Tournament Spotlight Trios I (Won by The Other Guys!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
approved by in the hills and Isaiah

art by in the hills
OP lightly stolen from Eggs OMM Trios
Welcome to the first-ever Spotlight Trios! The goal of this tour is to have some fun games with friends and Spotlight non-perma-ladder OMs!

In this tournament, the tiers played are:
Camomons
Inheritance
Sketchmons
Players should sign up as teams of three (and provide a team name) with each player being assigned a particular tier, or as free agents while stating their tier preferences. Signing up as a free agent is a good way to advertise your availability, and you can get picked up by a team later (if this happens, please delete your free agent sign up). Depending on sign ups, I may try and group un-teamed free agents into teams after sign ups close.

An example team sign up:
Code:
Team name: The Terrific Talonflames
Camomons: in the hills
Inheritance: Isaiah
Sketchmons: UT
If I signed up as a free agent, my post would look like one of these:
Code:
Free agent, can play anything
Code:
Free agent, prefer to play Inheritance
All standard tournament rules and guidelines apply. This means that ghosting is not allowed, including from teammates. Replays are mandatory. Also, since this tour is primarily to showcase the metagames, we want to avoid deadgames if at all possible. To encourage this, the first tiebreaker for playoffs will be total games played, then differential. This means that even if your team has already won the week 2-0, playing the last game is always better for playoff positioning.

Depending on the number of sign ups, there will be a 3-5 week regular season, followed by a 1-2 week playoff. Please make sure you are able to play for the entire tour, as there are no subs.

Signups will close Monday, June 27th at 10:00 am GMT-4. Good luck to all!
The pools are below:
The Mashup Marowaks
Camomons: RICEMAN
Inheritance: Instruct
Sketchmons: Eggs

The Wildin' Out Weaviles
Camomons: BugGoBrrrrrr
Inheritance: Harv
Sketchmons: ElevatedGodlynessOfficial

The Yassified Yampers
Camomons: Byleth
Inheritance: iapt
Sketchmons: beauts

The Other Guys
Camomons: a loser
Inheritance: TTTech
Sketchmons: Career Ended

Operation P.O.N.D
Camomons: Clasmia
Inheritance: Don Vascus
Sketchmons: DuckeryDoodle

The Flop Era Feraligatrs
Camomons: DerpyBoi
Inheritance: adem
Sketchmons: kDCA

The Quoi ? Feur isson
Camomons: Beka
Inheritance: Tuthur
Sketchmons: ironwater

The Motor City Meowths
Camomons: Euphonos
Inheritance: The Number Man
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ

The Tilting Trevenants
Camomons: Wes8888
Inheritance: Magikarp_Is_AG
Sketchmons: KaiserKaiba

The BatarCeus
Camomons: Palapapop
Inheritance: Dragonillis
Sketchmons: LBDC

The Gman Fans
Camomons: Altthiel
Inheritance: Atha
Sketchmons: Siamato

The Nuzzling and Vibing Kirlias
Camomons: anique
Inheritance: Amberr
Sketchmons: memedose46

You will have four weeks to play five games. The deadline for the regular season will be Monday, July 25th at 10:00 AM GMT-4. In order to not have everything crammed into the last weekend, I ask that you play at least two of your five games by Monday, July 11th. This is not a hard rule, but at that point, if you have not played any games, the host and your teammates can agree to replace you with a willing free agent.

Tiebreaker Time
I hate y'all so much
a loser vs Clastia
a loser vs Byleth
Byleth vs Clastia
iapt vs TTTech
iapt vs Don Vascus
Don Vascus vs TTTech
Ducky vs beauts
Ducky vs Career Ended
beauts vs Career Ended

The deadline for tiebreaker games is Monday, August 1st at 10:00 AM EDT (GMT-4). Good luck! and please do not tie again
Semi-Finals
The Yassified Yampers vs The Gman Fans
Camomons: Byleth vs Altthiel
Inheritance: iapt vs Atha
Sketchmons: beauts vs Siamato

The Motor City Meowths vs The Other Guys
Camomons: Euphonos vs a loser
Inheritance: The Number Man vs TTTech
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ vs Career Ended

Deadline is Monday, August 8th at 10:00 AM GMT-4. Good luck!

Finals

The Yassified Yampers vs The Other Guys
Camomons: Byleth vs a loser
Inheritance: iapt vs TTTech
Sketchmons: beauts vs Career Ended

Deadline is Monday, August 15th at 10:00 AM GMT-4. Good luck!

