Project SS 1v1 Teambuilding Lab (OPEN FOR REQUESTS)

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
requesting a team around kommo-o
Hey, hey! I did your team!

:Kommo-o: :aromatisse: :entei:
(click on sprites for import)
Anyways I started with Kommo-o as it was the requested Pokemon, it's a pretty good stall breaker, and has good matchups against most physical attackers in the tier, you also beat Sylveon by subbing turn 1 (blocks beam, and soundproof blocks hyper voice), into ID 3x (if they psyshock) then Body Press twice . Its typing leaves it weak to Fairy- and Dragon-type Pokemon which Aromatisse handle pretty well. I tried my best picking another Pokemon since Aromatisse is really hard to use but any other Pokemon but that just made the list harder. Aromatisse can handle all fairies including Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, and Togekiss pretty well. So while using Aromatisse you want to nearly always encore turn one to cover trick, setup or weak attacks. There's surely instance where you don't Encore such as against Urshifu and Zeraora (probably Zarude too) where you should Trick Room. Against hard hitting obvious choiced Pokemon you just disable turn 1. I think in most cases you shouldn't disable the setup move and just lock them in the setup while you Moonblast. Also there's a specific sequence you do against Trick users so if you don't know it lmk and I'll send you it. Entei covers the Steel-type Pokemon that Kommo-o can't beat such as Celesteela and Metagross, it also covers opposing Aromatisse, and act as another Togekiss check. If you feel like clicking against Dragapult and Naganadel is hard you could change Kommo-o to the Haban Scales Shot set. This team is 3-0ed by Specs Porygon-Z and 252+ Specs Necrozma otherwise you should be fine. I had fun building it, hope you like it! n_n

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, can I have a Keldeo team?
:keldeo: :zarude: :metagross:

Bad Cough (Keldeo) @ Black Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 48 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Rude Awakening (Zarude) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Darkest Lariat
- Power Whip
- Encore

Grossly Meta (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 52 Def / 44 SpD
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Psychic
Keldeo is called 'bad cough' bc it is a little hoarse get it
Fighting/Dark/Psychic is one of those iconic triangles, but I don't think I've built a team with it before now. I obviously started with Keldeo, using a Black Belt set for Goodra reliability (two +1 secret swords should now kill maxdef goodra). EVs let it tank a hit from adamant band urshifu and outspeed nihilego. It's also the team's band garchomp check, although it has to hit two hydro pumps for that matchup.

With Keld taking care of Volcanion/Goodra/DarmG/Glastrier/Kyurem and fires, I decided to run Zarude as a second mon. It covers psychics, electrics, and nearly every grass in the meta, as well as some top tiers like zygarde, dragapult, and spectrier. I briefly considered Superpower Zarude to take care of Kartana and Magnezone, but losing reliability versus Ferrothorn, Disablepult, and Toxic Zygarde really hurt.

With the remaining threatlist being fairies, flyings, fightings, regidrago, naganadel, magnezone, and porygon-z, a fighting-neutral steel of some kind seemed most useful. I considered a few Metagross and Celesteela sets before settling on this, which runs Psychic to reliably beat ZapG, Counter Sawk, and Kommo-O. The physical bulk tanks two Outrages from Band Regidrago, while the attack investment lets Metagross kill bulky Clefable with a Bullet Punch into Meteor Mash. The remainder is put in special bulk for the moltG roll.

This team suffers from a few poor matchups, most notably against Kartana and Moltres-Galar. It also struggles to beat LO Zapdos and Specs Celesteela, though those Pokemon are much rarer. Bulky CC Zeraora sets can be a bit annoying, though Zarude should be able to handle them with some prediction.

You can also run a bog-standard custap magnezone with 80 spd and body press (both required to reliably beat other zones) in the last slot, which covers nearly everything (except LO protect zapdos) but unfortunately causes the team to be 3-0d by regidrago. Save it for a future ban, I guess.

