Project SS AG Teambuilding Competition [On Hiatus]

The voting phase is now over! Thank you for your votes this round, here they are:
B>D>A>C
B>E>D>C>A
C>A>B>D>E
E>B>C>A>D
C=E>B>D>A
B=C>E>D=A
B>C>E>A>D

After entering the votes here, the winner for this round goes to Frito135's Sticky Web team! Additionally, a leaderboard system will be added to determine who has the most wins for this project.

Round 3 - Calyrex-I
:ss/calyrex-ice:

Calyrex-I is a unique wallbreaker due to its good bulk, great Attack stat, and access to a SubSeed set, which allows it to take on Necrozma-DM. It can threaten the likes of Zygarde-C, Zekrom, Eternatus, and Groudon thanks to its powerful STAB move in Glacial Lance. However, it does need a lot of support, since Calyrex-I is vulnerable to revenge killers such as Zacian-C, Marshadow, Calyrex-S, and offensive Yveltal, bulky Kyogre, and entry hazards like Stealth Rock.

You have until Monday to submit a team built around Calyrex-I.​

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
:calyrex-ice: :ditto: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :zacian-crowned: :eternatus:
Calyrex-I + Protect Zacian-C Balance
Fairly simple but really effective team built around SubSeed Calyrex-I. I built this for UMPL where it won in the replay below, with Calyrex-I putting in some work being really tanky and living multiple hits from Kyurem-W and a boosted NDM. The idea of it was to have Calyrex-I break Dusk Mane for Zacian-C to win late game, and I made it a Protect set instead of Assurance or SD hoping that NDM would be broken already so I didn't have to bait it, and Protect could help improof. Aside from those 2 mons the team rounds out with a standard Yveltal Dusk Mane Eterantus Ditto core, but the Dusk Mane was Defensive DD instead of Stealth Rock. With Calyrex-I being leftovers and Zacian-C not having Assurance I figured I'd be defogging more than I would be trying to keep up rocks, so I went with DD to shore up the super troubling Gothitelle MU which worked wonders in the game I brought it to. Ditto covers for most offensive teams that can easily apply pressure to slower balance mons like Calyrex-I, so I think this team is fairly strong and well rounded.

Replay:
[Gen 8] Anything Goes replay: Fc04 vs. lotiasite ❤ - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Trick Room Calyrex-Ice + Shadow Claw Groudon Balance
:ss/Calyrex-Ice: :ss/Groudon: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk Mane: :ss/Eternatus: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Ditto:

This team is built around Trick Room Calyrex-Ice. The main two checks to Caly-I are NDM and Lunala. I wanted a way to easily bait Lunala, so I added Shadow Claw Groudon. EVs let it get the jump on 8 speed Lunala, and the rest is dumped into hp and attack. Lum Berry lets it shake off a will-o-wisp so that it can remain threatening after Lunala is gone. As for NDM, Groudon easily destroys it, even being able to switch into it a few times. Next, I added NDM, Yveltal, and Eternatus. They’re standard on balance teams due to their ability to check most of the metagame while also providing crucial utility like Stealth Rock and Defog. Lastly, I added Ditto. It’s a great form of speed control that really helps in checking runaway sweepers and possibly even breaking major holes through teams.

(fc’s team is gonna win but give me likes so i can feel better pls kekw)​

:ss/Calyrex-Ice: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
"Frito how are you not gonna submit a team. You used to spam Caly-I." Well the truth is I haven't built with Caly-I much recently, but here is a team I whipped a while ago around the concept of screens + tr.

Lando provides a nice suicide lead to get rocks up and stops most things trying to anti-lead Grimm. Grimm is the best screener currently in galar, so its place here is pretty obvious. PR > Spirit Break to 2kho spdef Yvel trying to Defog away screens reliably, since it can't be taunted. Caly-I and NDM then form the TR offensive core, with both being able to set trick room for themselves. WP allows them to be more threatening without have to waste TR turns by setting up, although NDM has SD to pressure opposing NDM much more. This extra pressure helps Caly-I break through opposing NDM later if NDM is unable to. Ice/Ground hits most of the tier for at least neutral damage, and once NDM is gone, G-Lance is incredibly spammable. CC is there to give a way to boost attack in dynamax. Yveltal improofs both NDM and Caly-I outside of TR with Foul Play OHKO'ing both. The other standard offensive moves allow Yvel to provide an offensive presence outside of the tr core. Xern improofs Yvel and poses another late game threat after NDM and Ditto are removed. Overall a very fun and different way to play HO. (PS it also sits on webs teams and most other HOs)

Sorry for the lack of replay. I definitely have one somewhere, but I'm way too lazy to look through all my alts to try and find it.