Camomons and Inheritance can be played on main via direct challenges. Sketchmon's challenge code is below:
/challenge gen8ubers @@@ Sketchmons Move Legality, !Sleep Clause Mod, Sleep Moves Clause, -Calyrex-Shadow, -Calyrex-Ice, -Cinderace, -Darmanitan-Galar, -Dialga, -Dracovish, -Dragapult, -Eternatus, -Genesect, -Giratina, -Giratina-Origin, -Groudon, -Hawlucha, -Ho-Oh, -Kartana, -Kyogre, -Kyurem-Black, -Kyurem-White, -Landorus-Base, -Lugia, -Lunala, -Marshadow, -Mewtwo, -Naganadel, -Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, -Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, -Palkia, -Porygon-Z, -Pheromosa, -Rayquaza, -Regieleki, -Reshiram, -Rillaboom, -Shedinja, -Solgaleo, -Spectrier, -Swoobat, -Tapu Bulu, -Urshifu-Base, -Xerneas, -Yveltal, -Zacian, -Zacian-Crowned, -Zamazenta-Crowned, -Zeraora, -Zekrom, -Zygarde-Base, -Zygarde-Complete, *Acupressure, *Astral Barrage, -Baton Pass, *Belly Drum, *Bolt Beak, *Clangorous Soul, *Double Iron Bash, *Electrify, *Extreme Speed, *Fishious Rend, *Geomancy, *Glacial Lance, *Octolock, *Quiver Dance, *Secret Sword, *Shell Smash, *Shift Gear, *Thousand Arrows, *V-Create, *Wicked Blow, -King's Rock, -Arena Trap, -Magnet Pull, -Moody, -Power Construct, -Sand Rush, -Shadow Tag, -No Retreat

Last edited:

UT

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hey y’all, I’m going to go ahead and close sign ups since we now have as many teams as I think the tour can handle. Schedule to follow in the next 24 hours, thanks for all the sign ups!

Logo_Gman_fans.png

Teamname: Gman fans
Camomons::bellossom: Altthiel
Inheritance::poliwag: Atha
Sketchmons::cresselia: Siamato
1656244018124.png

Quick question, are we locked in our slots? This is not the case in standard teamtour and one can more or less freely move from a slot to another depending on how things happen. So without subs ofc we all need to play each week but maybe we're allowed to change slots?

EDIT: Lmao I was waiting for atha's answer to post since this morning but sign-ups have been closed it seems...

Last edited:

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
View attachment 432774
Teamname: Gman fans
Camomons::bellossom: Altthiel
Inheritance::poliwag: Atha
Sketchmons::cresselia: Siamato

Quick question, are we locked in our slots? This is not the case in standard teamtour and one can more or less freely move from a slot to another depending on how things happen. So without subs ofc we all need to play each week but maybe we're allowed to change slots?

EDIT: Lmao I was waiting for atha's answer to post since this morning but sign-ups have been closed it seems...
Why you do this…we’ll get you in though.

The tour is going to be pool play like WCOOM was, so you’ll have plenty of flexibility to schedule your games, but will be locked into your slots.

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
Thanks for all the sign ups! 12 full team sign ups was honestly more than I expected, and I'm excited for the field!

In order to make this tour as flexible as possible, we are going to do two, six team pools for the regular season! Without further ado, the pools are:
The Mashup Marowaks
Camomons: RICEMAN
Inheritance: Instruct
Sketchmons: Eggs

The Wildin' Out Weaviles
Camomons: BugGoBrrrrrr
Inheritance: Harv
Sketchmons: ElevatedGodlynessOfficial

The Yassified Yampers
Camomons: Byleth
Inheritance: iapt
Sketchmons: beauts

The Other Guys
Camomons: a loser
Inheritance: TTTech
Sketchmons: Career Ended

Operation P.O.N.D
Camomons: Clasmia
Inheritance: Don Vascus
Sketchmons: DuckeryDoodle

The Flop Era Feraligatrs
Camomons: DerpyBoi
Inheritance: adem
Sketchmons: kDCA

The Quoi ? Feur isson
Camomons: Beka
Inheritance: Tuthur
Sketchmons: ironwater

The Motor City Meowths
Camomons: Euphonos
Inheritance: The Number Man
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ

The Tilting Trevenants
Camomons: Wes8888
Inheritance: Magikarp_Is_AG
Sketchmons: KaiserKaiba

The BatarCeus
Camomons: Palapapop
Inheritance: Dragonillis
Sketchmons: LBDC

The Gman Fans
Camomons: Altthiel
Inheritance: Atha
Sketchmons: Siamato

The Nuzzling and Vibing Kirlias
Camomons: anique
Inheritance: Amberr
Sketchmons: nvk

You will have four weeks to play five games. The deadline for the regular season will be Monday, July 25th at 10:00 AM GMT-4. In order to not have everything crammed into the last weekend, I ask that you play at least two of your five games by Monday, July 11th. This is not a hard rule, but at that point, if you have not played any games, the host and your teammates can agree to replace you with a willing free agent.

At the end of pool play, the top two teams from each division will advance to the playoffs, which will be two single elimination rounds.

A few other tour-specific rules:
Replays are mandatory and must be posted in this thread within 24 hours of the game being played. Replays posted more than 24 hours after the game will not be accepted, and the game will need to be replayed.
In order to promote games being played, wins will be awarded two points in the standing, loses will be awarded zero points, and dead games or activity decisions against you will count for negative one point. Playing and losing is better for your standings than not playing!

I think that should cover everything. I will have a standings sheet put together and linked to the OP early this week. Good luck to all teams, I hope everyone has fun, and let's spotlight some metas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)