Last edited:

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
requesting my man raboot
Hello~ I made you the team!
tagging SwordIsBored cause they also wanted one.

:raboot: :aromatisse: :celesteela:

Surely we 3-0 tapu fini. The requested Pokemon is Raboot, while I don't think it's a good Pokemon it actually does some stuff for the team here. It beats Venusaur, Celesteela, Metagross, and offensive Rillaboom (Gunk shot to not get blitz recoil and lose to hammer kek since u don't KO) I also made it Jolly to outspeed max speed venusaur otherwise venu wins. Aroma beats all/most Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokemon, already made a more detailed aroma chart above, tho with Helmet you 100% win the Registeel matchup and Urshifu. Celesteela goated mon with occa berry+EQ you beat volcanion, heatran, and naganadel. Against non balloon heatran protect to scout eruption/fireblast, against volcanion and naga seed turn 1 then tect/eq spam. If you need more info, you can always tag/dm me on discord!

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
requesting a team with custap celes ye airfare
:celesteela: :zygarde: :azumarill:

Tree of Life (Celesteela) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 60 Def / 140 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Endure
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Blast
- Megahorn

World Serpent (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows

Cosmic Egg (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off

Custap Celesteela is EVd to tank two band regidrago Outrages, as well as a Modest Specs Naganadel Fire Blast, respectively 3hkoing and 2hkoing these Pokemon with Heavy Slam. Fire Blast covers Ferrothorn and Kartana, while also letting it 2hko Band Thunder Punch Metagross (if you aren't afraid of this set then Flamethrower is generally better). Megahorn is a bit of an oddball move that 2hkos Zarude and 3hkos Cresselia, providing the team with an answer to those threats. Unlike many other Custap mons, Celesteela is bulky enough to tank a hit from most mons not called Darm-G, meaning it should usually attack rather than Endure t1.

SubToxic zygarde beats many of the Fire- and Electric-type pokemon that threaten Celesteela, like Zeraora, Volcanion, Magnezone, and Heatran. Its high speed and Substitute access also protects the team from Subseed Venusaur, and Toxic lets it wear down a large number of bulky pokemon (complementing Celesteela, who matches up better against glass cannons and other all-out attackers). Celesteela + Zygarde is a pretty cool core in general, and works for different sets as well.

Lastly, to beat some dragon-types like Dragapult and Band Garchomp, as well as Urshifu, Glastrier, Registeel, Volcarona, and Zapdos-Galar, I decided to throw in Azumarill. Azu is a pretty underused fairy right now that can handle would-be fairy answers like AV registeel and glastrier rather easily. Knock Off gives it a workable Spectrier matchup, while Liquidation beats ID Registeel.

This team's main weaknesses are Taunt Whimsicott and Encore Counter Clefable: the latter is quite rare but the former commonly pops up on ladder. Running Encore over Liquidation on Azumarill is an option to trip those pokemon up (while still beating ID registeel), but I'm not about to make 'water/fairies not running dual stabs' my thing so decide for yourself there. Sadly dropping Jet makes Band Garchomp a bit of a roll for Azu, but each of these mons scares it at preview and it's therefore unlikely to get clicked often.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requesting a team around speces kyurem.. :)
hiiii, I hope you enjoy this speces Kyurem team n_n
:kyurem::volcarona::tapu fini:
hurts 2 hate (Kyurem) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 164 SpA / 192 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Heavy Weather (Volcarona) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpA / 52 SpD
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Overheat
- Endure

Itsy Bitsy (Tapu Fini) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpA / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

If people are running Psychic Seed Lele you can run
Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Def / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
Obviously started off with speces Kyurem like you asked. It got surprisingly good mus compared to what I expected it to beat including having a very good Fini matchup. From there I looked for something to cover stuff like Darmg, Sylveon, and have some access to set up or stall breaking. I originally tried making a cool Heatran set but unfortunately I failed to make it beat Metagross and Darmg while still covering the other things I wanted it to. This Volcarona is something I really enjoy using on ladder. It's bulked for a band zera fists and a Specs Naganadel Draco. Fini was the third because the team looked really weak to fires, but it still needed a reliable Urshifu and dragon check. Fini was picked over Primarina and Azu because it's the best at handling stall.

