Spring Big Brother: Garnering Interest

Myself and HeaLnDeaL are currently in the early stages of designing a Big Brother game for Circus, run in a similar vein as the three Survivor games that have been hosted here since last year

We aim for 16 players, but as Big Brother has two weekly challenges (both Head of Household and Veto), rather than Survivor's single immunity challenge, and the fact that individual play starts immediately rather than starting in tribal play, the game will likely take longer than a 16 man Survivor would, but we aim to finish quicker than the current Survivor 3 has been going, if at all possible.

The game isn't scheduled to start until spring, but we could move it a couple months sooner or later depending on player availability and how quickly we manage to finish challenge design, though mid-February is the absolute earliest I'm willing to start it, and late-April is the latest.

But before we seriously begin to invest time into making this game, I'd like to see if I can scout for interest. It's only going to be 16 players, but I want to make absolutely sure it starts at a time when we can guarantee we get those 16 and they'll be able to compete. Although, due to the rule against getting HoH wins consecutively and the fact Veto challenges are only for 6 players, there will be periods in the game where you don't really have to do anything, so it may not be as active a commitment as Survivor would be on the challenge side of things, but I'm aiming to make challenges short, so you should still remain engaged even when you aren't part of a challenge.

I plan on going the Genius Game route and holding challenges real-time over Discord when possible with timezones, ESPECIALLY for Veto challenges since scheduling will be much easier. Hopefully this speeds up these challenges so they remaining players aren't stuck waiting forever for a challenge they aren't a part of to finish

Also, there's elements to Big Brother that may or may not be included depending on feedback here. Things such as Have Nots, America Circus Maximus Votes, and various other elements used in Big Brother proper. Have Nots specifically may or may not be included, depending on how willing the playerbase is to potentially have Bassgame-style punishments for players forced to suffer being a Have Not for the week.. who knows?

If there are any questions about the game, feel free to post them in this thread. Again, it won't start until sometime between February-April, but I wish to see what interest there is ^^

Also another idea Heal and I have toyed with is instead of the usual Signups, hosting Casting Interviews with people who wish to play, asking them a few basic questions, selecting the people we feel give the best answers.. of course, if not enough people are willing to do this we'll just use a Signup thread as usual to find our players, but it's a neat idea, so I'd like to hear thoughts about it

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
interested, don't care about have-nots, against pretty much every game-related "twist"

if a 16p game doesnt finish faster than surv III does you've got other problems
i'd be interested
also against any kind of twist & would prefer a more basic game, i'd be fine with have-not punishments that don't affect me outside of circus / the circus discord

e: twists are fine as long as they aren't too crazy i suppose, its just that my definition of 'crazy' is probably almost anything twist-related lol

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Right now I believe the current intentions for Flyhn/me are to only have "twists" that have actually happened in the show. Personally I think doing BB with no twists and keeping it to just 14 HOH competitions and 13 vetoes is incredibly static and isn't true to the game at all.

But uh yeah, you're probably all safe from randomly having players outside of the original 16 people cast joining the game late, you're probably all safe from idk the HOH randomly losing their powers in the middle of their week.

There have to be SOME twists though, otherwise it's not Big Brother. "Expect the Unexpected."

I'm sure Flyhn and I will try to make any twists as "balanced" as possible though. If you work hard and prepare yourself, the twists shouldn't screw you much more than any normal aspect of the game can screw you.

Late reply but I would be interested in this (I actually watch Big Brother more actively than Survivor). I'm sure more people would be interested in this if you ask around. Only concern is that competitions would likely take a while considering it's 2 instead of 1 per cycle, but I'm sure it wouldn't take as long as Survivor 3.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
i'd easily be roped into playing this but have no background on big brother

I know RODAN/zorbees talk with Capt Kirby a bunch about big brother on discord so there's definitely people that watch it around

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)