shivam in week 5 of umpl (shivam ended up subbing out and aaron used this instead) featuring double dance groudon and fire fang zac. fire fang 2hkoes ndm in sun, meaning you don't need assurance or sd and means you can also run protect>coverage if you are feeling more ditto weak. double dance groudon is super threatening and can sweep every team that doesn't have a ditto, beating lunala thanks to the lum berry and outspeeding scarf yveltal at +2. the rest of the team fills out defensively.

zac + groudon is just a really broken core in general. zac also baits in the obligatory ndm every single team so that groudon can set up, and the sun + fire fang stuff as well. this team requires some aggressive play to make progress, but proper playing with the zac + groudon core is basically unbeatable. have fun!
Team E by Fc
Band Ho-Oh Sun
:groudon: :corviknight: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :palkia: :ho-oh:

I wanted to build with something that abused sun support from Groudon, and what better than CB Ho-Oh. Normally, you'd throw a Xatu in with it but I asked for a cool mon and was told Corviknight so it's here, and it covers for the rockers pretty well. Groudon and NDM get PP stalled and struggle to break through it, with Ho-Oh having its own Defog just in case for backup. Yveltal is the speed control, opting for a scarf since corv is a super reliable Defog user. Oblivion WIng can be changed out for Knock Off or Defog, I just like it for a bit of health and the Max Airstream option. Groudon covers for Stealth Rock and since I'm gonna be using Defog a lot anyway I figured NDM can be a more offensive set with Dragon Dance. This team seems almost physically incapable of losing to Zacian so I'm fine dropping some defense on it. Palkia is the Kyogre check because why not, Fire Blast in sun is incredibly strong and I feel like I have good offensive pressure against more defensive Kyogre sets while AV lets it survive even specs for a bit. Ho-Oh rounds out the team, being incredibly strong and providing an offensive presence that rounds out the team nicely.
You have until Wednesday to vote. my votes go to E>D>A>C>B

E>D>A>C>B
A>C>D>E
D>A>C>B
A=D>C=E>B
After entering the votes here, the winner for this round goes to lotiasite's team! Congrats, and your team will be added to the Hall of Fame and Leaderboard.

I am going to be taking a break with this project as well, due to the fact that I want to contribute to other stuff, and this project hasn't been getting as many submissions and votes recently. Additionally, congrats to Fc and Frito135 for both winning the Leaderboard with 2 wins! :smogduck:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)