This team is cool, but since it is 3 special attackers it does have some clear flaws. Chansey, Nihilego, and Lele all cause issues with this team although Lele is the only relevant one on ladder. If you want to have better odds vs those I would recommend trying a quirky ID Body Press Heatran set or maybe a different third. Additionally, your Fini mu does require a bit of deduction to figure out. Kyurem should handle most, if not all, non Scarf Finis while your own Fini should handle the scarf variants.

Edit: Update on the team since I took it to ladder, managed to hit top 10 with it (and a bit of set swapping because fuck @ person running AV zeraora). Took a bit of getting used to with clicking and whatnot, but if you cycle the sets around it's really solid.

Last edited:

cold illusions

Banned deucer.
hiiii, I hope you enjoy this speces Kyurem team n_n
:kyurem::volcarona::tapu fini:
hurts 2 hate (Kyurem) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 164 SpA / 192 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Heavy Weather (Volcarona) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpA / 52 SpD
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Overheat
- Endure

Itsy Bitsy (Tapu Fini) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpA / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

If people are running Psychic Seed Lele you can run
Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Def / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
Obviously started off with speces Kyurem like you asked. It got surprisingly good mus compared to what I expected it to beat including having a very good Fini matchup. From there I looked for something to cover stuff like Darmg, Sylveon, and have some access to set up or stall breaking. I originally tried making a cool Heatran set but unfortunately I failed to make it beat Metagross and Darmg while still covering the other things I wanted it to. This Volcarona is something I really enjoy using on ladder. It's bulked for a band zera fists and a Specs Naganadel Draco. Fini was the third because the team looked really weak to fires, but it still needed a reliable Urshifu and dragon check. Fini was picked over Primarina and Azu because it's the best at handling stall.

This team is cool, but since it is 3 special attackers it does have some clear flaws. Chansey, Nihilego, and Lele all cause issues with this team although Lele is the only relevant one on ladder. If you want to have better odds vs those I would recommend trying a quirky ID Body Press Heatran set or maybe a different third. Additionally, your Fini mu does require a bit of deduction to figure out. Kyurem should handle most, if not all, non Scarf Finis while your own Fini should handle the scarf variants.

Edit: Update on the team since I took it to ladder, managed to hit top 10 with it (and a bit of set swapping because fuck @ person running AV zeraora). Took a bit of getting used to with clicking and whatnot, but if you cycle the sets around it's really solid.
Ty :)

cold illusions

Banned deucer.
Hello~ I made you the team!
tagging SwordIsBored cause they also wanted one.

:raboot: :aromatisse: :celesteela:

Surely we 3-0 tapu fini. The requested Pokemon is Raboot, while I don't think it's a good Pokemon it actually does some stuff for the team here. It beats Venusaur, Celesteela, Metagross, and offensive Rillaboom (Gunk shot to not get blitz recoil and lose to hammer kek since u don't KO) I also made it Jolly to outspeed max speed venusaur otherwise venu wins. Aroma beats all/most Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokemon, already made a more detailed aroma chart above, tho with Helmet you 100% win the Registeel matchup and Urshifu. Celesteela goated mon with occa berry+EQ you beat volcanion, heatran, and naganadel. Against non balloon heatran protect to scout eruption/fireblast, against volcanion and naga seed turn 1 then tect/eq spam. If you need more info, you can always tag/dm me on discord!
Heyo, deg if you replace celesteela with flame thrower dose earthquake it would be better because that team loses to avalugg!!! :D
Here's the proof:: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1402117388-uw46cyw34zx6a3xubwsojgx2paq43k8pw g1
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1402120040-v8k80292lc7dyf8jmienzliro16cq61pw g2
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1402120579-jzk5cxfq9nu7w2fjk4e0x8bxrd8cjbnpw g3
And here is the set :: https://pokepast.es/0a9b7d0dd0bd3105
BTW all team have a weakness so enjoy it & sorry deg maybe I hurt your feelings!! :(

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
Impish avalugg wins but it's much less common than adamant and mostly good in a few niche matchups like the mirror.