Click on the sprites for the Importable

It's time to vote!
1625509419117.png

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Fc
:calyrex-ice: :ditto: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :zacian-crowned: :eternatus:
Calyrex-I + Protect Zacian-C Balance
Fairly simple but really effective team built around SubSeed Calyrex-I. I built this for UMPL where it won in the replay below, with Calyrex-I putting in some work being really tanky and living multiple hits from Kyurem-W and a boosted NDM. The idea of it was to have Calyrex-I break Dusk Mane for Zacian-C to win late game, and I made it a Protect set instead of Assurance or SD hoping that NDM would be broken already so I didn't have to bait it, and Protect could help improof. Aside from those 2 mons the team rounds out with a standard Yveltal Dusk Mane Eterantus Ditto core, but the Dusk Mane was Defensive DD instead of Stealth Rock. With Calyrex-I being leftovers and Zacian-C not having Assurance I figured I'd be defogging more than I would be trying to keep up rocks, so I went with DD to shore up the super troubling Gothitelle MU which worked wonders in the game I brought it to. Ditto covers for most offensive teams that can easily apply pressure to slower balance mons like Calyrex-I, so I think this team is fairly strong and well rounded.

Replay:
[Gen 8] Anything Goes replay: Fc04 vs. lotiasite ❤ - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
Team B by Turtonator44
Trick Room Calyrex-Ice + Shadow Claw Groudon Balance
:ss/Calyrex-Ice: :ss/Groudon: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk Mane: :ss/Eternatus: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Ditto:

This team is built around Trick Room Calyrex-Ice. The main two checks to Caly-I are NDM and Lunala. I wanted a way to easily bait Lunala, so I added Shadow Claw Groudon. EVs let it get the jump on 8 speed Lunala, and the rest is dumped into hp and attack. Lum Berry lets it shake off a will-o-wisp so that it can remain threatening after Lunala is gone. As for NDM, Groudon easily destroys it, even being able to switch into it a few times. Next, I added NDM, Yveltal, and Eternatus. They’re standard on balance teams due to their ability to check most of the metagame while also providing crucial utility like Stealth Rock and Defog. Lastly, I added Ditto. It’s a great form of speed control that really helps in checking runaway sweepers and possibly even breaking major holes through teams.

(fc’s team is gonna win but give me likes so i can feel better pls kekw)​
Team C by Frito135
:ss/Calyrex-Ice: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
"Frito how are you not gonna submit a team. You used to spam Caly-I." Well the truth is I haven't built with Caly-I much recently, but here is a team I whipped a while ago around the concept of screens + tr.

Lando provides a nice suicide lead to get rocks up and stops most things trying to anti-lead Grimm. Grimm is the best screener currently in galar, so its place here is pretty obvious. PR > Spirit Break to 2kho spdef Yvel trying to Defog away screens reliably, since it can't be taunted. Caly-I and NDM then form the TR offensive core, with both being able to set trick room for themselves. WP allows them to be more threatening without have to waste TR turns by setting up, although NDM has SD to pressure opposing NDM much more. This extra pressure helps Caly-I break through opposing NDM later if NDM is unable to. Ice/Ground hits most of the tier for at least neutral damage, and once NDM is gone, G-Lance is incredibly spammable. CC is there to give a way to boost attack in dynamax. Yveltal improofs both NDM and Caly-I outside of TR with Foul Play OHKO'ing both. The other standard offensive moves allow Yvel to provide an offensive presence outside of the tr core. Xern improofs Yvel and poses another late game threat after NDM and Ditto are removed. Overall a very fun and different way to play HO. (PS it also sits on webs teams and most other HOs)

Sorry for the lack of replay. I definitely have one somewhere, but I'm way too lazy to look through all my alts to try and find it.

Click on the sprites for the Importable
You have until Wednesday to vote.

going to also vote myself. A>C>B

The voting phase is now over! Thank you for your votes this round, here they are:
A>C>B
C>A>B
A>B
C=A>B
C=A>B
C=A
C=A>B

After entering the votes here, the winner for this round goes to Fc's team! Congrats, and very nice team as well.

Round 4 - Marshadow
:ss/marshadow:

For this round, we're going to do something a bit less creative, but teambuilding around Marshadow should hopefully be good enough. Marshadow is an incredibly good wallbreaker thanks to its unique and powerful STAB combination, letting it break through most defensive behemoths in the tier. It provides useful speed control with Shadow Sneak, revenge killing Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Zacian-C after major chip damage. Additionally, it can run Ice Punch or Rock Tomb to break through Zygarde or Ho-Oh, respectively, more easily, or it can become a generally good wallbreaker with Bulk Up that mostly capitalizes on forcing switches to set up.

