split from screenshots thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Stop the presses! I'm not sure what is suggested by your exposé of a vague interface similarity between two programs designed for the same function--a function that lends itself to a particular style of GUI--but I'm sure the implications are sinister in nature.

In all seriousness, I couldn't care less about some nonfree program written by people who don't understand the first thing about networking.

Thanks for your comment, though.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If someone else has done it before, why do you have to do it a different way just because it's been done before? If it works, wouldn't it be smart design to use it?

Not to mention there aren't exactly many millions of ways to make a Pokémon simulator, and Shoddy2 looks more like the pokemon game plus a chatbox.

Vague interface similarity?

What lovely term usage to make yourself look better.

See you when the GUI for server is shown!

P.S. Way to show your superiority by bringing up something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand!

I'm honestly glad it's becoming more like NetBattle. NetBattle's GUI was better. If you could change the team builder, that would be great, too. Slide bars for effort values, being able to type part of the move to select it, etc. Team building in Shoddy just takes more time. Somebody's probably going to misread this as hostile, but it's just a suggestion.

I don't get this stupid NetBattle - ShoddyBattle fight, either. Open source, closed source, chat to the right, percent bars similar, claiming one has a root kit ( which was to find the SID ) and locking the topic, but who cares? Play Pokemon.

For Diamond and Pearl, I much rather Shoddy. It's free of glitches that affect the gameplay. NetBattle opens a free turn from indirect damage causing a knock-out.

For ADV, GSC, and RBY, I much rather NetBattle.

The only other thing I could think of would be the older generation games. The version system for Shoddy where the whole server would have to change to only support one is kind of limited.

tldr; Both programs have their ups and downs. I have both. My computer hasn't exploded.

Just a minor chat interface question, will it be possible to change the colors of the player/pokemon names? From the screenshots, it seems each pokemon and player have their own individual colors. It'd be easier to follow the battle if the pokemon had the same color name as its owner.

Vague interface similarity?

What lovely term usage to make yourself look better.

See you when the GUI for server is shown!

P.S. Way to show your superiority by bringing up something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand!
My god, bitter much?

Stop trying to cling to your dated programs by pointing out every little similarity or difference between the two. You want to play netbattle? Great. Don't bitch about the interface if you're not even going to be playing Shoddy.

Look meh im gonna be honest about the new looks on the new Shoddy.

Now it doesnt look like a cheap toilet Paper brand. Now atleast it has a whole bunch of cool buttons, double battles, i belive built in calculator etc.

Thats pretty cool stuff.

Now i must say, if everybody around here whants to get all COCKY!! about it. Like "Omg!! Shoddy battle 2 will owned blahh!! NBS is done for"

Negative there.

Obviously you guys have the upper hand, Yes of course you guys have a stable staff, some hard heads in it but still.

We are depending on 1 person. with ALOT of shit in his hands.

Nobody in NBS could do anything about it, except wait till the next update.
Some high hopes you know, bunch of talks.

I still don't get how!!! just how!!!! is NBS 10time worst then Shoddy. I would like somebody who can actually speak common sence and not be like

"Booohooo!! because NBS this move doesnt do this, and the fee turn gives you this and that" Apreciate what you have, not what your searching for and stop bitching.

Im gonna be honest with you guys. When Shoddy battle2 comes IF!! IT COMES OUT!! before NBS next update. Im gonna check it out to see how it is. And im letting you guys know, like most NBers will do to.

Now i dont wana hear

"Ohh look at the (BAN ME PLEASE)s that talked so much shit about Shoddy and now there bitting to our shit"

Heyy!! we talked shit about Shoddy because Shoddy actually sucked.
i bet more then half of shoddy players havent even seen or played NBS.

Its like Xbox Fanboys and Ps3 Users

Xbox talks shit about PS3 to the max, but more then half of those Xbox fan boys havent played or know what the Ps3 can do.

Ps3 is better then Xbox, of course Xbox its cheap everybody owns that shit. Thats why Xbox is own everywhere mostly by evrybody. Even those Ps3 Users. Anyways

Now hows is NBS 10time wors then Shoddy?!?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I still don't get how!!! just how!!!! is NBS 10time worst then Shoddy. I would like somebody who can actually speak common sence and not be like

"Booohooo!! because NBS this move doesnt do this, and the fee turn gives you this and that" Apreciate what you have, not what your searching for and stop bitching.
The problem is, this is the main complaint issued by the majority of people who use NBS. You can't just write it off as a minor issue. That's just a fact. There is no need to continue this argument and these posts should have been deleted already.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I agree that there is no point in continuing this. If you have suggestions, you are free to post them in the suggestions thread. If you don't want to use Shoddy Battle, we certainly don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)