Project SS 1v1 Teambuilding Lab (OPEN FOR REQUESTS)

pqs

Banned deucer.
1629352865781.png

art by airfare
approved by Rosa, OP stolen from
SS OU Teambuilding Lab
Welcome to the 1v1 Teambuilding Lab! This project's aim is to help newer teambuilders by giving custom-made teams to whoever requests them. Users can request teams to be built by a group of experienced, accomplished teambuilders around any Pokemon or core (if on the VR). Once the team is created and quality checked by other members, the builder will share the team, alongside a general idea of their teambuilding process and a general explanation of the sets. A form is linked below to sign up as a teambuilder for our group, and will be active throughout the duration of the project if new users are interested in joining midway!

Rules:
  • The Pokemon you request to be built around can be any Pokemon on the 1v1 viability rankings, though high quality isn't guaranteed for some of the lower tier Pokemon.
  • Don't post anything in this thread besides requests, unless you are one of the designated builders above. Any questions about teams can be addressed to the builder via forum PM.
  • This project is aimed towards Gen 8 1v1. Don't request any teams for different tiers or generations.
  • Don't request sets or cores that have been requested in the thread before, unless notable changes in the metagame have occured.
  • If a team that you've requested isn't posted in this thread within two weeks, feel free to forum PM me or another teambuilder and we can update you on its status. Don't worry if your team takes longer, though - we have a sizeable backlog and limited time to work on teams! Every team is being accounted for and you will receive your team eventually.
  • Don't request more than one team at a time, and don't flood the thread with requests by the same person.
  • Check the team archive below to make sure that teams aren't already built for a Pokemon you're planning to request. It's ok to re-request if major metagame shifts have happened or the team is outdated.
  • Please let us know if there is an error or weakness with one of the teams! We will work to fix it.
Message eblurb or me if you have any questions!

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Requesting a team around ninetales
Requesting a Team around -
Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 144 HP / 92 Atk / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Breaking Swipe
- Skitter Smack
:ninetales: :zygarde: :tapu fini:

New Suns Dawn (Ninetales) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drought
EVs: 28 Def / 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Mystical Fire
- Solar Beam
- Shadow Ball

Serpent of Eden (Zygarde) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 144 HP / 92 Atk / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Breaking Swipe
- Skitter Smack

Clamshell Complex (Tapu Fini) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 88 SpA / 16 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam

I saw those two requests and figured that I could easily make a team that had both at once. Ninetales + Zygarde forms the central core of this team, with specs Ninetales beating problematic ice-types like Band Darmanitan-Galar, Glastrier, and Kyurem, as well as steels like Ferrothorn and Registeel and grasses like Rillaboom, Venusaur, Tapu Bulu, and Whimsicott. It also beats Tapu Fini, which is an amazing matchup to cover as a fire-type (especially because Fini is often paired with steels or grasses that rely on it to beat fires).

WP Zygarde is a ridiculously bulky Pokemon that handles top mons like Necrozma, Zeraora, and Metagross. It supports Ninetales by removing Fire-types like Volcanion and Entei, as well as some specially bulky threats like Primarina and Tyranitar. Extreme Speed lets it prey on Custap mons that would take advantage of a Specs user, and Breaking Swipe safely deals with Aggron.

The remaining threats were mostly dragons, Urshifu, Spectrier, Scarf Darmanitan-Galar, Avalugg, and Togekiss. Few pokemon proved able to beat all of those reliably, until I stumbled upon AV Fini, a tech from last WC. With Icy Wind + Ice Beam it beats Naganadel, its fairy stab handles urshifu, and ice coverage comes in handy against garchomp and togekiss as well (especially when togekiss's winning play is usually Trick). Spectrier, which normally isn't hard countered by Fini, loses to Nature's Madness: use it t1 and alternate with Moonblast (or Ice Beam when Spectrier is at low enough health) and you should be able to beat any variant reliably. Benchmarks are tanking 2 earthquakes from scarf gdarm as well as a specs PZ hyper beam, and outspeeding any naganadel after Icy Wind. This Fini doesn't run a water move, as Zygarde hard counters most fires (except for a few which tend to lose to Ninetales instead) and together with Ninetales it beats nearly all steels too.

The team has a few matchups where it needs to setguess, most prominently Darmanitan-Galar. Zygarde beats every Necrozma apart from the fast set, while Ninetales beats any set that's not specially defensive. Furthermore, the Togekiss matchup isn't completely reliable and Fini can lose to flinches. Kyurem is also a bit awkward, though few sets can overcome both Ninetales and Fini. Specially defensive naganadel, which is a rare variant of an increasingly rare mon (not helped by Eleki dropping off too), is sadly a 3-0. Adamant Scarf Dracozolt has a small chance to KO Zygarde, but is not a major concern. Scarf Tapu Fini can be a problem for Ninetales if it runs Hydro Pump and doesn't miss, though the team's own Fini should handle those sets comfortably.

A version of the team where Zygarde runs Haban instead is possible, and probably has to run a less awkward third. That said, this version of the core would have its own issues as pokemon like Sawk, specially defensive Necrozma, and Primarina now all require new counters.

Last edited:
Not sure how I ended up making my own request, I'm not even part of the project team for this thread...
XSTATIC COLD Here's a team that I'm sure does something (whether that be make you lose elo or feel some emotion equivalent)
Seaking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 184 Atk / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Drill Run

Talonflame @ Charti Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird

Rillaboom @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Grassy Glide
- Stomping Tantrum
- Wood Hammer

Seaking will live hits from Electric Pokémon ex. Regieleki and Magnezone ; It also can live a leaf storm from non-specs Celebi. But we all know that compared to another water-type Pokémon it's outclassed. So I made the set beat Tapu Fini as well. Just don't get crit or be vs the draining kiss set.

Talonflame can more or less take a hit from any physical Pokémon

Rillaboom with endure weakness policy allows it to defeat Pokémon it normally would lose to otherwise. (ex. Darmanitan-Galar and Volcanion)

requesting jellicent
:jellicent-f::tapu lele::regidrago:
https://pokepast.es/75e3b5d731726fce

(yoo jellicent is one of my favorite mons:D )
decided to start with stall jellicent since scarf is not super viable in the current metagame. i chose this lele as a partner since it appreciates jellicent handling most steels well and it beats annoying specific threats like togekiss, fini and celesteela (bulked for 0 atk heavy slam). regidrago made the best third since the team still needed to beat zone, pult and miscellaneous non-fairies like entei, spect and urshifus. i think this team turned out well and has good synergy (has a drago lol), hope u enjoy

Last edited:
requesting a team around custap dracovish

https://pokepast.es/73b613d4215df81f i just like water

ok so dracovish can basic one shoot using fishious rend volcarona,darmantian, zerora if play right moves, togekiss is 2 shoot, machomp , scizor , spec magezone
so prima can take out those haxours, landours
and volcanion can take out darmantian using will o wisp , whimsicoot , tapu fini , ferrothron, siczor , choice band regirock and i think that it
you may have trouble with tapu fini and haxours and toxic zygarde, tapu koko, and magezone
so i hope you like it :)

Last edited:
requesting a team around this
Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def
Lax Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
forgot to explain EVs like the moron i am but it tanks band flare blitz from gdarm after king's shield and..... that's about it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)