Project SS AG Next Best Thing [On Hiatus]

The winner for this week goes to cromagnet and his Choice Specs set! Good job, your set will now be added to the Hall of Fame and you will be included on the leaderboard.

Week 11 - Mewtwo
:ss/mewtwo:

Mewtwo is a pretty niche yet scary wallbreaker, tearing apart defensive cores with its access to Nasty Plot, colorful coverage, and a great Speed tier on top of that, outpacing bulky Zacian-C. Stalltwo sets are very uncommon, but they are capable of shutting down Yveltal + Necrozma-DM + Eternatus cores with the combination of Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Pressure, and Recover. Mewtwo has a good movepool, so I expect some creative sets to be posted.

Banned sets

Voting will begin on Sunday.​

:bw/mewtwo:
Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Recover/Ice Beam
- Taunt

Taunt mewtwo, stalls worst nightmare, able to stop a cheeky xernsweep, beat ho-oh easily, and in general practically no defensive counterplay in the ubers meta. Besides the gratinas that get chipped anyway and aren't very used. Oh and defensive zekrom :P, which u can use icebeam over recover to beat since lefties gives u some nice longevity anyway. Holy shit yveltal. Ya'll don't vote for this set. Please.

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Mewtwo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 136 Def / 240 SpA / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Trick / Focus Blast

While Mewtwo as an offensive breaker's not as prevalent as Calyrex-S, it can still really pack a punch. Psystrike's an easily clickable nuke that can heavily chip most Pokemon. Ice Beam and Fire Blast are great coverage options that chiefly nail Yveltal and Necrozma-DM respectively. Trick shuts down the few Pokemon that can more easily switch in against Mewtwo; these include Ho-Oh and Tyranitar. Alternatively Focus Blast can nail Tyranitar and rarer Psychic-type checks like Umbreon. The EV spread given outspeeds Modest offensive Eternatus, Adamant Marshadow, and standard Zacian-C, while offering more bulk to have a good chance if surviving a Behemoth Blade from an offensive Zacian-C and to live a Shadow Sneak from Choice Band Marshadow.

+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 0 HP / 136 Def Mewtwo: 310-366 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 136 Def Mewtwo: 336-396 (95.1 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 136 Def Mewtwo: 296-350 (83.8 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

240 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo Fire Blast vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 360-424 (97 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 242-286 (53.1 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Groudon: 362-426 (53 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo Fire Blast vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Calyrex-Shadow Rider: 203-239 (57.6 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 428-504 (105.9 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mewtwo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Ice Beam / Will-O-Wisp

WeeEEEEE fun gimmick inbound! You come in on uh something (like ndm or spdef yveltal if you have willo!) and cripple it then click future sight then teleport out to a breaker! Fsight support lets something like Scarf Kyogre bust through either Eternatus or Kyurem-W, or lets Zacian-C break Quagsire or Necrozma-DM. Ice beam and willo can both be used; ice beam lets you pressure Yveltal, Eternatus, and Zygarde, and Willo lets you pressure Necrozma-DM and Yveltal. Boots with hp investment let it serve as a sort of budget stalltwo that pressures Eternatus while not being chipped by hazards. This is a really cool set but the odds are it won't do jack squat in most matchups so use it at your own risk.

Last edited:
Mewtwo @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Guard Swap
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Thunder

The Anti-Ygod sweeper Mewtwo!! Outspeed the SpDef Yveltal, go for Guard Swap to get rid of your shitty ass defenses and replace them with much much better ones, be able to set up nasty plot, and go ham with Hurricane and Thunder as a Dynamax Sweeper option! Yeah it's shit, but it's creative so please vote!!

Rain abuser Mewtwo

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Rain Dance/Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Thunder

Here we have a Rain abuser Mewtwo with the use of Hurricane+Thunder that have an high base power (perfect when Dynamaxing) and a god secondary effect.
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 260-307 (57 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (this 2HKO is huge)
The manual weather is the "worst" move of the 4, but it has some uses because it gets rid of annoying weather such as Sun and Sandstorm, but not forget Snow for Aurora Veil.
If you have already a weather setter, just use Ice Beam to complement Psystrike as 100%-accuracy moves.

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Beatboxing_Phantom says
☆Beatboxing_Phantom: the miss sucked, but that set is heat

Mewthree (Mewtwo) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Atk / 124 Def / 54 SpA / 54 SpD / 30 Spe
- Aura Sphere
- Expanding Force
- Psychic Terrain
- Psystrike

The combination of psychic terrain, psychic seed, and expanding force makes this mewtwo beat everything. Expanding force gets boosted by terrain and m2 can't be revenged by priority or special attacks. This set hits an impressive 303 speed, enabling it to creep excadrill and neutral speed base 90s. The unnerve ability prevents the use of payapa berry, stopping this from happening. Aura sphere is the coverage move allowing you to do 19% to yveltal and beat ttar. This set is truly trancends mewtwo and becomes mewthree.