You have until Monday to submit a team built around Marshadow.​

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
triple life orb

:eternatus: :marshadow: :calyrex-shadow: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :yveltal: :zygarde:

https://pokepast.es/05636a6d06d11e1c

one of the most fun teams i've made that i also happen to spam on ladder. the triple life orb core of eternatus + marshadow + zygarde rips every balance apart, and band yveltal helps that also. band yveltal surprises slurpuff, making the webs matchup pretty easy, and in general destroys everything with knock off. marshadow fills an important role as a revenge killer against calyrex-s, which is required when using offensive yveltal. life orb zygarde is broken.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1361426350-8tnmf5b5rqcr8u0gkgfb65hdniegeudpw - vs frozoid
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360935400-tpdaybt4ktu7pwqnew3ca5j0mq74g8spw - vs mile high clubbin
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360694100-yw8jwshea2zq14zqbgqwqyky1bxw0efpw - vs skarph
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360179668-wyhkyenpk4cf68uu9qn6qbqcwsimpghpw - vs frozoid again

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Calyrex-Shadow: :ss/Marshadow: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Kyogre: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

I'm back with another HO team. Surprise, surprise... This originally started out as a meme team with 6 life orbs, but then I realized it was a solid core, so I decided to make it "viable."

Excadrill is the standard suicide lead and manages to 1v1 most other suicide leads while maintaining hazards. Sadly without a suicide move, its reliant on high damage output to be KO'd. Once rocks are down, the offensive assault begins. Caly and Marsh form a dual ghost core that punch massive holes in each others checks while being able to set up pretty freely on a lot of common Excadrill answers. Marsh is Jolly to surprise Eterns/Zac-C creeping adamant, as well as reliably revenging opposing adamant Marsh. Yveltal helps improof both of them and allows for a pseudo-Caly check. Hone Claws is capable of 6-0'ing teams on its own as there really isn't a great switch in outside of Zac-C, which gets revenged by most of the team after eating a +1 Sucker. NDM helps deal with Zac-C and provides another set up sweeper threat once Ditto has been weakened/ removed. Kyogre is the last piece to this team, adding some much needed speed control as well as a switch into opposing Kyogres. Pretty bog-standard HO although it utilizes BU Marsh really well.

No replay again because I'm too lazy to check my alts for some bad ladder player losing to this.

:Ss/Slurpuff::ss/Marshadow::ss/Kyogre::ss/dracovish::ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::ss/xerneas:
Webs ho go brrrr. Webs allows marsh to oustpeed zacian, after bulk up it can deal huge damage to opposing mons. Kyogre with specs hits hard and 2hkos most stuff except kyurem white. Cb dracovish help fish hits hard. Ndm is ndm.and xerneas is the geo sweeper. Hope everyone has a good day and their ogres scald always burns:blobnom:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
SwagShadow Balance
:ferrothorn: :marshadow: :kyogre: :yveltal: :eternatus: :necrozma-dusk-mane:

Wanted to build around a more fun Marshadow set instead of just pasting a tour used team, and this one feels pretty solid and has a lot of wincons that are really potent. Swagger Marshadow is a high maintenance as well as a somewhat risky pick, but here I think it's built to thrive. Swagger Marshadow accomplishes 2 things; sweeping when opponents have to stay in / get haxed, and forcing switches. With that in mind the first mon I added was phys.def Ferrothorn. It sets Spikes which heavily punish switches, and its natural defensive capabilities are always nice for a team. I opted for Curse + Knock > ID + BP because it helps with the caly mu and knocking off boots for Spikes and rocks to chip at stuff. The other thing Marshadow appreciates similar to Spikes is paralysis, letting it hax more mons and outspeed faster threats it can't Swagger down. That's the reason for Force Palm on Marshadow, as well as the next mon, Sub CM Twave Kyogre. Another incredible wincon, this set beats all the fast Kyogre checks like Eternatus and even Kyu-W with a little yellow magic, but struggles against Ferrothorn and Blissey, something Spikes + Marshadow covers for. The next 2 mons are standard, fast Yvel to prevent Defog and check caly, with Sucker bc Marshadow has no priority, and standard boots etern with Dtail for chipping with hazards. Last mon was Dusk Mane, with Twave and Stealth Rock to help Marshadow with the 2 things it likes having the most. I think this team is fairly well rounded, it looks pretty standard but when it gets going the Marshadow can be a huge surprise wincon.

