Project SS 1v1 Teambuilding Lab (OPEN FOR REQUESTS)

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can I get a Clefable Team?
Was bored in class so decided to try one of these out..
:clefable: :nihilego: :volcarona:
First things first we slap Clefable on. I almost never use this mon so decided to just use the standard set since it's solid enough. After that I decided that I wanted to tackle fairies first. Was feeling a bit quirky so went with Nihilego because it has a really good overall fairy matchup while also tackling fire types. This was important because if I ran a steel instead I would have had to find something that beats all steels, fires, avalugg, etc in a final mon which is insanely difficult. I chose sub here so you can body Prim and potentially finesse stuff like Necrozma. The third was still tricky regardless because beating steels, Necrozma, Lele, and Avalugg is difficult. Volcarona seemed to do pretty well but required a bit of thinking. Wisp is for Avalugg and Mystical Fire is to be able to lower Lele's special attack. This team has been doing pretty well for me on ladder in some testing although there's a few flaws. Your Darmg mu is somewhat weird. Nihilego beats band, Clefable beats scarf, and Volcarona has a 75% chance to beat any except scarf Giga Impact and the cursed rock move darmg. Other than that your Registeel mu can be difficult. Set up seems to require a crit or a 3.7% roll but honestly not bad odds.

Hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm going to try and make more of these the next few days to hopefully undead this but no promises >_<

Edit: just hit top 15 on ladder with it starting from 1500s

Was bored in class so decided to try one of these out..
:clefable: :nihilego: :volcarona:
First things first we slap Clefable on. I almost never use this mon so decided to just use the standard set since it's solid enough. After that I decided that I wanted to tackle fairies first. Was feeling a bit quirky so went with Nihilego because it has a really good overall fairy matchup while also tackling fire types. This was important because if I ran a steel instead I would have had to find something that beats all steels, fires, avalugg, etc in a final mon which is insanely difficult. I chose sub here so you can body Prim and potentially finesse stuff like Necrozma. The third was still tricky regardless because beating steels, Necrozma, Lele, and Avalugg is difficult. Volcarona seemed to do pretty well but required a bit of thinking. Wisp is for Avalugg and Mystical Fire is to be able to lower Lele's special attack. This team has been doing pretty well for me on ladder in some testing although there's a few flaws. Your Darmg mu is somewhat weird. Nihilego beats band, Clefable beats scarf, and Volcarona has a 75% chance to beat any except scarf Giga Impact and the cursed rock move darmg. Other than that your Registeel mu can be difficult. Set up seems to require a crit or a 3.7% roll but honestly not bad odds.

Hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm going to try and make more of these the next few days to hopefully undead this but no promises >_<

Edit: just hit top 15 on ladder with it starting from 1500s
Thanks for the team!
Fun.

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
requesting an alolan wak team
and
requesting a silvally team (any forme i don't really care)
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 64 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 16 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Counter
- Swords Dance

Primarina @ Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 104 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Endure
- Aqua Jet

Silvally-Electric @ Electric Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Standard Wak, living Scarf Darm, Standard Custap Prim, living Haxorus, Silvally has bulk for Specs Volcanion, with max Atk and a Speed dump.

Hope you guys have fun with this.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requesting Salazzle + Regidrago
DEG helped me with this one although it wasn't too difficult because you requested an actual viable core
:salazzle: :regidrago: :aromatisse:
Salazzle is actually a pretty clean mon right now. I totally forgot it existed but it cleans up a bunch of the fairy steel spam we have going on which isn't half bad. For the Regidrago I figured it would be easier to clear out Darm-g and run a fairy than some Haban set or something. For a third we really only had to beat like Regidrago, Fini, some Necrozmas, etc. Deg gave me the idea of Aromatisse and it seemed to work out really well. I really like the type balance this team has going on although it is a bit weak to Chansey potentially so keep an eye out for that.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for submitting a pretty easy core. Honestly wish I had thought of it myself

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
Requesting a team around Wide Lens Roserade
:roserade: :heatran: :buzzwole:
Honestly this team is probably a bit too quirky but whatever. I'm not a fan of sleep leech mons because sleep is unreliable as fuck but hey at least Roserade is better than Venusaur. I just took the comp set, nothing special. After that I realized that we kinda lost to Regidrago and Celesteela and instead of being reasonable and finding a separate mon for each I tried beating both with the cool mon Heatran. Specs Dragon Pulse with some bulk can muscle through Regidrago and eat a Band Hammer Arm in return. You still can get owned by Spdef AV Hammer Arm or Custap Hammer Arm but I'm the only one who considers that real yet. For a final mon I was looking for something for Zera, Gdarm, Urshifus, a general way to handle stall, and was feeling pretty quirky so I settled with Buzzwole. It's probably not the best choice because the team struggles with Sub Pult and faster stall mons like Zapdos and Raikou but if you want something better I recommend Sylveon (although this leaves you prone to getting owned by Chansey so what if ID Bpress Tran with it oo?).

Like I said before sleep isn't something I generally consider very good in ss 1v1 so this was kind of difficult but I hope you enjoy it!!

Edit: By Sylveon and ID Tran I've been trying this which I've been having a lot more success with. Previously I was struggling to stay 1600s but with the new team I instantly shot to 1700s dropping like 1 or 2 games. The Tran set is from the Snorlax era though so feel free to optimize it for the modern age kek

Last edited:
requesting a team around leech seed ferrothorn

Preferably with this set

Ferrothorn @ Custap Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 52 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Leech Seed

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
requesting custap moltres-g
Lucifer (Moltres-Galar) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 140 HP / 248 Def / 120 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Nasty Plot
- Endure

Idolatry (Ferrothorn) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 52 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Leech Seed

Inferno (Darmanitan) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Trick
- Rest

Here's a thing I came up with: moltG deals with ghosts and fightings, volcanion, and potentially annoying stuff like landoI and cresselia. Custap ferro and adascarf darm are some of my favorite mons that synergize super well, with ferro handling stuff like regidrago, specs zone, and aroma (thx to leech seed), garchomp, crustle and other rocks, and the water/fairies that moltG cannot set up on. My sweet baby pumpkin red darm rounds out the team by dealing well with togekiss, celesteela, entei, heatran (trick on balloon lmao) and koko, while dealing enough damage to kill zapdos with blitz spam (LO has a 25% chance to tank and KO, you can't run ada because bulldoze av entei wins then). Bulk on gdarm is to tank 252+ attack bulldoze into espeed from AV entei.

Issues for this team are the occasional fire move rock type (rhyp or ttar mostly, but those are rare and scared at preview), counter togekiss (darm 50-50s, needs to trick on counter and attack on anything else), stone edge AV entei, and flamethrower goodra. Your kyurem matchup is also a bit weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)