Also Impish has worse rolls vs celesteela so it might not be a 3-0 anyway.

(it's also a good idea to send example battles as replays instead, because takes less time to load. You can just copypaste the link it gives you after you save the replay or replace 'play' with 'replay' in the url above)

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
Requesting a team with dracovish & roserade!! :)
Stealth FWG
:dracovish: :roserade: :darmanitan-galar-zen:

Fallen Fish (Dracovish) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Rock Tomb
- Psychic Fangs

Roses are Blue (Roserade) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sludge Bomb

Monke? (Darmanitan-Galar) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Zen Mode
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Endure
- Encore

The request having 2 mons instead of 1 made this a bit awkward to build: the resulting team isn't as perfect as I'd like but I do think you'll be happy with it.

Dracovish+Roserade is a very simple core that has inherent synergy. Roserade beats everything slow, while Dracovish handles faster threats like spectrier, band urshifu, entei, etc. Roserade also tackles water- and fairy-types that threaten dracovish. It's EVd for a scarf haxorus outrage. Dracovish is pretty self-explanatory, but its third and fourth move deserve further attention: Rock Tomb is a neat tech that gives okay odds versus scarf togekiss (at least those not carrying Dazzling Gleam) and Scarf DarmG, while Psychic Fangs improves the team's Urshifu-Rapid matchup. Leech Life can be used over either of those to beat Zarude a bit more reliably, though most players will probably assume it loses to roserade (it doesn't) and refrain from picking it in the first place.

The third mon is zen mode darmanitan-galar, which has just the right combination of traits to work here. Its Ice stab scares off dragons, Flare Blitz takes care of Ferrothorn and Kartana, and with Endure Salac it can lure in a bunch of faster threats that naturally match up well against scarf dracovish+roserade (scarf kartana, scarf haxorus, dragapult, most zeraora). In addition, it has Encore to mess up stall mons like Necrozma, Cresselia, Gcors, and to a lesser extent Registeel.

The team is a bit awkward against Rock Blast Aggron and tends to lose to Chansey. A number of mons, like Urshifu, Volcanion, and Zeraora, may require setguesses to some extent. The Regidrago matchup also isn't great, but seeing three possible answers at preview should give most pause before clicking their drago.

Note that while testing this I ended up clicking roserade like 90% of the time, idk if it's because ladder loves bulky mons or if everyone just goes their vish answer.

Last edited:
Requesting sudowoodo
:sudowoodo::ferrothorn::moltres-galar:
https://pokepast.es/61d0a8b4d660afb8

opted for rock blast to beat sub users like zapdos and entei and counter just as a miscellaneously useful move. molt-g made an obvious partner since it does well against the fightings ghosts volcanion and necrozma that sudo is unable to touch and it appreciates toge and glast being handled. leech seed ferro is able to check regidrago, most stall and the remaining fairies of fini, sylv, aroma, and bulu. main awkward matchups are zeraora and zapdos-g which entail setguessing/5050ing.

Requesting a team around disable dragapult
Requesting Darmanitan (the OG fire-type one)
:dragapult::darmanitan::tapu bulu:
https://pokepast.es/075ebe50be190225

pult + 2 fairy checks woo, chose bulu since it beats fini/darks/zera and its underrated rn. disable helps with choice attackers like haxorus and scarf darm-g while bulk up makes the mu against glast/lugg better compared to sd. darm is able to round out the team by taking care of toge and sylv, spd is so you can flare blitz after tricking on specs sylv hyper beam. team technically has to setguess darm-g and the lando mu can be awkward.