Maxomega

supra ludio
Mewtwo @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Guard Swap
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Thunder

The Anti-Ygod sweeper Mewtwo!! Outspeed the SpDef Yveltal, go for Guard Swap to get rid of your shitty ass defenses and replace them with much much better ones, be able to set up nasty plot, and go ham with Hurricane and Thunder as a Dynamax Sweeper option! Yeah it's shit, but it's creative so please vote!!
Sorry to tell you this, but Guard Swap doesn't work as you're telling. Indeed, "Guard Swap: The user swaps its Defense and Special Defense stat stage changes with the target."
This means, it swaps changes and not stats. For example: if Yveltal has a +2 boost in Defense, and Mewtwo used one Calm Mind, by using Guard Swap, Yveltal gets +1 boost in Special Defense and Mewtwo gets +2 boost in Defense.

Yeah I know, it's disappointing but it's like that. I tried to use this move months ago (probably in February / March), because I noticed Calyrex-S has this move. And if Guard Swap had the effect of swaping the stats and not the boosts, if you give Calyrex-S 0 IVs in SpD and a minus Nature in SpD, Hyper Beam Life Orb would do around 80%.

The set was this one:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Guard Swap
- Astral Barrage
- Draining Kiss
- Hyper Beam
(You wouldn't need Psyshock, because Guard Swap into Draining Kiss would deal good damages to Blissey).

Here's the calc (minimum SpD Calyrex-S is 184, so I put a Nature minus SpD and gave 4 IVs to Yveltal to equal this stat):
252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 325-383 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But I imagined this set for Ubers, so in AG, Calyrex-S could just Dynamax and destroy Yveltal:
252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Max Starfall vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 434-512 (95.3 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Finally, the only move that allows to change the Defense stats is Guard Split, it averages the Defense stats between the two Pokemon (but it's less powerful than swaping stats).

Sorry to tell you this, but Guard Swap doesn't work as you're telling. Indeed, "Guard Swap: The user swaps its Defense and Special Defense stat stage changes with the target."
This means, it swaps changes and not stats. For example: if Yveltal has a +2 boost in Defense, and Mewtwo used one Calm Mind, by using Guard Swap, Yveltal gets +1 boost in Special Defense and Mewtwo gets +2 boost in Defense.

Yeah I know, it's disappointing but it's like that. I tried to use this move months ago (probably in February / March), because I noticed Calyrex-S has this move. And if Guard Swap had the effect of swaping the stats and not the boosts, if you give Calyrex-S 0 IVs in SpD and a minus Nature in SpD, Hyper Beam Life Orb would do around 80%.

The set was this one:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Guard Swap
- Astral Barrage
- Draining Kiss
- Hyper Beam
(You wouldn't need Psyshock, because Guard Swap into Draining Kiss would deal good damages to Blissey).

Here's the calc (minimum SpD Calyrex-S is 184, so I put a Nature minus SpD and gave 4 IVs to Yveltal to equal this stat):
252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 325-383 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But I imagined this set for Ubers, so in AG, Calyrex-S could just Dynamax and destroy Yveltal:
252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Max Starfall vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 434-512 (95.3 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Finally, the only move that allows to change the Defense stats is Guard Split, it averages the Defense stats between the two Pokemon (but it's less powerful than swaping stats).
Damn, you're right. Gosh it's been a rough week. I withdraw my submission.

Beatboxing_Phantom says
☆Beatboxing_Phantom: the miss sucked, but that set is heat

Mewthree (Mewtwo) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Atk / 124 Def / 54 SpA / 54 SpD / 30 Spe
- Aura Sphere
- Expanding Force
- Psychic Terrain
- Psystrike

The combination of psychic terrain, psychic seed, and expanding force makes this mewtwo beat everything. Expanding force gets boosted by terrain and m2 can't be revenged by priority or special attacks. This set hits an impressive 303 speed, enabling it to creep excadrill and neutral speed base 90s. The unnerve ability prevents the use of payapa berry, stopping this from happening. Aura sphere is the coverage move allowing you to do 19% to yveltal and beat ttar. This set is truly trancends mewtwo and becomes mewthree.
I was not expecting to have that quoted ngl, I dont even remember when I said that, but im not complaining lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)