Project SS AG Next Best Thing [On Hiatus]

Fc wins yet another week with his Laser Focus set! Your submission will be added to the Hall of Fame and Leaderboard now.

Week 6 - Zygarde
:ss/zygarde:

Zygarde is able to act as one of AG's premier physically defensive walls and a threatening setup sweeper and wincon with Dragon Dance. Defense Zygarde-C can check various offensive threats such as Groudon, Marshadow lacking Ice Punch, and Zacian-C lacking Play Rough, while setting up on opposing walls like Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn with Coil. Dragon Dance sets are able to do the same thing, while using Dynamax effectively thanks to Max Quake + Max Wyrmwind.

Banned sets

Voting phase starts on June 20th, 3 PM GMT-4.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Full PP Stall Demon
:ss/Zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Spite
- Toxic
- Rest

I'm not usually a fan of submitting this kind of set, but Zygarde hasn't got a lot of other serious options, so what can I do? Basically the idea is that Zygarde can use its insane bulk and Thousand Waves to trap weaker Pokemon (used over Block for more PP and being able to do something when Taunted, though you could use Block to deal with Flying type Pokemon) and then PP stall them with Spite, Toxic, and Rest. Good teammates are anything that likes having foes ranging from defensive Necrozma-DM to opposing non-Substitute Zygarde-C trapped and eliminated.

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Double Team + Bright Powder DD

:ss/zygarde-complete:
Zygarde @ Bright Powder
EVs: 16 HP / 120 Atk / 128 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Double Team

Any mon becomes infinitely more viable if you put double team on it. This set aims to just dodge everything and sweep. Bright Powder gives you a solid natural way to dodge moves before boosting, and if you can get double teams off at minimum this thing probably forces a dynamax to beat it which is worth since it can usuaully sub down or live dyna hits and stall it anyway. The EVs outspeed Caly-S at +1 and never have complete forms sub broken by defensive NDM Sunteel in case it does get some hits in on you. Evasion does its thing sometimes so this set can easily just win games on the spot when you dodge, it's similar to regular DD but more RNG involved.

Last edited:
Aura Break Zygarde

Zygarde @ Focus Sash/Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Glare
- Pain Split
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Here we have a particular Zygarde with a underrated set because I only use its 50% form which has one trait over the 100% one: base 95 Spe.
Three moves are common between two main variations and are Thousand Arrows, which is the main STAB and the most spammable move we could wish for. Extreme Speed is the priority move useful to revenge kill some weakened threats.
Pain Split is here to circumvent Intimidate and burns, while recharging some hp in the process.
As 4th move my first choice is Focus Sash + Glare in order to spam a detrimental status all around with 100% accuracy that hits Gound-type threats. It seems too good to pass up considering the support it provides.
  • I really like Focus Sash in order to emergency check something (but we need perfect hazards control) but even Soft Sand is useful to hit a little harder.
  • Here Aura Break is superior than Power Construct because it allows 50% Zygarde to keep its higher base Spe and doesn't make Pain Split less powerful. It is not that great, but it isn't shabby either considering that helps in the MU towards Xerneas and Yveltal.
The EVs spread is a basic offensive one in order to hit as fast(ish)&hard as possible.

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Full PP Stall Demon
:ss/Zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Spite
- Toxic
- Rest

I'm not usually a fan of submitting this kind of set, but Zygarde hasn't got a lot of other serious options, so what can I do? Basically the idea is that Zygarde can use its insane bulk and Thousand Waves to trap weaker Pokemon (used over Block for more PP and being able to do something when Taunted, though you could use Block to deal with Flying type Pokemon) and then PP stall them with Spite, Toxic, and Rest. Good teammates are anything that likes having foes ranging from defensive Necrozma-DM to opposing non-Substitute Zygarde-C trapped and eliminated.
this one

The votes were pretty close, but Fc wins this week with his Double Team + Bright Powder set! As always, your set will be added to the Leaderboard and Hall of Fame.

Week 7 - Marshadow
:ss/marshadow:

Marshadow is an amazing wallbreaker, capable of tearing apart defensive cores with its amazing and powerful STAB combination, useful coverage options, and good Speed tier. It can take on checks like Zygarde and Ho-Oh with Ice Punch and Rock Tomb, respectively, while Shadow Sneak is useful for revenge killing Calyrex-S. Marshadow can perform the role of an immediately threatening wallbreaker with Choice Band, or use a Life Orb set to switch around moves and potentially use Bulk Up.

Banned sets

The voting phase for Marshadow will start on Sunday.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)