hope yall enjoy

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
requesting a team around rillaboom leech seed set
Doubles as a bonus team for:
Requesting Darmanitan (the OG fire-type one)
Wow Charm That's Such An Original FWG Team
:rillaboom: :tapu fini: :darmanitan:
I Have Returned (Rillaboom) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 120 SpD / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Drum Beating

Sequestered Sea (Tapu Fini) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 44 SpA / 12 SpD / 140 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind

Vic's Big Bro (Darmanitan) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Trick
- Rest
Rillaboom is the team's solid all-around subseeder, Drum Beating helps against pokemon like Lando-T and Tapu Lele, while Protect ensures you can beat magnezone and eases up on the prediction in some matchups. It's also a solid physical wall, allowing it to beat strong physical pokemon like Aggron and Crustle quite comfortably.

Fini is the fire- and dragon-beater, with a special set that tries to maximize the odds against Goodra and Volcanion (otherwise immense dangers to any FWG team). Against volcanion Fini should CM twice into Stored Power (scarf volcanion is instead beaten by clicking stored power twice, but it's rare), while against Goodra it should spam moonblast or CM into two moonblasts (latter is a bit more consistent, former threatens a drop and is better vs rare faster goodras). Stored Power also works amusingly well against cautious Venusaurs that click Sludge Bomb t1 (as would otherwise be the optimal play), as well as a few other quirky poisons (like toxapex, vileplume, and the scarf nagas that ladder apparently runs).

A fire type naturally covered the weaknesses of these two pokemon, and scarf darmanitan stood out for its ability to also deal with scarf togekiss, naganadel, zapdos, band darm-g and nihilego. It made the team look like the most basic FWG ever but hey, a team's a team. Darm also improves the stall matchup considerably, thanks to its access to Trick (note that versus Counter users Trick+Rest lets you barely exhaust their Counter pp before you're forced to attack). It's Adamant rather than Jolly to improve Zapdos, Cresselia, and Glastrier rolls, but if those matchups don't concern you it's possible to run Jolly anyway and 50-50 scarf gdarm. You can run the spd set that bird posted above, btw, I now realize that's useful against sylveon.

Aside from the scarf/nonscarf volcanion setguess you also have to watch out for registeel (generally loses to darm but rilla is better for dealing with AV). Some of the WP zapdos-galar sets might be a bit annoying as well, and require outplaying with fini (darm also has a fair shot at those).

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
requesting a team around the articuno with the assault vest
:articuno: :tapu koko: :ferrothorn:

Snow In April (Articuno) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 216 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Ice Shard
- Mirror Coat

Shock 'n Awe (Tapu Koko) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Defense
- Taunt

Garden Wall (Ferrothorn) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 52 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Revenge
- Endure
- Swords Dance

Bit of an odd team but it works out alright. Articuno is a difficult mon to build with, but I managed to find something that works.

Decided to go with Tapu Koko along Cuno, as it covers the shaky Urshifu and Regidrago matchups. Taunt + Iron Defense lets it comfortably check mons like Aggron, Sawk, and Avalugg. Articuno helpfully deals with Porygon-Z, Volcanion, and Necrozma, allowing koko to drop Eerie Impulse. Koko also covers Celesteela and Metagross quite reliably.

The last mon on the team is a quirky Custap Ferrothorn (a set that I believe has tons of potential), which lures threats like Goodra, Scarf Togekiss, Darmanitan-Galar, Choice Band Garchomp (its EV benchmark), and Regieleki. Revenge is used over Body Press because it benefits from Swords Dance, which helps while critfishing against Registeel and matters little in most other matchups (Body Press can still be used, of course).

The team's main issue are some specific stall pokemon: things like Chansey and Registeel might require luck or good prediction. LO Zeraora with Fire Punch, Taunt, Plasma Fists, and Knock Off is also a hard 3-0, but that's an incredibly specific set that's unlikely to get used in this form. The team also needs to predict what coverage move band lando-T is running: Stone Edge variants are stopped by Ferrothorn while Superpower sets lose to Articuno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)