It's time to vote!
1626130050768.png

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by lotiasite
triple life orb

:eternatus: :marshadow: :calyrex-shadow: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :yveltal: :zygarde:

https://pokepast.es/05636a6d06d11e1c

one of the most fun teams i've made that i also happen to spam on ladder. the triple life orb core of eternatus + marshadow + zygarde rips every balance apart, and band yveltal helps that also. band yveltal surprises slurpuff, making the webs matchup pretty easy, and in general destroys everything with knock off. marshadow fills an important role as a revenge killer against calyrex-s, which is required when using offensive yveltal. life orb zygarde is broken.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1361426350-8tnmf5b5rqcr8u0gkgfb65hdniegeudpw - vs frozoid
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360935400-tpdaybt4ktu7pwqnew3ca5j0mq74g8spw - vs mile high clubbin
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360694100-yw8jwshea2zq14zqbgqwqyky1bxw0efpw - vs skarph
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1360179668-wyhkyenpk4cf68uu9qn6qbqcwsimpghpw - vs frozoid again
Team B by Frito135
:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Calyrex-Shadow: :ss/Marshadow: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Kyogre: :ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

I'm back with another HO team. Surprise, surprise... This originally started out as a meme team with 6 life orbs, but then I realized it was a solid core, so I decided to make it "viable."

Excadrill is the standard suicide lead and manages to 1v1 most other suicide leads while maintaining hazards. Sadly without a suicide move, its reliant on high damage output to be KO'd. Once rocks are down, the offensive assault begins. Caly and Marsh form a dual ghost core that punch massive holes in each others checks while being able to set up pretty freely on a lot of common Excadrill answers. Marsh is Jolly to surprise Eterns/Zac-C creeping adamant, as well as reliably revenging opposing adamant Marsh. Yveltal helps improof both of them and allows for a pseudo-Caly check. Hone Claws is capable of 6-0'ing teams on its own as there really isn't a great switch in outside of Zac-C, which gets revenged by most of the team after eating a +1 Sucker. NDM helps deal with Zac-C and provides another set up sweeper threat once Ditto has been weakened/ removed. Kyogre is the last piece to this team, adding some much needed speed control as well as a switch into opposing Kyogres. Pretty bog-standard HO although it utilizes BU Marsh really well.

No replay again because I'm too lazy to check my alts for some bad ladder player losing to this.
Team C by The gaming attack
:Ss/Slurpuff::ss/Marshadow::ss/Kyogre::ss/dracovish::ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::ss/xerneas:
Webs ho go brrrr. Webs allows marsh to oustpeed zacian, after bulk up it can deal huge damage to opposing mons. Kyogre with specs hits hard and 2hkos most stuff except kyurem white. Cb dracovish help fish hits hard. Ndm is ndm.and xerneas is the geo sweeper. Hope everyone has a good day and their ogres scald always burns:blobnom:
Team D by Fc
SwagShadow Balance
:ferrothorn: :marshadow: :kyogre: :yveltal: :eternatus: :necrozma-dusk-mane:

Wanted to build around a more fun Marshadow set instead of just pasting a tour used team, and this one feels pretty solid and has a lot of wincons that are really potent. Swagger Marshadow is a high maintenance as well as a somewhat risky pick, but here I think it's built to thrive. Swagger Marshadow accomplishes 2 things; sweeping when opponents have to stay in / get haxed, and forcing switches. With that in mind the first mon I added was phys.def Ferrothorn. It sets Spikes which heavily punish switches, and its natural defensive capabilities are always nice for a team. I opted for Curse + Knock > ID + BP because it helps with the caly mu and knocking off boots for Spikes and rocks to chip at stuff. The other thing Marshadow appreciates similar to Spikes is paralysis, letting it hax more mons and outspeed faster threats it can't Swagger down. That's the reason for Force Palm on Marshadow, as well as the next mon, Sub CM Twave Kyogre. Another incredible wincon, this set beats all the fast Kyogre checks like Eternatus and even Kyu-W with a little yellow magic, but struggles against Ferrothorn and Blissey, something Spikes + Marshadow covers for. The next 2 mons are standard, fast Yvel to prevent Defog and check caly, with Sucker bc Marshadow has no priority, and standard boots etern with Dtail for chipping with hazards. Last mon was Dusk Mane, with Twave and Stealth Rock to help Marshadow with the 2 things it likes having the most. I think this team is fairly well rounded, it looks pretty standard but when it gets going the Marshadow can be a huge surprise wincon.
You have until Wednesday to vote.

will vote once again: B>A>D>C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)